Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2023, 15:21   #3541
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Any pins /locations summary of good eateries enroute Pune to Bangalore? I would stick to mainly 3 stops or at worst one last one before Bangalore. A pre information will avoid me looking around (aka slowing down) for good places. I realise we waste a lot time doing this if we don’t know these beforehand.
Old 31st October 2023, 15:43   #3542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
Any pins /locations summary of good eateries enroute Pune to Bangalore? I would stick to mainly 3 stops or at worst one last one before Bangalore. A pre information will avoid me looking around (aka slowing down) for good places. I realise we waste a lot time doing this if we don’t know these beforehand.
If you are stopping at Hubbali on your way from Pune to Bangalore, this is a good place.

This is beside highway, have a big parking, and Food was very good too.

It is vegetarian, North Indian.

Restuarant name : Sugar N Spice.
I had been here two times for lunch, while driving in this route

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ocLDiqKpsoDfZAcx6
antonylejos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 16:21   #3543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check out the first page of this thread where BHPian Parag has mentioned the eateries and the fuel stops between Bangalore and Mumbai both sides. Pick up the ones which suit your halt times or you can plan your halt according to the eating options.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 16:23   #3544
BHPian

Thanks, That’s useful . Any known places around breakfast time and another one closer to evening. I guess 3 Pitstops would be the bare minimum for some rest to the Driver and the car.
Old 1st November 2023, 17:31   #3545
BHPian

Quote:
I plan to take Pune - Bangalore by Car (Duster) early Nov.
I too am planning such a drive. I'm starting on Saturday (4th) but will take a detour to Sangli and will resume on the next day.
Have you finalized the route that you would be taking?

Quote:
Thanks, That’s useful . Any known places around breakfast time and another one closer to evening. I guess 3 Pitstops would be the bare minimum for some rest to the Driver and the car.
I usually stop for breakfast at Banana leaf - around 2 hours from Pune (https://maps.app.goo.gl/cYrvJKMV2zAdWH999)

Google recommends that I rejoin NH48 at Hebbal (just after Sankeshwar) - Do any of you suggest any alternate route?
Name:  asdf.png
Views: 418
Size:  305.0 KB
jomson13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 20:15   #3546
BHPian

Yes, I have decided I would take the Pune-Satara- Belgaum route
sunny13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 12:22   #3547
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

On November 6, I'm planning a solo ride on my Dominar to Mumbai, and on November 10, I'll return to Bangalore.
In my first solo ride to Udupi and back to Bangalore, I have covered almost 900+ km. This time over 2,000 kilometers. With a group of companions, I had previously completed the Bangalore to Tanot, Runn of Kutch, and return route.

I've decided to go this way after reading this post and other recommendations from other people who have recently visited Pune and Mumbai.

Katriguppe - 0km - 4 am
Davanagere - 264km - 8 am (Breakfast)
Hubbali - 150km - 10:15 am (Refreshment)
Belagavi - 100km - 11:30 am (10mins Break)
Karad - 180km - 2.30 pm (Lunch)
Pune - 160km - 6 pm (Tea Break)
Goregaon -170km - 10 pm (Halt)

Advices and Suggestions are welcome. I will post the detailed Journey story with pics in a dedicated thread.

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-screenshot_20231105105359__01.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 7th November 2023 at 07:42. Reason: Missed to insert map and name of the vehicle; converted image to inline
Karthik1100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 18:33   #3548
BHPian

I completed Pune Bengaluru and back last week. A new Big Misra restaurant has opened up on Dharwad Hubli bypass road, its on left midway while going towards Hubli. Nearly 30% work completed on bypass road, in next 6 months few stretches might be opened for traffic. Also noticed new flyover being constructed at Tumkur bypass signal, this was really needed. Karad to Belgaum section has lot of diversions but service roads are good so didn't faced any congestion issues.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 16:52   #3549
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

How is the NH 648 from Dodballapura to Dabaspete ?
Would this be a good option for someone driving to Pune starting from near Devanahalli? If it helps, planning a weekday 3pm start.
Old 16th November 2023, 09:42   #3550
Senior - BHPian

I did Bangalore to Mumbai with an overnight halt at Karad. Day 1 was an effortless 680 kms in 11 hours door to door including breaks (a phenomenal 19 kmpl trip average @ 72 kmph in my Octavia 2.0 TSI).

05:00 start from Yelahanka
07:15 Shell, Sira : coffee break
09:30 Kamat Upachar, Chattra : breakfast
12:30 Sankam Residency, Belagavi : lunch
16:15 The Fern, Karad

Progress drastically slowed down from Belgaum till Kognoli border due to roadworks. Within MH side from Kolhapur, the NH48 was bustling like an arterial city road with everything from mopeds to tractors besides heavy vehicles

Day 2 I guess I got lucky with thin traffic on a holiday (Bhai Dooj) with a 21kmpl average at 70 kmph (again within legal highway limits). Glad to see the Satara Pune section in the completed state, as my experience from years ago has been one of diversions and dust.

06:00 start from Karad
08:30 Shell Tathawade Pune : breakfast halt
11:00 Chembur, Mumbai

I am considering an alternative route back to Bangalore, a bit of the coastal route if possible

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 16th November 2023 at 09:48.
GeeTee TSI is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 10:37   #3551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
I am considering an alternative route back to Bangalore, a bit of the coastal route if possible
Thanks for the update!

I am planning a Bangalore - Mumbai - RJ roadtrip this December and one of the TBHPians from Bangalore informed me about the pathetic road condition from Belgaum - Satara section.

He recommended the Bangalore - Bijapur - Solapur - Pune - Mumbai route inside.

There is another possibility of diverting from Satara to Sangli to Hattargi (Mumbai to Bglore direction). But I'm not sure of the road conditions on this stretch as well.

Would be great if you can update which alternative route you took and the details for the benefit of others.
Old 16th November 2023, 10:45   #3552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Thanks for the update!

I am planning a Bangalore - Mumbai - RJ roadtrip this December and one of the TBHPians from Bangalore informed me about the pathetic road condition from Belgaum - Satara section.

He recommended the Bangalore - Bijapur - Solapur - Pune - Mumbai route inside.

There is another possibility of diverting from Satara to Sangli to Hattargi (Mumbai to Bglore direction). But I'm not sure of the road conditions on this stretch as well.

Would be great if you can update which alternative route you took and the details for the benefit of others.
In my view, the under construction stretch is an irritation rather than a major concern, as it is for a limited distance considering the overall excellent surface all the way from Tumkur. Satara to Pune more than does its bit to erase some earlier memories

Personally I wouldn't consider an alternative due to roadworks as the primary reason
GeeTee TSI is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 10:58   #3553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
In my view, the under construction stretch is an irritation rather than a major concern, as it is for a limited distance considering the overall excellent surface all the way from Tumkur. Satara to Pune more than does its bit to erase some earlier memories
My worry is because I want to do Bangalore to Mumbai drive in a single day as Mumbai is a pit stop for the longer 2 weeks RJ road trip. And we want to touch Mumbai as a pit stop to visit our family there, knocking out other direct routes to RJ through central India. Similarly, on the way back as well, Mumbai is a pit stop due to family and we had factored a single day drive back to Bangalore from Mumbai.

Given the road condition, albeit for <20% of the distance, this might exhaust us and pose as a risk. So in a bit of pickle

Even Google is suggesting the Solapur route which wasn't the case last year when we did Bglore to Mumbai.
Old 17th November 2023, 11:17   #3554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
How is the NH 648 from Dodballapura to Dabaspete ?
Would this be a good option for someone driving to Pune starting from near Devanahalli? If it helps, planning a weekday 3pm start.
Did you try this route ? Staying in Whitefield I had thought of using the STRR and NH 648 to join the Pune Highway. However, i dropped the plans as didnt have any information of the road conditions. If you have used it, please do update us.
Old 17th November 2023, 12:28   #3555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
My worry is because I want to do Bangalore to Mumbai drive in a single day as Mumbai is a pit stop for the longer 2 weeks RJ road trip. And we want to touch Mumbai as a pit stop to visit our family there, knocking out other direct routes to RJ through central India. Similarly, on the way back as well, Mumbai is a pit stop due to family and we had factored a single day drive back to Bangalore from Mumbai.

Given the road condition, albeit for <20% of the distance, this might exhaust us and pose as a risk. So in a bit of pickle

Even Google is suggesting the Solapur route which wasn't the case last year when we did Bglore to Mumbai.
Bangalore Mumbai is doable in one day if starting early from Bangalore say around 4 pm and keeping steady speeds. Plus the halts should also be of min duration. You should be able to reach Mumbai by 8 pm hopefully.

Solapur route is also good but not preferable to be used to reach Mumbai since you would lose a lot of time cutting though the Pune city unless you know a way to bypass the Pune city to connect to Mumbai E way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks