Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 11:23   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
Diesel, More Noise level than petrol but acceptable with an average of 20 Kmpl.
I own and drive a Logan Petrol so I am aware of the engine sound level.

I have test driven a Logan Diesel in May 2011 and had kept an ear open for the engine sound level.

I can say that I did not find the engine sound to be higher in the diesel version compared to the petrol version.

Expect ~18 on highways and ~13 in the city for diesel as average kmpl compared to ~14 & ~10 for petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
Please do post your intial ownership report, would be the first verito on Team- BhP.
Would love to, time permitting but will not matter to me whether its the first one or the nth one for a Verito.

I just love the car and its VFM factor.
Old 14th June 2011, 00:16   #32
BHPian

ajay387 - I really appreciate the time you have taken to write your unbiased review on my dilemna. Thank you very much.

I am yet to come across a Logan user on TBHP who has something negative(other than it's looks) to say. Comparitively, almost every Manza user has spoken about its niggles.

The Elan version I am considering is the diesel one. They are offering me a Gold Care package ( 3yr, 30K km) where they pay for all my consumables ( engine oil, filters etc.) except battery and tyres. Additionally, the price includes a 2+2 warranty. If I add the cost of the extended warranty and 3 years maintenance cost to the Logan, the Elan is approx Rs. 25K more expensive than the Logan. The low differential is making me lean in favour of the Manza which I think I will surely reconsider in the light of your feedback.

Thanks again.
Old 14th June 2011, 01:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

If you simply compare the Engines, MANZA has the world renowed FIAT 1.3 turbo engine developing 90 bhP compared to 1.5 - 66 bhp Verito.

Torque figures are higher in Manza.
Interiors in Manza look much much better than Verito.

I dont think the middle passenger head rest is much needed, in fact it blocks your view while reversing.

Manza has better features.

IMO go for MANZA anytime.
Old 14th June 2011, 07:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

If you want a hassle free no nonsense car then go for Verito. It is a car certified as a rugged workhorse by none other than our friendly cab drivers. Manza has its share of niggles and issues. it claims to do a lot(in terms of providing features) but does do it properly.
Old 14th June 2011, 09:37   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
If you want a hassle free no nonsense car then go for Verito. It is a car certified as a rugged workhorse by none other than our friendly cab drivers. Manza has its share of niggles and issues. it claims to do a lot(in terms of providing features) but does do it properly.
So is the INDIGO.. There are 1653 Indigo Meru cabs in our city compared to 650 odd Logan Meru cabs...

I think we should not give judgement based on our Biased mindset..

Looks like the thread starter has already made his wise decision over here.

Srini, if you could please give us your inputs during your TD, it will help open our eyes to your perspective.
Old 14th June 2011, 10:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
The Elan version I am considering is the diesel one. They are offering me a Gold Care package ( 3yr, 30K km) where they pay for all my consumables ( engine oil, filters etc.) except battery and tyres. Additionally, the price includes a 2+2 warranty. If I add the cost of the extended warranty and 3 years maintenance cost to the Logan, the Elan is approx Rs. 25K more expensive than the Logan. The low differential is making me lean in favour of the Manza which I think I will surely reconsider in the light of your feedback.
Now that you have found out that the cost of Elan is just 25K more than a D6 - has brought me to a fork and now I do not know whether I should travel on a Verito-D6-Road or Manza-Elan-Road. I defer my purchase and await your decision and ownership review.
Old 14th June 2011, 18:14   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Logan was superior to the previous-generation Indigo. However, the Manza is a giant leap ahead....more like 2 full generations of the ol' Indigo. The Logan is too outdated by current standards and simply lacks in the "feel good" factor that one desires from a car. Sure, it's robust and all that, but when I sit inside, it looks like a car right out of the eighties.

The Manza is as contemporary as entry-level C segment sedans come. And that 1.3L diesel is a great engine, turbo-lag notwithstanding. The interiors are also well-designed & she makes for a great family car. My vote is for the Manza here.

Just ensure you get yourself the 4 year extended warranty package.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 18:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Well the Manza makes more sense to me too. The Verito on the inside seems like the most boring place one can be at.

I haven't driven the Diesel Logan, but on paper it looks pretty slow! 65 bhp on a car weighing 1140 kilos compared to 90 bhp on a car weighing 1200 kilos, kind of makes the performance bit obvious.

And I don't think any car south of 20 lacs beats the Manza's rear seat!

By the way, how much of highway running are you looking at?
Old 14th June 2011, 19:33   #39
BHPian

Frankly, not much of highway running. Most of it would be city driving. It's the TATA niggles that's making me have two thoughts on the Manza.
Old 14th June 2011, 20:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

See, from what I understand, the issues would be minor and not really absolute scene spoilers. Given that the service station is 2 minutes from your place, they shouldn't bother you much.
The Manza has a very plush ride at city speeds, and it won't be a deal breaker on the highway either. So you might as well go for the better interiors and oodles of cabin space.
PS: Being in Delhi, you don't care about what others think of your cars? Naiice!
Old 14th June 2011, 21:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
See, from what I understand, the issues would be minor and not really absolute scene spoilers. Given that the service station is 2 minutes from your place, they shouldn't bother you much.
The Manza has a very plush ride at city speeds, and it won't be a deal breaker on the highway either. So you might as well go for the better interiors and oodles of cabin space.
PS: Being in Delhi, you don't care about what others think of your cars? Naiice!
My wife is not bothered (and that's half the battle won.) The 2nd half is the decision between Manza & Verito where is the coin to toss?
Old 15th June 2011, 11:24   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
Whats the price of the gold care package ? Couldn't find any details from the manza website or net ! Can you please explain more !

According to Autocar Buyer's Guide, The Price's (Delhi)are
TATA Manza (Warranty - 2 years/ 75,000Km)
Safire Aura ABS - 6.93
Safire Elan - 7.76
Quadrajet Aura ABS - 7.99
Quadrajet Elan - 8.69

Mahindra Verito (Warranty- 2years / 50,000km)
D6 - 7.45

Mahindra too is offering a extended warrenty package.
Package 1: 3rd Year or up to 75,000 kms from date of delivery of new vehicle (whichever occurs first)
Verito Diesel
Rs 6900 - If opted within 90 days from sale of new car
Rs 7900 - If opted beyond 90 days but within expiry of original 2-year warranty of car

Package 2: 3rd and 4th Year or up to 10,0000 kms from date of delivery of new vehicle (whichever occurs first)
Verito Diesel
Rs 12,700 - If opted within 90 days from sale of new car
Rs 14,600 -If opted beyond 90 days but within expiry of original 2-year warranty of car

Details are available here

So if you add the price of extended warrenty(Pack2), the D6 will cost 7.60. Manza still stands at 8.69

And i dont think its fair to add the cost of the extended warranty and 3 years maintenance cost of Elan to Verito's price. A better way would be to list the price of car+ extended warrenty+ maintenance cost (4 years) for each car separetely and then compare, that would be fair.
Old 16th June 2011, 14:52   #43
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Raj, it is obvious that your heart beasts for the Manza Elan and your head is also almost there. You just wish to be sure of the call that you take for a reasonable period of time.

yep the verito is likely to have lesser niggles, but trust me while driving it every time a manza passes by you are going to look at it wishfully.

Also the Manza has the better engine, much better interiors and better looks in most eyes. Plus the warranty and maintenance package are well priced, available and will definately assure you.

Suggest you go for the Manza - It today is the highest selling vehicle in the TATA range save for the Nano in some months.

Verito needs better interiors and the effort to customise things like the wipers for the Indian market, reverse direction wipers mean poorer visibility from the drivers side, and when added to the poorer braking distance does not exactly translate to a safe drive.

M&M can do so much more to the Verito, we await the next version.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 18:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

Plus 1 to what ACM says.

Keeping the braking distance and other safety aspects in mind the comparison has become simpler.

Would you choose a car with lesser safety to save some possible niggles (when even the workshop is nextdoors)?

Most other factors which would be of value to you also seem to favour Manza.

Last edited by Poitive : 16th June 2011 at 18:39.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 22:16   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Raj, it is obvious that your heart beasts for the Manza Elan and your head is also almost there. You just wish to be sure of the call that you take for a reasonable period of time.

yep the verito is likely to have lesser niggles, but trust me while driving it every time a manza passes by you are going to look at it wishfully.

Also the Manza has the better engine, much better interiors and better looks in most eyes. Plus the warranty and maintenance package are well priced, available and will definately assure you.

Suggest you go for the Manza - It today is the highest selling vehicle in the TATA range save for the Nano in some months.

Verito needs better interiors and the effort to customise things like the wipers for the Indian market, reverse direction wipers mean poorer visibility from the drivers side, and when added to the poorer braking distance does not exactly translate to a safe drive.

M&M can do so much more to the Verito, we await the next version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Plus 1 to what ACM says.

Keeping the braking distance and other safety aspects in mind the comparison has become simpler.

Would you choose a car with lesser safety to save some possible niggles (when even the workshop is nextdoors)?

Most other factors which would be of value to you also seem to favour Manza.
Guys, thank you very much. This is really appreciated. I'm going in for the Manza!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks