Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2016, 10:59   #1981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
It's Ranebennur - it has the Mahyco, Grasim Industries factories, etc
Mahyco is the one that comes soon after Hebbalu toll and after this is Reliance attached to Kamat and that is Ranebennur and towards Pune.

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-ranebennur.jpg

However, Grasim Industries is the one that is inside Harihar Town.

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-harihar.jpg

Notice in the above pic the same highway splitting way apart - North bound is bypassing Harihar while south bound is passing partially through Harihar town, in front of Aditya Birla/Grasim factory and Schools and merging ahead.

EDIT: Here is the Dashcam footage of the exact location that you are mentioning where South Bound corridor forks out from the main highway and you enter Harihar town (partially) and join back again. A good hint is that you pass a huge speedbreaker exactly at the fork and then take the route inside the town.

Ignore the over-exposure in this video that was on experimental basis during this drive.

Last edited by SDP : 27th September 2016 at 11:58. Reason: Merging as requested
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 18:20   #1982
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

The long abandoned Reliance fuel stations are bouncing back to life everywhere, so on NH4. Spotted 2 or 3 new Reliance stations between Belgaum and Pune. I am sure I saw 2 if not 3. Please note that the Reliance just before Hattargi toll ( towards Bangalore ) was always functional, strangely enough as it's a bit inside from the main highway and entry is from Hidkal dam road. The Reliance near Khed Shivapur,Pune too was always functional.

There was one closed down Reliance, nearing Sankeshwar on left side ( towards Pune ) attached to erstwhile A1 Plaza,then Kamat Upachar to finally getting fully shut. This station is now back to working 24*7 with very well lit premises. ( It was open at midnight 12.45 a.m too )

Next comes another recently opened up Reliance some distance ahead of Kini toll ( Kolhapur-Karad). This one is located on the left side while heading towards Bangalore and was up and working even at 2.00 a.m.

I think these highwayside Reliances work round the clock. I am not exactly sure when did these reopen, but definitely after June '16.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 19:40   #1983
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think you are refering to Harihar and not Ranebennur.(?) Can you confirm? Its the same town, where you cross TungaBhadra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
North bound is bypassing Harihar while south bound is passing partially through Harihar town, in front of Aditya Birla/Grasim factory and Schools and merging ahead.
@amp and @parag - yes you guys are right, it is indeed Harihar town that one enters on the Pune-Bangalore route, I stand corrected

In other news, some points on our stops during the trip:
  • The Kamat Upachar at Ranebennur was quite decent for breakfast and the rest rooms were ok though the overall maintenance of the place could be better
  • The CCD on Dharwad bypass (Mummigatti, opposite High Court building - #5 on Parag's list and picture posted earlier by @DrAD) had neat restrooms but the service was quite slow though we were the only customers there, seemed to take forever to get a couple of cold coffees!
  • Sai International near Kini toll on Kolhapur bypass had a decent food court/fast food place, food wasn't great though. On the return journey, we also stopped overnight and stayed at their hotel (lodging) in the same campus. Was quite decent and the Double AC Executive room cost us Rs.2500
  • Sankam Residency, Belgaum - we stopped for a late breakfast/brunch. Their buffet breakfast priced at Rs.150 + taxes was excellent and value for money

Last edited by NPV : 27th September 2016 at 19:42.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 19:57   #1984
BHPian

Friends, Could you please suggest any budget accommodation at Kolhapur for a night stay? May be in the range of 1200-1500/-

I am travelling to Panchgani from Bangalore and would like to have a night stay @ Kolhapur
Old 27th September 2016, 20:17   #1985
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Friends, Could you please suggest any budget accommodation at Kolhapur for a night stay? May be in the range of 1200-1500/-

I am travelling to Panchgani from Bangalore and would like to have a night stay @ Kolhapur
Just look at the post above!

Quoted for your reference:
Quote:
Sai International near Kini toll on Kolhapur bypass had a decent food court/fast food place, food wasn't great though. On the return journey, we also stopped overnight and stayed at their hotel (lodging) in the same campus. Was quite decent and the Double AC Executive room cost us Rs.2500

For Kolhapur look at Opal.
Old 28th September 2016, 13:04   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Just look at the post above!

Quoted for your reference:

For Kolhapur look at Opal.
Amp, thanks... I was specifically looking for below 1500 as this is for a night stay and will be leaving next day early morning 6am. Sai International rates are more than 2K.Checked with Opal, but their prices are including breakfast ad breakfast will be ready only by 8am. I have asked the rate without breakfast option, looks like they don't have that.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 29th September 2016, 09:10   #1987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Amp, thanks... I was specifically looking for below 1500 as this is for a night stay and will be leaving next day early morning 6am. Sai International rates are more than 2K.Checked with Opal, but their prices are including breakfast ad breakfast will be ready only by 8am. I have asked the rate without breakfast option, looks like they don't have that.

Thanks
Rajesh
Rajesh, for your budget there might be plenty of options around Kolhapur bypass. However, expect nothing short of a Check-in Sleep Check-out experience around these places as they would offer nothing more than decent (or bad) rooms. Have seen many hotels catering to last minute stopovers by cars at night who don't plan for their night stay.

Even online reviews might not have their best say if you look around. So it should be a calculated risk I would say.

Sai International has been just about OK from all the feedbacks received from my friends who have stayed here. Good for the price that you pay and it is bang on the highway, although almost 30 kms after Kolhapur (and 30 before Karad).

If that is so, you can as well check for hotels in Karad which is another 30 minutes from here and a well established city by itself for its size and has good hotels too. And since you don't really "Bypass" Karad completely when on NH4, you will not have to deviate much into the city as well.

The point is, if you are fining Sai International on higher side, then Karad will be an option for you.

Check this out - Hotel Annapurna. The tariffs are closer to what you are looking for. Secondly, this has been my regular stop for Lunch/Dinner many times due to their excellent Vegetarian only options. Located right on the highway (Soon after you cross entrance of Karad Flyover - No flyover for North Bound Traffic here but there will be one on your right for South bound tarffic). This hotel will fall on your right hand side when heading north.

I have never stayed here but since I know their cleanliness and service in terms of food and courteous staff, I am hopeful their logging wont be that bad at all.

Here is the location for your reference - Annapurna, Karad

Last edited by paragsachania : 29th September 2016 at 09:12.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 11:40   #1988
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was specifically looking for below 1500 as this is for a night stay and will be leaving next day early morning 6am.
Hotel Mahendra in Karad may be an option as well, slightly higher than your 1500 budget though (AC Deluxe room listed at Rs.1800). And it is very close to the Annapurna that Parag has mentioned in above post. I saw this on my way back last week and it looked good from outside - details here
Old 29th September 2016, 11:45   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Rajesh, for your budget there might be plenty of options around Kolhapur bypass. However, expect nothing short of a Check-in Sleep Check-out experience around these places as they would offer nothing more than decent (or bad) rooms. Have seen many hotels catering to last minute stopovers by cars at night who don't plan for their night stay.

Even online reviews might not have their best say if you look around. So it should be a calculated risk I would say.

Sai International has been just about OK from all the feedbacks received from my friends who have stayed here. Good for the price that you pay and it is bang on the highway, although almost 30 kms after Kolhapur (and 30 before Karad).

If that is so, you can as well check for hotels in Karad which is another 30 minutes from here and a well established city by itself for its size and has good hotels too. And since you don't really "Bypass" Karad completely when on NH4, you will not have to deviate much into the city as well.

The point is, if you are fining Sai International on higher side, then Karad will be an option for you.

Check this out - Hotel Annapurna. The tariffs are closer to what you are looking for. Secondly, this has been my regular stop for Lunch/Dinner many times due to their excellent Vegetarian only options. Located right on the highway (Soon after you cross entrance of Karad Flyover - No flyover for North Bound Traffic here but there will be one on your right for South bound tarffic). This hotel will fall on your right hand side when heading north.

I have never stayed here but since I know their cleanliness and service in terms of food and courteous staff, I am hopeful their logging wont be that bad at all.

Here is the location for your reference - Annapurna, Karad
Quote:
Hotel Mahendra in Karad may be an option as well, slightly higher than your 1500 budget though (AC Deluxe room listed at Rs.1800). And it is very close to the Annapurna that Parag has mentioned in above post. I saw this on my way back last week and it looked good from outside - details here
Many thanks to both of you...This make more sense as next day I am directly going to Wai - Dhom Dam. I could sleep little more..!!!

Any idea about the road to Wai - Dhom Dam - Sydney point..?

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 29th September 2016, 11:48   #1990
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After Satara, at Panchwad, you will be on the service road as flyover work is in progress. At one point, the NH4 curves to right and a road straight goes into Panchwad town and Wai (there is Wai and Pune signage for this).

Road from Panchwad to Wai is fine. Inside Wai town, there are hawkers, unfinished road widening work, etc so just drive slowly.
The road just behind the Dholya Ganapathi & Kashi Vishweshwar temple leads to Dhom Dam and is in good condition.

Roads between Wai and Panchgani are also fine, most potholes appear after Panchgani towards Mahabaleshwar. Old Mahabaleshwar also has rough potholed roads.

Road to Sydney point is fine, don't miss it. Also visit Harrisons Folly, it is at the beginning of Panchgani on your right when you drive from Wai, a little muddy path but well worth it, nothing to worry for your car.

See my update that I posted yesterday for more details - here

Quote:
I don't think that one is going to be any tricky as I had PM'd you before. Maps will easily direct one to exit NH4 here for Wai. NH4 to Wai from here (Panchwad) is good. The route in question is Wai to Dhoom dam which is an internal road and since you drove here recently, can you share the road conditions from Wai to Dhoom Dam?
Yes, that turn off is easy to spot.
Also Wai-Dhom dam road is in good condition as updated above.

Last edited by NPV : 29th September 2016 at 11:58.
Old 29th September 2016, 11:49   #1991
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I prefer to give feedback based on latest road conditions but as long as this one helps. The road from Wai all the way till Dhoom dam was in very good condition exactly last year. We had been to Dhoom Dam (A resort opposite to this dam) and I am sharing my experience.

Recent rains may have battered this area so expect patchy roads too. Nevertheless, the road itself is beautiful as it passes some of the most picturesque locations of Western MH with almost Zero traffic till your destination.

Quote:
Near Satara, at Panchwad, you will be on the service road as work is in progress on flyovers. At one point, the NH4 curves to right and a road straight goes into Panchwad town and Wai (there is signage for this).
I don't think that one is going to be any tricky as I had PM'd you before. Maps will easily direct one to exit NH4 here for Wai. NH4 to Wai from here (Panchwad) is good. The route in question is Wai to Dhoom dam which is an internal road and since you drove here recently, can you share the road conditions from Wai to Dhoom Dam?

Last edited by paragsachania : 29th September 2016 at 11:52.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 21:33   #1992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[list=1][*]Cafe Coffee Day - Before Davanagere Bypass, Bangalore-Pune corridor, 265 kms from Bangalore - Location
The CCD outlet is now OPEN. I passed by last evening.

Here's the link to the listing on Google Maps -
https://goo.gl/maps/Pcf1iD4WdT52

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-img_20161001_16201401.jpeg
Klub Class is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 22:10   #1993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
The CCD outlet is now OPEN. I passed by last evening.
Thanks for sharing the Pic KC. I am sure this was open last month itself. The reason I mention is because the set-up was almost complete including the road signage (soon after Guilalu toll) for this CCD when I last drove.

Upon having a look closely, we noticed that everything was in place except may be the interior furniture limited to the seating.

And yes, as you checked, this one is most likely going to be 24 hours mainly because the IOCL attached to this one is also operational 24 hours.

So over the last 18 months, we have seen at least 3 new CCDs - This one, One at Sira and one more near Ranebennur open up to make all CCD lovers happy :-)
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 22:12   #1994
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks NPV, currently I have checked in to Hotel Mahendra... good rooms... it's pure Veg, and food is also good
RajeshK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 22:14   #1995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks NPV, currently I have checked in to Hotel Mahendra... good rooms... it's pure Veg, and food is also good
So at times it is good to push by another 30 minutes and 35-40 more kilometers and you get better options as we have seen that sticking to exactly what we want and where we want to stay may not always work in our favor and these options come to your rescue quite brilliantly! Glad to learn that Mahendra is good. One more option for those wanting to stop by.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks