Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 22:32   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Manza versus Mahindra Verito

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
OMG not good for me i am dropping verito from my list.
one thing i wanted to know is the AC cooling power of MANZA, is it chilling like the indica ones. what i felt regarding manza is that it has less cooling capacity when compared to other vehicles of tata.
It seems that was the same reason Raj dropped it from his list too (while he was on Manza vs Verito and could not make up his mind).

A lot of us talk about safety 'features' like ABS and Airbags etc, but forget to focus on some basics - Good brakes, good tyres (selection and maintenance), proper tyre pressure, besides how the car handles in more extreme situations (swerving and harsh braking) and of course always wearing seat belts (admittedly, I don't wear them when in the rear seat myself). Preventive safety is very important.

My experience of the Manza was limited to a couple of TD's. The AC didn't stand out - neither being bad, nor being brilliant.

While comparing AC's of different cars, keep in mind the ambient temperature and also how long the car was parked, especially under direct sunlight. Also consider that people's ratings (of good/bad) are also dependent on how much they are paying for the car. What may feel very good to someone using the Alto as the other car, may feel very poor to a BMW user.
Old 28th June 2011, 11:19   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
It seems that was the same reason Raj dropped it from his list too (while he was on Manza vs Verito and could not make up his mind).

A lot of us talk about safety 'features' like ABS and Airbags etc, but forget to focus on some basics - Good brakes, good tyres (selection and maintenance), proper tyre pressure, besides how the car handles in more extreme situations (swerving and harsh braking) and of course always wearing seat belts (admittedly, I don't wear them when in the rear seat myself). Preventive safety is very important.

My experience of the Manza was limited to a couple of TD's. The AC didn't stand out - neither being bad, nor being brilliant.

While comparing AC's of different cars, keep in mind the ambient temperature and also how long the car was parked, especially under direct sunlight. Also consider that people's ratings (of good/bad) are also dependent on how much they are paying for the car. What may feel very good to someone using the Alto as the other car, may feel very poor to a BMW user.
i totally agree with you regarding brakes. Regarding AC i have compared with my indica V2. both the cars were at same location and the temperature inside both the cars were nearly the same since both were kept open for a good amount of time. But the AC in Manza was poor in cooling the car. In manza the amount of time taken to cool the car was more (the blower speed was at MAX and temp setting at MAX cold) compared to Indica. this makes me feel the ac is bad in MANZA.
please put forward your views regarding this.

Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 00:09   #78
BHPian

@Harryms
I own a Manza and I don't find any issues with the AC even in Chennai. A good sun film is the key. Before my second service, the a/c effectiveness was a bit down and got addressed during second service. You may also note that the cabin space of Manza is quite large when you compare it with Indica.
Old 29th June 2011, 01:51   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
In manza the amount of time taken to cool the car was more (the blower speed was at MAX and temp setting at MAX cold) compared to Indica. this makes me feel the ac is bad in MANZA.
please put forward your views regarding this.
Please don't base any opinion about any car on one example. Try it out in more Manzas. Taking cues from people who own the car (like Sridhar K above) would be useful.

Also bear in mind that, at times putting the blower in full is counter productive. Ideally one should put the windows down for a while and keep the blower to a low setting (1-2). It allow for some air circulation - to get the hot air trapped in the cabin to go out (even in 40C+ temperatures). Also allows the cooling coils to get cooled better and faster (as there is lesser air passing through them with a lower blower setting).

I don't know how if the fans of Indica and Manza are of the same capacity (CFM). I suspect Manza would be of a higher capacity, which may could work against it, as mentioned above.

PS: I am no expert on this matter. What I said is from experience, layman understanding and what I read on some car manuals.

Last edited by Poitive : 29th June 2011 at 01:53.
Old 29th June 2011, 12:24   #80
BHPian

The purpose of my posting regarding MANZA ac is for getting opinion and fact about the cooling power of ac from other members (i think i have clearly mentioned it in previous posts). Regarding your note on temp inside the cabin i have already stated clearly about it in my posting ("both the cars were at same location and the temperature inside both the cars were nearly the same since both were kept open for a good amount of time"). Hope this help you in understanding it better. as you said i too expected MANZA's ac as of higher capacity than other tata models but in the car which i took test drive failed to impress me. To best of my belief i had read some postings in team bhp regarding the ac cooling power issues in MANZA. that is the reason why i checked the car for the ac cooling power.

thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 14:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Please don't base any opinion about any car on one example. Try it out in more Manzas. Taking cues from people who own the car (like Sridhar K above) would be useful.

Also bear in mind that, at times putting the blower in full is counter productive. Ideally one should put the windows down for a while and keep the blower to a low setting (1-2). It allow for some air circulation - to get the hot air trapped in the cabin to go out (even in 40C+ temperatures). Also allows the cooling coils to get cooled better and faster (as there is lesser air passing through them with a lower blower setting).

I don't know how if the fans of Indica and Manza are of the same capacity (CFM). I suspect Manza would be of a higher capacity, which may could work against it, as mentioned above.

PS: I am no expert on this matter. What I said is from experience, layman understanding and what I read on some car manuals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
@Harryms
I own a Manza and I don't find any issues with the AC even in Chennai. A good sun film is the key. Before my second service, the a/c effectiveness was a bit down and got addressed during second service. You may also note that the cabin space of Manza is quite large when you compare it with Indica.
yes sridhar what you said is right regarding the area of MANZA but the air from the AC vents was not chilling when compared to other tata cars. this is my personnel experience when i went for test drive. MANZA has large front and rear wind shield a good sun control film is inevitable.
Old 29th June 2011, 22:14   #82
BHPian

I would like to share a brief history of my Manza experience. I bought the Manza Elan Quadrajet in the first week of May (silver colour) and was very happy with it for about a week. After a week, one day while I was driving on the highway, I hear a squeaky sound. I ignored it as I thought it was something minor. It continued for a few days after which I took it to the dealer. They inspected the car and found that the steering rack had given way (in just 600kms)!! I was shocked and asked them to replace it under warranty; which they did. After 2 weeks, when my driver was driving the car and I was sitting at the back, there was a sudden "thud" sound and suddenly the car sank at the back. Found that the springs and shock absorbers had given way. Took it to the dealer again, and shockingly the dealer flatly refused to change the springs under warranty. Despite knowing someone in a high position in Tata Motors, they did not replace it under warranty.

Move on to June 2nd week. When I was driving to work, the plastic below and on the side of the steering wheel, suddenly fell down onto my feet. Luckily there was no one speeding behind me and I could stop the car and remove it (it came right in the way of the pedals). Later that evening, as I was returning home, the car seemed very sluggish after 2k rpm. Normally, with the turbo coming on at 1750, it zooms ahead. But this was not the case, instead it was really very slow. Took it to the dealer yet again and found that the whole turbo had given way. They replaced it but I had to pay 20% of the amount. This occured at 1700kms.

Also, as many have written above, A/C cooling is very poor in the Manza.

I think it is really ridiculous that such major problems occur with such few kilometers done. I am really disappointed with Tata. They promised me seamless service when I took the car, and now they have gone back on their word. I really wish I had now waited for the new fiesta.

Just thought I would share my experience with you guys!
Old 30th June 2011, 02:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
I would like to share a brief history of my Manza experience. I bought the Manza Elan Quadrajet in the first week of May (silver colour) and was very happy with it for about a week.
Your experience is shocking to hear. Really is. Why would they want you to pay up 20% for the Turbo when the car has barely run? And make you pay for the springs and shock absorbers.

At times like this, it is best to talk to the top guys in the company. I would suggest you write and email to Ratan Tata himself (or to his secretary) if you can manage that. Putting this up in other Tata/Manza threads and seeking the email address may be of use.

If you can get in touch with the Top brass at Tata and reasonably prove your case with suitable documents, I expect they would take care of the costs you may have incurred. You could even start with saying that you expect the car to be replaced. IIRC someone I know did have his Mahindra vechicle replaced (was probably in the first batch of Scorpio, but am not at all sure), by getting in touch with Anand Mahindra; so you could get lucky too.

Last edited by Poitive : 30th June 2011 at 02:20.
Old 30th June 2011, 06:08   #84
BHPian

Its shocking account of your brief but horrific experience with Manza. It is evident that you have received a lemon.

Please go to consumer court. This is not the age in which you deserve this quality to land at customer end.
Old 30th June 2011, 08:33   #85
BHPian

On the chillness of the air coming out of the A/C vent, I guess it needs frequent maintenance. It was very good when I first bought it and then the chillness reduced by the time of second service. They addressed it during second service so far with no problems. The a/c chillness is far better than my earlier getz but perhaps other cars have better A/C.

@Carfreak: Sorry to hear your plight. Please take it up with Tata's first before going to consumer court. I wrote a mail to the customer care over my plight with the dealer during delivery and so far I have not received even a single acknowledgement (6 months). However, did not pursue it further. Would suggest that you put your experience as a separate thread in this forum and also update the Manza facebook page so that google searches on Manza throw up your issues first. Then Tata will respond.

Manza's biggest let down is the build quality. Elan and the refurbish on other models addresses a few small cosmetic design issues but there is no improvement in build quality. At least the earlier versions were cheaper and VFM unlike the refurbish. PDI is very important but you may still end up with a lemon.
Old 30th June 2011, 18:14   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
I would like to share a brief history of my Manza experience. ......!
@carfreak: I'm getting increasingly dissuaded with the Manza with such experiences. Thanks for sharing.

I think I'll wait for the Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXI Petrol version to be out. The dealer told me that he may have an update in July. If the pricing is sensible, I'm inclined to go for it, notwithstanding the low resale price.

In addition to getting in touch with senior people in Tata, try using the contact us page in tata motors as well. You should get some documented response from there too.

Last edited by raj_srini : 30th June 2011 at 18:16.
Old 2nd July 2011, 00:08   #87
BHPian

@carfreak:- I am really sorry to hear with your fate with Tata Service. Even I had a similar incident with their A.S.S for my Indica Xeta where the service engineers had filled in engine oil instead of brake fluid and screwed up the entire braking system. Since there is a huge difference in the viscosity of the fluids, the master cylinder got damaged and I had to get it repaired. They have some wonderful products, but these kind of incidents will only help in killing it.
Old 2nd July 2011, 00:56   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
Even I had a similar incident with their A.S.S for my Indica Xeta
@Jakku, did you email the company about this?
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:36   #89
Team-BHP Support

Aren't their better Cars than Verito and Manza in that price band?

Fiesta Classic is what springs to mind. SX4 Vdi is a good option too along with Linea.
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:41   #90
BHPian

Quote:
@Jakku, did you email the company about this?
@Poitive. Nope, I did not do that. That was back in 2008 and in between my marriage time (just took the vehicle back from service the day before my marriage). This issue got dissolved in between the "hulla-bulla" of marriage and moreover I found out a good workshop (not authorised, but run by a Ex-Service Manager of Tata A.S.S) and got the issue resolved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks