Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 22:34   #61
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Selling outside of the new car dealer should normally get you a better valuation for your old car even considering the loyalty / exchange bonus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Also suggest you look at other dealers to purchase your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Advertizing in newspaper classifieds would be a good idea. If taking too many calls is an issue, you could mention the expected price there itself.
Update - Thanks guys. Sold my old Corsa directly to an individual through an ad placed online at Car Dekho at 55K, circa 10K more than what the dealer had on offer.

After following through this thread carefully and having gone through failed commitments of one dealer, I've had a total 180 degree change of heart.

I'm now looking at selecting one of either Ford Fiesta or Honda City. Why? Reasons as below

1) I have started commuting to office via Delhi Metro. This will effectively reduce my annual km clocked from an avg of 12000 km per year to about 7000 km per year. For this kind of usage, I'm better off with a petrol car as opposed to a diesel car.
2) Manza petrol and Verito Petrol are not so powerful cars. This leaves me with Etios, Fiesta Classic, Accent as options in that price range and ANHC/ANHV/Vento in the higher price range.
3) Fiesta Classic stands out over Etios and Accent & ANHC stands out over ANHV and Vento.

I'm going to negotiate hard on Fiesta and ANHC and see where it takes me. I need to take a decision soon.

Thanks again for all your help guys. Truly appreciated.

Last edited by raj_srini : 23rd June 2011 at 22:36. Reason: Minor formatting corrections.
Old 23rd June 2011, 23:06   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
I'm going to negotiate hard on Fiesta and ANHC and see where it takes me. I need to take a decision soon.
Practical cost effective petrol car, if you aren't into hard driving and want comfort for two adults - Accent (think smooth Don't think it comes with safety features though)

If you DO like driving hard - Fiesta Classic (guess you did mean the classic. It does feel hardy too, unlike the other two)

If you don't mind spending more - Honda City.
A Wonderful car in many respects and likely to give you better resale. Spacious and well designed. Good FE. Doesn't give the hardy-car feel though. (likely have been my pick
if I were in your shoes).

Hope you did consider a scenario when you may not be travelling in the metro for some reason (change in office location, metro getting too crowded, etc).

Would you not want wait for the new Fiesta? Even the base is meant to have safety features.

Last edited by Poitive : 23rd June 2011 at 23:14.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:03   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Update - Thanks guys. Sold my old Corsa directly to an individual through an ad placed online at Car Dekho at 55K, circa 10K more than what the dealer had on offer.

After following through this thread carefully and having gone through failed commitments of one dealer, I've had a total 180 degree change of heart.

I'm now looking at selecting one of either Ford Fiesta or Honda City. Why? Reasons as below
I'm going to negotiate hard on Fiesta and ANHC and see where it takes me. .
Godd to hear that you got a good deal
May be you should ask the mods for change in thread title, to Fiesta classic V/s ANHC
Old 24th June 2011, 17:55   #64
BHPian

Hi raj srini, If you are looking for a complete package then Manza Elan has no comparison. Obviously if you are looking just for a power-packed sedan, then you can go for fiesta. But you won't get a deal like Manza because of the looks, space, comfort and the price-tag.
Old 26th June 2011, 17:59   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Practical cost effective petrol car, if you aren't into hard driving and want comfort for two adults - Accent (think smooth Don't think it comes with safety features though)

If you DO like driving hard - Fiesta Classic (guess you did mean the classic. It does feel hardy too, unlike the other two)

If you don't mind spending more - Honda City.
A Wonderful car in many respects and likely to give you better resale. Spacious and well designed. Good FE. Doesn't give the hardy-car feel though. (likely have been my pick
if I were in your shoes).

Hope you did consider a scenario when you may not be travelling in the metro for some reason (change in office location, metro getting too crowded, etc).

Would you not want wait for the new Fiesta? Even the base is meant to have safety features.
I did mean the Classic. The top end isn't available yet. But the CLXI version is at Rs.6.50 lacs OTR Delhi. The SLXI is going to take another 45 days to hit the market.

The Fiesta normal is beyond my budget.

ANHC OTR Delhi is Rs.8.40 lacs. No discounts this month. Even if they do offer discounts next month, it's not going to reduce the price substantially to equate with the Classic (I can't get that greedy).

I'm going to wait till the middle of next month to decide. Looks like it'll be the Fiesta Classic. If the top end arrives by then, that would be the model I will go for, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post
Hi raj srini, If you are looking for a complete package then Manza Elan has no comparison. Obviously if you are looking just for a power-packed sedan, then you can go for fiesta. But you won't get a deal like Manza because of the looks, space, comfort and the price-tag.
You are right, which is why I almost fell for it. I'm glad I had a failed dealer experience because it made me think about my need. For the mileage I clock, diesel does not make sense. And I am not a fan of the Manza petrol. As I said, it really drags. I was not impressed with the car when I TD'ed the petrol version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
Godd to hear that you got a good deal
May be you should ask the mods for change in thread title, to Fiesta classic V/s ANHC
In hindsight, the title should be "Still confused!".

I think ANHC is overpriced. the dealers are not giving any discounts over OTR Delhi prices this month and even if they do, I guess the price won't come anywhere near the Fiesta. It's got to be a petrol sedan now with my metro rides.

The choices at the sub Rs. 7 lacs range? Fiesta classic, Accent, Verito, Manza ..??

Quote:
Hmm... good question. Honestly I have not thought about this as of now, but the metro rides in the morning are indeed very crowded. If I do decide to abort metro a few days of the month, that would be 25kms a day extra. No enough again, I think, to justify a diesel car... I think I have got one thing clear now... It's got to be a petrol car.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th June 2011 at 19:50. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 26th June 2011, 18:30   #66
BHPian

I think if you want to go for Petrol then ANHC and if you want to go for Diesel then Mahindra Verito. Given the current fuel prices I would have gone for the Verito, it's spacious and well built, the AC is good too, magziens like Autocar and all praises for the Logan, and the ANHC is no doubt a good car, but it's a boring car in my view, that's a personel opinion though.
Old 26th June 2011, 19:50   #67
BHPian

If you are spending 8+ lakhs on a Honda City, why not try the Vento or the Linea? They are pretty solid european models that offer premium features, and are much better when it comes to looks. You might also try the SX4 diesel, although it is slightly more expensive. But it has the Maruti service advantage.
In fact, upon crossing the 8 lakh barrier, a lot many options open up, including the Hyundai Verna Petrol.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 26th June 2011 at 19:54.
Old 26th June 2011, 23:46   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I think if you want to go for Petrol then ANHC and if you want to go for Diesel then Mahindra Verito. Given the current fuel prices I would have gone for the Verito, it's spacious and well built, the AC is good too, magziens like Autocar and all praises for the Logan, and the ANHC is no doubt a good car, but it's a boring car in my view, that's a personel opinion though.
The looks and the dated design of the verito has been beaten to death and that is perhaps why I'm not too inclined buying it. ANHC is a bit beyond my budget despite the price cut.
Old 26th June 2011, 23:48   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
If you are spending 8+ lakhs on a Honda City, why not try the Vento or the Linea? They are pretty solid european models that offer premium features, and are much better when it comes to looks. You might also try the SX4 diesel, although it is slightly more expensive. But it has the Maruti service advantage.
In fact, upon crossing the 8 lakh barrier, a lot many options open up, including the Hyundai Verna Petrol.
Not beyond 7 lacs(preferred). Definitely not beyond 7.50 L. At this price range, I'm hoping I get the new fiesta classic SXI petrol (which is still not out yet)
Old 27th June 2011, 01:45   #70
Senior - BHPian

@Raj, IMO, between the Fiesta Classic (I did TD the diesel, though with little interest), Accent, ANHC and the Manza, it is the Manza and ANHC which have tbe best cabin space and comfort. We can rule out the ANHC due to the price. You may want to reconsider the Manza diesel, as even if we don't focus on the fuel used, it would give you the best cabin (even more so if you are talk/largely built) and be within your budget. The only gripe with it was that the footwell for the driver didn't seem large enough. Though it seems it doesn't bother most people, I found the gear changes a bit more frequent than I'd personally like. You would also be with a very competent and acclaimed engine.

Your decision for a petrol seemed to be based on not having enough usage. Now if a Manza diesel checks all the right boxes, even if it is a diesel, why not go for it? It is also likely to fetch you higher resale, if that matters. Even more so, if it runs as less as you expect it to.

Well, that was just some food for thought.
Old 27th June 2011, 13:14   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not beyond 7 lacs(preferred). Definitely not beyond 7.50 L. At this price range, I'm hoping I get the new fiesta classic SXI petrol (which is still not out yet)
I was in a pretty similar dilemma only a few months ago. And I arrived at the same conclusion as you - the Fiesta!
However, I ended up buying the Jazz instead. I would definitely recommend this car to you as you are interested in a petrol mill. Please do have a TD; currently discounts are being offered and I think even the base version covers all your requirements. I agree it is a bit thin on the feature list, but IMHO it is in fact VFM considering the space and comfort it offers. Of course, if you dont liek it you can go back to the Fiesta
Old 27th June 2011, 13:31   #72
BHPian

Quote:
1) 4 people would travel ( 2young kids, wife & self)
=======================
Appreciate your thoughts.
what you said regarding manza is right the price and color. can anyone tell the AC cooling power of manza comparing with verito. i feel manza is less in cooling power compared to others.
Old 27th June 2011, 19:16   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
what you said regarding manza is right the price and color. can anyone tell the AC cooling power of manza comparing with verito. i feel manza is less in cooling power compared to others.
In case you are considering the Verito, do consider another very important aspect which was brought up before on this thread (or maybe the Driven! thread). The 100-0 braking distance of the Verito is much longer than most other cars.
Old 27th June 2011, 21:27   #74
BHPian

Quote:
In case you are considering the Verito, do consider another very important aspect which was brought up before on this thread (or maybe the Driven! thread). The 100-0 braking distance of the Verito is much longer than most other cars.
OMG not good for me i am dropping verito from my list.
one thing i wanted to know is the AC cooling power of MANZA, is it chilling like the indica ones. what i felt regarding manza is that it has less cooling capacity when compared to other vehicles of tata.
Old 27th June 2011, 21:31   #75
BHPian

Quote:
@Raj, IMO, between the Fiesta Classic (I did TD the diesel, though with little interest), Accent, ANHC and the Manza, it is the Manza and ANHC which have tbe best cabin space and comfort. We can rule out the ANHC due to the price. You may want to reconsider the Manza diesel, as even if we don't focus on the fuel used, it would give you the best cabin (even more so if you are talk/largely built) and be within your budget. The only gripe with it was that the footwell for the driver didn't seem large enough. Though it seems it doesn't bother most people, I found the gear changes a bit more frequent than I'd personally like. You would also be with a very competent and acclaimed engine.

Your decision for a petrol seemed to be based on not having enough usage. Now if a Manza diesel checks all the right boxes, even if it is a diesel, why not go for it? It is also likely to fetch you higher resale, if that matters. Even more so, if it runs as less as you expect it to.

Well, that was just some food for thought.
Well, I was having a chat with my fellow colleague in Mumbai today. She bought the Manza 10 months back and was cursing it left, right and centre. I think she got more than a fair share of Tata niggles in the car, ranging from rattling dashboards to "Tuk Tuk" sound from the suspension and frequent electrical issues. I'm increasingly getting put off with the potential likelihood of a similar problem with me if I go in for the Manza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I was in a pretty similar dilemma only a few months ago. And I arrived at the same conclusion as you - the Fiesta!
However, I ended up buying the Jazz instead. I would definitely recommend this car to you as you are interested in a petrol mill. Please do have a TD; currently discounts are being offered and I think even the base version covers all your requirements. I agree it is a bit thin on the feature list, but IMHO it is in fact VFM considering the space and comfort it offers. Of course, if you dont liek it you can go back to the Fiesta
Thanks selfdrive. I'll TD the vehicle shortly. Hatch does not tick the right boxes for me but who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
A few Manza threads here in TBHP brought about this issue, but the cooling issues were fixed by the Tata dealers. So may be it is not a big issue.

Quote:
I must say Verito ticks the right boxes other than dated looks and sad interiors. The 100-0 braking distance is something I am not too bothered about. ( I would like to think that I am a sedate driver)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks