Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 10:45   #2086
BHPian

The Bangalore - Magadi - Kunigal road will be free after 7AM since all buses from Mangalore would have passed. So try hitting Magadi road after 7AM else you will get a chain of buses coming one behind other at high speeds.
Old 5th May 2010, 11:50   #2087
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
That was quick MCR! Thanks a bunch!!!

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get out of Bangalore. (Sarjapur Jn to Magadi Road). I'm a total newbie to Bangalore roads and it confuses me to no extend...lol
Hello Digital Vampire. As kala, speedsatya have suggested, drive till Electronics city and later take the Nice road till Magadi road exit. This way you will not encounter any city traffic. Pls find enclosed the routemap.
Attached Thumbnails
The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi-sarjapurmagadiroad.jpg  

Old 5th May 2010, 12:37   #2088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
The Bangalore - Magadi - Kunigal road will be free after 7AM since all buses from Mangalore would have passed. So try hitting Magadi road after 7AM else you will get a chain of buses coming one behind other at high speeds.
Kadri, could not agree with you more. I experienced this battery of buses coming at super high speeds when I was driving this stretch at about 5.30AM last Friday. While returning, I was driving at about 3.30PM on Sunday and the same route was placid and a pleasure to drive. Next time I will try to avoid that 5~7AM time on this road
Old 5th May 2010, 13:33   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Kadri, could not agree with you more. I experienced this battery of buses coming at super high speeds when I was driving this stretch at about 5.30AM last Friday. While returning, I was driving at about 3.30PM on Sunday and the same route was placid and a pleasure to drive. Next time I will try to avoid that 5~7AM time on this road
The private buses reach Bangalore only during morning between 5AM to 7AM after that only after night 9.30PM to 11.30PM you can find them going out of Bangalore. Other times the roads are free.

Most of the KSRTC buses take Nelmangla route.
Old 5th May 2010, 14:01   #2090
BHPian

Thanks for all the support guys...Much appreciated!!!
Old 6th May 2010, 17:35   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Madikeri - Kushalnagar highway opens for public

Madikeri- Kushalnagar road is back! seems like Blore to Mlore via madikeri will be a dream drive?
Old 6th May 2010, 17:49   #2092
Senior - BHPian

NH48 anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Madikeri - Kushalnagar highway opens for public

Madikeri- Kushalnagar road is back! seems like Blore to Mlore via madikeri will be a dream drive?
Yes .One has 2 options .Via Madikeri or via Hassan.

And i am now confused .I might opt for the Hassan route because of the opportunity to drive via the Magadi-Kunigal , the Channrayapatna -Sakleshpur runway and the sakleshpur -BC road stretch.

For me ,the drive via Madikeri actually comes into place only after the ghats till Sullia with fast sweeping corners .The Hunsur-Sontikoppa 4 lane highway is one of the best roads that I have driven on ,with proper warnings about intersections and speedbreakers.The Bangalore -Mysore road on the other hand is so poorly planned!!One has to be careful about unmarked speedbreakers which come up every other day ...and also one has to be careful for crossings on fast and blind corners!!
Old 6th May 2010, 19:24   #2093
MCR
BHPian

Nh48

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Yes .One has 2 options .Via Madikeri or via Hassan.

And i am now confused .I might opt for the Hassan route because of the opportunity to drive via the Magadi-Kunigal , the Channrayapatna -Sakleshpur runway and the sakleshpur -BC road stretch.

For me ,the drive via Madikeri actually comes into place only after the ghats till Sullia with fast sweeping corners .The Hunsur-Sontikoppa 4 lane highway is one of the best roads that I have driven on ,with proper warnings about intersections and speedbreakers.The Bangalore -Mysore road on the other hand is so poorly planned!!One has to be careful about unmarked speedbreakers which come up every other day ...and also one has to be careful for crossings on fast and blind corners!!
+1. NH48 is wide. But the Charmadi ghat is narrow and too windy. So its NH48 any day to Mangalore - given that the current road condition is good.
Old 6th May 2010, 19:34   #2094
Team-BHP Support

DD,

The sarjapur road junction that you mentioned, is it the ORR-Sarjapur Junction (beyond Intel) or is it the junction at Sarjapur town.

MCR has shown you the map at Sarjapur town and not the Intel junction.

Just wanted to let you know.

If you want to go from ORR-Sarjapur road junction, best it to go all the way on ORR till Jaydeva flyover, and take the Bannerghatta road, till it hits NICE road.
That saves you going around the Gottigere village. Then you can take the Magadi road exit.
Old 10th May 2010, 12:49   #2095
BHPian

I am planning to travel to Arasinamakki (Near Dharmasthala/Kokkada) next week.
I am not sure how is the road condition of Shiradi Ghat road.
Thinking of taking following route:
BLR-Hassan - Belur - Kottigehara - Charmadi Ghat - Belthangady - Kokkada
Given the weekend rush, holiday season Shiradi will be crowded. Not sure of road condtion in Charmadi as well.

Please suggest.
Old 10th May 2010, 12:52   #2096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
I am planning to travel to Arasinamakki (Near Dharmasthala/Kokkada) next week.
I am not sure how is the road condition of Shiradi Ghat road.
Thinking of taking following route:
BLR-Hassan - Belur - Kottigehara - Charmadi Ghat - Belthangady - Kokkada
Given the weekend rush, holiday season Shiradi will be crowded. Not sure of road condtion in Charmadi as well.

Please suggest.
The NH 48 is in its best shape .Shiradi ghat is the one to take if you want to reach faster.

I havent driven on the Charmadi route ...so cant comment on that .
Old 10th May 2010, 16:15   #2097
BHPian

I feel, its time, the title of this "Notorious" thread be changed back its original.. as its no more an ART...
Shiradi Ghats are back to Great form guys!!! Did Kukke over the weekend.
Gundia to Kukke is a Breeze too.. wat with those surroundings.
Old 10th May 2010, 19:21   #2098
Senior - BHPian

Good to know the Shiradi is in great shape.

I plan to drive to Udupi on 26th morning.
How the stretch between Mangalore and Udupi. ? How is the construction work progressing ?
Old 10th May 2010, 19:32   #2099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Good to know the Shiradi is in great shape.

I plan to drive to Udupi on 26th morning.
How the stretch between Mangalore and Udupi. ? How is the construction work progressing ?
Its awesome as ever.I drove till Pangala in the last week .There are very negligible jams at Surathkal.Otherwise its a breeze.
Came across 3 "full"Udipi-Mangalore B7Rs within one hour
Old 10th May 2010, 20:03   #2100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
I feel, its time, the title of this "Notorious" thread be changed back its original.. as its no more an ART...
Well, such comments are usually heard every May, that is when the roads get finally fixed, every year.

Give a month, let the rains start. The thread title will again become very meaningful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks