Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 20:02   #121
BHPian

Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Hey sajo,
i have not mentioned that there is volvo service between pune and solapur.

I just quoted that the volvo service plying on NH9 between indapur and pune is rerouted to 12mati.
The volvoes between mumbai/pune to hyd/latur/nanded take 12mati route.
Ashish I seriously recommend to all T Bhp members avoid this NH 9 at least next 3 years.

Why?

I saw too many accidents on this road both trucks/cars/SUV's.

Last year I drove Pune to Jaisalmer and I saw only one truck breakdown, NIL ACCIDENTS.

And this was in September when rains were lashing Maharashtra and Gujrat.

I would also request Team Bhp to issue an ADVISORY to Members to use NH9 at serious risk to car and personal injuries.

Like a fool I cancelled my train tickets and drove day/night on this mad highway. One eye was blind anyway.

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 19th December 2011 at 20:09.
Old 19th December 2011, 23:15   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis

Ashish I seriously recommend to all T Bhp members avoid this NH 9 at least next 3 years.

Why?

I saw too many accidents on this road both trucks/cars/SUV's.

Last year I drove Pune to Jaisalmer and I saw only one truck breakdown, NIL ACCIDENTS.

And this was in September when rains were lashing Maharashtra and Gujrat.

I would also request Team Bhp to issue an ADVISORY to Members to use NH9 at serious risk to car and personal injuries.

Like a fool I cancelled my train tickets and drove day/night on this mad highway. One eye was blind anyway.

Wow. I am clueless, what happened to the half completed newly laid tar roads. Agree that overtaking in the two lane roads is risky. It is stressful for sure. I wouldn't say, don't travel in this road for next 3 years.

Is it the sugarcane traffic ? That made things so worse.
Old 20th December 2011, 17:12   #123
BHPian

I need to do this stretch again on 23rd evening.

Can start only by 4.00pm due to work commitments.
Pls suggest possible routes. I am thinking of sticking to NH4 only. Pls suggest the latest road conditions.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Old 20th December 2011, 18:10   #124
BHPian

Maverick, the 4 laning work is going on slowly that makes it a pain to drive to Solapur from Pune.

Check if you can go via Pandharpur-Baramati-Solapur.

Another crazy route Pune>Bijapur>Solapur. Anything except NH 9. Night driving is asking for serious trouble.

Traffic jams near Bhigwan and a few other places take an hour to clear.
Old 21st December 2011, 12:10   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
solapur-pandharpur-12mati-pune is equally bad as far as road condition is concerned.

As on today, for day drive, its pune-saswad-12mati-indapur-nh9-solapur is the best.

If you are ok with 12mati route during night drive, take it.
It is lot safer than NH9.
Drive with high beam from indapur to 12mati after sunset.
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:35   #126
BHPian

I am starting from Pune on Sat 6am for Hyd. Do I need to take Pune-Kurkumbh-Baramati-Indapur-Solapur-Zaheerabad-Hyderabad route? As its a day-time drive I was thinking on taking NH9 fully but now having second thoughts. Pls advise.

Or, shall I take NH4 till Khandala-Phaltan-Pandharpur-Solapur-Hyd route?

I will be travelling with my wife and kid on Cruze.

Last edited by rahul_sinha : 22nd December 2011 at 13:45. Reason: adding another question
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:54   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
I am starting from Pune on Sat 6am for Hyd. Do I need to take Pune-Kurkumbh-Baramati-Indapur-Solapur-Zaheerabad-Hyderabad route? As its a day-time drive I was thinking on taking NH9 fully but now having second thoughts. Pls advise.

Or, shall I take NH4 till Khandala-Phaltan-Pandharpur-Solapur-Hyd route?

I will be travelling with my wife and kid on Cruze.
If you leave early, it is OK to take NH9 all the way.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:57   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
If you leave early, it is OK to take NH9 all the way.
Thanks HVK sir, I will return on 27th Dec (Tuesday) from Hyd. Again intending for a 6 am start, but shall I still stick to NH9 or take a deviation onto Baramati-NH9 Or, Pandharpur-NH4?
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:59   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Thanks HVK sir, I will return on 27th Dec (Tuesday) from Hyd. Again intending for a 6 am start, but shall I still stick to NH9 or take a deviation onto Baramati-NH9 Or, Pandharpur-NH4?
Yes, return will be bad. Better to take the Indapur-Baramati route.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:56   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Maverick, the 4 laning work is going on slowly that makes it a pain to drive to Solapur from Pune.

Another crazy route Pune>Bijapur>Solapur. Anything except NH 9. Night driving is asking for serious trouble.

Traffic jams near Bhigwan and a few other places take an hour to clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
solapur-pandharpur-12mati-pune is equally bad as far as road condition is concerned.

As on today, for day drive, its pune-saswad-12mati-indapur-nh9-solapur is the best.

If you are ok with 12mati route during night drive, take it.
It is lot safer than NH9.
Drive with high beam from indapur to 12mati after sunset.

Thank you Captain Saab and AP Bhai. Cancelled my drive plan today morning as the function would be completed in Rajamundry, by the time I reach on 24th evening. Hence no point in going.
Bus ticket prices are close to Mumbai - Hyd fares. More than 2.5k pax. Hence opted for going by my drive.

Will do the same again on 13th Jan most probably. Will surely take the Saswad-12mati- Indapur - Sholapur then. Plan to start early in the morning.
Old 23rd December 2011, 20:05   #131
BHPian

Am doing Mumbai-Hyd next week and will take Mum-Satara-Pandharpur-Solapur. Is around 55 KM longer, but Mumbai satara is a blaze. I plan to leave around 5 AM, so I get on Expressway be 530-545. I expect to reach Wakad by 7AM, have done this leg many times, and am reasonably sure I can manage it.

The part I dont know: can I get to Satara by 9 AM, and maybe Solapur by 12 noon? And then Hyd by 4 PM?
Am I being overambitious? Are there good bypasses for big cities/towns on this route?
Old 24th December 2011, 10:55   #132
BHPian

Karthik Rao> Evaluate Mumbai>Satara>Bijapur>Hyd route also.
nanduchitnis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 23:07   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_rao View Post
Am doing Mumbai-Hyd next week and will take Mum-Satara-Pandharpur-Solapur. Is around 55 KM longer, but Mumbai satara is a blaze. I plan to leave around 5 AM, so I get on Expressway be 530-545. I expect to reach Wakad by 7AM, have done this leg many times, and am reasonably sure I can manage it.

The part I dont know: can I get to Satara by 9 AM, and maybe Solapur by 12 noon? And then Hyd by 4 PM?
Am I being overambitious? Are there good bypasses for big cities/towns on this route?
Am planning to head from mumbai to pandharpur tomorrow early morning, after reading this and other threads it is clear that NH9 is not the way to go. Any idea on the road condition between Satara and Pandharpur i.e. Satara - Gondawale - Mhaswad - Pandharpur?
Old 26th December 2011, 20:48   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Karthik Rao> Evaluate Mumbai>Satara>Bijapur>Hyd route also.
Thanks, could you please give details of the Bijapur-Hyderabad section? Have you done this route lately? This route also seems much farther than the direct Pune Solapur or the Baramati Option or the Satara Pandharpur Option. However, if the road is like NH4, then it should be worth the extra distance.
Am going in 2 days, so hope to hear back from you or anyone with recent experience of this stretch.
Old 27th December 2011, 12:08   #135
BHPian

Travelled from mumbai to pandharpur yesterday. Left at 5:50 reached Satara at 10:40 proceed to Pandharpur via fusegaon, gondawale, mhaswad. Reached pandharpur at at 13:20. It took around 2:40 hours/minutes to cover the satara - pandharpur stretch. The road passes through the village centers at koregoan and fusegoan. There was some mela? going on and it took quite a while to cross fusegoan.

Roads are strictly ok, not way too narrow, motorable, the tarmac isnt all that great, the surface is pretty much eroded in sections and it is a little broken between mhaswad - piliv. Overall, one can do 50 -90 kmph but the suspension does take a beating and by the end of the trip your vehicle, if it is not an SUV/MUV, is likely to develop a few rattles and squeaks.

Returned same evening, left pandharpur at 15:45, reached satara at 19:10 i.e. 3:25 hours/mins courtesy the mela? at fusegoan, took over 40 minutes to cover a 3 km stretch, with people of all sizes simply spilled over on to the streets, there is simply no place to drive. Progress was also hampered after nightfall and traffic chaos just when we entered satara. Left Satara at 19:30 , reached pune at 21:30, and home at 00:45.

absolutely no decent facitlities between satara and pandharpur, also tank up, not too many fuel stations, tyrewallas etc, it is quite a lonely road.

Considering the fact that this route (via satara) is much longer than the pune - solapur via NH9 or baramati/indapur route, am not sure if it will actually save time or be a little less stessfull or be beneficial if at all when driving from pune to hyd.

And yes, watch out for the convoys of bullock carts in addition to moving and stationary tractor trailers stacked with sugar canes in the middle of the road without any lights/reflectors. after sun down, it is a little unnerving to say the least.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 27th December 2011 at 12:12.
cyberwhizs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks