Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:03   #16

^^ The best part on the route via Baramati - Saswad is that you bypass Pune city while traveling to Mumbai.

Else, if you take the Solapur - Pune road and reach Pune around 6 PM (or any peak hours), it will take good 2 hours to reach the dehu road start of expressway from hadapsar.
Old 22nd January 2010, 23:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
I drove from Pune to Hyderabad via Solapur completely on NH9, the road between pune and solapur is pretty much ok. I didnt find any problem in this stretch. I completed this stretch of Pune to Solapur by 3pm on 14-Dec-09.
how long did the drive take?
Old 23rd January 2010, 03:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Update as on 23 Jan 2010

Just did the bit on NH9 from Hyderabad to Pune. begumpet 4.00, Solapur food break for 1hr 45 min. Pune Koreagaon park at 02.30. Total time = 9.30 hrs and driving time of 8 hrs. My average speed was about 60 (I was driving slow today on purpose).

Road in AP is good but there is a lot of local traffic, autos, bobikes etc.

Road is KA is patchy with surface being rutted in places.

In MH, the road upto Solapur is excellent and there is not too much traffic. Traffic picks up after Solapur and the surface deteriorates gradually. No major bumps or pot holes, they have been patched up and several bits have been resurfaced. Work is underway on 4 laning so there is no shoulder and traffic is heavy. Reminds one that this is the NH9, the same one as between Hyderabad & Vijayawada!

The road between Indapur and Pune seems to have been just done up but, with the work on 4 laning going on, I expect it to fall apart pretty soon. Keep an eye on this road and enquire about present conditions before embarking on a journey over it.

Cheers,
Old 31st January 2010, 20:28   #19

Did Pune-Hyd completely on NH9 in 10 hrs

Folks, I did the Pune-Hyd stretch today completely on NH9 in about 10hrs with 2 breaks of about 30 mins each and one more break of about 15 mins. The road is of course patchy between Yavat and Indapur with massive amounts of traffic between Pune and Mohol (before the diversion towards Bijapur & Bangalore).

I started from Magarpatta City, Hadapsar-Pune at about 6:45 AM and then reached Hyderabad at about 4:45 PM or so. The Pune-Solapur stretch took about 5h 30mins due to traffic. But the road between Solapur-Hyderabad is low on traffic and was a breeze, but of course it's just a two lane.
Old 23rd June 2010, 15:57   #20
BHPian

I intend to start from Hyderabad at 7am.

I assume I should be in Pune around 5pm.

I intend to continue to Mumbai without any halt at Pune.

Which route should I take after Solapur if my main criterion is to stick to the road which is in the best condition at this moment?
Old 23rd June 2010, 18:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I intend to start from Hyderabad at 7am.

I assume I should be in Pune around 5pm.

I intend to continue to Mumbai without any halt at Pune.

Which route should I take after Solapur if my main criterion is to stick to the road which is in the best condition at this moment?
I do this route quite frequently,If you could advance your departure time by a few hours-3am,then it should be a convenient drive.3am-Hyd / 730am-Solapur / 1330-Pune / Lunch @ Pune:Hotel Sadanand is a good option on the Mumbai-Pune Bypass road.

1430 Dep from Pune/1630 you would be in Navi Mumbai.From thereon it would still be a fast drive inspite of traffic as evening hour traffic still wouldnt have picked up.

If you do a 7am departure from Hyd,then you would reach Mumbai during peak hours and its a nightmare at the end of a 14hour drive and add to it the delays due to rains,its quite a bad proposition.

The other downside of a 7am departure is that you would have to negotiate the infamous Solapur cops at the Solapur bypass as they would be all warm and ready!!!

I would recco that you take the route via Indapur-Left turn- Baramati-Jejuri-Saswad-Narayanpur-NH4-New Katraj tunnel-Pune Mumbai bypass-MPEW.This is the best option to avoid Pune traffic as well as the horrible roads after Indapur which have all been dug up due to the widening.
Old 25th June 2010, 12:53   #22
BHPian

I do Overnight Hyd-Pune usually 8.30 - 9 hrs

I do this trip few times a year, though company pays for travel (Air), but I prefer driving on my own. Also gives me independence to visit Mumbai or visit friends in Pune. Usually trade my car for a Activa (belongs to boss) for city jaunts.

My routine Hyd - Pune,

Start 10:00 PM from Malaysian Township, BHEL, Toll, Zaheerabad Break at Garden Inn for Aloo Matar and Roti (Always found it good), then non stop till Pune with occasional slow drives to drink water or some caffeine. Reach Guest House (Satellite Towers, Koregaon) 8 AM

Pune - Hyd is almost the same, just that I always end up being confused about and take 'u-turn' to reach dhabas outside Sholapur.

Prefer:

1. Variable speed non-stop drives, helps my time average
2. Like driving at night since visibility(per me) is better
3. No village traffic and crazy riders
4. Truck guys are always discplined, never had any problems with them
5. Not Sundays, when all the villages have markets near the highway during evening
6. Sugarcane cutting season, usually winters
7. Last 30-40 km towards Pune, need to be really careful
8. Other method to travel this distance within time is to follow a Volvo like Kaleshwari, their runs are easy to follow

As Ashish mentioned, last year Pune till 90 km's (not sure of the place) was really bad with sections in really bad condition.

Also worth mentioning, I usually cross Sholapur very early morning, Near Naldurg fort and following 10-15 Km's of undulating plains, and grass are awesome places.
Old 29th June 2010, 14:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
The road condition of NH9 between Pune and Solapur particularly between Pune and Tembhurni is in worst condition with lot of potholes and heavy traffic.
Eventually, this road has become worst ever accident prone area.
Road widening i.e. four laning of NH9 between Yavat to Indapur will start in third week of nov2009, will be completed in may 2012. During this period, this road will be nightmare.
For those who are traveling on this section of route, i suggest other options for safe, easy and fast driving toward Pune/Mumbai.

option 1---
solapur-ralatively good nh9 with heavy slow moving traffic-tembhurni-nh9-bad roads-indapur-left turn-baramati-jejuri-saswad-[A for pune-hadpasar-pune]-[B FOR MUMBAI-saswad-left turn-ketkawale-right turn-4 lane nh4-mumbai.

Dear Ashish,
Just been following your info.I shall be travelling down from mumbai at 1300hrs tomorrow i.e.30.06.10,sharp.do you think I can take the option1 for night drive.I need to reach hyderabad before 7am the next day!!
I shall be driving a Chevy spark LT.
Kindly advise.
Thanks in advance
Old 29th June 2010, 14:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton View Post
do you think I can take the option1 for night drive.I need to reach hyderabad before 7am the next day!!
Though nh9 between yavat[ 50 km from pune] to indapur is under 4 laning, the road is relatively in good shape and sugarcane traffic is stopped.
So, i will suggest to stick nh9.
Though there is traffic, you will face less problems than baramati route.
The road between saswad and jejuri on baramati route is in bad condition and avoid it.
in any case, you will be between indapur and solapur at @ 7pm[ sunset].

stick to nh9.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 29th June 2010 at 14:58.
Old 29th June 2010, 15:14   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Though nh9 between yavat[ 50 km from pune] to indapur is under 4 laning, the road is relatively in good shape and sugarcane traffic is stopped.
So, i will suggest to stick nh9.
Though there is traffic, you will face less problems than baramati route.
The road between saswad and jejuri on baramati route is in bad condition and avoid it.
in any case, you will be between indapur and solapur at @ 7pm[ sunset].

stick to nh9.
Thanks for the quick reply.I shall stick to NH-9 through Pune-Solapur.
Any advise/precautions while driving the small car?
thanks very much
Old 29th June 2010, 15:26   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thanks very much
Car size does not matter except while overtaking as they may not have power like a bigger car hence, need to plan and judge carefully the overtaking maneovure.

Just follow the rules and stick to your lane, dont be aggressive ( especially since your driving a small car) and you should be good to go.
Old 29th June 2010, 15:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The stretch between bhigwan and indapur should be driven very carefully and i mean it.
Keep safe distance between you and front vehicle.
There is one manned railway gate after kurkumbh[ 70 km from pune] and before bhigwan[100 km from pune]. be cautious.
For dinner, hotels before solapur is the place. There are no good eateries between tembhurni and chincholi [solapur].

drive safe.
Old 12th August 2010, 20:32   #28

Feedback on current road condition - Mumbai to Hydrabad

Dear Alton,

I would be traveling to Hydrabad from Mumbai on coming Saturday morning.
We would be leaving from Navi Mumbai by around 4am. As you have done this stretch recently, please suggest following:
  1. Which route you have taken - NH9
  2. What time you left Mumbai and by when did you reached HYD
  3. Good eating joins onthe way
  4. How is road condition
  5. Places on the way that we can visit
  6. What are heavy traffic patches
  7. Is this route safe to travel during night
  8. Any thing specific that we need to take care off

Any possibility to avoid Pune city?
Old 13th August 2010, 05:33   #29
BHPian

i used to take the Baramati to Pune via Saswad stretch regularly till 2 months back. Heavy traffic forcing you to crawl as you approach that ghat ~30kms before Pune.

And this was without the NH9 diverted traffic!
Old 13th August 2010, 11:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
i used to take the Baramati to Pune via Saswad stretch regularly till 2 months back. Heavy traffic forcing you to crawl as you approach that ghat ~30kms before Pune.
And this was without the NH9 diverted traffic!
The stretch with heavy traffic you are talking about is between saswad and pune via dive ghat.

I have stopped to use this stretch two years back.

From saswad, i enter in pune via bopdev ghat which has excellent road without any traffic and touch point is near katraj at undri on katraj-phursungi bye pass.
From this touch point, katraj is just 3-4 km away, kondhava is 5 min drive, golibar maidan is 15 min drive, wanwadi is 15 min drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks