Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Given a choice which of these would you choose?
Honda Amaze Petrol MT 60 11.17%
Swift Dzire Petrol MT 30 5.59%
Honda Amaze Diesel MT 285 53.07%
Swift Dzire Diesel MT 74 13.78%
Honda Amaze Petrol AT 70 13.04%
Swift Dzire Petrol AT 17 3.17%
None of these something else 85 15.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 537. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2013, 22:40   #16
BHPian

My vote went to Swift Dzire diesel MT. I know i might be the only one here to post this
Reasons:-

1. I can't digest the front looks of Amaze or the Breo for that matter. Although the back of Dzire is equally bad.

2. The Dzire zdi is better equipped as compared to the Amaze VMT.

3. My hometown(where i plan to move back) does not have a Honda showroom or service center though almost every other brand has a showroom here!
Old 17th April 2013, 23:36   #17
BHPian

re: Honda Amaze vs Maruti Dzire vs Hyundai Xcent

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2013 at 14:13.
rangarx is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th April 2013, 00:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

None.
I would not buy the Amaze because of its spartan Dashbord. The three things I look forward in a car are first performance, then handling and finally the interiors. The Amaze scores poorly in #2 & #3.
Dzire, According to my requirements, Swift is better than the Dzire in all aspects. (Performance, Handling).

Brio with the 1.5L engine would be a better contender.
Old 18th April 2013, 00:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
None.
I would not buy the Amaze because of its spartan Dashbord. The three things I look forward in a car are first performance, then handling and finally the interiors. The Amaze scores poorly in #2 & #3.
Dzire, According to my requirements, Swift is better than the Dzire in all aspects. (Performance, Handling).

I guess there isnt any difference between dzire and swift in terms of performance since the weight of both the cars is same.(rather dzire is slightly quicker than swift for better areodynamics as per autocar)

I personally will wait till I have a proper drive of Amaze before commenting on this topic. I being a dzire owner can be a good person to judge the difference. As of now its all paper comparison to speak of.

And for that matter I feel Dzire and Amaze are very closely matched when it comes to petrol engine.

- kseries and ivtec are delight to drive even for their small size. ivtec is slightly more enthusiastic (brio) and kseries is bit more refined. Both love being revved and produce that typcial Japanese music to enthusiasts ear.
- Amaze will have rear seat space and boot space as it advantage. Dzire has more appealing interior look and slightly better built to offer.
- Amaze has Honda badge which os inspirational. Dzire and Maruti enjoys faith and goodwill like no other.

Note to the mods : Please delete this duplicate post

Last edited by Turbokick : 18th April 2013 at 01:02.
Old 18th April 2013, 00:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

It would be interesting to note the real results outside of the polls in the market place. The common-man may be thinking the other way round, who knows?
The sales figures after commencement of the Amaze deliveries would be eagerly awaited stuff.
Never the less, Maruti would now offer freebies with Swift and Dzire, for sure which were elusive to the customers for so long.
Old 18th April 2013, 01:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
None.

I guess there isnt any difference between dzire and swift in terms of performance since the weight of both the cars is same.(rather dzire is slightly quicker than swift for better areodynamics as per autocar)

I personally will wait till I have a proper drive of Amaze before commenting on this topic. I being a dzire owner can be a good person to judge the difference. As of now its all paper comparison to speak of.

And for that matter I feel Dzire and Amaze are very closely matched when it comes to petrol engine.

- kseries and ivtec are delight to drive even for their small size. ivtec is slightly more enthusiastic (brio) and kseries is bit more refined. Both love being revved and produce that typcial Japanese music to enthusiasts ear.
- Amaze will have rear seat space and boot space as it advantage. Dzire has more appealing interior look and slightly better built to offer.
- Amaze has Honda badge which is inspirational. Dzire and Maruti enjoys faith and goodwill like no other.

Diesel Amaze in particular is designed to target dzire and its weakness.

What are the weakness of dzire ?
- Limited boot space
- Limited reat seat legroom
- Bit disproportionate to look at thanks to very short boot.
- Lack of good braking facility in lower models
- Typical turbo lag in DDiS engine

Amaze addresses all these points and hence is a better allrounder atleast on paper. At the same point common advantages like good pricing,compact dimensions,efficiency etc are there with both.

Dzire still has some points that may favor it.
- Interiors look upmarket and appealing. People mightnot like Amaze's interior at 8-9lakhs price
- It has got a great balance between ride and handling which is only next to ageing Fiesta classic maybe. Swift has superior dynamics (ride in particular) compared to Brio. Dzire MAY have slight edge over dzire.
- DDiS maybe only 75bhp which is just about adequate. But its still very much fun to drive even if you compare it to more powerful options. Its the free revving feel and that turbokick which made this engine popular. Amaze seems to be designed more for driveability and fuel efficiency. Doesnt like being revved and power delivery is linear as per the review.
- Engine refinement is a critical thing. Dzire is reasonably silent (better than competition,except Sail). Amaze seems to be more noisy. How much ? Needs to be seen.
- Steering response of Dzire is anyday better than all Hondas I have driven till date (Brio,City old/new,Jazz). Dzire MAY be slightly more fun to drive compared to Amaze based on steering feedback and handling.

I am eagerly waiting for the Amaze drive to have a proper comparison

Last edited by Turbokick : 18th April 2013 at 01:08.
Turbokick is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 01:07   #22
BHPian

I would pick the Amaze any day. Honda has got almost everything on the right spot, even the pricing. The Amaze has got great looks, nimble dynamic characteristics, good fuel efficiency, nice ergonomics and moreover a better equipment list than the Dzire and the best part, the mighty i-dtech powerplant. And regarding after sales department, I don't think Honda cars need that serious attention as long as you stick to the service schedule unlike Maruti where you would need to rush to MASS each and every week for one or other issue. Honda's aftersale network is the area which is not so focused by the company but again why should they? What's the point in setting up a huge aftersale network where you don't need it? Amaze is not a piece of cake but a feast.
Old 18th April 2013, 01:35   #23
BHPian

Amaze for me for sure.
The Dzire is (and I hope you Dzire owners don't smother me for this) disgustingly ugly and every time I see one on the roads I immediately look away.

The way I see it, the Amaze only lacks in the interiors, which it more than makes up for with its exterior design in comparison with the Dzire. Agreed, the suspension would be on the softer side compared to Dzire, so handling might not be as good. But it shouldn't be a problem for anyone excluding the enthusiasts.
Old 18th April 2013, 01:40   #24
BHPian

I voted for Amaze Petrol AT. Did you notice the spiraling diesel price? I would love to have the Amaze AT as a city-only car.
Old 18th April 2013, 10:34   #25
BHPian

Voted for Honda Diesel MT. When it comes to driving, it has to be MT :-). Honda has had the smoothest of engines. The feel is upmarket and so is the brand. And, having owned a Maruti, I am not particularly a fan of the quality of service offered. Maruti has the knack of bringing the best value, but not the best product (rattling, squeaking tyres, cramped interiors, struggling air conditioning, rusting body panels - to name a few). So, between a Honda and a Maruti, it will be always a Honda for me.
Old 18th April 2013, 10:58   #26
BHPian

To me, since I am yet to test drive an Amaze, I will not be able to comment on my first hand experience and difference between the two. On a generic level, the brand "Honda" brand is quite strong. Generally Honda does not make bad engines. But again, Honda is renowned for making excellent petrol engines. This is what comes to our mind when we hear the name "Honda". Suzuki has a tried and tested diesel head which keeps on and on for miles... Though a sub metre car, it is still a sedan and I was expecting a better loking dashboard in Amaze. One of the first impressions, one gets of a car, is the time when he/she sits inside one for the first time and Honda did not quite score in this this respect. One would not be impressed with the Amaze dash.
Moreover, one of the main point, one considers before selecting a vehicle is the cost of ownership. I guess all the dzire owner will admit that Dzire scores high points in this respect. I am not sure how Amaze will fair in this regards.
Again on papers, the Amaze diesel head seems to beat the Dzire in power and mileage figure, but lets give Amaze some time to prove its worth. On a conservative note, I will wait for sometime before voting for the best of the two. Because if I am asked to vote now, I will opt for Amaze, because of the space it offers, better boot space, better boot design, ABS offered at low diesel varients as well, high power and high mileage promise and of course the honda badge. But if one is going for the top variant, then I guess Dzire scores a bit higher than the Amaze because of some additional gizmos offered (climate control, full MID, better OEM sound system)

Open to your inputs as well..

Please note that all the above comparisions are made keeping in mind the diesel heads...
delix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 10:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Amaze - Just one simple reason - QUALITY. I have hated Honda ASS attitude but the good thing is Honda knows this and ensures you dont need to go to the ASS often. How do they do it - simple - QUALITY. Having owned an OHC for 7 years ( and it was 4 yrs old when i bought ) and having seen many absused Honda cars, I can say confidently that Honda cars are built well. They will age well, last longer, wear and tear parts like clutch wont give in sooner.

I hope all this rush to get a sub 4m sedan within a tight price target hasnt resulted in any compromise on Honda's hall mark - QUALITY
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 12:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Amaze all the way.

I see very clear advantages to Amaze Diesel : better performance, better mileage, better rear seat space, better boot space, better brand. In fact I would buy it over petrol even if I my running does not justify a diesel, just for that awesome engine.

A Maurti may be better in rural areas, where Honda network may be thin or non-existant.
SkyWalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 13:38   #29
BHPian

Amaze for me.

Test drove the car this weekend. Albeit it was a very short one, hardly 7-800 meters. Acceleration is brisk, was able to hit 70 kph in very short time. Hardly noticed until I wanted to take a U turn and looked at the speedo.

Interiors feel good. Rear legroom is stunning for a car of this size. Easily equal to the likes of etios. The one I drove was the S trim, it does not have dual tone interiors. The top end which has looks much better.

I've driven the Swift diesel extensively and must say the engine is amaze seems much more responsive. Only a slight turbo lag evident in the 2nd gear. But that's it. I would just buy the amaze for its packaging brilliance. The engine is a cherry on the top.
Ph03nix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 14:06   #30

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2013 at 14:15.
kartikeya.bisen is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks