Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2023, 10:42   #3526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
I will have to cut across Pune city in the night.
This fact is there. If its late night it is OK. During the day it is a pain.

Quote:
Secondly this route is 2 hours longer
I've been driving Madras-Solapur in roughly 16 hours including a breakfast and lunch stop. I usually start between 2 and 4 am and hammer N5/Ongole in 5 hours and reach Solapur-Osmanabad around 7ish evening
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 21:44   #3527
BHPian

Hello All,

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Pune this weekend. Couple of questions if anyone can help me out with.

1. Has anyone tried the STRR from Hoskote to Dobbaspete via Devanahalli and Doddaballapur. Is this road usable ? How is it ?
2. Are there any HP COCO outlets just before crossing into Maharashtra. I tried to search on google but could find only IOCL and BPCL.

For me Google maps shows a completely different map.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-screenshot-20231009-214045.jpg  

Old 13th October 2023, 12:18   #3528
BHPian

I plan to take Pune - Bangalore by Car (Duster) early Nov. I have been reading that a lot of hiccups on the Satara - Bangalore stretch, google map directions issues and large number of diversions. Any recent updates on the road situation? I had aimed to do in a day.
Is it still doable ? And as a fallback, any recommended overnight stays?
Old 15th October 2023, 11:27   #3529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
I plan to take Pune - Bangalore by Car (Duster) early Nov. I have been reading that a lot of hiccups on the Satara - Bangalore stretch, google map directions issues and large number of diversions. Any recent updates on the road situation? I had aimed to do in a day.
Is it still doable ? And as a fallback, any recommended overnight stays?
There are diversions post Satara till Hattargi in KA. After this stretch the roads are beautiful and you can easily do good speeds. The trip is doable in a day easily but will depend on your temperament. If you start early say around 4.30 pm then you should make reach your destination probably around 6 pm if the speeds are steady.

Share your starting point and destination, people will share more inputs and you can take a call accordingly.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 14:19   #3530
BHPian

Thanks for the info; my starting point is Wakad in Pune and end point is Bellandur, Bangalore.,
sunny13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 19:41   #3531
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this video on you tube for the road works being developed between the Dharwad Hubli 27 kms stretch. The present 2 landed road is soon going to get an alternate lane which is being developed quite fast although I couldn't see this development personally when I drove in that stretch in the first week of Oct 2023. If the second road becomes functional then its a good news for the frequent travellers.

Old 15th October 2023, 19:46   #3532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Just came across this video on you tube for the road works being developed between the Dharwad Hubli 27 kms stretch.
Hi Sir,

Any idea about the diversions and blockages while driving towards Pune from Bangalore ?

I will be driving to Pune from Chennai via Bangalore the coming Saturday and hence wanted to know the expected delays so that I can start accordingly.

I am planning to start at 4:30AM from Chennai and reach Pune by 11PM. Should be faster I guess.

I remember seeing a little roadwork the last time I went to Mumbai in May this year. The main point of traffic jam was the bridge work going on in Karad.

Last edited by Shanksta : 15th October 2023 at 19:49.
Old 15th October 2023, 20:06   #3533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sir,

Any idea about the diversions and blockages while driving towards Pune from Bangalore ?
There are diversions and aplenty after Belgaum all the way till Satara. This coupled with increased density in traffic once you enter Maharashtra increases the travel time.
  • With 4:30am start, you will be entering NICE road around 10am
  • You will reach Belgaum between 5 and 6pm
  • Kolhapur Karad Satara will be done between 8 to 10pm
  • Satara Pune between 10pm and 12 am
The good thing I see here (my personal preference as always) is that you will pass the diversions infested sections of Maharashtra post 8pm when local traffic will significantly reduce. This really helps as you will be driving mostly along with highway traffic headed towards Pune and Mumbai sans 2 wheelers and tractors and autorickshaws.

You will only need to be wary about approaching the diversions with caution given the lower than normal visibility conditions attributed to lack of day light.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 01:14   #3534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
There are diversions and aplenty after Belgaum all the way till Satara. This coupled with increased density in traffic once you enter Maharashtra increases the travel time.

The good thing I see here (my personal preference as always) is that you will pass the diversions infested sections of Maharashtra post 8pm when local traffic will significantly reduce. This really helps as you will be driving mostly along with highway traffic headed towards Pune and Mumbai sans 2 wheelers and tractors and autorickshaws.
Thank you for the feedback. I will try to leave as early as possible. But yes as you have listed out, the plan is enter MH by sunset and then drive non stop to Pune.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 08:19   #3535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the feedback. I will try to leave as early as possible. But yes as you have listed out, the plan is enter MH by sunset and then drive non stop to Pune.
May I suggest to take a halt at Hubli or Belgavi to avoid straining/stressing yourself? The diversions are aplenty and will do irritate you, plus you would be taking the diversions in fading lights. Since you would have already driven for more than 12 hrs, suggest to give the body some rest. If you think you can still take it, do it with all precautions.
Old 16th October 2023, 11:04   #3536
BHPian

Quote:
May I suggest to take a halt at Hubli or Belgavi to avoid straining/stressing yourself? The diversions are aplenty and will do irritate you, plus you would be taking the diversions in fading lights. Since you would have already driven for more than 12 hrs, suggest to give the body some rest. If you think you can still take it, do it with all precautions.
Hi Sir,

Indeed will halt at Karad if I feel too tired. I will provide a route update once I reach Pune.
Old 16th October 2023, 12:37   #3537
BHPian

I did Bangalore to Pune on Saturday - 14th Oct'23. Started from Whitefield at 5.30 AM and was able to reach Kothrud in Pune by 8 PM. No traffic while entering Pune thanks to Ind Vs. Pak World cup cricket match.

Road conditions from Bangalore till Tumkur are ok with lot of patch work done to fill potholes. Also this being a 4 lane highway leads to traffic when there are 2 trucks running parallel.

After Tumkur all the way till Hubli, roads are nice with 6 lane and you can do good speeds here. Hubli to Dharwad is usual 2 lane road and there is significant activities going on for expansion of the road. Beyond this till Belagavi is again good 6 lane roads where you can do good speeds.

After Belagavi till Kolhapur, there are many diversions in between due to under construction over passes along the highway.

From Kolhapur to Satara, there is road widening activity going on to convert 4 lane to 6 lane. Also at Karad, there is a very long flyover under construction which leads to some traffic. Average speed will drop down in this stretch and is tiresome.

From Satara till Pune the roads are good again, however there is heavy traffic all along.

For breaks and eateries, there are some options available between Bangalore and Tumkur at short intervals. From Tumkur to Hubli, very few good options. Once you enter Maharashtra, all the way till Pune there are multiple options available for snacks on both sides of the highway.
chhotagujju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 20:45   #3538
BHPian

Quote:
I couldn't see this development personally when I drove in that stretch in the first week of Oct 2023.
It is very much visible. I too drove through this stretch in the first week of Oct.
See short clip from my dash cam. Probably you zipped through.

Quote:

Indeed will halt at Karad if I feel too tired. I will provide a route update once I reach Pune.
Belagavi might be better. I stayed there overnight on Oct 6th on way to Bangalore. See below a short clip of the early morning ride towards Bangalore.

Capri89 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 09:41   #3539
BHPian

I have recently travelled on 16th Oct from Bangalore to Gujarat. I started from my place near Hennur at 6am and reached Wakad, Pune at 8pm. I had taken a 30 mins breakfast break at Kamat Sira and 45 mins lunch break at Niyaz, Belgaum. The Hubli Dharwad section as well as Belgaum-nippani section has road work going on at few places. Same is the case with the Kolhapur to karad road. I had faced traffic jam at Karad. Stayed overnight at Hotel Tip Top International at Wakad, Pune. It is right beside the highway however the stay was just acceptable and nothing to write about. As expected there was huge traffic on the Thane section while crossing Mumbai.
Old 29th October 2023, 09:51   #3540
BHPian

Hello all,

I travelled from Bangalore to Bombay yesterday. Pot hole repairing seems to be almost done upto around Belgaum. Recall just 1-2 places where right most lane was closed with proper markings.

Different story altogether once I crossed into Maharashtra. Most pot holes remain as is. No sign of attempts being made to repair them. Diversions due to lane widening are aplenty, practically after every kilometre or so. Karad was absolutely in chaos.

There was some accident in Pune Expressway's ghat section and massive traffic buildup around Khalapur toll plaza. Lost close to 2 hours.

Covered a distance of 1,007kms (parking lot to parking lot ) in 19 hours. Had departed around 4am, reached around 11pm. Vehicle was a petrol Jazz; delivered a mileage of 18.4kmpl with AC being switched on for 90% of time (I was the sole occupant with remaining car being full of luggage).
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks