Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I am planning a Shravanabelagola-Halebidu-Belur-Chikmagalur trip this weekend and drawn up all the plans. However, I am not sure what route I should take inside Bangalore. I will be starting from Marathahalli around 6-7 AM, so what would be the best route to reach NH 48 ?
1. Marathahalli- Outer Ring Road - Tin Factory - NH4 - Nelamangala - NH 48
2. Marathahalli- Old Airport Road - MG Road - Malleshwaram - NH4 - Nelamangala - NH 48
Stick to 1 or 2. If you are not sure of the way through Malleshwaram and Yeshwantpur, keep to the ORR. The only problem in that stretch though is that there is a railway gate between NH4 and BEL circle. If it is closed, you could get stuck. Else, it is a breeze.
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:31   #32
BHPian

Thanks Addy. I guess i will stick with routes 1 or 2 then, and hope that my GPS doesn't get me lost .
Old 23rd December 2010, 09:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I am planning a Shravanabelagola-Halebidu-Belur-Chikmagalur trip this weekend and drawn up all the plans. However, I am not sure what route I should take inside Bangalore. I will be starting from Marathahalli around 6-7 AM, so what would be the best route to reach NH 48 ?
1. Marathahalli- Outer Ring Road - Tin Factory - NH4 - Nelamangala - NH 48
2. Marathahalli- Old Airport Road - MG Road - Malleshwaram - NH4 - Nelamangala - NH 48
3. Marathahalli- Outer Ring Road - Silk Board - Banashankari - Magadi Road - NH 48
4. Marathahalli- Outer Ring Road - Sarjapur Road - Hosa Road - NICE Road -Magadi-NH48
5. Same as 4 but continue on NICE road till NH 48.
I think 4 will be the longest but will also give me peace of mind as i will be on the NICE road for most of the time and i will have the least chance of getting lost ( I haven't been to Magadi Road, Malleshwaram, Yeshwantpur areas on my car before ) . Any other alternatives ? What is the best route ? Would appreciate any suggestions.
I would suggest:

6. Marathalli->Silk Board-> NICE Road -> Magadi Road -> Magadi -> NH48.

I tried this last time (an year back), I could save good amount of travel time. I dont know the current condition of NH48 between Nelamangala and Kunigal. If it is still under construction, you will save lot of time if you take this route. The road condition is excellent though it is two laned, and less traffic too.
Old 23rd December 2010, 09:54   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
I would suggest:

6. Marathalli->Silk Board-> NICE Road -> Magadi Road -> Magadi -> NH48.

I tried this last time (an year back), I could save good amount of travel time. I dont know the current condition of NH48 between Nelamangala and Kunigal. If it is still under construction, you will save lot of time if you take this route. The road condition is excellent though it is two laned, and less traffic too.
Magadi Road option is no more voted as a better way of saving time for so many reasons. Recent drives by many members including myself vouch for Nelemangala route due to the completion of the Tumkur Road elevated higway and better conditions between Nelemangala-Kunigal. The situation of NH48 and the roads inside Hassan town has been under regular discussion on the popular thread on route to Mangalore.
I would strongly suggest ORR and take on Tumkur Rd and then NH48 from Nelemangala. As of today, you wont regret for sure.
Old 23rd December 2010, 11:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Magadi Road option is no more voted as a better way of saving time for so many reasons. Recent drives by many members including myself vouch for Nelemangala route due to the completion of the Tumkur Road elevated higway and better conditions between Nelemangala-Kunigal. The situation of NH48 and the roads inside Hassan town has been under regular discussion on the popular thread on route to Mangalore.
I would strongly suggest ORR and take on Tumkur Rd and then NH48 from Nelemangala. As of today, you wont regret for sure.
I totally agree with you Parag here.
If you are heading towards (or exiting from )North(ORR) /south(NICE ROAD) Bangalore, best is to take route via Nelmangala & then the elevated expressway.
From yeshwanthpur junction, toll fee of 15 bucks & in 15mins you are in Nelmangala junction almost.
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:09   #36
BHPian

Thats a wonderful news/update! Thanks sushrutha and paragsachania!

I am planning to drive to Chikmagalur next month! I will try this route.
Old 12th June 2012, 11:48   #37
BHPian

Reviving this old thread.

My family members are visiting temples of Belur / Halebeedu this weekend. As there are some aged members in the family, the plan is to stay overnight at Hassan for rest.
Can anybody please provide some good accommodation information in Hassan or Belur? We are traveling in our car, so safe parking space is reqd.

Please suggest if we should go to Belur first and then visit Halebeedu. Or the other way round?

Is this the correct route for Hassan -- Belur -- Halebeedu -- Hassan :
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Shravanabelagola - Halebidu - Belur : Route Queries-hassan-bypass.jpg  

Old 12th June 2012, 15:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr

My family members are visiting temples of Belur / Halebeedu this weekend. As there are some aged members in the family, the plan is to stay overnight at Hassan for rest.
Can anybody please provide some good accommodation information in Hassan or Belur? We are traveling in our car, so safe parking space is reqd.

Please suggest if we should go to Belur first and then visit Halebeedu. Or the other way round?

I would advise you to do this route
Day 1: Bangalore-Hassan-Belur-Halebid-Belur-Hassan
You can stop over at Hassan on the way to Belur and maybe book a room to freshen up. Then visit Belur and Halebid and come back to Hassan by evening.

Day 2: Hassan-Shravanabelagola-Bangalore
Start from Hassan, visit Shravanabelagola and then leave for Bangalore.

Do not take the route to Halebid as shown in your map. Go via Belur only.

In Hassan, I'd suggest Hotel Southern star or Hotel Suvarna Regency for stay
addyhemmige is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 23:48   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post

My family members are visiting temples of Belur / Halebeedu this weekend. As there are

You may want to return back from Halebeedu via Chikmagalur road. The roads are better. You can consider Hoysalas village resort or Hotel Southern star for accommodation in Hassan

Last edited by sureshurs : 12th June 2012 at 23:49. Reason: Spelling mistake
sureshurs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2012, 16:59   #40
BHPian

What are the breakfast options on the way to Hassan? We'll be taking NICE Road to NH48.
Old 14th June 2012, 17:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr
What are the breakfast options on the way to Hassan? We'll be taking NICE Road to NH48.
There are two coffee days , hotel mayura and kamat upachar. Mayura is prefered , kamat is good to be avoided.
Old 16th June 2012, 09:37   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
While going towards Hassan, 2 or 3 kilometers after Kunigal look for Shrinidhi Super Shuchi Ruchi hotel on left-hand side of the road. He makes superb dosas. This is our mandatory "dosa stop" And, there's Hotel Mayura on LHS in Bellur Cross. And, few kms after Channarayapattana, there's a 24 hrs CCD and Kamat Upachar on right-hand side of the road.

In Belur, check out Hotel Mayura Velapuri. It's very good.
370Z is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 15:55   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning a one day trip to Halebidu, Belur and on way back Shravanbelgola over a weekend in coming month.
Till Hassan will be taking NH4 - NH 48. From Hassan any idea how the road conditions are for -
1. Hassan - Belur - SH 57
2. Hassan Halebidu - SH 21
3. Halebidu- Belur - NH 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
In Belur, check out Hotel Mayura Velapuri.
Could you please let know the direction to Mayura Velapuri from Belur temple.
Old 17th September 2013, 17:48   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Could you please let know the direction to Mayura Velapuri from Belur temple.
  • From Hassan side you will enter Belur at a Circle with BPCL Bunk onto your left.
  • Take a left here which will go into Below town
  • Drive for a Kilometer passing the Bridge over Yagachi river
  • You will reach a circle (Basaveshwara Circle) where you turn left (you cross the KSRTC Bus stand on your right).
  • Drive not more than 200 meters and you will find a gate to enter into Mayura Velapuri on your right

By the way, you have better options than this place (advising as I am from Belur) hardly 100 meters from this gate on the left hand side - Sumukha Regency.

Further to Sumukha, the road forks into 2 and you take the left of fork and go for 200 meters and you will find Vishnu Regency on the right hand side.

These 2 are any day better compared to Mayura Velapuri!

Mayura Velapuri always gave we Belurians an upmarket feel as that was the only place which served something more than just South India meals served elsewhere.

This one at night is a bootlegger's den.

Over the last 10 years, most of the South Indian hotels here have either started serving North Indian or have created their branches within the town with typical AC. Non AC type dining serving both South and North Indian food.

Last edited by paragsachania : 17th September 2013 at 18:07.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 15:44   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
These 2 are any day better compared to Mayura Velapuri!
Thanks a lot. Directions could not have been any more detailed. I am not much concerned about the type of food while travelling. Only require a hygienic restaurant with a clean restroom and a parking lot. So will check out Sumukha since it is on way to temple.
Also could you please update on road condition between Hassan - Halebidu- Belur.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks