Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2012, 12:12   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Team,

I am planning to drive to HYD on 24th October. I am planning to go by the straight route via NH9.

Any recent updates that I should aware of ?
Old 5th October 2012, 15:04   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150
Team,

I am planning to drive to HYD on 24th October. I am planning to go by the straight route via NH9.

Nothing new-same old story-road as bad as ever and except for the rain battered roads as an added attraction.
Old 5th October 2012, 17:13   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Team,

I traveled from Hyderabad till Indanagar earlier this week. Here is my experience:
- Hyderabad to Solapur is v good road except for about a 20 km stretch some distance short of Humnabad, which is really bad.
- Solapur to Indapur has v high truck traffic, with 4 lane work in progress. My experience was that around 6 AM the number of trucks were fewer than when i passed that way around 3:30 PM.
Old 18th October 2012, 18:30   #184
Senior - BHPian

4 Laning complete:Indapur-Pune

Did a HYD-MUMBAI trip yesterday and finally some good news about this route.4 laning complete all the way from Indapur till Hadapsar.Indapur bypass is also open for traffic now.Bhigwan flyovers not ready yet.

Drive Timing:

HYD-Solapur: 4hours

Solapur-Hadapsar:4hours

Hadapsar-Dehu Rd:1.5hrs

Dehu Rd-Panvel:1.5hrs

Panvel-Vashi Creek-EEW-Powai-Vikhroli-Jogeshwari-Borivali:1.5hrs

Road Conditions:

Patancheru-Sangareddy: Fair,rough tarmac has begun to show up,speeds of 80kph-100kph possible

Sangareddy-Zaheerabad:Rough and chipped off tarmac at places

Zaheerabad-Homnabad:Around 30kms before Homnabad,road is terribly potholed,there just no road,its just one pothole to another.

Homnabad-Basavakalyan:Potholes continue,but frequency reduces

Basavakalyan-Naldurg-Solapur:Fair,80-100kph

Solapur-Mohol:Road quality is excellent,only one side of the new road open,but speeds of 80kph

Mohol-Temburni:Again road quality excellent,but speed of 80-100 can be maintained.Since the new road is wide,overtaking trucks is not a problem anymore

Crossing Temburni is still a problem.

Indapur-Hadapsar:Fast road,4 laning completed constant speeds of 100kph can be easily maintained.

Plenty of restaurants and that too clean ones opened on the 4laned Indapur and also before Temburni.

Overall the HYD-Solapur took 4 hours and Solapur-Pune took 4hours.Finally a below 10hour drive is easily possible from HYD to Pune.Stopped for refuelling after Mohol,and 20minute breakfast at Temburni and a couple of bio break stops.In my opinion,people can stop taking the alternative routes via Baramati and Pandharpur now and stick to the NH9 from now on.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 08:15   #185
mo1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Team,

Hello @F150,
I am planning to go from Pune to Solapur on 4-Nov.How was your experience with Pune-Solapur road condition?
Thanks.
Old 30th October 2012, 08:20   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1 View Post
Hello @F150,
I am planning to go from Pune to Solapur on 4-Nov.How was your experience with Pune-Solapur road condition?
Thanks.
I am sorry to report that I cancelled my trip due to last minute back-outs from the planned HYD meet with my friends. :(
Old 30th October 2012, 09:04   #187
BHPian

Re: 4 Laning complete:Indapur-Pune

[quote=In my opinion,people can stop taking the alternative routes via Baramati and Pandharpur now and stick to the NH9 from now on.[/quote]

This is very good news. I hope the indapur solapur 4 laning also completes fast and then one day reutrn trip to solapur from pune would be easily possible.
Old 30th October 2012, 11:26   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1 View Post
Hello @F150,
Thanks.
Hadapsar-Pune can be done in approximately 5hours with a late morning start and in approximately 4 hours with a very early morning start.However the sugarcane cutting season has started and the roads are beginning to witness heavy traffic of tractor trailers and bullock carts,so this is going to slow down the drives from now till about January-February.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 15:43   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Hullo Folks,
If I need to go to KA border (a town/village called Badami), the most feasible route seems to be the Bangalore highway, and a detour at Belgaum. The second feasible route seems to be via NH9 (uptil Solapur).

But I am interested in trying out the state highways, so how is the below route Pune - saswad - nira - phaltan - pandharpur - Bijapur - Badami

Now the portion for which I need your advice is the Pune - Pandharpur section. Is this road drivable? Or do I take the NH9 till Solapur and then reach Pandharpur?

Do share inputs. This is for a late evening (7pm onwards) drive today.
Old 23rd November 2012, 16:07   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Hullo Folks,
If I need to go to KA border (a town/village called Badami), the most feasible route seems to be the Bangalore highway, and a detour at Belgaum. The second feasible route seems to be via NH9 (uptil Solapur).

But I am interested in trying out the state highways, so how is the below route Pune - saswad - nira - phaltan - pandharpur - Bijapur - Badami

Now the portion for which I need your advice is the Pune - Pandharpur section. Is this road drivable? Or do I take the NH9 till Solapur and then reach Pandharpur?

Last month I did Pune - saswad - nira - phaltan, this is in good condition(Typical SH with good surface to drive on and less traffic), rest of the streach I have no idea.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 16:12   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Last month I did Pune - saswad - nira - phaltan, this is in good condition(Typical SH with good surface to drive on and less traffic), rest of the streach I have no idea.
Thank you for that bit. Can you share a bit of additional info - PFA my queries

- Duration of the drive (till Phaltan)
- Any detours/ghat sections I need to be aware of?
- I'll be doing this in the night - I trust this road should be doable at night
Old 23rd November 2012, 16:53   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Now the portion for which I need your advice is the Pune - Pandharpur section.
The fastest route to Pandharpur would be Pune-NH4-Satara-Pandharpur.Khed Shivapur toll to Pandharpur is a 4hour drive.Satara-P'ppur would take you around 2-2.5hrs.But yes since its a late night drive this part would be deserted(no safety issues though)
Old 23rd November 2012, 17:16   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for that bit. Can you share a bit of additional info - PFA my queries

- Duration of the drive (till Phaltan)
- Any detours/ghat sections I need to be aware of?
- I'll be doing this in the night - I trust this road should be doable at night
It took me about 3 hrs with some break, but I did it in early morning, 4:15 start from Pune, look for signs and you will find them, nothing like ghat road, but in some places you will find rough patches. Hope no fear issues there in night!!!, I was doing it for the 1st time.
Old 23rd November 2012, 17:34   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
It took me about 3 hrs with some break, but I did it in early morning, 4:15 start from Pune, look for signs and you will find them, nothing like ghat road, but in some places you will find rough patches. Hope no fear issues there in night!!!, I was doing it for the 1st time.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The fastest route to Pandharpur would be Pune-NH4-Satara-Pandharpur.Khed Shivapur toll to Pandharpur is a 4hour drive.Satara-P'ppur would take you around 2-2.5hrs.But yes since its a late night drive this part would be deserted(no safety issues though)
Call me a nut-case, but I really find the GQ highly boring - having done it more than thrice in the past. Hence exploring options that I haven't traversed on.

Got some timely updates from @ashishpollad; will be going by NH9 and then the way onwards via Pandharpur to Badami. On the return I might explore the other options.

Thanks for the inputs guys.
Old 23rd November 2012, 17:43   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hadapsar-Pune can be done in approximately 5hours with a late morning start and in approximately 4 hours with a very early morning start.
Did you intend to say Solapur - Pune?
Though I am beginning to wonder that we will soon take an hours time to reach central Pune from Hadapsar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks