Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 16:43   #16
BHPian

Re: ANHV vs Corolla Altis

On hindsight, have you ever though of the Altis Petrol? Assuming you look at the G model, its approximately a lakh lesser (ex-showroom price) than the diesel and the money you save can be used to pay for some accessories and also pay the fuel price differential for the next couple of years.
Old 11th July 2011, 18:01   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
On hindsight, have you ever though of the Altis Petrol? Assuming you look at the G model, its approximately a lakh lesser (ex-showroom price) than the diesel and the money you save can be used to pay for some accessories and also pay the fuel price differential for the next couple of years.
I agree that the petrol version is cheaper. Almost by 1.2 L. But the whole reason for changing is the higher running cost of our NHC which returns us a FE of around 10-11. With a running of 1500kms/month the difference becomes quite considerable. And I am assuming that in the near future the cost of petrol will only increase more and more compared to diesel. Blame it on our govt policies.
Old 11th July 2011, 18:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

With 1500 Kms a month and price difference of 1.2L the break even would be close to 2 years (Considering Petrol INR 72 and Diesel INR 45 and Petrol Eff @ 10Kms/Lt and Diesel Eff @ 15Kms/Lt).

Which is a good case of buying a Diesel.
Old 11th July 2011, 19:08   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
With 1500 Kms a month and price difference of 1.2L the break even would be close to 2 years (Considering Petrol INR 72 and Diesel INR 45 and Petrol Eff @ 10Kms/Lt and Diesel Eff @ 15Kms/Lt).

Which is a good case of buying a Diesel.
Yup thats why I narrowed down the choices to either the ANHV or the Altis Diesel. The price difference between the 2 is 4.5L in the OTR price.
Old 11th July 2011, 20:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Neither.
So you have finalised on the upcoming Jetta. Well in that case it is sensible to strike out Vento.

ANHV is not at all for being chauffeur driven. The rear seat is highly uncomfortable. There is no thigh support, the window lines are very high to give a claustrophobic feel.
even the space is not in the league of ANHC / Vento.

Altis? Are you sure you want to buy it?
It has a punny little engine. Even a Figo can smoke the Altis D4D.
If you really want to buy it, atleast wait for the next generation. It should be nearby.

On a separate note, I think instead of going for Altis (NEW) and the Jetta, you can also go for
1) Manza + Passart/Superb
2) Vento + Yeti/Laura
Old 11th July 2011, 20:43   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Neither.
So you have finalised on the upcoming Jetta. Well in that case it is sensible to strike out Vento.
Exactly how I feel. Yea the Jetta is more or less final unless they come out with real obscene pricing. If launched close to the current price point I am ready with my cheque.

Quote:
If you really want to buy it, atleast wait for the next generation. It should be nearby.
Thats the troubling fact. Even if for a minute I ignore the specs as my dad strictly believes in sedate driving. His is the car that you will see driving casually in the right lane in accordance with the car in the front. But then for 15.4L I dont even get leather seats. No electrically adjusted seats, No auto dimming mirror etc.
Whats this about a new version? Can you elaborate a little more on it?

Quote:
On a separate note, I think instead of going for Altis (NEW) and the Jetta, you can also go for
2) Vento + Yeti/Laura
Thats what we thought too. But trust me with all due respect to Tata and Mahindra, there is a palpable difference between Manza and a C+ segment car. Or even Manza and NHC that my dad currently drives. The car had oodles of space and is fantastic for that price though.

Last edited by drmohitg : 11th July 2011 at 20:44.
Old 11th July 2011, 21:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think is will be wise to get the passart first and then the other car. If by some means you don't like Passart you will be regretting, why I did not buy the Vento.

Pardon me for saying this but at 15L a car, a big car, with a 1.4L Engine is a joke. No matter who drives it, be it a chauffeur, be it your Dad you are not getting your money's worth. Sure it has the T badge, but it does not provide Value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Whats this about a new version? Can you elaborate a little more on it?
All I remember it is going to come up with a new diesel powerplant. A more powerful one.
Electrically adjusted seats, No auto dimming mirror, Leather seats I am not sure if these will be provided. But there is a probability.
Old 11th July 2011, 21:03   #23
BHPian

Hi drmohitg,

As to your dad's car I would sincerly suggest the Altis. Simply put, that will be the car he will be happier with. With its soft suspension and good rear seats, he will enjoy the city drive even in the chaotic traffic that plagues Indian cities.
And since he doesn't really have the need for speed, the smaller engine of the Altis won't bother him.
Let him take a TD of both the cars and lets see what he thinks. After all, he will spend a lot more time in the car than you will.

Good choice going for the Jetta!! The car is quite a looker and is a teeny bit bigger than the current model as well!!
Old 11th July 2011, 21:31   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=oxyzen;2425922]
Quote:
I think is will be wise to get the passart first and then the other car. If by some means you don't like Passart you will be regretting, why I did not buy the Vento.
You mean the Jetta I guess. Well I am looking at the MT jetta. If somehow it doesnt fit the bill then its going to be a cruze as this car will be driven by me and my sister.

Quote:
All I remember it is going to come up with a new diesel powerplant. A more powerful one.
Electrically adjusted seats, No auto dimming mirror, Leather seats I am not sure if these will be provided. But there is a probability.
There were such rumors even in last year end. Infact we had decided to buy the Altis that time and these rumors made me postpone the decision thinking that post Etios launch they will introduce a new engine. So do you have any idea if this is actually true? In that case I dont mind waiting for some more time.
Old 11th July 2011, 22:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mean the Jetta I guess. Well I am looking at the MT jetta.
Yes the Jetta. Sorry My bad

Quote:
So do you have any idea if this is actually true? In that case I dont mind waiting for some more time.
I know for sure it is true.
What I dont know is when it will be launched.

If you are ready to spend 15L for a Diesel why not spend 12L for a petrol. The 3L + Interest will save you at least 6 yrs of Fuel.

If you are serious about Diesel
Better wait for New Altis.
Fluence also falls in this category. But I wont recommend the diesel.
Tiny engine and lacks features. Very spacious though.
Old 11th July 2011, 23:09   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I know for sure it is true.
What I dont know is when it will be launched.

If you are ready to spend 15L for a Diesel why not spend 12L for a petrol. The 3L + Interest will save you at least 6 yrs of Fuel.

If you are serious about Diesel
Better wait for New Altis.
The equivalent middle variant of petrol Altis is only a lac cheaper. Its 14.3 L OTR in delhi. Diesel is 15.4L. Well but then I am going to wait. I just cant digest the fact of buying a car and then realising within 6 months that a newer version has come. Lets wait for the Jetta then. Hopefully some news regarding the Altis also might come in by that time.
Old 12th July 2011, 00:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Good decision.
Sorry for delaying your purchase.
Old 12th July 2011, 01:03   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good decision.
Sorry for delaying your purchase.
Haha. Well I am guessing its delayed till the jetta comes in. Though I have really started thinking of buying one jazz out of the 2 cars we intend to buy after the massive price cut today.
Old 12th July 2011, 02:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Neither.

ANHV is not at all for being chauffeur driven. The rear seat is highly uncomfortable. There is no thigh support, the window lines are very high to give a claustrophobic feel.
even the space is not in the league of ANHC / Vento.

2) Vento + Yeti/Laura
I simply dont get it,does that make Figo a superior car
0-100 timings arent everything,and FYI Figo is slower.
agreed about toyota being slower,but it scores on driveability,refinement and FE,and its a comfortable cruiser,and best for those who are going to be driven in,which is the primary requirement of the OP here.
Old 12th July 2011, 03:36   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Altis is preferred being chauffered. I haven't tried ANHV, but travelled a lot in Old Corolla & New Altis. Rear seat comfort is better than NHC.

Quote:
....Its a very old design. The future of the car is also not very clear. So its kind of ruled out.
But it is worth considering. AFAIK Chevy doesn't come up with any plan for Optra replacement in near future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks