Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of the following cars would you buy?
Honda City (non-vtec) 75 24.75%
Chevy Aveo 1.6 49 16.17%
Ford Fiesta 1.6 82 27.06%
Baleno Vxi 97 32.01%
Voters: 303. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2006, 21:06   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Please also see the ratio of Votes. On the other poll it is 83/56 = 1.48
Here it is 38/22 = 1.72.

So while on that poll only 48% more persons like Fiesta compared to Baleno, here it is 72% more..so on this Poll, Baleno is performing Better compared to Fiesta....
remember, more the options / competition, lesser the market share of any Brand..and this voting is no different.
IMHO...it just goes on to show the loyalty that Baleno users have with the car.... that it is performing much better compared to Fiesta even in a scenario when users have been given a choice.
Correction....I mean Baleno compared to Fiesta and not Fiesta Compared to Baleno...as I ended up writing
Old 7th April 2006, 21:37   #62
Senior - BHPian

Life would be really boring if all of us had the same tastes and bought the same cars...

Maybe there isnt unity in diversity.. but there is definetely beauty in diversity. Thank god we have our own different opinions on which car to buy !!
Old 8th April 2006, 13:53   #63
LLL
BHPian

Aveo vs Fiesta

CNN-IBN and CNBC Auto show did a comparison between Aveo and Fiesta and here were the results:

1. Aveo scores in the interiors
2. Fiesta scores in the ride quality

They did a test run between the 2 cars and FIESTA beat the AVEO by a long way

AVEO: First a bad TV AD and above that misleading as well. Performance is not so good, uh?
Old 8th April 2006, 17:35   #64
BHPian

Here is a pictoral comparision -

Baleno (is good looking as well)

Fiesta 1.6

Aveo 1.6

New Honda City ZX

Old 11th April 2006, 14:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

Why no rear end shots of the Baleno?
Old 12th April 2006, 03:15   #66

voted for Honda city......because i have one.......but then i am equally for baleno & fiesta......tough choice guys......had i got the dough may be ill have all the three or atleast rotate the vehicle quite often between these 3.
Old 12th April 2006, 13:17   #67
BHPian

Hey Techie the AVEO U showed in the pictoral comparison is not the one being sold in India. And seems to me Ur pics are also slightly biased towards the Baleno. I may be wrong.

Guys, I wanted to know about exterior size. Is the Aveo smaller than the Baleno as the looks suggest ( i drove up the the Aveo in my Baleno and parked side by side and it looked smaller than my car) or are the specs in various mags correct when they point out to a Larger height, length and breadth? What about the Fiesta? What about Interior room?
Old 13th April 2006, 14:07   #68
BHPian

Hey Tech..... It seems like you have shown different pics for Aveo. Firstly, you have shown the older ( i think a 2006) US model and we have a 2007 model which will be launched in U.S. by June'06. Secondly, if I am not mistaken the interior pics you have shown is of U-VA "hatchback" not the notch back model which has been launched.

Please correct If I am on the wrong side...
Old 13th April 2006, 16:52   #69
BANNED

Which is the best buy amongst the mentioned cars? Keeping after sales and maintaince as one major factor?

Is Aveo a value for money deal or Chevvy may go FIAT's way in India?

IS BALENO the best bet?

Please help me too....
Old 14th April 2006, 10:41   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78
Which is the best buy amongst the mentioned cars? Keeping after sales and maintaince as one major factor?

Is Aveo a value for money deal or Chevvy may go FIAT's way in India?

IS BALENO the best bet?

Please help me too....
Now Aveo/Baleno is VFM.
Chevy might not go FIATs way in near future.

Test drive all the cars before deciding.

Aveo/Baleno/NHC/Fiesta all are good cars, apart from 'sales and maintenance' what are your requirements?
Old 14th April 2006, 20:19   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech
Here is a pictoral comparision -

Baleno (is good looking as well)

If you find this dash board good looking, the rear of the Baleno good looking, or the car in general to be good looking, than I dont know what to say. As Baleno continues to be the favorite of this forum, I try not to indulge in debates off late, however I just couldn't resist writing this.
The car has a good engine, great A>S>S, good FE, and is a VFM... agreed. But its dated, and looks are not one of its high points.
Old 14th April 2006, 20:36   #72
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
If you find this dash board good looking, the rear of the Baleno good looking, or the car in general to be good looking, than I dont know what to say.
To be honest , i certainly do like the looks of the baleno .. Be it the rear end or whatever .. But one request , i think its high time u stop this funda of posting about the sad looks about the baleno in every thread possible .. We know how much u hate the MB , but dont u think we need to end this ???
Old 14th April 2006, 20:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
To be honest , i certainly do like the looks of the baleno .. Be it the rear end or whatever .. But one request , i think its high time u stop this funda of posting about the sad looks about the baleno in every thread possible .. We know how much u hate the MB , but dont u think we need to end this ???
I will try not to indulge in this issue anymore.
However I am as guilty as you of being repititive... We know you love and own MB, and you have written a zillion threads often repititive about how good Baleno is, and I have written significantly less threads than you on my dislikings about the car. I in general off late have not been actively writing as much as you have, so I request you, that you follow your own advise as well....

Last edited by aseem : 14th April 2006 at 20:49.
Old 15th April 2006, 13:18   #74

A FORD FIESTA any day.
Though the CITY is a close contender. THE FIESTA DRIVE BEATS THEM ALL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 15th April 2006, 22:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
I will try not to indulge in this issue anymore.
However I am as guilty as you of being repititive... We know you love and own MB, and you have written a zillion threads often repititive about how good Baleno is, and I have written significantly less threads than you on my dislikings about the car. I in general off late have not been actively writing as much as you have, so I request you, that you follow your own advise as well....
And haven't you written a zillion posts often repititive about how bad a Baleno is? Looks is what you talk about the most about the Baleno, but then aren't looks subjective??? and some people love the looks of the Baleno while some people like you don't. You try to open different threads comparing Baleno first to the Fiesta and then now to the Aveo, Fiesta and City. But no matter what you do, everytime the Baleno gets a lot more votes, sometimes close to double the votes which the rest of the cars can manage in its segment. Just accept it buddy, no big deal. You may feel that you are in the right in whatever you say, but then thats your perogative. The poll is started by you and the results speak louder than words spoken by you or me.

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks