Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2023, 13:49   #3556
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

I did Pune-Bengaluru on Friday and returned back on Wednesday, both times used NH4 for journeys that took ~13 hours (with an hour of breaks). On the KA side, 60% was super smooth affair (3 lanes with a lot of designated empty spaces on both sides), 30% (After Hubali to Belgaun) is getting relaid for widening, and the 10% damper is 2 lanes at Hubali and the Tumkur to Bengaluru. After Tumkur until Belgaum, there is sparse traffic, dominated by truckers.

The NH4 MH side is also going widening between Karhad to Kagal, however, the quality of diversions, and marking for work is poor. My bigger grouse is the amount of cars, bikes, and sugarcane tractors increased on roads in MH till Pune and bullying otherwise patient truckers. The evening driving is a royal pain owing to the neon and LED lighting on roadside eateries and it literally eats into the road space (adverts, parking, and distractions). It is almost a common theme from Satara until the new Katraj tunnel (100 Km) and is painful for the eyes. The toll centers are under strain too. Overall is a disaster in waiting, hope the NHAI acts

The more I travel, the more I see the MH side situation worsening for highways passing through.
sanstorm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 21:22   #3557
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhotagujju View Post
Did you try this route ? Staying in Whitefield I had thought of using the STRR and NH 648 to join the Pune Highway. However, i dropped the plans as didnt have any information of the road conditions. If you have used it, please do update us.
My friend took this route last week for his drive to Navi Mumbai and he was very happy, he mentioned he saved at least 1.5 hours compared to the regular route via the city and Yeshwantpur.

Last edited by NPV : 17th November 2023 at 21:23.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 22:11   #3558

Hey Guys,

I am looking for a decent stay option on Pune highway or on Pune-Mumbai highway.
I will be travelling to Gujarat with family. This will be my first long trip with my IGNIS ZETA AMT.

My plan is to start early (3.00 AM) from Banglore and reach Pune by night and take rest.

I have gone through the Banglore-Gujarat thread but its not active. It would be great if any frequent traveller on this route could guide me on this! Thank you.
Old 26th November 2023, 14:23   #3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox88 View Post
Hey Guys,

I am looking for a decent stay option on Pune highway or on Pune-Mumbai highway.
I will be travelling to Gujarat with family. This will be my first long trip with my IGNIS ZETA AMT.
Hi,

If you are going to start very early at 3 Am then you will hit Pune in the evening or even afternoon depending on driving style & number of breaks taken.

I have been driving from Bangalore to Porbander/Rajkot since many years with family. I prefer to stay in Ginger Wakad Pune which is on Bangalore Mumbai bypass. You can search for any good hotel in and around Hinjewadi and it will make it easier for you to get on Mumbai-Pune expressway next day.

Please keep an eye on this thread for latest route updates & and for good food options you can go through posts from Parag (paragsachania) and other fellow BHPians.

I am sure you are going to enjoy your long trip.

~ Sandip
Rev2Run is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 15:17   #3560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My plan is to start early (3.00 AM) from Banglore and reach Pune by night and take rest.
Are you the only driver in the family? If not then I would suggest to not halt in Pune but reach Thane by say 8 pm and take halt preferably on Ghodbunder road. Try to move out of Thane in the early morning to hit the NH8 as early as possible to avoid the traffic at Fountain and few other stretches on the highway.

You have not mentioned where in GJ are you planning to drive, the above suggestion was with assumption of Ahmedabad and beyond. If nearer then makes sense to halt in Pune but you will be stuck on the Ghodbunder traffic if reaching in the morning.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 15:39   #3561
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I have been doing Bangalore-Ahmedabad trips and recently did Gujarat trip with my family during Dushera break. My first stop is usually at my in-laws place near Bardoli. So to break the journey evenly I take my night halt at Satara or Pune. Fern residency at Satara is a good option and for hotels in Pune you can find several options around wakad or Hinjewadi as per your choice. I am not an early riser and also with kids it is usually difficult to get them ready early so my usual start time is around 6 am. With that start time I can comfortably make it to Pune around 8 pm just for dinner. This includes 30 mins for breakfast and 45 mins for lunch (exploring food is important part of my itinerary to enjoy the journey). The next day from Pune it takes about 8-9 hours to reach my in-laws place so I start leisurely after breakfast at 9 am to reach my destination by 5 pm. Note that if your destination is Ahmedabad or beyond then it would be good to start early from Pune on day 2 or plan to reach Navi-mumbai/Thane on day 1 itself.
automachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 10:48   #3562
BHPian

Hi, I am planning a Bengaluru <> Pune solo drive. My plan is to start from BLR at 6am and take pit-stop in either Kolhapur or Satara depending on the distance I can cover without any fatigue. Next day morning continue the journey to Pune.
On the way back to BLR again stay overnight either in Satara/Kolhapur, next day early morning start back to BLR.
Please advise of a decent/clean hotel on the Highway, in Kolhapur and Satara. I will check out the Ferns Residency, Satara (Please advise if I need to book in advance or walk-in) ?

Thank you!
Santosh
Santosh.Kat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 10:52   #3563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
I have been doing Bangalore-Ahmedabad trips and recently did Gujarat trip with my family during Dushera break. My first stop is usually at my in-laws place near Bardoli. So to break the journey evenly I take my night halt at Satara or Pune. Fern residency at Satara is a good option and for hotels in Pune you can find several options around wakad or Hinjewadi as per your choice. I am not an early riser and also with kids it is usually difficult to get them ready early so my usual start time is around 6 am. With that start time I can comfortably make it to Pune around 8 pm just for dinner. This includes 30 mins for breakfast and 45 mins for lunch (exploring food is important part of my itinerary to enjoy the journey). The next day from Pune it takes about 8-9 hours to reach my in-laws place so I start leisurely after breakfast at 9 am to reach my destination by 5 pm. Note that if your destination is Ahmedabad or beyond then it would be good to start early from Pune on day 2 or plan to reach Navi-mumbai/Thane on day 1 itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
My friend took this route last week for his drive to Navi Mumbai and he was very happy, he mentioned he saved at least 1.5 hours compared to the regular route via the city and Yeshwantpur.
Could you please share the route-map or briefly the route-steps? I am planning to drive to Pune from Bengaluru - Sarjapura Road. Planning to start at 6am.

Thank You!
Old 30th November 2023, 09:00   #3564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh.Kat View Post
Could you please share the route-map or briefly the route-steps? I am planning to drive to Pune from Bengaluru - Sarjapura Road. Planning to start at 6am.

Thank You!
Just follow the google maps on the NH48 route covering Sarjapur->Tumkur->Sira->Chitradurga->Davangere->Haveri-->Hubbali-->Belagavi-->Kolhapur -->Satara -->Pune.
For early Breakfast stop you can checkout below stops.
Namaste Bengaluru (After Nelamangala toll): https://maps.app.goo.gl/2he393CDLmh2MDFN6
Paakshala (near Sira): https://maps.app.goo.gl/C2NMkW5XYSfi5PEGA
Sarvodaya (Before Chitradurga bypass, its on opposite side if going towards Pune.): https://maps.app.goo.gl/BmGaia8GMCZX5ok46

For Lunch you can checkout:
Ganesh Hotel: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Qrrmv6vP1r1rTBJg8

At Kolhapur
try Dehaati (if interested in Kolhapuri meals):
https://maps.app.goo.gl/kyhF1AAqLC94gR148
Accommodation options in Kolhapur:
Sayaji: https://maps.app.goo.gl/qnmNjjkySMwvaqAH7
Veeksar Fern: https://maps.app.goo.gl/qj9iKazpaieDkLnd6
Many other hotel accommodation options in Kolhapur so nothing to worry much for short stay.
automachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 09:35   #3565
BHPian

Has anyone attempted Bangalore-Mumbai in 1 day without a night halt recently ?
If so, could you please share your experience/details. Travel time, starting/reaching and road/traffic condition. Thanks !
Old 30th November 2023, 10:09   #3566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
If so, could you please share your experience/details. Travel time, starting/reaching and road/traffic condition. Thanks !
Many on the forum have travelled Bangalore Pune Mumbai in 1 day. If you start early from Bangalore around 4.30 am you should be able to reach Pune around 4 pm and Mumbai around 8 pm. There is road work going on between Hattargi and Karad which could slow down the speeds, there is a single laned road between Hubli and Dharwad which could take some time, crossing Pune would be a bit time consuming, add to that the 2 wheeler traffic between Kolhapur and Karad could increase the travel time. If you are not used to drive longer distances and you are the only driver it will make sense to take a halt at appropriate distance in order not to tire yourselves.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 10:15   #3567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game_of_Roads View Post
I took this route two weeks back. Started at 4:15 AM from bangalore and reached Navi Mumbai by 5:30 PM, Thane by 6:45 PM.

Stopped for breakfast, refueling and lunch.

Its fast till Belgaum after that too many diversions and traffic.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 10:33   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If you are not used to drive longer distances and you are the only driver it will make sense to take a halt at appropriate distance in order not to tire yourselves.
Thank you ! I'm very used to long drives by car and bike. Have done Bangalore - Mumbai twice, and Bangalore - Kolkata as well, but had taken night halts since my daughter was a very young. This time I'm trying to do it in 1 day due to other reasons, hence wanted suggestions from folks here.

I'm only going till Navi Mumbai (Ulwe), so I'm getting the sense that starting from Bangalore by 4-4:30am should be good enough to reach Ulwe before 10pm with sufficient breaks.

Last edited by Game_of_Roads : 30th November 2023 at 10:42.
Old 30th November 2023, 11:03   #3569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I took this route two weeks back. Started at 4:15 AM from bangalore and reached Navi Mumbai by 5:30 PM, Thane by 6:45 PM.

Stopped for breakfast, refueling and lunch.

Its fast till Belgaum after that too many diversions and traffic.
Holy cow Arun I think you simply flew instead of riding. The timings you achieved are just dream figures. Looks like the roads were made empty to accommodate the flying Compass.
Old 30th November 2023, 11:11   #3570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Holy cow Arun I think you simply flew instead of riding. The timings you achieved are just dream figures. Looks like the roads were made empty to accommodate the flying Compass.
You really don't need to fly! Even by maintaining steady 110-120 kph, you can very well cover this with the same timings. Ideally, 4am start is what works wonders here since you get to cover maximum distance till Belgaum in mere 7 hours with breaks. It gets extremely boring and monotonous to drive even at 80-90 till Hubli anyway.

After Belgaum, no matter how "fast" you drive, you will still be clocking the same average speeds as rest of the cars due to the volume of traffic and the progress.

With the current road conditions (Belgaum Satara), it only adds anywhere between 45-90 minutes to your overall commute time till Pune.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks