Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2023, 13:27   #3496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Pls share the google link of the BP COCO if available.
Yes, close to 4 hours is what it takes. But do note that I didn't have any stops in between and was maintaining ~ 120 KMPH.

BPCOCO what I mentioned about is this.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 13:48   #3497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
BPCOCO what I mentioned about is this.
The link takes me to New Shetty Lunch home at Hiriyur and not to the BPCL COCO fuel station.
Old 13th September 2023, 14:06   #3498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The link takes me to New Shetty Lunch home at Hiriyur and not to the BPCL COCO fuel station.
Sorry, my mistake. I guess I shared wrong Google link.

Please check this
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 20:29   #3499
BHPian

Did a same day return trip from Mumbai to Satara. Started at 8:00 AM from Borivali on Saturday , took the WEH-SCLR-GMLR-Vashi route to exit the city and we were at our destination near Wai exit in exactly 5 hours. The roads are good all along. On the return journey the police were controlling the traffic at Lonavala ghats and had to wait for a brief 15 minutes for the traffic to resume. On entering the city we took Vashi-GMLR-EEH-BKC Connector-WEH route to Borivali and still managed to reach home in 5.45 hours.

Good roads all along and the MPEW is still a dream to drive on after 20 years of its opening. The Lonavala bye pass tunnel project is going to be a big game changer for Pune travel. Hoping it opens by next year. fingers crossed.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 11:38   #3500
Senior - BHPian

Completed the Bangalore Pune trip yday in 12 hrs, started from BLR at 4.30 am and reached home in Pune at 4.30 pm covering 856 kms with 11 hrs driving time and 1 hrs breaks. Had breakfast at Apoorva resorts Davengere, fuel done at BPCL COCO Belgavi and Lunch halt at Karad. It took 6.5 hrs to cover 550 kms till Belgaum with a few diversions in the BLR-Belgavi stretch. For a change the roads after Tumkur were Ok with lot of patch work and no potholes or broken roads. The surprise of the trip was I could cover the 27 kms single lane road between Hubli and Dharwad in 30 mins flat.

From Hattargi till Karad its a royal mess with lots of diversions due to ongoing road work happening at a snail's pace I guess. I could count till 22 diversions but there were many more. After Satara I got the 6 laned roads but till Shirwal only where I could cover up. Couldn't go more than 80 kmph at most of the Hattargi - Karad patch. In addition the honk proof 2 wheeler traffic from Kolhapur till Karad makes the driving even more difficult. Spent a good 20 mins in waiting at Khed Shivpur toll, the most mis managed toll if I were to say. The distance of 300 kms from Hattargi till Pune was covered in 5.5 hrs.

It was fun to drive in KA as usual but a frustration to drive in MH. For most part of the KA leg I used the cruise control with max 60 kms in one time. Using CC in MH was only a dream.

Got an fuel average of 16.5 kms with avg speed of 80 kmph in my Harrier.
ghodlur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 20:16   #3501

Hello Fellow BHPians, I will be driving from from Pune (Viman Nagar) to Bangalore(Electronic City) on 18th September. Ride is Seltos HTX IVT. I have never undertaken this long a journey. Longest I have driven in a single day is from Pune to Indore, and I had done it quite comfortably in 12hrs. I have a couple of queries for which I seek help
a) Can I undertake this journey in 1 day or shall I plan a halt in between. Which cities can be ideal halt ?
b) Gmaps also suggest route via Solapur. Is this route worth trying or shall I stick to Kolhapur route (which has road construction and diversions)
Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 20:48   #3502
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswabhab View Post
a) Can I undertake this journey in 1 day or shall I plan a halt in between. Which cities can be ideal halt ?
Depending on when you start and enroute halts, it'll take you anywhere between 14 - 16 hours. Considering the festive season, and Tues 19-Sept being a holiday, there's a chance you might encounter more traffic than usual.

You can consider breaking the journey at Belgaum (typically six hours from Pune) or Hubli / Dharwad to mark half your drive.

Quote:
b) Gmaps also suggest route via Solapur. Is this route worth trying or shall I stick to Kolhapur route (which has road construction and diversions)
Thanks
Stick to Kolhapur - Dharwad / Hubli bypass - Davangere - Tumkur - Bangalore
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 11:25   #3503
BHPian

Travelled from Belgaum to Pune and the amount of diversions there are will bore you out. The rumbling strips after the Katraj Tunnel is a torture track for every vehicle possible, whoever decided to sanction it is an utter moron who is hellbent on destroying the suspension of every vehicle passing through there. Going at a snail's pace also does not help.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 14:22   #3504
GTE
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
Travelled from Belgaum to Pune and the amount of diversions there are will bore you out. The rumbling strips after the Katraj Tunnel is a torture track for every vehicle possible, whoever decided to sanction it is an utter moron who is hellbent on destroying the suspension of every vehicle passing through there. Going at a snail's pace also does not help.
Exactly! Unfortunately they seem to have the severely intellectually challenged taking decisions as to what the aam aadmi has to go through. Excellent roads are of no use if one has to suffer these stupid things.
Old 19th September 2023, 15:40   #3505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
The rumbling strips after the Katraj Tunnel is a torture track for every vehicle possible, whoever decided to sanction it is an utter moron who is hellbent on destroying the suspension of every vehicle passing through there. Going at a snail's pace also does not help.
These rumbler strips weren't there earlier and have been installed recently as a knee jerk reaction to the accidents happening in that stretch. Yes they are annoying for sure and disturb the car mechanicals.

Katraj tunnel for one didnt have sufficient lighting making it difficult to traverse through with all cars on high beams by default.
Old 19th September 2023, 16:21   #3506
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Fellow BHPians..
Thanks
Did this couple of times. You can very easily reach Chitradurga by the evening by a 7-sh start from Pune. Take a breakfast break in Kolhapur, lunch after Hubbali at Kamath (good north kannada thali).

Then, my routine is to take a break at Hotel Mayura Dugra (KSTDC hotel).

In the morning, take a hike on the Chitradurga fort. It's like going to the 'tekdi' in the mornings. Fort by the way. is awesome. Come back, have the breakfast and resume your journey.

Should take you around 3.5-4 hours to get to the Bangalore. You reach by the lunch time and have relatively easy traffic after a very long drive. Make sure to reach before 3 to avoid school buses.

Last edited by atnyia : 19th September 2023 at 16:24.
Old 21st September 2023, 14:47   #3507
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Fellow BHPians, I will be driving from from Pune (Viman Nagar) to Bangalore(Electronic City) on 18th September. Ride is Seltos HTX IVT. I have never undertaken this long a journey. Longest I have driven in a single day is from Pune to Indore, and I had done it quite comfortably in 12hrs. I have a couple of queries for which I seek help
Thanks
This is well doable in about 14-15 hours but I would suggest to break the journey at Hubli/Dharwad. This will give you sufficient rest and will be very stress free.

I generally do Bangalore Mumbai split into Bangalore-Kolhapur on day 1 and Kolhapur-Mumbai on day 2.

Considering the recent road works around Karad, it is better to go easy.

Regards
Diesel
Old 25th September 2023, 11:55   #3508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Fellow BHPians, I will be driving from from Pune (Viman Nagar) to Bangalore(Electronic City) on 18th September.
Hi,

Did you complete this trip? I presume you took the route via Kolhapur? How was the experience and your halt points? Also if you can please advise by when you had started your trip and when you reached the final destination?
Old 25th September 2023, 15:11   #3509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Hi,

Did you complete this trip? I presume you took the route via Kolhapur? How was the experience and your halt points? Also if you can please advise by when you had started your trip and when you reached the final destination?
Hi BHPians, Thank you so much for the guidance for this trip. As advised I took the Kolhapur-Hubli route even if Gmaps suggested otherwise. Started from Pune Viman Nagar at 06:30am and reached Electronic city by 09:05pm

Start : 06:32am from Viman Nagar, encountered minor traffic while making way towards the NH. Would have preferred an earlier start.
Halt 1: Breakfast : Mcdonalds just outside Pune at 07:35am. Had a lazy start.
Halt 2: Early Lunch @ Kolhapur at 11:45am. Standard Kolhapuri Chicken Thali
Halt 3: Bharat Petroleum COCO refueling stop. Just before Nipani at around 01:00pm
Halt 4: Snack break around 6pm @New Shetty Lunch Home after Hiriyur. Covered about 410kms in 5hrs. This was the fastest stretch. Had about 170kms to cover after this.
End : Electronic City Phase 1 09:05pm

Road quality is evidently better after crossing border from Maharashtra to Karnataka, and after crossing Nipani is when one can gain speed momentum. An exception would be, the two lane bypass near Dharwad and Hubli, which is irritatingly slow and will test patience, requiring careful overtakes against oncoming traffic.

Distance covered : 868kms
Time taken: 14.5hrs
Driving time: 12 hrs
MID Mileage: 14.8kmpl ( Dropped from 16.2kmpl after that spirited non-stop 400kms run )

Overall it was a pleasant trip . Seltos IVT 2020 performed well with good levels comfort and highway stability ( except for rubber band effect during overtakes,which was expected )
mswabhab is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 12:58   #3510

Hi folks! Planning to drive down Bangalore-Mumbai sometime later in October. Wanted to check what's the total toll amount from Bangalore to Mumbai? I'll be taking the NICE road from Bannerghatta Road to Madavara.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks