Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2015, 12:54   #406
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_factor View Post
- How long did you take to reach VJA from HYD? Is it 4 lane all the way?

- If driving from Vizag to HYD is it feasible to do it within 12 hours with a 30 min Annavaram Temple darshan? Likely start from Vizag will be around 6am from one the beach hotels.

Thanks.
1. I didnt track the time exactly as I was in the last leg of my 7000km+ trip. Left Kurnool at about 1000hrs, reached Vizag at about 2300hrs (including all breaks, 60min jam in Vijayawada in the city due to my mistake of entering the city after being wrongly adviced by a fool...and making a bigger fool of myself by following it despite having travelled numerous times that way, and a bigger incident of towing a Swift out of trouble that delayed me by an hour).
But yes, it is 4 lane all the way, and you can maintain average speeds of 60kmph without crossing the speed limits.

2. Yes. Distance-wise, the 600 odd kms is easily done within the time you mentioned. As in the case of bypassing Vja, that might eat up some time as you will be going in the day. So cater for that, but its not much of an issue. You will have super-smooth roads.

Last edited by Unavowed_X9 : 7th December 2015 at 12:58.
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 12:55   #407
BHPian

Quote:
- How long did you take to reach VJA from HYD? Is it 4 lane all the way?

- If driving from Vizag to HYD is it feasible to do it within 12 hours with a 30 min Annavaram Temple darshan? Likely start from Vizag will be around 6am from one the beach hotels.

Thanks.
From ORR exit in Hyderabad, as mentioned earlier, it should not take more than 5-6 hrs. The roads are excellent and are 4 laned except for an around 3-4km stretch near VJA which passes through a small town. But that should not be a problem.

12 hrs is quite doable, but I would suggest you keep speeds in check especially on the VJA-HYB stretch. This road is infamous for morons who drive like crazy weaving through lanes.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 14:59   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
...As in the case of bypassing Vja, that might eat up some time as you will be going in the day. ...
As per google maps there is a "Vijaywada Bypass Rd". Would that qualify as a real bypass? Here is the VSP-HYD map incorporating the said bypass at VJA.
https://goo.gl/maps/qcUyPzRJ7542

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
From ORR exit in Hyderabad...
I am looking to stay near the ORR so that a quick exit can be made towards Hampi which is my next stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
...but I would suggest you keep speeds in check especially on the VJA-HYB stretch. This road is infamous for morons who drive like crazy weaving through lanes.
Thanks for that heads up. I think it is sam across India. I usually don't exceed 95km/h in India. Got my satnav programmed to start bleating like a nagging wife once the vehicle crosses that speed.

Thanks again.
Old 14th December 2015, 16:01   #409

Quote:
Absolutely.
No point doing the Tirupati route.
Blore-Tirupati road not so good after the recent rains.
I travelled that route just a couple of weeks ago while the rains were lashing out.
Blr-Hyd-Vja-Vsp-Bbs is the best. Did the same route from Kurnool-Hyd-Vja-Vsp-Bbs recently, and it was perfect.

No safety issues.
Just be careful with stupid drivers trying to prove something they are not capable of. The road is all 4 / 6 laned. I was solo and it was a part night drive, and it was awesome. Even managed to tow-help a accident broken down swift with an old couple inside for about 7kms to the nearest fuel station and further dropped them in Vizag in the middle of the night, though such things can sometimes be traps and risky. So no need for such things unless you are sure.

Ask any of your friends to get you some good Hyd Biryani when you hit the ORR, enjoy it and drive on!!

Any further issues, please feel free to PM me. Will respond immediately.
Warm Regards
Unavowed_X9
Hi,

Thanks for the update. I am planning to start on Friday early morning between 4-5.
So going by your suggestion, if I take the HYD route, which location would you advise to do break for the night and continue next day - i guess I would be in BBSR by 2nd night.

Also just for a Plan-B, if I take the Tirupati route, similarly where would you advise to do a night halt.

I guess my PM is not working. Is there any other way if you can plz send me your coordinates, it would be helpful....just in case I need any advice en route.

Thanks again
Cheers !!
Old 15th December 2015, 02:43   #410
BHPian

Hi.

Ideal time to start, as you said, 0400hrs!

I will prefer to opt for the Hyd route only and would night halt at Rajahmundry, AP. It is mid way, and you will find hotels close to the highway at the city entry itself. I have not night halted there ever since I normally complete the 1400-1500km stretch the same day, and if required sleep for a few hours in my Gangsta!

Considering the distances are nearly the same, I will not choose plan B as the route conditions both in terms of quality of road and traffic are different. But even then, in case of route B, you could still NH at Rajahmundry.

Yes, you can be in Bbsr by the 2nd evening.

Put in your mail ID or some number here, I shall mail / text you my contact.

Warm Regards,
Unavowed_X9
Old 15th December 2015, 11:01   #411
BHPian

Any major road damages while travelling through Tirupati due to recent rains??

I will be travelling on 18th Evening from Bangalore to Guntur Via Tirupati. with Night halt in Tirupati.
It will be long for me to go through HYD.(approx. 850kms) and through Tirupati it is 660kms. Vijayawada another 30kms.
I feel traveling through Tirupati will be economical if there is no bad weather predicted.
Old 15th December 2015, 14:48   #412

Thanks...you can drop a note to subhs1@gmail.com. I will connect with you if required.

Quote:
Hi.

Put in your mail ID or some number here, I shall mail / text you my contact.

Warm Regards,
Unavowed_X9
Old 15th December 2015, 15:05   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Any major road damages while travelling through Tirupati due to recent rains??

I will be travelling on 18th Evening ......
Though not major, it might be slightly uncomfortable. Considering where you have to go, it doesn't leave any other option too!
Old 16th December 2015, 13:00   #414
BHPian

I will need to drive to Vijayawada city (near Maris Stella College) from South Bangalore from time to time from now on. Which would be the fastest way to get there? I just came back by night bus from VJA to Bangalore. From before Guntur for the longest time (I was drowsy) the roads were bad, with frequent triple speed-breakers.

My need is to get from Bangalore to VJA in the shortest time possible. The return journey will not be so pressing and can be made on the best roads even if it takes longer.

Advice please? Thanks in advance!
Old 17th December 2015, 09:41   #415
BHPian

Latest update on route from Bangalore-Bhubaneswar via Vijayawada:
Bangalore (North) - Hoskote (via Bagalur) - Kolar - Palamner - Chittoor - Tirupati - Srikalahasti - road not in good condition till Nayudupeta - Gudur - road cut due to recent floods, and one side of highway has been repaired. Bypassing through lateral village roads which are not in good condition appx 15kms - Nellore - Kavali - road nearly submerged at patches - Ongole - Guntur - Vijayawada - road damaged in between at places - Rajamundry - Vishakhapatnam - Bbsr
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 01:02   #416
BHPian

To bypass Vizag is it advisable to take the Ankapally Road (SH38) or is it better to stick to NH5 and brave thro Vizag?

Also, is there a practical way to bypass BBSR? Couple of years ago I was in BBSR and if the flyovers are complete then I think crossing BBSR should be a breeze.

Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 09:57   #417
BHPian

Quote:
To bypass Vizag is it advisable to take the Ankapally Road (SH38) or is it better to stick to NH5 and brave thro Vizag?

Also, is there a practical way to bypass BBSR? Couple of years ago I was in BBSR and if the flyovers are complete then I think crossing BBSR should be a breeze.

Thanks
1. Keep to the NH5. Takes nearly the same time, and will save you the diversion. Traffic depends on the timing you enter Vizag.

2. Crossing Bbsr or Cuttack isnt as big a problem as it used to be with 3 flyovers functional. Khandagiri signal remains a bottleneck.

Warm regards,
Unavowed_X9
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 19:28   #418
BHPian

I need to travel from Vijayawada to Yercuad tomorrow evening. I am planning to take the Tirupati route. Can anybody please throw some light on the current road condition?
Old 28th December 2015, 13:45   #419
BHPian

Route Update: (Via Tirupati)
Bangalore to Tirupati no major road damages, expect near entrance of chittoor Bypass road.
Tirupati to Vijayawada: little road damages here and there till Naidupeta after that there are 4 or 5 road diversions and near Manubolu, there is road repair going on opposite side towards chennai.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 13:35   #420
BHPian

Road Condition Update:
I have done Bangalore-Guntur-Bangalore via Tirupati last week. Here is the quick update on road conditions.

Bangalore AP boarder:Good Toll road all the way, which is in good condition
AP Boarder to Chitoor: Patch work is complete after the Nov-2015 rains. There are few bad patches on Chitoor ring road (near BANS Hotel).
Chitoor to Naidupet: Chitoor to Tiupati is fine. But not so good between Tirupati and Srikalahasti. Afterwards it is breeze to drive.
Naidupet to Guntur: Good Toll roads all the way with occasional diversions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks