Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2011, 15:19   #16
BHPian

re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
As a Manza Owner, I would like to Point out a few +ves and -ves

+ves
-At that price point, the Manza interiors are very very nice.
-Ergonomics are Good! The power window switches and other switches easily fall in hand.

-ves
Usual Tata Niggles -Rattles, build quality etc
Turbo lag in the city

These are the few point that easily come to mind when i think of Manza. Maybe these can help you a bit.
@sai_ace - If I were to ask you now , given the same amount of money and being wiser with knowing how Manza is, would you buy Manza now/recommend to others? Sorry to put you in a spot, but I would value your view.
Old 12th June 2011, 16:40   #17
BHPian

It has to be the "Verito" without doubt.

I too had thought of Manza but the thought took all of 4 minutes to vanish in thin air. 4 minutes because that is the time it took me check out Manza's website. I do not need to see the Verito website as I know all the specs already. All this happened today morning.

I am also going in for a Verito, most probably, this week itself, and that too a D6 (hope I can find time to book it as I am neck deep is so many issues but do not wish to delay the buying decision anymore).

I am using a Logan for nearly 3 years now and can without doubt say that the car knows how to behave well under my command (wish I could say the same for my dog : with due respect to all pet owners).

It has done Hyd-Bom-Hyd, Hyd-Vga-Hyd, Hyd-Nag-Hyd and Hyd-Ndc-Hyd in the past 3 years without a single issue. I have posted 145 kmph with stock tyres and 160 kmph with the new Yokohama A-Drives that were installed recently.

Though my Logan is presently posted in the classifieds here on sale, I will, in all probability, withdraw it in the next couple of days and retain it if I do not get the asked price and then sell my Alto to be able to buy the Verito. I do need to dispose off one car to be able to buy a new one.

Regarding the servicing of a car, it is every 10K on the odo so 15 km every now and then will give you a good ride to work out the defect list for service and the return 15 km for testing the vehicle. A Team-Bhpian always love to drive so what is all this 15 km and all!

The only sore point of Verito is its taxi image and exterior shape but both do not bother me. I have travelled in Merc taxis in germany and Camrys in Dubai.

And, do remember to exchange the stock music system of the Verito with the showroom to a decent system as part of the deal that you enter into with them for buying of the vehicle.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 12th June 2011 at 16:45.
Old 12th June 2011, 18:17   #18
BHPian

@hyd_traveller - Thanks for your comments. Frankly, both the sore points that you have mentioned don't bother me as well. Just curious to know, what made you dimiss the manza in those 4 minutes of website visit?
Old 12th June 2011, 19:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
@Poitive - In fact, I was closely following your thread for a while. Had Optra in mind in between till my head shook it off. One test drive of Etios and that was enough for me to write it off my list of options. The only concern I have in my mind is the niggles in Tata vs relatively less niggles in Verito. With Tata workshop being close, I'm trying to rationalise my decision to go for the Manza.

Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.
@Raj, Am eager to know what about the Etios made you write off the Optra and if you took the TD of the Optra Diesel (It may be more appropriate for you to reply in the Spacious Diesel Sedan thread which has been renamed).

Choosing a car has a lot to do with one's personality. For some it is a more practical decision which can be taken more by numbers/points on spreadsheets. For others it is more intuitive and from the heart. At times, the 'from the heart' feeling is strong enough to make one accept the drawbacks the 'from the heart' choice brings in. After taking in all the suggestions you would get (the forum and otherwise), try and spend some time with yourself imagining you being in a Manza and seeing Veritos pass by and vice a versa. Also imagine spending time in their respective workshops, fuel pumps etc. Also using the car. You may get an answer. (suggestion partly based on some advice I was given on the Diesel sedan thread)

If you still are unclear, take long TD of both back to back.

Just my 2cents.

PS: How long do you intend keeping the car? My gut says that if it is upto about 1 lac or so, you may be happier with the Manza. If for much longer, with the Verito.
Old 12th June 2011, 20:01   #20
BHPian

@poitive - Sorry, they were unrelated. Optra and Etios had nothing to do with each other.

My head shook Optra out because of the high price tag. I did take it for a TD and would have bought Optra anyday had it come with a Manza price tag ( I'm being greedy). I then thought about a pre-owned Optra and then dismissed it in my head - Hell, I'm not going to buy an old one. who knows whether it was abused before or not.

Etios was out because of what it is. Interiors, ride quality, cabin noise etc...

I think I'll drive less than 1lac km.
Old 12th June 2011, 20:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My head shook Optra out because of the high price tag. I did take it for a TD and would have bought Optra anyday had it come with a Manza price tag ( I'm being greedy). I then thought about a pre-owned Optra and then dismissed it in my head - Hell, I'm not going to buy an old one. who knows whether it was abused before or not.
1. Using the Quote feature would send a PM to that member, so you should consider using it.

2. I too started my search with a Manza. Was almost sure that that is what I'd buy. One TD of the Optra put serious doubts had me drooling. The discounts made it worth considering it seriously. People on the forum have managed over 40k+10k (corporate) discount on the Optra. If you have an NCB on the insurance to transfer it would mean saving about half (or more?) the insurance cost as well. Not sure how much a Haryana registration works for you, but that should knock of another 10k-20k (guesstimate). The LS can possibly be squeezed in the 8.6+ (OTR Haryana) band after all discounts and adjustments, though that would be without ABS and Airbags (not sure how much you would want that, given Optra's power. It does have very good brakes. Refer to Smartcat's Sedans under 12L comparison thread).

3. About old Optras - I too was recommended one on the forum. Experience of forum members and logical suggestions and a tiny bit of research made me think that getting a good low use diesel Optra was very unlikely.

4. Hope I am not adding to the confusion. But a confusion which leads to a better and surer decision is often good .

PS: The FE of the Manza and Optra is similar as per Autocar figures.

Last edited by Poitive : 12th June 2011 at 20:35.
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 20:42   #22
BHPian

Re: Manza Or Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
8.6+ (OTR Haryana) band after all discounts and adjustments, though that would be without ABS and Airbags (not sure how much you would want that, given Optra's power. It does have very good brakes. Refer to Smartcat's Sedans under 12L comparison thread).

4. Hope I am not adding to the confusion. But a confusion which leads to a better and surer decision is often good .
1) The PM should hit you now
2) I had a terrible road accident a few years back and it was the humble seat belt which saved my life. I shudder to think what would have happened had the seat belt of Corsa been unreliable. I guess airbags add that additional layer of security in case you want to be doubly sure about your life in an emergency. For me, driver sideair bag is essential.
3) You are surely adding to the confusion, but keep it coming
Old 12th June 2011, 21:05   #23
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
@sai_ace - If I were to ask you now , given the same amount of money and being wiser with knowing how Manza is, would you buy Manza now/recommend to others? Sorry to put you in a spot, but I would value your view.
Hmmm. Not exactly a spot, but a pertinent question.

To be frank, if you saw other choices of mine, the Logan was never in the fray. Somehow could not digest the image of the brand, the design, the interiors.

The manza is based on a hatch, but it just seemed more grown up than the Logan.

Both the cars tick all the VFM boxes. The Logan seems more well built compared to the manza, but the manza is more flamboyant if i can use the word.

A slight comparison - when the polo interiors are compared to the i20, i can authoritatively say that it is solidly built, but i20 interiors seemed like a better place to be in daily. Its absolutely subjective.

So coming back to the question, having been wiser with the manza, I think I would still opt for the manza over the Logan/Verito simply because it satisfies my requirements I would also recommend it to others explaining it so.

In my case, this is our family's first 'new' car. Hence the niggles that we faced weren't bothering us much (touchwood). However for somebody who has already owned a reliable car before, such niggles in a new car would be unacceptable.

I hope i could throw some light, do feel free to ask me more questions.

cheers!
sai
sai_ace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 21:31   #24
BHPian

Hi,

If you can extend the budget, Manzas Elan will be the better choice as it has 2 airbags and all other features.
But, in the case of your original comparison of Manza ABS and Verito top end, I vote goes for Verito.
+ves
1. It has airbag atleast for the driver.
2. Negligible Turbo lag. Which is really useful in city use. Especially if your usage is more in city.
3. Better build quality.
4. All round visibilty from the drivers seat is better.
5. Better ride/ comfort than manza
6. Low in cabin noise.

-ves
1. Slightly heavier clutch.
2. Dull interior
3. Inconvenience in using the power windows switches
4. Left hand drive orientation of wipers.

My experience : Using a pre owned Logan for 13000 kms in last 9 months, after using a Palio 1.2 for 9 years.
Experience with Manza is limited to 1 or 2 test drives which I took before buying Logan.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th June 2011 at 22:16. Reason: Formatting tags removed. Please avoid copying directly from external editors.
Old 12th June 2011, 22:57   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
It has to be the "Verito" without doubt.

I too had thought of Manza but the thought took all of 4 minutes to vanish in thin air. 4 minutes because that is the time it took me check out Manza's website. I do not need to see the Verito website as I know all the specs already. All this happened today morning.
Surprising that you decide on cars based on how the website looks :-)
IMO, manza is anytime a better buy than an outdated verito. Verito is a 90's design and very dated. Add to that the ugly chrome plating at the back. Moreover with a service center next door, you cant beat the convenience. Go for a manza, its a no brainer.
Old 12th June 2011, 23:48   #26
BHPian

Like you said, both are VFM cars. The latest Manza is more value for money than a lot of other cars. I would go for the Manza.
Old 13th June 2011, 01:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2) I had a terrible road accident a few years back and it was the humble seat belt which saved my life. I shudder to think what would have happened had the seat belt of Corsa been unreliable. I guess airbags add that additional layer of security in case you want to be doubly sure about your life in an emergency. For me, driver sideair bag is essential.
Now I am not qualified to say what is safer and what is not. But you should search the forum for threads discussing ABS and Airbags. You may find some surprising opinions and information. If I remember correctly, there was also some talk about a survey in a EU country where some taxi's had ABS and the other didn't. The rate of accidents was similar. Logic: The ones with ABS drove with more risks, thinking that their vehicle had better brakes/safety. There was also some discussion on whether a car with ABS has a lesser Braking distance then Non-ABS models or vice-a-versa. It was surprise for me too. From what I remember, the ABS allowed better control of the car when the brakes were pushed all the way, ever though the braking distance may be more.

Please do your own research before going by anything I have said or will say on safety.

Quote:
3) You are surely adding to the confusion, but keep it coming
Now you asked for it mate, so here is another step:

In my books, a shorter braking distance (and stability/handling) would be more important than adding another layer (airbags) of safety when one already exists (seat-belt).

Refer to this :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1897090

Car - Braking Distance from 100kmph to 0kmph - Ranking on smartcat's thread from 26 cars

Logan Diesel: 65.1m - 24
Tata Manza 1.3 Diesel: 51.8 - 12
Chevy Optra Magnum Diesel - 49.5 - 6

The Optra has the shortest braking distance in that list amongst Diesels.

Now if we were just to consider the Logan and Manza with an eye on safety, it is clearly the Manza you should go for.

Since you want more confusion, will shortly add more to it

PS: About smartcat's thread linked above, please try and understand the methodology used and do NOT go blindly by the points. It is an over-simplistic model IMO and is a good source for data. How to interpret that data is very subjective.

Last edited by Poitive : 13th June 2011 at 01:34. Reason: grammar/typo, PS
Old 13th June 2011, 07:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious to know, what made you dimiss the manza in those 4 minutes of website visit?
Well, in those 4 minutes of browsing the Manza website :

1) I realised that features of Manza Aura(ABS) Quadrajet do not come up to my expectations compared to the features of Verito D6 though price wise both are comparable.

2) Price of Manza Elan Quadrajet is much higher than Verito D6 and if I can stretch my budget from a D6 to an Elan, I might as well stretch it a little more further and go for the "undisputed" Fiesta or SX4.

Anyway, the case is closed from my end and I have given my suggestion and have no intention to argue with anyone and suggest all to keep to the topic of giving their suggestions and help Raj Srini decide.

Now time that I got ready and went to the delaership to book my Mahindra Black Verito D6 and decide on the accessories list.
Old 13th June 2011, 08:15   #29
BHPian

I own a Manza and my neighbor a Logan. The little feedback is
- Logan is better built, better mileage, less niggles, no turbo lag, better ***, better handling and par ride
- Better interiors, wiper orientation, better looks (subjective), less cabin noise

If you can live with the Verito looks and interiors, it may be better VFM after the price revisions (Mahindra slashing rates and TML price rice). However, I am seeing some ads for serious discounts on the Manza).
Old 13th June 2011, 10:27   #30
BHPian

Adding my part of the confusion

Judging by your post these are your needs
1. Can spent a max of 7.5 (OTR) Delhi.
2. You want ABS for sure, airbags are most welcome.
3. Car will have max passenger of 4 (self, wife, two kids).
4. Looks are not a concern.

So what are the car's (sedans) that come with these.
Price Point
1. Verito D6 (Rs 7.45)
2. Manza Safire Aura ABS (Rs 6.93)
3. Manza Safire Elan (Rs 7.76)
4. Etios v (Rs 7.29)
Etios not considering, as after TD you dont like it.

Safety Point
Verito D6Manza Safire Aura ABS
  • ABS+EBD.
  • Regarding Crash Worthiness, no Info.
  • Braking 80-0KPH 27.0 m 2.54 s
Manza Safire Elan
  • ABS+EBD.
  • Dual Airbags.
  • Again No Info regarding crash worthiness.
  • Braking 80-0KPH 27.0 m 2.54 s
Comfort Point
Verito D6
  • From autocar reviews,Straightline stability is most likely best in class and the Logan sticks to its line with impressive resolve.The Logan rides better than cars like the Honda City, Hyundai Verna and Tata’s Indigo.
  • Interior, huge amounts of space but poor.
  • Less Gadgets goodies.
Manza
  • From Autocar reviews, It’s fair to say that the Manza with its relatively soft suspension has the best low-speed ride in its segment. However, at high speeds, the mushy suspension isn’t as impressive.
  • Interior, Huge and good.
  • Good amount of Gadgets goodies.
Now If go for Manza Elan
1. 7.76 spent, use the discounts available to get good seat covers (children), Sun Film (Delhi Heat), parking sensors and good speakers.
2.Petrol, Low noise levels, with an average 10-12Kmpl.
3. If any issues crop up, no problems as A.S.S nearby. By the way is the one near your home good one?

If you buy Verito D6
1. 7.45 spent, again use the discounts to buy good seat cover plus extra padding as verito seats are flat out, Good ICE, Parking sensor and Sun Film.
2. Diesel, More Noise level than petrol but acceptable with an average of 20 Kmpl.
3. Less issues to crop up due to its build quality.
4. The rear power windows switch won't be a problem since rear seats are to occupied by childern. If you want to change, you could do an aftermarket. Check this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2372041.

Please make and go through the list of get's and don't gets of both car in detail, and finally go to the showroom and TD with the whole family before buying.

If it was my money

I would go for Mahindra Verito D6
  • Build quality, ride and handling better than Manza, something i can't change after i buy a car.
  • Its a diesel gives an average of 20 Kmpl, also being diesel an unconscious urge will there to take the car to ride more often whereas in petrol the first thing to come to mind would be the price of fuel.
  • The Money i would save on fuel Bills can be use for small upgrades. Why burn it away when you can use it for creature comfort
  • Interior and ICE aren't great, Actually this is plus for me as the money saved on discounts and difference in price of car can be spend on it according to my taste.
  • Has got 9/10 on autoacar india.
  • And finally i see verito as a car on which i would love to do lots of DIY and small upgrades/changes whereas the manza looks like a complete package and doesn't urge me to change it, just buy and ride it type.
Would like to appreciate your decision to go for Car's having safety features

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Now time that I got ready and went to the delaership to book my Mahindra Black Verito D6 and decide on the accessories list.
Please do post your intial ownership report, would be the first verito on Team- BhP.

Last edited by ajay387 : 13th June 2011 at 10:41. Reason: spelling check
ajay387 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks