Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2020, 14:46   #586
BHPian

Re: Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore

Has anyone been to Nandi hills recently?

Any restrictions on taking the car all the way to the hill top?
Old 21st December 2020, 14:56   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
And to add to Shivagange side of the highway, its awesome. Parag did mention earlier that its amazing. I tried it some time recently and it is nothing short of a belter all the way till Magadi. Also this 2-Lane highway has a toll between Gudemaranahalli (On the Hassan 4-lane) to Magadi! Whats more they even support Fastag !
@ampere, went to explore this route and what a beauty of road it is!
SH-3 connecting Dabaspet to Magadi, with a tolled section after Gudemaranahalli, route barricaded wherever it passes through villages, butter smooth surface all the way, it will put some of the NH's to shame. It has some sweeping curvy sections too. Absolute driving pleasure!!

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-img_9533.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-img_9538.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-img_9539.jpg

Route map
https://goo.gl/maps/fmGvX92Z5Rzc9e2W7

Last edited by mankuthimma : 21st December 2020 at 15:12.
mankuthimma is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 14:59   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
Has anyone been to Nandi hills recently?

Any restrictions on taking the car all the way to the hill top?
As of now no restriction, but just in todays new paper I read that the authorities are planning to enforce restrictions on weekend due to the huge traffic occurring up there. Per reports, the plan would be to let 500 cars and 1500 two wheelers to park up there on first come basis. The following ones need to park at the base and use government arranged electric vehicles.

Just some reports, not sure whether exactly the same or something else will be in effect.

Any case, going by the report, it doesn't look like would be a peaceful thing to drive up there during a weekend.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 16:18   #589
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
@ampere, went to explore this route and what a beauty of road it is!
SH-3 connecting Dabaspet to Magadi, with a tolled section after Gudemaranahalli, route barricaded wherever it passes through villages, butter smooth surface all the way, it will put some of the NH's to shame. It has some sweeping curvy sections too. Absolute driving pleasure!!
Like I have been mentioning many of the transversal interior SH/NH have come up brilliantly in KA. This section is an ideal option to cut and bypass BLR.

This can get you easy access to Mysore via Belur-Cross/Srirangapatna or access to further south via Kuniga/Maddur-Malavalli.

And once the entire famed SH85 comes up, I think its just going to be brilliant.

Last edited by ampere : 26th December 2020 at 10:05. Reason: typo corrected
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 17:18   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Mulbagal seems to be the new hot location for the eateries - after a newish Woody's opened there, now there's a Mulbagal Dosa Corner by Pai Viceroy as well
Can you share the Woody's coordinates because I could not locate it on the google. It still picks up the Kolar location on google which is wrong obviously ?
Old 25th December 2020, 17:51   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Can you share the Woody's coordinates because I could not locate it on the google. It still picks up the Kolar location on google which is wrong obviously ?

Here it is

https://goo.gl/maps/k5fGiD36DStUstsi8

Last week, had been there for a breakfast drive. Liked the airy ambience and spacious interiors. Felt it was quite safe for elderly family members. Today went for lunch with extended family members since it was quite sometime we had gone out together. It makes for a nice drive coupled with good food !
mankuthimma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 20:23   #592
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Visited Thottikallu waterfalls off Kanakpura road last weekend with family. On the way, stopped at Gulakamale lake. The lake is very serene and we spent some time near the water. After that, headed to Thottikalu waterfalls. Asked around for directions and the villagers were very helpful
How were the road conditions when approaching from kanakapura road ? Any idea if the road from Bannerghatta side is good ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
The above post by @mankuthimma has the exact location. It's just after the Mulbagilu toll on the left when going from Bangalore.

Quote:
Mulbagal seems to be the new hot location for the eateries - after a newish Woody's opened there, now there's a Mulbagal Dosa Corner by Pai Viceroy as well
Folks, my bad. The Mulbagal dosa by Pai group is inside the city I think near Marathahalli.

The one I was referring to is Mulbagilu Prasad Dosa hotel inside Mulbagilu town, 3-4 km off the highway inside town and it's near the market. Had visited recently. The food is nice but being a small family run eatery, they're not able to scale to meet the demand after all the online reviews recently have started attracting huge crowds.

Last edited by NPV : 25th December 2020 at 20:32.
Old 28th December 2020, 13:39   #593
BHPian

Visited the Sabbanahalli Lake yesterday for a family picnic. Very refreshing I must say. There were at at least 15 families across the two view points we have over there. I prefer the second one as this has same natural shades under which you can sit with your family and have food. It's recommended to carry a mat or something like that. I noticed some folks carrying table chairs along with their own umbrellas.

The Gudibande Fort near by looked good too from outside but we gave it a pass having two young kids all tired. Kept it for next time.

The drive from Bengaluru is all good except a few kms. The compass in white is mine, a superb companion. I will let pictures speak for the rest about the trip...

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-img_20201227_135311.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-img_20201227_135432.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-img_20201227_135529.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-img_20201227_135346.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-img_20201227_135255.jpg
sushantk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 14:12   #594
BHPian

Any BHPian travelled to Gunjur this weekend? Just curious to know whether there was any local out to make a quick buck?

Sorry for back to back posts, but I do not see the option of editing my last post. Mods, please merge if it is more appropriate.

Another question if anyone can help me.
Is it worth going to Muthati/ Chunchi falls at this time of the year?

If not, can you please suggest a good scenic place around Bangalore

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th December 2020 at 15:29. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 28th December 2020, 15:28   #595
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Any BHPian travelled to Gunjur this weekend? Just curious to know whether there was any local out to make a quick buck?
Went yesterday evening and it was empty. No locals and no cars.

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20201227-22.17.09-1.jpeg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-whatsapp-image-20201227-22.17.09.jpeg
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 13:05   #596
BHPian

Went to Gunjar lake this Wednesday. There was only another car with a family. Later 2 guys on a bike came. A couple of locals with their cattle. All kept distance.

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-img20201225wa0002.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-img20201225wa0005.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 30th December 2020 at 19:52. Reason: Image orientation corrected
Sidban85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 11:56   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if the road from Bannerghatta side is good ?
The approach from Bannerghatta Road side is very good (except for some rough patches and traffic on Bannerghatta Road).

The road is quite curvy and I find it to be a fun and smooth drive.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 16:34   #598
BHPian

Went to Gunjur lake yesterday with my family. Awesome drive & place.
Thanks folks (especially human_wheels, Aiel, ankan.m.blr) for sharing the details.We all enjoyed the time there and there were 3-4 other families also at the spot and people were having a gala time there with music, preparing tea there etc.

I started from home (near Bellandur) at 12pm & we reached the spot around 2pm and we were there till 4:45pm. We had carried the lunch and had it at the lake. Post lunch had some walk, played some games with my son. Weather became awesome towards the evening. Reached back home by 6:45pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
3. If you find an orange/blue ball in the lake and are able to retrieve it, please PM me. My son would like to get the ball back.
Aiel, I tried looking for your orange/blue ball but couldn't find it there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
One more TeamBHPian visiting Gunjur lake
On our way back, we paid a brief visit to MakaliDurga railway station as my son wanted to see a train.
ankan.m.blr, based on your post, I had made plans of showing a train to my kid as well and could show him a couple of trains passing by and he really enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Yes, I faced the same. As I am not a local and given the covid situation, didn't want to talk, argue with him and gave him some money which he asked for.

Attaching some pics. That's my car in the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-p_20201229_135532.png  

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-p_20201229_152921.jpg  

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-p_20201229_152929.jpg  

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-p_20201229_154959.jpg  

viscosity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 18:03   #599
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited Thottikallu falls aka TK Falls recently.

Took Kanakapura road and once you take the turnoff it's just about 4-5 Km and narrow at some places, but road is good. There was even a Karnataka tourism's yellow signboard for TK Falls about 200-300m before the turnoff, had never noticed this despite going that side several times!

The road is barricaded at one point and you will find vehicles parked on both sides, but there's a large piece of land about 200m before the barricade being used as a parking lot and it's safer to park there. En route one can also walk across a field to see the Gulakamale lake.

The entrance is via a concreted canal and then steps going up towards a shrine and to the left is the entry towards the falls. A medium level trek through bushes and rocks takes you to the base of the falls and then towards the top as well. With so many videos of the place, it's attracting more crowds and obviously more litter

Suggest avoiding visits during weekends and holidays if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
The approach from Bannerghatta Road side is very good (except for some rough patches and traffic on Bannerghatta Road).

The road is quite curvy and I find it to be a fun and smooth drive.
When going from the kanakapura road side one gets to the canal, stairs and shrine. The road continues on the other side and I saw a car parked there, guess he took the other side and that's where one reaches when taking the Bannerghatta road ?

Last edited by NPV : 30th December 2020 at 18:04.
Old 30th December 2020, 19:03   #600
Senior - BHPian

Hi NPV - If you exit the TK falls route and reach the main road at Gulakmale Village, taking the right turn leads to Kankpura road. Take the left and you’ll be amazed by the road and the curves and the bends and the inclines and declines - leading up to Bannerghatta Road. It’s a good drive along the periphery of the Jungle. The speed breakers that got added a fee months back is the only dampner.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks