Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2016, 17:23   #6766
BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Where in Bangalore are you heading to ?
One option is to take the turn off towards Magadi near Kunigal and avoid Nelamangala.
Koramangala

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
If you are traveling to South Bangalore its an good option. I took this option in first week of June on Monday found return was dogged by lots of company cabs and heavy local traffic near Thavarekere! You can maintain 60 kmph speed.
Will try above route.
Old 29th June 2016, 17:39   #6767
Senior - BHPian

This update is for someone who wants to travel to Hornadu/Kudremukha

Last weekend I had been to Horanadu.

Onward journey I took
BLR-CKM-Aldur-Balehonnur-Magundi-Balehole-Haluvalli-Horanadu
From Chikmagalur,This road is in fantastic conditions freshly tarred throughout and bliss to drive.
Return
Hornadu-Kalasa-Javali-Balur-Kottigehara-Mudigere-BLR
This route is also in good condition but narrow sometimes. Between Hornadu-Kottigehara it's deteriorating quite fast due to heavy rains. Potholes are about to pop out very soon.

Though route via Balehonnur-Magundi-Balehole is little far I would recommend this route.
Both routes are equally scenic.
I would prefer via Balehonnur as it's in Super conditions and wider than the route 2
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 13:00   #6768
Senior - BHPian

Any one travelled to Mangalore/Udupi in last one week? How is the ghat section roads post the last 2 weeks of rain?
Old 3rd July 2016, 14:28   #6769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Any one travelled to Mangalore/Udupi in last one week? How is the ghat section roads post the last 2 weeks of rain?
I don't think you should worry about Shiradi. It should be holding up well. My friend drove to Mangalore on yesterday and hasn't complained so far.

And even if these roads get bad, it will take a while to get to a situation when driving here would be a task to ask.

Enjoy the wet roads and weather in case you are planning that side any sooner.
Old 3rd July 2016, 19:36   #6770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Came back yesterday night.

The concrete part is holding up fine but after the concrete road (when you are travelling from Bangalore to mangalore) there are potholes, I got atleast 4 of them, problem is you can't judge them when it's raining, but the weather is awesome
Sri Vathsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 07:51   #6771
BHPian

Hello,

Has anybody taken the Charmadi route recently? How is it holding up this monsoon?
Old 4th July 2016, 15:02   #6772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Came back yesterday night.

The concrete part is holding up fine but after the concrete road (when you are travelling from Bangalore to mangalore) there are potholes, I got atleast 4 of them, problem is you can't judge them when it's raining, but the weather is awesome
Also, while returning had taken moodbidri - dharmastala route, about 20 kms before dharmastala 3 guys on a bike hit the right ORVM and sped away. They broke the ORVM with some rod kind of thing (couldn't notice as this happened within a second). Such losers! if this was a accident, i would had understood but this was done on purpose
Old 7th July 2016, 13:01   #6773
BHPian

We are planning for a two day trip from Bangalore to Mangalore/Udupi (2 cars - 8 guys). Our plan is to start by July 15 afternoon and return by 17th midnight. Reading through this thread, we are pretty clear about the route but listing few of my other doubts below.

1. Is it a good time to visit? We love the monsoons, but don't want to completely stay inside the hotel/resort for two days.
2. I find very few beach resorts online, can someone suggest few?
Old 8th July 2016, 16:46   #6774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewExperience View Post
We are planning for a two day trip from Bangalore to Mangalore/Udupi (2 cars - 8 guys). Our plan is to start by July 15 afternoon and return by 17th midnight. Reading through this thread, we are pretty clear about the route but listing few of my other doubts below.

1. Is it a good time to visit? We love the monsoons, but don't want to completely stay inside the hotel/resort for two days.
2. I find very few beach resorts online, can someone suggest few?
1>> Rains have been pretty consistent in the last 2-3 weeks. And generally when it rains, it pours. Rains have subsided a little in the last 2 days, but earlier this week rains were heavy.
Avoid packing your trip with too many things to do, so you get some slack time to alter plans in case it pours.

2>> Few here -
http://www.redrockresidency.com/ (North of Mangalore, right next to KREC/NITK) (Good)
http://www.summersands.in/ (South of Mangalore) (I like this place, visited a few times)
Samudra Darshan beach resort - http://www.avinashshetty.com/Mangalore_Web/index.html (North of Mangalore, before Surathkal)
http://www.theparadiseisle.com/ (@Malpe, near Udupi)
http://vazcobeachresort.com/ (South of Mangalore)
http://www.saivishram.com/ (140 Kms north of Mangalore)
http://www.wildwoodsspa.com/ (150 Kms north of Mangalore)
Shubbi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 18:21   #6775
BHPian

Travelled from Chennai to goa via mangalore and back via hubli.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-queries.html

route and road status in the above link
vijay shekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 00:33   #6776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
http://www.wildwoodsspa.com/ (150 Kms north of Mangalore)
Wild woods is good but it's not near a beach. It's on the backwaters and in the woods.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 14:54   #6777
BHPian

Returned from Mangalore yesterday after a week long stay for Eid. Started at 9:30 PM and reached bannerghatta road at 5:30AM.
It was raining cats and dogs in the ghat section. The condition of the roads before and after the concrete section have deteriorated to a large extent in a span of a week. There are some really huge pot holes. I must have counted atleast 12 cars with punctured tyres all along. Rains + Pot holed roads made it a tough drive.
fast_elegance is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 08:08   #6778
BHPian

Completed a weekend trip to Puttur.

The tarred roads in the ghat section have taken a pounding due to rains. Large and several potholes on the road. In certain sections, there are so many potholes that there is no going around them. The concrete section is in superb condition. As usual, the tolled section of this road is in supreme quality.

Over enthusiastic travellers parking on the roadside for taking pictures and selfies caused a couple of mini traffic jams.
Old 19th July 2016, 00:34   #6779
BHPian

Any update on the charmadi ghat conditions? I have another Mangalore round trip coming up this weekend and planning to take the Hassan - Belur - Charmadi - Mangalore route considering that the Shiradi conditions are deteriorating.
Old 21st July 2016, 13:31   #6780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Any update on the charmadi ghat conditions? I have another Mangalore round trip coming up this weekend and planning to take the Hassan - Belur - Charmadi - Mangalore route considering that the Shiradi conditions are deteriorating.
Did a Moodbidri to Bangalore trip on 18/07/2016 via Charmadi Ghat.

Road is in very good condition with low traffic. However, I did come across heavy rain and fog on the ghats, even at about 9 AM in the morning.
rahulb22 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks