Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 16:38   #166
BHPian

Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Guys i need infomation on road condition from pune to solapur, I shall be travelling from mumbai to solapur on saturday and return back on sunday. car would be driven by me ( Logan ).
Old 1st February 2012, 17:53   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Guys i need infomation on road condition from pune to solapur, I shall be travelling from mumbai to solapur on saturday and return back on sunday. car would be driven by me ( Logan ).
Hi Uday, me and my wife have recently driven on the Pune-Solapur stretch.

However we took and Pune-Kapurhol-Saswad-Jejuri-Baramati-Indapur-Solapur route as recommended by Ashish Bhau.

The choice proved to be a right one.

Pune-Kapurhol: NH4, very good road
Kapurhol-Saswad: Narrow Single carriageway, road is good with no potholes that I observed, you just need to watchout for oncoming traffic, especially Buses and Bolero Taxis, don't do this after dark. Driver's delight!!
Saswad-Jejuri: Good road, single carriageway
Jejuri-Baramati - Good road, Single carriageway
Baramati-Indapur - Good road, Single carriageway
Indapur-Solapur - NH9, good in parts where road is complete and double carriageway is open, however 90% of the road is under repair/construction with multiple diversions and bad truck traffic, DONT attempt at night.

Hope the above helps.

Drive safe
PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 20:31   #168
BHPian

Hey thanks for the info. But how much time did you take to reach solapur from Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Hi Uday, me and my wife have recently driven on the Pune-Solapur stretch.

However we took and Pune-Kapurhol-Saswad-Jejuri-Baramati-Indapur-Solapur route as recommended by Ashish Bhau.

Kapurhol-Saswad: Narrow Single carriageway, road is good with no potholes that I observed, you just need to watchout for oncoming traffic, especially Buses and Bolero Taxis, don't do this after dark. Driver's delight!!
Indapur-Solapur - NH9, good in parts where road is complete and double carriageway is open, however 90% of the road is under repair/construction with multiple diversions and bad truck traffic, DONT attempt at night.

Hope the above helps.

Drive safe

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2012 at 20:30. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 1st February 2012, 21:10   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks for the info. But how much time did you take to reach solapur from Mumbai.
Uday, we started from South Bombay at 1345, Pune bypass 1630, Saswad 1730, Jejuri 1815, Baramati 1915, Solapur 2145.

Above are indicative times but if you do take the Pune-Saswad-Baramati-Indapur-Solapur Route, it will take you 5-7hrs depending on traffic and how fast you get to drive.
PGNarain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 10:32   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

QUOTE=PGNarain;2666248]Hi Uday, me and my wife have recently driven on the Pune-Solapur stretch.

Hope the above helps.

Drive safe
Budget for an 8-9hr drive from Mumbai to Solapur irrespective of the road you take between Pune & Solapur.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2012 at 20:30. Reason: Removing extra quote tag
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:21   #171
Senior - BHPian

@uday,
best way for mumbai-tuljapur is

mumbai-eway-nh4-kapurhol-left turn-saswad-jejuri-12mati-indapur-nh9-tembhurni-left turn-kurduwadi-barshi-yedshi-osmanabad-tuljapur.

there is direct road from barshi to tuljapur @ 55 km but half the road is potholed.
Old 23rd March 2012, 22:08   #172
Senior - BHPian

Planning to travel from BIDAR to Mumbai in one day, is it possible? I will be driving all by myself. Ican start from BIDAR at 6.00 am, Kindly give me the best roads, less confusing routes, I would like to stick to nationnal highways or good S highways..Pls also tell me travel time between two cities.I will make bare minimum stoppages on the way. Total kms between two cities?Speeds I will maintain 60 to 70 kms/hr.Regards....
Old 24th March 2012, 10:14   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI
Planning to travel from BIDAR to Mumbai in one day, is it possible? I will be driving all by myself. Ican start from BIDAR at 6.00 am, Kindly give me the best roads, less confusing routes, I would like to stick to nationnal highways or good S highways..Pls also tell me travel time between two cities.I will make bare minimum stoppages on the way. Total kms between two cities?Speeds I will maintain 60 to 70 kms/hr.Regards....
Take the NH9 from Homnabad via Solapur till Indapur.After Indapur town take the road which goes left towarda Baramati-Morgaon-Jejuri-Saswad-Narayanpur-Kapurhole-NH4-New Katraj Tunnel-Pune Bypass Nh4-Dehu Rd-MPEW.

Road betweeb Homnabad and Solapur are ok.Solapur to Indapur heavy traffic.Indapur to Kapurhole state highways ok condition.Sugarcane cart traffic would have almost come to zero now.Overall Bidar to Pune EXpressway should take around 12 hours.eating facilities only at solapur.
Old 25th March 2012, 09:48   #174
BHPian

I am planning to travel by road from Mumbai to Mantralayam. I would like to know the road conditions from Solapur - Bijapur - Raichur - Mantralayam. I had driven earlier before the floods. Even then, Raichur to Mantralayam was a pain.
Old 7th June 2012, 21:33   #175
Senior - BHPian

Team have plans for below trip, need info on road conditions.

Day 1 > Wakad - Saswad - Jejuri - Phaltan - Pandharpur

Day 2 >Pandharpur > Solapur > Tuljapur > Akklalkot > Ganagapur > Akkalkot

Day 3 > Akkalkot > Solapur > Indapur > Baramati > Saswad > Wakad

Also stay @ Pandharpur is fixed - Gajanan maharaj trust
Need info on stay @ akkalkot.
Old 7th June 2012, 22:10   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

For Day 2, I will suggest you leave Pandharpur early (not too late) - esp if you want to do all 3 places and have sufficient time for darshan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Need info on stay @ akkalkot.
In Akkalkot, you do have facilities near the Kshetra itself. No hotels in town.

You could book as soon as you reach Akkalkot, before you go for darshan / to Gangapur. This is on the road towards Gangapur.

Other options are a hotel near Dudhani (20 km from Akkalkot towards Gangapur. It is on the main road, immed after you cross the Solapur-Gulbarga railway line. This is a regular type hotel, and not the one like what you would find in Pandharpur / Akkalkot.

Else, you will have to go to Solapur itself.

Last edited by condor : 7th June 2012 at 22:12.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 08:18   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
For Day 2, I will suggest you leave Pandharpur early (not too late) - esp if you want to do all 3 places and have sufficient time for darshan.

Thanks Condor.
Plan to take darshan in akkalkot on day3, since we plan to stay @ akkalkot overnight after day2.

Will start as early as possible from pandharpur.
I hope road conditions are good and it rains.
Old 8th June 2012, 08:29   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

@Silverado, normally it will not take much time for darshan in Akkalkot. But I will still suggest you book the rooms before you go to Gangapur. In that way, just in case you dont find enough rooms, you can go to the hotel near Dudhani

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
... road conditions from Solapur - Bijapur - Raichur - Mantralayam.
Solapur - Bijapur should not be a problem - it is a NH, but was un-divided 2 lane road.

No idea between Bijapur - Raichur

Last edited by condor : 8th June 2012 at 08:36.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 15:47   #179
BHPian

Hello. i would like to know whether the Sholapur-Pune express highway is ready? i am participating in a jeeping competition to be held somewhere near Lonavala. Last year, i had a bad experience over this road due to expansion work. Is there any shortcut to Pune from Sholapur. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Please.gif
Old 20th June 2012, 18:14   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnan_1212
Hello. i would like to know whether the Sholapur-Pune express highway is ready? i am participating in a jeeping competition to be held somewhere near Lonavala. Last year, i had a bad experience over this road due to expansion work. Is there any shortcut to Pune from Sholapur. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Please.gif
It is nowhere near being ready.Please refer hyd pune thread for recent updates

Alternate routes

Pune kapurhole baramati indapur solapur

Pune satara pusegaon pandharpur mohol solapur
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks