Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 00:27   #2491
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
leaving Hubli on 3rd at 12pm. So please suggest me where I can have lunch and evening snacks between Hubli and Bangalore. Thanks in advance.
Oops. For a noon start, you may lunch at Hubli itself. Sugar n Spice that I mentioned above is just outside Hubli. The Cult about 15 kms further on the opposite side.

For evening snacks, look at Sira Kamat Upachar.

BTW your start time will land you bang on peak Bangalore entry traffic. Kyatasandra, Nelamangala tolls will be loaded to the gills with overenthusiastic home bound vehicles on a Sunday evening. Its better to leave Hubli at 9am types or earlier and reach Bangalore like 3pm.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 09:33   #2492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Oops. For a noon start, you may lunch at Hubli itself. Sugar n Spice that I mentioned above is just outside Hubli. The Cult about 15 kms further on the opposite side.

For evening snacks, look at Sira Kamat Upachar.

BTW your start time will land you bang on peak Bangalore entry traffic. Kyatasandra, Nelamangala tolls will be loaded to the gills with overenthusiastic home bound vehicles on a Sunday evening. Its better to leave Hubli at 9am types or earlier and reach Bangalore like 3pm.
Thanks for the reply Narayan. I know I will be entering Bangalore at peak traffic time. But I am going to be staying at hotel Thanga Orchid which happens to be on the outskirts of the city so don't think there will be much traffic issues except Neelamangala toll like you mentioned. Also I will be leaving Hubli after late and heavy breakfast at 11 am so won't be in a hurry to stop for lunch immediately after Hubli.

So kindly suggest some place for lunch which I could reach by 2-3 pm tops. And thanks for the Sira Kamat Upachar suggestion. Will definitely do that. Thanks once again.
Old 9th September 2019, 11:21   #2493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
So kindly suggest some place for lunch which I could reach by 2-3 pm tops. And thanks for the Sira Kamat Upachar suggestion. Will definitely do that. Thanks once again.
If you start from Hubli at 12 noon, it should take you around 2.5 Hours to cross Davanagere and then you can stop by for lunch at Apoorva Resorts which will fall on your right hand side when driving South.

If I were you, I would ditch Apoorva mainly when driving towards Bangalore due to its poor accessibility from right hand side. Instead, I will stop by at Davanagere City itself and finish my lunch.

Sankama Boutique Hotel is off NH by only 700 meters and worth a stop with easy access from and to the highway - Sankama Boutique Hotel, Davanagere

These are the only 2 options (with few more within Davanagere city) that work for you given the fact that you have nothing really worthwhile beyond Davanagere for lunch.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 08:20   #2494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I drove from Mumbai to Belgaum yesterday
Drove from Mumbai to Belgaum yet again yesterday. There is nothing new to report as its status quo compared to my last drive. Need to exercise much caution while driving at night on Pune--Satara sector owing to those potholes strewn around. You can easily dodge them in daylight.

Below is a video made with phone camera by mounting it on the holder. Shows driving through Khambatki ghat between Pune and Satara.
vivek95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 16:19   #2495
BHPian

Dear Friends,

Decided to a fairly long road trip next week with my family (wife, son -10 yrs and daughter -3 yrs) in the ecosport. Had some work in Nashik and we decided to make a road trip and vacation out of it. We have not been traveling long distance from when my daughter was born...so in some sense this will be an experiment. The route is :

1. Bangalore (Start -4:30-5:00 am)
2. Break at Satara (Fern Residency) - reach by sun down, stay overnight and start to Nashik after breakfast

3. Nashik (Sula) - 3 days leave to aurangabad via sinnar

4. Sinnar (near Nashik) - have 0.5 days work here...enroute to Aurangabad
5. Aurangabad (Ambassador, Ajanta) - 3 days to cover Ajanta, Ellora
6. Badami - Aihole: Leave from Aurangabad after breakfast and drive via Vijayapura (Clark's Inn)
7. Back to Bangalore

My daughter and son are used to usual 6-7 hrs drives but not beyond that. All (esp my wife) very particular about super clean restrooms and places to eat. I would really really appreciate your advice on the following given that I have near been to any of these places before:

1. Anything to be aware of in terms of road condition. I have read the last few pages and the comments on road widening. I see it is going to rain next week

2. Places to see locally in these places which you would recommend

3. But most importantly, good places to stop in enroute for breakfast/lunch/ restroom breaks. Bangalore->Pune is a popular route but others am not sure (map attached below) esp the Aurangabad to Badami route

4. Finally, the timings. I am sedate driver, try and keep at 100-110 constant (try not go above that) and slow down in bad roads. Planning to take my new Ecosport Petrol Auto given the ground clearance. Given the kids, would love to avoid traffic and try not to drive after sun down.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate your advice.

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-trip.jpg
Old 18th September 2019, 17:20   #2496
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
1. Anything to be aware of in terms of road condition. I have read the last few pages and the comments on road widening. I see it is going to rain next week
Nothing to worry except that the diversions have gone back and increased in number. So the 200th-400th Km will be with good patience and it better be done early morning so local traffic on the diversions is also less.

Quote:
3. But most importantly, good places to stop in enroute for breakfast/lunch/ restroom breaks. Bangalore->Pune is a popular route but others am not sure (map attached below) esp the Aurangabad to Badami route
The direct route from Aurangabad to Badami via Beed and Sholapur Bijapur is mostly going to be single carriageway end to end. This is the only disadvantage because Aurangabad to Badami will be nearly 600 Km on Single carriageway and an all day drive.

Options to stop enroute will be strictly average so you have to keep that in mind. Quoting an update between Aurangabad - Beed Sholapur by a fellow BHPian from few months before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam1024 View Post
NH52 (Aurangabad-Beed-Thuljapur) is in excellent condition to travel. As mentioned in my earlier post its well laid and smooth like butter.

The the part of NH65 till we leave Maharastra border and enter Karnataka (to reach Hyderabad) is again a nightmare. It's full of multiple diversions, traffic is diverted on one side of the NH making it worse to drive especially when it's dark. In a nutshell, the part of this highway (in Maharashtra till sholapur) is largely difficult to travel as its still being laid. Wish there was a way to completely by pass this highway till its complete to reach Sholapur. I am not aware of the condition beyond Sholapur towards Pune as I have not travelled that side yet.
Old 18th September 2019, 17:50   #2497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The direct route from Aurangabad to Badami via Beed and Sholapur Bijapur is mostly going to be single carriageway end to end. This is the only disadvantage because Aurangabad to Badami will be nearly 600 Km on Single carriageway and an all day drive.

Options to stop enroute will be strictly average so you have to keep that in mind. Quoting an update between Aurangabad - Beed Sholapur by a fellow BHPian from few months before:
I do have an option to skip Badami if the route is going to be a pain. Would you suggest coming back via Pune -> Hubli -> Bangalore route from Aurangabad and stop maybe in Kohlapur??
Old 18th September 2019, 18:56   #2498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I do have an option to skip Badami if the route is going to be a pain. Would you suggest coming back via Pune -> Hubli -> Bangalore route from Aurangabad and stop maybe in Kohlapur??
You can still do Badami if you want to. I assessed the options that you have but this is how they fare. The one via Beed - Osmanabad is perhaps the most logical even in its present state.

Second best would be via Shirur and the last one will be via Pune and Belgaum so you get to drive least on single carriageway/bad sections.

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-aurangabad-badami.jpg

As you can see, the one via Pune is longest and adds nearly 200 Km but has the least single lane roads to tackle. But then, this drive alone will be a long one for the day considering your limitations unless you can halt for the night at Belgaum and reach Badami the next day. Also, you need to cross Pune city with this. This route also will offer you assured clean rest rooms and eateries because it is a popular route with travellers.

In the end, you will have to weigh in your priorities and take a call.
Old 18th September 2019, 19:48   #2499
BHPian

Quote:

The direct route from Aurangabad to Badami via Beed and Sholapur Bijapur is mostly going to be single carriageway end to end.:
Between Aurangabad and Solapur, Osmanabad--Solapur section of about 80 kms is a newly constructed 4 lane road. It was inaugurated sometime back in January 2019.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 20:14   #2500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Between Aurangabad and Solapur, Osmanabad--Solapur section of about 80 kms is a newly constructed 4 lane road. It was inaugurated sometime back in January 2019.
Yes, I realised that when I replied later and hence in my post above you can see that I have referred to this section as a dual carriageway.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 21:52   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
You can still do Badami if you want to. I assessed the options that you have but this is how they fare. The one via Beed - Osmanabad is perhaps the most logical even in its present state.

In the end, you will have to weigh in your priorities and take a call.
Thanks a lot, this is awesome! Given the substantial difference in distance and that 60% is still dual carriageway, I think I will stick to this for now.

Quote:
Thank you. Would you know any decent hotels/pit stops on the way?

For the first part of the trip, my plan based on the info in the thread is -
Blr - Satara (4:30 am start) in south Bangalore
1. Breakfast - Apoorva resorts by 8:30 - 9:00...in case I get late stop at Mysore cafe (hopefully restrooms are good?)

2. Lunch - Clarks Inn or cult if I am late

3. Coffee - somewhere between belgaum and kohlapur...any reccos?

Also appreciate any lunch recommendation between Pune and Nashik? Planto start from Satara after breakfast by 8:00am and hoping to be at Sula by 1:30ish. Thanks again
Old 19th September 2019, 05:54   #2502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Decided to a fairly long road trip next week
1. More than Chitradurga-Hubli, I'd say negotiating Pune and doing Pune-Nasik is a pain. Off peak weekdays, diversions are manageable even under lights.

Ideally I'd target Pune on day 1 and leave early to Nasik.

2. Aurangabad-Ajanta is lousy road. Getting to Ellora/Grishneshwar is in good shape though.

3. Nagar-Tembhurni, especially Karmala/Jeur-Tembhurni was lunar surface. Corolla took it, Ecosport would manage. Just don't be ambitious on the A pedal

Quote:
Blr - Satara (4:30 am start) in south Bangalore
You'll be in Apoorva around 745-800 itself

Not worth going into Hubli for Clarks Inn, you'll lose a lot of time.
Cult will be early for lunch. Look at Roti Ghar, Amar Veg/Whitehouse. If a late lunch, target Kolhapur McD
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 07:47   #2503
BHPian

Completed Pune - Tirupati - Pune Drive last weekend.

Road Status:

Pune - Satara: Total of 5 diversions between Khed and Shiral. Rest if smooth 4 lane road.

Geolocation of diversions.

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-whatsapp-image-20190919-7.14.01-am.jpeg

Satara - Dharwad Bypass: Smooth 4 lane road
Dharwad - Hubli bypass: 2 lane road
Hubli Bypass - Davanagere: 10+ diversions and road quality range from bad to worse.

Geo location of Diversions:

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-whatsapp-image-20190919-7.15.51-am.jpeg

Diversions

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-whatsapp-image-20190919-7.16.52-am.jpeg

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-whatsapp-image-20190919-7.16.52-am1.jpeg

Davangere - Banglore: Smooth 4 lane roads. Beware of Police inceptors between Davangere and Chitradurga. Heavy local unruly traffic after crossing Tumkur.

Toll paid:

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-toll.jpg

Timing:

Started from Pune around 3:30 AM and reached Bangalore around 3:45 PM. Total time Approx: 12 Hours

Breaks:

Two 45 minutes break for food
one 20 minute break for refueling
Two 10 minutes Bio breaks.
Who_are_you is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 08:23   #2504
Team-BHP Support

Riding from Pune to Bangalore next weekend. My bike has a range of 350kms. I know I'll refuel somewhere around Kolhapur. Guidance on fuel bunks / stops that I can use further up to Bangalore?

Any recommended places for breakfast / lunch?
Old 19th September 2019, 08:40   #2505
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Riding from Pune to Bangalore next weekend. My bike has a range of 350kms. I know I'll refuel somewhere around Kolhapur. Guidance on fuel bunks / stops that I can use further up to Bangalore?

Any recommended places for breakfast / lunch?
For fuel stations, look up Parag's list appended to the opening post of this thread, he has left no stone unturned

If you can ride 200Km before your breakfast stop, I think you can consider Sai International near Kolhapur bang on the highway to your left in the Pune-Bangalore direction.

Another ~140Km from Sai International and you can stop at Sankam Residency in Belgaum for lunch, short detour from the highway.

OR consider The Cult near Hubli for lunch, on the right side of the highway in the Pune-Bangalore direction but not too far a detour (this one will be almost ~250Km from Sai International).

Last edited by NPV : 19th September 2019 at 08:49.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks