Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2023, 14:26   #3571
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
Just follow the google maps on the NH48 route covering Sarjapur->Tumkur->Sira->Chitradurga->Davangere->Haveri-->Hubbali-->Belagavi-->Kolhapur -->Satara -->Pune.
For early Breakfast stop you can checkout below stops.
Namaste Bengaluru (After Nelamangala toll): https://maps.app.goo.gl/2he393CDLmh2MDFN6
Paakshala (near Sira): https://maps.app.goo.gl/C2NMkW5XYSfi5PEGA
Sarvodaya (Before Chitradurga bypass, its on opposite side if going towards Pune.): https://maps.app.goo.gl/BmGaia8GMCZX5ok46

For Lunch you can checkout:
Ganesh Hotel: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Qrrmv6vP1r1rTBJg8

At Kolhapur
try Dehaati (if interested in Kolhapuri meals):
https://maps.app.goo.gl/kyhF1AAqLC94gR148
Accommodation options in Kolhapur:
Sayaji: https://maps.app.goo.gl/qnmNjjkySMwvaqAH7
Veeksar Fern: https://maps.app.goo.gl/qj9iKazpaieDkLnd6
Many other hotel accommodation options in Kolhapur so nothing to worry much for short stay.
Thanks a lot! Needed route map from either Sarjapura/Whitefield to Tumkur road(leading to Pune) VIA STTR or Peripheral Ring road if there's one ! If anyone has used this route and it's suitable for a sedan please share! It will be very useful to avoid Hebbal, Yeshwantpur, Nelamangala route!
Old 30th November 2023, 14:41   #3572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh.Kat View Post
Needed route map from either Sarjapura/Whitefield to Tumkur road(leading to Pune) VIA STTR or Peripheral Ring road if there's one ! If anyone has used this route and it's suitable for a sedan please share! It will be very useful to avoid Hebbal, Yeshwantpur, Nelamangala route!
Depending on the time of the day you drive, you will need to pick between STRR or City route.

If you are starting anytime after 7am, please consider taking the STRR not just with the intent of saving time but also for a peaceful start, especially as it is the beginning of your long trip and you don't want to struggle with your way out of Bangalore through thick school and office traffic.

Regarding the condition of the roads you can very well refer to this thread.

The Devanahalli to Dabapaspete section of STRR via Doddaballapur is in good shape except Doddaballapura that you will have to cross partially through the town (bypass of STRR isn't ready yet) and 2-3 diversions after Doddaballapura towards Dabaspete. Even the Railway Overbridge after Doddaballapura is completed and hence no need to worry about waiting for a train to pass!
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 14:53   #3573
BHPian

Hi, I am planning to drive BLR to PUN during 3rd week of Dec. And from there, proceed to Alibag, Mumbai etc.
I will be starting at ~4am from BLR with night halt in Pune. Could you please suggest good restaurants along this route
Old 4th December 2023, 11:00   #3574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev2Run View Post
Hi,

If you are going to start very early at 3 Am then you will hit Pune in the evening or even afternoon depending on driving style & number of breaks taken.
~ Sandip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

You have not mentioned where in GJ are you planning to drive. If nearer then makes sense to halt in Pune but you will be stuck on the Ghodbunder traffic if reaching in the morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
. Fern residency at Satara is a good option and for hotels in Pune you can find several options around wakad or Hinjewadi as per your choice.
Well, these are much needed advise, will be helpful for my return journey.

From Belgavi to Satara, there are multiple diversions and the traffic was dominated by Sugarcane tractors; probably moving towards sugar mills.

We started at 4.30 AM from Banglore and reached Satara around 6 but it was heavy raining and there was a heavy traffic towards Pune so we decided to stay at Satara. I am a lone driver. I booked a hotel "Shree Viththal Mangalam" in Satara and regretted. The Hotel has good reviews on all online platforms however, we spent the night without electricity as they did not have a power backup. I would definitely look for other options as suggested above.

My first destination was Surat and we faced traffic on Hubli-Dharwad bypass, Karadi and Satara only. I must say Apporva hotel is a gem of Banglore-Pune highway.

Last edited by Knox88 : 4th December 2023 at 11:11.
Old 4th December 2023, 19:34   #3575
BHPian

Did BLR Pune on 30th Nov
Started at 3pm from BLR South and reached Camp, Pune at 4am
took long breaks totaling to about 2 hrs.
Road is good till Belgaum
Belgaum to Kagal is the worst currently in my opinion, long diversions and speed breakers makes it very slow. Took me 90 mins to cover this
kagal - karad has diversions but they were ok comparatively.
karad to pune is fine but dont like the road quality between satara and pune. Just didnt feel confident for triple digit speeds
PM me for any additional info
thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 15:17   #3576

We started at 7.30 AM from Thergaon (Pune) and reached Hulimavu at 11.00 PM.

Stopped for a brunch around 10.15 AM at Hotel 8/A Pure veg, the food served was good;the hotel is serving authentic Marathi food.

Stopped for lunch around 3.15 PM at [Big Mishra Cafe]

Satara to Belgavi road is under expansion.

The road from Hubali to Tumkur is very good. We faced congestion on Tumkur road for around 25 minutes due to road repair work and 15 minutes before the tollgate (Before Tumkur) . Is there any alternative to reach Banglore by skipping the Tumkur road while travelling from Hubli?

I was able to drive with average speed of 80 km/hr from Hubli-Tumkur.
Old 11th December 2023, 16:23   #3577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox88 View Post
Stopped for lunch around 3.15 PM at [Big Mishra Cafe]
Is this Mishra outlet in the Dharwad to Hubli single laned road? Good to know that this is now operational, used to see the tin shed structure when passing by.

Is the 4 laned road operational? BHPians had posted the road work to be almost completed.
Old 11th December 2023, 16:31   #3578

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is this Mishra outlet in the Dharwad to Hubli single laned road? Good to know that this is now operational, used to see the tin shed structure when passing by.

Is the 4 laned road operational? BHPians had posted the road work to be almost completed.
4 lan road is not functional yet. Big Mishra Cafe is actually a fully functional restaurant with Chat center, sweet shop and live counters.
Knox88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 16:53   #3579
Senior - BHPian

Nowadays I am seeing lot of people travelling via Solapur instead of the default Satara-Kolhapur stretch. What I know, the Solapur stretch lacks good pit stops.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 19:50   #3580
Senior - BHPian

We did the Bengaluru <> Mumbai again in the last week of November and return during the first week of December.
Onward journey start was early at 4AM on Wednesday. Traffic eases out post Tumkur and it's nice easy drive all the way till Chitradurga where we stopped for a breakfast. Naivedhyam was the place we stopped during our last trip to GJ in Jun this year and this time also we stopped here. It has rest rooms and decent food.

Although Hubli - Dharwad single carriageway road is under the upgrade/expansion now, it's becoming worse as traffic builds up on this stretch. Need to find out a good time of the day to cross this, if someone can share the experience.

Typically, we think that roads till Kolhapur are great to drive, that is no more a case these days.
There has been numerous, new diversions between Belagavi and Kolhapur now that it's no more the same cruise control route, it'd slow you down. Does that mean the 6lane work is making some progress when we see new diversions! it seems the Nipani ghat road is being upgraded too.

Kolhapur to Karad to Satara is the usual traffic with many two wheelers, added with a few diversions on and off again remains same. Many vehicles/tractors with trailers on them carrying sugarcane, riding really slow, not something new for those travelling regularly during such seasons. If you're taking this stretch during the night, almost all of them do not have tail/brake lights but a cloth with reflective paint hung on the rear of the trailer which may or may not be visible while its flapping due to the wind. Stretch after Belagavi shall slow one down but it's good to ride slow, remain alert around this stretch.

Our return trip was again to start on weekday midnight. Thinking we can probably avoid the village traffic for the entire stretch of Pune-Kolhapur. However, this time the maps suggested us to go via Solapur - Bijapur route.
We expected some amount of truck traffic on Mumbai-Pune expressway around the ghat section. However, not expected to spend an hour at the ghat for that 12 kms. It's getting worse at times, we could have taken the old Pune road to save some time it seems!

During our last trip in June this year, we did take NH50 to get off the usual NH48 at Chitradurga but the reason was that we were stopping at Harishchandragadh on our way to Surat so taking this route makes more sense in order to avoid traffic Kolhapura-pune, bypassing Pune and Mumbai completely to save a lot of time and driving through beautiful malshej ghats are some benefits. We liked driving that route till Solpur so we decided to take that on our return this time. After getting delayed on MPEW, we exited Pune to get to the Soloapur route, although this is a double carriageway, we again slowed down due to heavy fog in most of the stretch till Solapur, till an hour post the sun rise. Again, one has to be careful during this season, the fog filled highway with sugarcane trailers without the tale/brake lights and only that flapping reflector on them is one of the hazards apart from others to look for on this road.

Solapur <> Bijapur is an amazing stretch, yet to see some traffic. NH50 on Bijapur - Hospete - Chitradurga has some light truck traffic and some village traffic depending on the hour of the day.
Nothing much to mention about Chitradurga-Bengaluru stretch. Although it's now patched at many places, with some traffic and difficult to term 'runway' as fondly we used to mention for this stretch some years ago.

We try to rely on COCO fuel stations on this route. First page has the update about popular fuel stations although it may be a slightly outdated. It's good to refer to the first page since it has location marked on the maps. COCO fuel stations on MPEW are very good. On our return, we couldn’t get COCO on NH50 though, realized that here the depot is different and even if its KA, the fuel is slightly expensive compared to southern part of KA.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 20:46   #3581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
On our return, we couldn’t get COCO on NH50 though, realized that here the depot is different and even if its KA, the fuel is slightly expensive compared to southern part of KA.
To be honest, I don't bother these days to either hunt or plan for COCOs more so because the fuel stations these days are becoming better (monitoring) compared to what they were few years back and so far never faced any issues in terms of adulteration of short filling.

However, here's a list for your next one :
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 21:15   #3582
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
To be honest, I don't bother these days to either hunt or plan for COCOs more so because the fuel stations these days are becoming better (monitoring) compared to what they were few years back and so far never faced any issues in terms of adulteration of short filling.

However, here's a list for your next one :
Is it possible for you to edit your original post and these details there so that there is one common post for reference? (Understand that it won't be updated with latest info but still will be updated with whatever info is available)
Old 11th December 2023, 21:23   #3583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Is it possible for you to edit your original post and these details there so that there is one common post for reference? (Understand that it won't be updated with latest info but still will be updated with whatever info is available)
This list is not for Bangalore Pune route. It is for Bangalore Chitradurga Hospet Vijayapura Sholapur Osmanabad Aurangabad route.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 21:46   #3584
Senior - BHPian

Thanks so much Paragbhai. I shall keep it for my next travel. That route is coming up well, it can be a good option if roads beyond Solapur become better for a direct connectivity to GJ or may be Mumbai-Delhi E-way in future but that discussion is for a different thread I guess.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 21:55   #3585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
That route is coming up well, it can be a good option if roads beyond Solapur become better for a direct connectivity to GJ or may be Mumbai-Delhi E-way in future but that discussion is for a different thread I guess.
Well yes! I myself have done Aurangabad Saputara Surat Rajkot earlier and liked it too but we will have better (dual carriageway) alternates ready soon including the Surat Chennai Expressway.

Once Aurangabad Chalisgaon Dhule section is fully done (right now it has few bad patches and also unpredictable jams on Kannad Ghats after Aurangabad), this will be a good route to escape the busy Kolhapur Satara Pune Thane Surat section and directly reach Baroda via NH53 via Bardoli or even head further north and enter Rajasthan via Ratlam and Neemuch.

However, in couple of years we will see Mumbai Delhi expressway also fully functional and that will take a lot of load off the super busy Mumbai Ahmedabad corridor.

A lot (good) happening with the highway scene and I am glad most of these projects will ease traffic on the classic and popular routes. Even today, most Shirdi buses from Bangalore have started to take the Solapur route too.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks