Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2019, 08:52   #2506
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Riding from Pune to Bangalore next weekend. My bike has a range of 350kms. I know I'll refuel somewhere around Kolhapur. Guidance on fuel bunks / stops that I can use further up to Bangalore?
  • Pune - BPCL COCO (Near Nippani)- 255 Km - LOCATION
  • BPCL COCO (Near Nippani) to BPCL COCO (Near Ranebennur) - 279 Km - LOCATION
  • BPCL COCO (Near Ranebennur) to IOCL COCO (After Tumkur) - 265 Km - LOCATION

If you are keen on Reliance (I am not), here is the complete list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
  • After Hubli, Towards Bangalore : Location

• Before Dharwad, Towards Pune : Location

• After Sankeshwar, Towards Pune : Location

• After Khedshivpur - Towards Bangalore : Location

• Karad Bypass - Towards Bangalore : Location

• After Karad, Just near/Before Sai International, Towards Bangalore : Location

• After Kolhapur, Towards Pune : Location

• After Belgaum, Near Sankeshwar, Towards Pune: Location

• Before Hattarigi Toll Plaza, towards Bangalore: Location

• After Ranebennur bypass, towards Bangalore: Location

• After Chitradurga, towards Bangalore, Opp to VRL Depot: Location

• Between Tumkur and Dabaspet, Towards Bangalore: Location
If you are looking for Shell, there is just one 400 Kms from Pune after Hubli - LOCATION.

Quote:
Any recommended places for breakfast / lunch?
Since you are a regular to Goa, I am sure you will be aware of Sai International as well as Amar Only Veg. Nothing really great between Goa Turn off at Nippani till Hubli and Belgaum would ne early for lunch and late for breakfast anyway.So these 2 options work well for Breakfast.

For Lunch, you can target Davanagere and have it at Sankama Botique Hotel

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th September 2019 at 08:59.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 08:58   #2507
BHPian

Quote:
Riding from Pune to Bangalore next weekend. My bike has a range of 350kms. I know I'll refuel somewhere around Kolhapur. Guidance on fuel bunks / stops that I can use further up to Bangalore?
Any recommended places for breakfast / lunch?
Tank up before you leave Pune.
All lunch plans depend on when you plan to leave Pune.

If you are leaving Pune around 9 am, then you will find lot of nice eateries before the Mahabaleshwar exit serving hot batata wada & Tea.
Kailash Bhel also has a few outlets on the way.

After this small break, you should directly go to Sai International, Yelur - 30 kms after Karad & 40 kms before Kolhapur on your side of the road.
There is a petrol pump before the hotel where you can tank up and then proceed for your meals.
There is a snacks section, full meals section where you will get the usual stuff. Parking is not a issue here too.
I usually have some snacks at the snacks section since we always halt the night at Kolhapur.
Stopping at Sai International means you do not have to enter Kolhapur and deal with the traffic there and can continue your journey onward.

If you are departing after 10 am, I would suggest you skip snacks and have a full fledged meal at Manas, Satara.
Manas is before Satara when coming from Pune. It is approximately 5 kms before Satara and you will pass a Kamat before which I would advise you to avoid.
Manas serves very tasty veg & non-veg thali. You could also go a-la-carte if you wish.
Parking is not a problem.

And you can top up fuel at Sai International Yelur where you can have a tea break since the washrooms are very clean for both sexes.

Beyond Kolhapur, I have only had meals once at Pai International, Belgavi and then drove continuously to Bangalore since the roads that time were smooth as butter.

Hotel Manas: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ho...4!4d74.0258789

Hotel Sai International, Yelur: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ho...2!4d74.2755326

Caveat: please call up hotels before leaving since the flooding in western Maharashtra may have affected them too.

Last edited by Ithaca : 19th September 2019 at 09:08.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 09:19   #2508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
1. Breakfast - Apoorva resorts by 8:30 - 9:00...in case I get late stop at Mysore cafe (hopefully restrooms are good?)
0430AM, your best bet for Breakfast will still be Apoorva because given the road status as of today, you will require at least 3 hours to be here which means you will be here between 0730-800AM. However, just 30 minutes ahead of this is Kamat Upachar which serves average breakfast and has restrooms that may not be upto expectation.

So what can you do? Based on your progress, have breakfast at either Apoorva (Not very famous for breakfast) or Kamat Upachar.

In case you need cleaner rest rooms, just pull over at this Cafe Coffee Day 2 minutes before Apoorva and take that Bio Break.

Quote:
2. Lunch - Clarks Inn or cult if I am late
Cult only for lunch. There is Ganesh Hotel which is quite decent and we had stopped by in July and liked the overall set-up including rest rooms.

Quote:
3. Coffee - somewhere between belgaum and kohlapur...any reccos?
Coffee or Coffee Day? In case you are looking for good coffee, you should forget about it beyond Davanagere on this stretch unless you are OK with coffee powder stirred in milk with loads of sugar served to you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
Toll paid:
The toll list is missing the following Plazas:

Anewadi, Kognoli, Hebbalu, Chalageri. So the overall toll will easily be close to 1000 INR.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 09:46   #2509
BHPian

Quote:
The toll list is missing the following Plazas:

Anewadi, Kognoli, Hebbalu, Chalageri. So the overall toll will easily be close to 1000 INR.

Thank you Parag. I had calculated toll based on Transaction history from PayTM fastag passbook. As I had left my notebook in hotel in Tirupati.

Now, I have reconciled with payTM wallet deduction and total toll amount is adding to INR 960.
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 10:14   #2510
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
For fuel stations, look up Parag's list appended to the opening post of this thread, he has left no stone unturned
Perfect thanks!

Quote:
  • Pune - BPCL COCO (Near Nippani)- 255 Km - LOCATION
  • BPCL COCO (Near Nippani) to BPCL COCO (Near Ranebennur) - 279 Km - LOCATION
  • BPCL COCO (Near Ranebennur) to IOCL COCO (After Tumkur) - 265 Km - LOCATION
Excellent. Perfect for breaks and fuel stops! Thanks Parag.

Quote:
I am sure you will be aware of Sai International as well as Amar Only Veg.
I'll stick to Sai. Clean washrooms and I'll be there at 0630am anyway.

Quote:
For Lunch, you can target Davanagere and have it at Sankama Botique Hotel
How much time would it take from Sai to this place? 6 hours? I need my lunch around 1230.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
If you are leaving Pune around 9 am, then you will find lot of nice eateries before the Mahabaleshwar exit serving hot batata wada & Tea.
Kailash Bhel also has a few outlets on the way.
I'll leave at 0430am.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 10:17   #2511
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How much time would it take from Sai to this place? 6 hours?
Yes. Around 6 Hours. This Hotel is off NH by around 700 Meters with easy access in and out from Highway. So still a better bet compared to anything else around.

BTW, Amar only veg right at the base of Tawandi Ghats is as good or perhaps better to Sai in every way. Plus it has very well maintained rest rooms and better options on the menu for breakfast. But this is on the right hand side with a cut in the median just in front of it.

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th September 2019 at 10:23.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 11:59   #2512
BHPian

Quote:
I do have an option to skip Badami if the route is going to be a pain. Would you suggest coming back via Pune -> Hubli -> Bangalore route from Aurangabad and stop maybe in Kohlapur??
Quote:
You can still do Badami if you want to. I assessed the options that you have but this is how they fare. The one via Beed - Osmanabad is perhaps the most logical even in its present state.

In the end, you will have to weigh in your priorities and take a call.
Quote:
My daughter and son are used to usual 6-7 hrs drives but not beyond that.
Parag Sir have shared all the options but looking at your requirement of drives not exceeding 6 to 7 hours.

I would recommend another alternative,

The route proposed here is Aurangabad - Pune - Satara (Halt) - Kolhapur - Nippani - chikodi - Mudhol - Badami.

You can start from Aurangabad at around 7 AM so you will be in Pune post peak hours (around 12.30 - 1 PM).

You can reach Satara by 4 PM with lunch break at Pune/outskirts of Pune.

(Once you check-in, take kids to Hotel swimming pool to get rid of travel fatigue)

Next day you may require around 6-6.5 hours to reach Badami from Satara.

The proposed route will be longer by 100+ kms compared to A'bad - Solapur - Badami route but this road will fare better in terms of quality of roads & traffic you will be encounter during the journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Not worth going into Hubli for Clarks Inn, you'll lose a lot of time.
Cult will be early for lunch. Look at Roti Ghar, Amar Veg/Whitehouse. If a late lunch, target Kolhapur McD
I agree with Narayan. Lunch at Hubli will be little early. You can plan your lunch either at Hotel Sankam Residency or at Pai Resorts
Ertigiat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 20:57   #2513
BHPian

Thanks so much everyone! I will plan for Pai resorts or Amar veg (if I make good progress)

I did not get much suggestions on eateries/stopping points for the Satara -Nashik route and the Aurangabad - Vijayapura - Badami route...I assume there are not much options

Thanks again!
Old 19th September 2019, 23:09   #2514
BHPian

Guys, there is a newly opened restaurant with facilities for stay -- "Hotel Sangam Paradise Pure Veg" on Nipani bypass NH4 in the Pune--Bangalore direction. Looks premium and awesome. It opened some 6 months back but I somehow tend to miss stopping there everytime during my Mumbai--Belgaum--Mumbai drives. Has anyone tried it ?? Below are some pics that I picked up from Google.

Location - Hotel Sangam Paradise
Sangam Paradise, NH-4, Nipani, Karnataka 591237
094220 47687
https://maps.app.goo.gl/8GtT8E8o2XR1tJ219
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-screenshot_20190919225539__01.jpg  

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-screenshot_20190919230442__01.jpg  

vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 10:12   #2515
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes. Around 6 Hours. This Hotel is off NH by around 700 Meters with easy access in and out from Highway. So still a better bet compared to anything else around.

BTW, Amar only veg right at the base of Tawandi Ghats is as good or perhaps better to Sai in every way. Plus it has very well maintained rest rooms and better options on the menu for breakfast. But this is on the right hand side with a cut in the median just in front of it.

Thanks for all the help. Here's my final plan:

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-rideplan.png

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-rideplan2.png

Let me know what you think?
Old 20th September 2019, 10:20   #2516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BPCL COCO (Nippani) to BPCL COCO (Kunabev/Ranebennur) = 278 Km.

In this, 30 Kms is pure single carriageway but for a fast bike it won't matter.

Apart from this, 140 Km soon after exiting Hubli Bypass till this fuel station at Kunabev/Ranebennur is where expansion work is in progress with a lot of diversions and of course, bad sections around these diversions. This will slow you down for sure when compared to cruising at triple digit speeds otherwise!

The overall stretch of this work in progress section starts soon after the end of Dharwad - Hubli bypass (~400Km to Bangalore from here) till the beginning of Chitradurga Bypass (~200Km to Bangalore from here). So it is this stretch of ~200Km where usual average speeds will be compromised.

Otherwise, the plan looks perfect and more or less you should still be able to do these timings as mentioned.

Speed Interceptor alert:
This section right from Chalageri Toll Plaza (one before your lunch break) to Hebbalu Toll Plaza (one after your lunch break) is something where you need to ride cautiously since you will be passing this during day time. Just keep your eyes wide open looking for that Tavera/Winger and go easy on your throttle :-).

After your lunch, you will pass an overbridge road crossing the NH and soon after this you have a long straight where these cops are stationed most of the times.

Anyway, just be careful between these 2 tolls I have referred to.

Last edited by paragsachania : 20th September 2019 at 10:25.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 11:16   #2517
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The overall stretch of this work in progress section starts soon after the end of Dharwad - Hubli bypass (~400Km to Bangalore from here) till the beginning of Chitradurga Bypass (~200Km to Bangalore from here). So it is this stretch of ~200Km where usual average speeds will be compromised.

Otherwise, the plan looks perfect and more or less you should still be able to do these timings as mentioned.
Usually my average speeds on the bike are higher since I don't have to stop at tolls or get stuck behind trucks overtaking each other at 5-6kmph. So I think the timing estimates are quite conservative. I've tried to factor in fatigue making an impact on the speeds towards the end of my journey.

Quote:
Speed Interceptor alert:
This right from Chalageri Toll Plaza (one before your lunch break) to Hebbalu Toll Plaza (one after your lunch break) is something where you need to ride cautiously since you will be passing this during day time. Just keep your eyes wide open looking for that Tavera/Winger and go easy on your throttle :-).
Let me know once you are done surprising me with such intricate details
Old 20th September 2019, 11:17   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all the help. Here's my final plan:

Attachment 1916426

Nothing significant that I want to add but in my honest opinion, doing Pune (Baner) to Sai International in 2 hours is ambitious. As I have mentioned in my earlier posts, Pune--Satara section is not 100% clean. Between Pune and Shirwal, the road at some places is rough and bumpy with loose gravel and ridden with potholes, plus the diversions are bad in the present state. Further on till Satara, you will encounter potholes on the fast lanes in an otherwise smooth 6 lane road. Most potholes are not that deep but some are really deep. For a car, these are okay but a biker needs to be really careful with these potholes. Consider rains as well. I am sure you will exercise caution but I am just intending to tell you that add 30 mins to this section. Satara--Kolhapur is a superfast fun drive.

P.S - I drove Belgaum to Mumbai just yesterday in my VW Polo and it rained intermittently ( moderate to heavy rains ) on Kolhapur to Pune--Mumbai sector.
Old 20th September 2019, 11:22   #2519
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Nothing significant that I want to add but in my honest opinion, doing Pune (Baner) to Sai International in 2 hours is ambitious.
Thanks Vivek. I agree. It takes around 3 hours in the car. I missed writing that I'll start off at 0430 as mentioned in my earlier posts. So between 2 to 3 hours is what it'll take I think.

Quote:
] Consider rains as well. I am sure you will exercise caution but I am just intending to tell you that add 30 mins to this section. Satara--Kolhapur is a superfast fun drive.
Thanks! Will be careful there.

Quote:
P.S - I drove Belgaum to Mumbai just yesterday in my VW Polo and it rained intermittently ( moderate to heavy rains ) on Kolhapur to Pune--Mumbai sector.
I am hoping monsoon will subside in a week's time. Getting drenched and riding for another 500kms won't be fun
Old 20th September 2019, 11:25   #2520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Usually my average speeds on the bike are higher since I don't have to stop at tolls or get stuck behind trucks overtaking each other at 5-6kmph.
Definitely and when I said you should still be easily able to make it as per your plan was due to this. Otherwise, 2 Hours rom Baner to Sai International with a 0530 AM start by car is just about tight but not on a fast bike that passes toll booths in seconds and faster than FASTag .
Quote:
Let me know once you are done surprising me with such intricate details
LOL, actually I advise about this mainly for those passing this section by the day. After all, you just cannot be pulled for doing above 60-65 (for bike) on a road where 100 is like yawning and these cops know very well that only those who are unfamiliar will not be aware of this, especially those driving from Pune/Mumbai.

2 Years back when returning from our usual Monsoon Drive from Konkan, we were I think 9 cars and just at after Chalegeri toll booth, we warned all the drivers about speed trap ahead and with no surprise, the interceptor was stationed right there at the same spot while each one us slowed down below 80 Kmph and passed by. Quite obviously, these cops wouldn't stop an overloaded Tata Ace or a triple riding 100cc Bike!

On your return journey, they are mostly at this location but I am sure you wont be able to say hello to them because I expect you to ride early and pass this section before 0900 for sure.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks