Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2011, 18:08   #106
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
I am not at all sure. Cars which have been lying around in the stockyard for as long are prone to more issues/niggles. Tata anyway doesn't have the best reputation as far as the niggles go. I usually try to stay away from cars produced over 2-3 months back. Opinions may vary, of course.

Also bear in mind that the resale of the car too will be affected, if you buy and older model.
That is a good piece of advice and thanks for that. I had really overlooked the point of it dusting at the yards and the fact that it could have been used as a TD vehicle (atleast inside the yards, I was offered a TD of ANHV 1.4L Diesel in such a fashion).
Old 25th July 2011, 11:12   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
All, I paid an advance of Rs.50K to Galaxy Toyota this week for the VX variant of Etios. Delivery in 3 weeks. Will keep all of you posted. Thanks to all for your views on my thread. Much appreciated.

Special thanks to Poitive for his provoking thoughts.

I'll post my selection rationale when I start an ownership thread ( have been wanting to do it ever since I learnt so much from other threads)
Hey raj_srini. Heartiest congratulations on finally arriving at a decision. I'm sure you must be feeling lighter with the decision load off your mind. And welcome to the Etios club! IIRC, the thread barely discussed pros and cons of the Etios vs. other original contenders Manza and Verito. I'd say it's pretty prudent decision, with the disclaimer that I am an etios owner myself! Will be looking forward to your ownership thread for your decision rationale and ownership experience. We'll surely have a lot to share too.

Cheers.
Old 26th July 2011, 14:19   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All, I paid an advance of Rs.50K to Galaxy Toyota this week for the VX variant of Etios. Delivery in 3 weeks. Will keep all of you posted. Thanks to all for your views on my thread. Much appreciated.

Special thanks to Poitive for his provoking thoughts.

I'll post my selection rationale when I start an ownership thread ( have been wanting to do it ever since I learnt so much from other threads)
Congrats on the decision mate! Seems like a wise choice. Am not sure if I had brought the Etios before. Sorry in case I didn't.

Given a petrol is what you were looking at, this was one very practical choice. With you leaning towards the Fiesta Classic before, it seemed that that might not have been too good a pick, given what I could understand of your needs.

Wasn't excited with the visual appeal of the Etios, but beyond that it seems to have many positives. The size and space in the cabin were truly impressive. Puts many cars up to 15L to utter shame with the interiors space. Haven't TD it, but the petrol engine on this one is supposed to be very good.

Hope this retains the legendary Toyota reliability. It should be many many miles of peaceful driving.

Congrats again, Raj.

Party kabh hai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
That is a good piece of advice and thanks for that. I had really overlooked the point of it dusting at the yards and the fact that it could have been used as a TD vehicle (atleast inside the yards, I was offered a TD of ANHV 1.4L Diesel in such a fashion).
Partially OT: @Jakku, many cars we buy are used for a bit of TD here and there without our knowledge (the Odo cable often removed). My concern was with a vehicle lying around idle for as long.

OT: Did you TD the 1.4L ANHV at all? Maybe I missed it. In case you did, please post a report somewhere (Spacious Diesel Sedans thread?). Thanks.
Old 27th July 2011, 23:20   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Partially OT: @Jakku, many cars we buy are used for a bit of TD here and there without our knowledge (the Odo cable often removed). My concern was with a vehicle lying around idle for as long.
Yes I agree to that. I was reading elsewhere on the fate of a Cruze which was actually slated for delivery the next day. A customer who was wanting to TD a Cruze automatic was not able to find one at any of the dealers and after escalating to GM, one of the dealers arranged for a TD. The prospective buyer and his wife tried their hands on the vehicle and when wife was driving, one rick & 2-wheeler came in front of them. As she was driving an automatic for the fist time (she was using a Palio), quite naturally, the left leg also came onto the break along with right leg (luckily there were no one behind them). Coupled with the turning maneuver, they came to a screeching halt and inadvertently they tested the capability of ABS in that vehicle. This is when the SE told him that vehicle was slated for delivery next day. Now I really empathise the situation of the guy who got that vehicle the next day. I am sure he would not have come to know about this incident, but the fact of the matter is that his vehicle was actually tested to its limits by these guys. Without knowing this, the poor guy would have (most probably, not sure though) waited to complete the run-in period to push this beast to its limits. (Fun part is after all these halla-boolah, they bought a Linea T-Jet).
Quote:
OT: Did you TD the 1.4L ANHV at all? Maybe I missed it. In case you did, please post a report somewhere (Spacious Diesel Sedans thread?). Thanks.
No I have not got the test drive of even 1.6L ANHV. It seems Hyundai is now having a lot of bookings and is least cared of any new inquiry. Fiesta launch should ease the "pressure" on Hyundai !!! and to add to that Nissan Sunny is being launched by Oct (as per ACI) under 9L. This should actually fire up the competition in that bracket. Optra/ Linea/ SX4/ ANHV/ ANFF/ Sunny/ Vento wow great!!! Finally we are getting a good line of cars to choose from and hope these guys will start giving an ear to us.
Old 28th July 2011, 23:48   #110
BHPian

Correct me if I am wrong but is the Sunny really a Linea/Vento/City/SX4/ANFF/ANHV competitor? I always was under the impression that the Dzire/Manza/Fiesta Classic/Etios are more in sync with what the Sunny offers! And of course it had better be well under 9 lacs, if Nissan wants to sell it!
Old 29th July 2011, 04:02   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but is the Sunny really a Linea/Vento/City/SX4/ANFF/ANHV competitor? I always was under the impression that the Dzire/Manza/Fiesta Classic/Etios are more in sync with what the Sunny offers! And of course it had better be well under 9 lacs, if Nissan wants to sell it!
Not sure if this is the right place to discuss the Nissan Sunny. But who knows? Raj may have a change of mind

BTW, just to get a perspective on the Sunny - it's wheelbase is more than the Optra, Corolla Altis and Laura. It lacks on width when compared to these cars, however. Seeing the shape, seems there will be an issue with the headroom at the back. Legroom should be good.
Old 30th July 2011, 00:26   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure how much of a hurry you are in. And this can be an ongoing cycle, given the frequent launches we are seeing off late. But the Sunny may suit you quite a lot. ACI talks of it being in the 7-9L bracket, which may mean a base model at about 8 or so on road.

It should not have the built to cost feeling of the Etios (sorry to talk negative about a vehicle you have already booked and may be looking forward to). As said above, it has a long wheelbase and it should be a spacious cabin. The rear headroom may be an issue, if you have tall passengers in the rear seat. It looks fairly big in pictures and may have more appeal and road presence.

Time for some more research?

Or the other way to look at things is - Enough! No more reconsideration!!
Which would be pretty fair too, given the journey of changes you have had, Raj. And what you have chosen is pretty good. All the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
No I have not got the test drive of even 1.6L ANHV.
Thanks for the update, Jakku. I was wondering if you had forgotten to share it or what. Also, thanks for sharing that incident about the Cruze.
Old 30th July 2011, 03:24   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure how much of a hurry you are in. And this can be an ongoing cycle, given the frequent launches we are seeing off late. But the Sunny may suit you quite a lot. ACI talks of it being in the 7-9L bracket, which may mean a base model at about 8 or so on road.

It should not have the built to cost feeling of the Etios (sorry to talk negative about a vehicle you have already booked and may be looking forward to). As said above, it has a long wheelbase and it should be a spacious cabin. The rear headroom may be an issue, if you have tall passengers in the rear seat. It looks fairly big in pictures and may have more appeal and road presence.

Time for some more research?

Or the other way to look at things is - Enough! No more reconsideration!!
Which would be pretty fair too, given the journey of changes you have had, Raj. And what you have chosen is pretty good. All the best
I'm looking at it the other way, as you said I'm getting delivery next week. That's not a bad lead time from booking to delivery, if I get it at the promised time.
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:39   #114
BHPian

@mods - Would request you to change the titled of the thread to "Manza vs Verito and then comes the Etios & ANHC" given the state of my confusion

Update -
1) I cancelled my Etios booking. I should be getting refund of Rs.50K sometime next week.
2) I booked ANHC-S MT yesterday. Long story(culminating into Courtesy Honda giving a Rs.90K discount on the OTR Delhi price). Shall write a separate thread.

Thanks to all of you for giving your views

My 100th Post announcing the new arrival of ANHC

Last edited by raj_srini : 22nd August 2011 at 17:41.
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:48   #115
Senior - BHPian

lol this is a super thread Raj, i cant wait to hear how you got 90k slashed for the ANHC. I am also in the same boat now as you were sometime back but for me it has to be a oil burner
Old 31st August 2011, 22:40   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
lol this is a super thread Raj, i cant wait to hear how you got 90k slashed for the ANHC. I am also in the same boat now as you were sometime back but for me it has to be a oil burner
The sales executive was 3 cars short of meeting his target to go to Thailand (some sales scheme for Thailand trip). He gave me a good price. Tried negotiating further but no luck.

Took delivery of the car on 27th. Feels good!!

Quote:
Poitive - I took delivery on ANHC on 27th. Enjoying every moment. Shall post an ownership report shortly ( not as elaborate as VVS; but a crisp one summarising my decision rationale )

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Hey raj_srini. Heartiest congratulations on finally arriving at a decision. I'm sure you must be feeling lighter with the decision load off your mind. And welcome to the Etios club! IIRC, the thread barely discussed pros and cons of the Etios vs. other original contenders Manza and Verito. I'd say it's pretty prudent decision, with the disclaimer that I am an etios owner myself! Will be looking forward to your ownership thread for your decision rationale and ownership experience. We'll surely have a lot to share too.

Cheers.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I did cancel my Etios booking at the last moment as I got a sweet deal on ANHC. Took delivery on 27th and enjoying it to the fullest. Feels wonderful ! Shall post a report shortly.
Old 1st September 2011, 02:50   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 100th Post announcing the new arrival of ANHC
Quote:
Poitive - I took delivery on ANHC on 27th. Enjoying every moment. Shall post an ownership report shortly ( not as elaborate as VVS; but a crisp one summarising my decision rationale )
Wow, wow, wow! Finally!!!!!!

I think you deserve the 'Finally' tag as much as me. 3 bookings and now you are finally driving your new car. Heartiest congratulations mate. Sorry I missed the previous 100th post. Congrats for that too.
And remember, you have to take me out for a spin

Oh! Don't even try one as long as The VVS! LOL
At times, I too think I really overdid it. But there is still so much to talk about it. Looking forward to your report. If you remember, please PM me when you put it up. Thanks.
Old 1st September 2011, 10:31   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you, but I did cancel my Etios booking at the last moment as I got a sweet deal on ANHC. Took delivery on 27th and enjoying it to the fullest. Feels wonderful ! Shall post a report shortly.
Disappointed? No way. Absolutely delighted, actually! Remember, I'd suggested you some time back not to give up on ANHC as good deals were on the offer? ANHC is a great proven car, and the current price makes it even more attractive. On top of that, you've got a sweet deal! And Etios is not the car for everyone, especially when certain quality concerns are doing the rounds. Good decision and congratulations! Hope you enjoy every moment of your ownership. Now, I will be disappointed if you do not post a detailed ownership report soon!
Old 24th September 2011, 23:15   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Disappointed? No way. Absolutely delighted, actually! Remember, I'd suggested you some time back not to give up on ANHC as good deals were on the offer? ANHC is a great proven car, and the current price makes it even more attractive. On top of that, you've got a sweet deal! And Etios is not the car for everyone, especially when certain quality concerns are doing the rounds. Good decision and congratulations! Hope you enjoy every moment of your ownership. Now, I will be disappointed if you do not post a detailed ownership report soon!
Just sent a request to mods to shift my ownership report from the assembly line. .

@mods - Guess this thread can now be closed?
raj_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 08:27   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
yes sridhar what you said is right regarding the area of MANZA but the air from the AC vents was not chilling when compared to other tata cars. this is my personnel experience when i went for test drive. MANZA has large front and rear wind shield a good sun control film is inevitable.
I was about to buy Manza Aura Abs, test drove at 2 different dealers in Mumbai. The AC cooling of both the cars was Below Average.

That is why i have decided to go for Etios Diesel VD.
Regards,
Dr.Abhay Shah.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks