Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2015, 22:36   #1741
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackr View Post
Sorry for the late reply. Started the next day at 4am and reached at 330am. Included 4 hours of breaks. At CCD, Sankam, some other short breaks, and then at Parth Food Court near Pune. Really really helpful - thank you so much.
Great to note, that you were able to find your way through. Even though Google helps well, but you still need to spot the correct exits and take the correct routes. The fact you could make it to the CCD at Neligere, at my mere mention, also states you were comfortable in that section (humps not to mention!). All in all it must have been a great drive.

Do treat us to a travelogue!
Old 27th May 2015, 14:45   #1742
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove to Rajkot and back last weekend passing Pune and Mumbai.

Here are some important updates -

The good news is that work is in rapid progress between Satara and Pune. In only 3 months there was a massive difference with the road surface. I had driven to Ahmedabad on Mid February and then Rajkot last weekend.
  • All the diversions have got new layer of asphalt
  • Those sections where 6 lane was complete but road surface was rough too have got a new layer
  • Lane markers were painted and both sides of the roads got continuous white lines
  • The Overbridge above the Old Katraj Bypass after the Katraj Tunnels are ready and traffic flows on it in both directions with 3 lanes of operational traffic
  • Pune Bypass too is getting ready faster than it was before
However, I it was contrasting to notice that Pune-Satara section still remained same with bad patches. I hope they will fix this corridor later.

Last edited by paragsachania : 27th May 2015 at 14:46.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 13:39   #1743
BHPian

Did Navi Mumbai - Bangalore - Trivandrum drive 2 weeks ago in Polo. Overall good drive and enjoyed the whole trip. I did the last trip more than 2 years ago and it was definitely much better this time.

The Good
a) The roads were generally good except for Pune-Satara stretch.
b) Not many detours because of ongoing constructions (compared to 2 years ago).
c) Not much delays and no long waiting at toll booths - may be because it was weekday, not weekend.
d) Lot of options for food, especially Salem-Trivandrum stretch.

The Bad
e) Increased local traffic - bikes, auto rickshaws, small goods vehicles.
f) Toll booths - I'm ok to pay the toll, but toll booths every 50 or 60 Km is a pain. In the Salem-Trivandrum stretch the toll points were many and too close to one another.

The Ugly
g) Some people haggling at toll booths for free entry, showing some ID card and arguing with the toll guys. Saw 3 instances and it is irritating to see people trying to get things for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
- Went to a newly opened APPORVA RESORTS in Davangere on my return trip. Bang on NH4.c Great breakfast choice, spic and span toilets, parking etc. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by me.
Wanted to check out Apoorva, but ended up staying in Genesis Resorts (Davangare). It came before Apoorva and it was late and I wanted to stop. Apoorva looked very good from outside, will try next time.
Old 19th June 2015, 01:02   #1744
DWC
BHPian

Just got back from a Mumbai - Bangalore - Kodaikanal stint in my Polo. Pune to Satara had a lot of diversions due to roadworks, but other than that the roads were good enough. Karnataka has amazing highways and really puts Maharashtra to shame. Even the roads from Bangalore to Dindigul were great. Managed to do Mumbai - Bangalore in 12 hours with stops. On the way back it took 15 hours due to rains, traffic and night driving.
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:27   #1745

Any idea if the fuel shortage in North KA still exists?
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:48   #1746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundabs View Post
Any idea if the fuel shortage in North KA still exists?
Not anymore that I know. You should not face any issues with Fuel shortage now.
Old 6th July 2015, 19:52   #1747
BHPian

A quick question to those who frequently travel between Mumbai and Pune.

Which is the most reliable, safe and best bus service running between Mumbai and Pune? The drop location in Pune ideally should be around Koregaon Park.

There are a number of services listed on redbus.in and makemytrip. However, as always, I wanted to get some real feedback from fellow bhpians.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Saurabh
Old 6th July 2015, 20:10   #1748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertRat View Post
A quick question to those who frequently travel between Mumbai and Pune.

Which is the most reliable, safe and best bus service running between Mumbai and Pune? The drop location in Pune ideally should be around Koregaon Park.

There are a number of services listed on redbus.in and makemytrip. However, as always, I wanted to get some real feedback from fellow bhpians.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Saurabh
For Koregaon Park, your best bet would be the buses terminating at the Pune City Junction. If so, MSRTC's Shivneri services would be best bet without doubts. But make sure that you opt for the booking for a service that ends at "Pune Station" as there are services terminating at Swargate as well.

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th July 2015 at 20:16.
Old 4th August 2015, 21:12   #1749
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I am planning Pune to Coimbatore trip on i20 (Diesel) in 2 weeks from now with overnight stay at Hosur. Though I have been driving since 2007 & comfortable, still a bit dilemma because onward journey is all by myself. Return journey with family after a week. I am familiar with Bangalore. Pune to Tumkur road is new to me. I have not done long road trips except Pune - Guhagar & Pune - Diveager. Need help & suggestions on the following thoughts..

- If I need to reach Hosur by 9pm, what time I should leave Pune in the morning? 4 or 5am?

- Planning Breakfast at McDonalds - Kohlapur (seems a U turn from onward road), any other suggestions?

- Lunch @ Davanagere, I hope to reach by 2pm or so!

- May be a snack or something at Tumkur in the evening 6pm or so..!

- NICE road to Electronic City & onward to Hosur.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Old 4th August 2015, 21:30   #1750
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam81 View Post
- If I need to reach Hosur by 9pm, what time I should leave Pune in the morning? 4 or 5am?
You will reach much before 9PM even at sedate speeds (Maybe 7PM). But yes, its good to start early. 4AM is a good time.

Quote:
- Planning Breakfast at McDonalds - Kohlapur (seems a U turn from onward road), any other suggestions?
Sai International 30km before Kolhapur. Its on your side while you drive.

Quote:
- Lunch @ Davanagere, I hope to reach by 2pm or so!
You wont find much at Davanagere. Ranebennur Kamat can be an option, which is on the other side of the road.

Quote:
- May be a snack or something at Tumkur in the evening 6pm or so..!
Dobbaspet after Tumkur has a Kamat on either side and coffee day on the opposite side.

Quote:
- NICE road to Electronic City & onward to Hosur.
All good. After the Nelamangala toll, be on the lookout for the NICE road exit. After you get off the NICE road, the other potential crowd point is Attibele toll location where you run into trucks thanks to KA-TN border.

Last edited by ampere : 4th August 2015 at 21:35.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 21:38   #1751
BHPian

Thank you Ampere for all the food stop suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
All good. After the Nelamangala toll, be on the look for the NICE road exit. The potential crowd point is Attibele toll location where there you run into trucks thanks to KA-TN border.
I thought about a bit but not many options though. Anekal to Hosur is an option but I would like to avoid it in the night time. 5 years back when I was in Bangalore, used to go through Attibele & Ashok Lelyland Gate every now & then. Got to experience again
Pam81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 21:42   #1752
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you Ampere for all the food stop suggestions!
There is no suggestion! Its basically Kamats all the way!

Quote:
I thought about a bit but not many options though. Anekal to Hosur is an option but I would like to avoid it in the night time. 5 years back when I was in Bangalore, used to go through Attibele & Ashok Lelyland Gate every now & then. Got to experience again
Nothing has changed. Same bad traffic!

There is one more option for a break in case you dont want to drive to Hosur. Just before Attibele toll there is a place called La-Classic. Very nice and decent place. This way you avoid evening rush on the Hosur road.

I meant this hotel: http://www.laclassic.in

The best part of the hotel is its location.
Old 5th August 2015, 11:22   #1753
Distinguished - BHPian

All these years I was just passing Apoorva Resorts and stopping at Kamat till we tried lunch 2 weeks back on a Sunday noon when returning from Panchagini.

I must say that this place is excellent. Spacious restaurant serving Veg and NV Food, accepts cards and clean rest rooms.

I will highly recommend Apoorva now that we tried. Its easier to reach here when driving up but a bit tricky to reach if heading for Bangalore.

They serve breakfast as well.

We were 7 cars and one driven solo by a lady and had to be choosy and hence stopped here instead of anything else.

On road update-
The Haveri-Ranebennur-Harihar section has developed some real huge potholes (remain good if driving towards Pune). Be careful in this section as it becomes difficult to avoid the potholes as they appear suddenly out of nowhere on a supposedly clean stretch.

Last edited by paragsachania : 5th August 2015 at 11:26.
Old 5th August 2015, 11:53   #1754
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I will highly recommend Apoorva now that we tried. Its easier to reach here when driving up but a bit tricky to reach if heading for Bangalore.
Yes, this is a very nice place to get refreshed. Neat and clean, good open space, spacious parking, good food, space to walk around as well.

And yes, little tricky if we are towards bangalore. We will have to take a "U" turn in to the service lane on the left. So, we should slow down and turn ON the indicator at least a Km before.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 12:28   #1755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning Pune to Coimbatore trip on i20 (Diesel) in 2 weeks from now with overnight stay at Hosur.
In theory you should be able to reach Coimbatore the same day, more or less midnight-ish. If you have a early morning start like 330-4am you should be able to cross Kolhapur before the section becomes messy. After that apart from the messy Attibele-Hosur section that you'll cross in the evening hours.

You should be able to make a call on it, on reaching Bangalore-Hosur section.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks