Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Given a choice which of these would you choose?
Honda Amaze Petrol MT 60 11.17%
Swift Dzire Petrol MT 30 5.59%
Honda Amaze Diesel MT 285 53.07%
Swift Dzire Diesel MT 74 13.78%
Honda Amaze Petrol AT 70 13.04%
Swift Dzire Petrol AT 17 3.17%
None of these something else 85 15.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 537. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2013, 14:08   #31
BHPian

re: Honda Amaze vs Maruti Dzire vs Hyundai Xcent

Voted for Amaze Diesel, would have voted for an Amaze Diesel AT had there been an option(Honda do it!!)

Why the amaze, its very simple. There is a reason why half the country is going crazy after the Amaze. And its not because the population is tiered of the DZire, the sales chart are a testimony to this fact.

The reason is because it is a BETTER product. A better engine + better interior space + better boot space from a better brand. It ticks all the things which an Indian consumer looks for in a car.

And its not just brand perception doing the trick either. If that was the case then the Jazz would have been a grand success(or should have been after the price cut).

The Indian market is fortunately maturing and does not follow a particular brand like cattle any more.

I am glad to see Honda do well. And its not because I hate Maruti. Its because it would send them back thinking on how to improve a good product. And in the end its you and me , the consumer, who would be benefited
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 14:35   #32
BHPian

My vote to Amaze (both petrol and diesel).

Although I haven't driven the diesel, I was in the rear passenger seat last weekend, when my friend was TD it. For someone who owns both the City & the Brio, the Amaze comes across as a car which gives you the best of both. The rear seat has acres of space even with the drivers seat pushed all the way back. I'm about 5' 10" and still had lots of knee room at the rear. Under tight thigh support too seems good, though couldn't judge from a short TD.

Yes the interiors does look spartan (or Brio esque if you please) when you compare it with Dzire but end of the day it does not feel cheap plastic. The huge boot gives it a more all round proportion.

What brio lacked was soft suspension, rear space and boot. What City's strength were rear space and boot. Honda has seamless integrated both of these to evolve the Amaze and plonked a diesel into it.

For a buyer this serves as a true allrounder serving best of both. If I were in the market to buy a sedan, I would buy the Amaze eyes closed.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 14:49   #33
BHPian

When design is the CTQ (critical to quality), vote goes to DZire - more propotioned front whereas Amaze has some confusing clues.
I prefer to stick with Dzire since it is proven and has wider service support (I am not a big fan of compact sedan)
Old 18th April 2013, 15:11   #34
BHPian

My choice is amaze petrol AT. my running is around 500 km / month. i don't think i will never break-even if I buy a diesel. And I prefer AT to MT.

Considering 85% on this poll chose Amaze, it is a sure hit
Old 18th April 2013, 16:14   #35

I have voted for Amaze Petrol AT as it is a unique offering: A 5-speed auto tranny in a reasonably spacious car.

When it comes to automatic transmission, more the number of gears, the better. Only Honda offers 5-speed auto trannies in cars costing less than Rs. 10 lakhs. Others like Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai have 4-speed auto 'boxes. Vento/Rapid have 6-speed but they cost well over Rs.10 lakhs OTR.
Old 18th April 2013, 16:21   #36
BHPian

I would any time prefer any sedan with higher power . Anything close to 1.2 or less would alwasys be a hatchback with boot

IMHO a sedan with more than 1.4Lt makes a more meaningful machine.

However of the two i prefer Amaze Diesel ( 100 ps with 24 kmpl) a VFM deal !

But if its a sedan from Honda i would go for City and from Maruti stable the all new SX4.

Yes brakes are pathetic on Dezire as i experience the same on my Swift.. My heart stops for a while when i have to brake at more than 100+kmph.
Old 18th April 2013, 16:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Voted Amaze diesel as i had booked one myself.
Dzire was not even in contention as it loses on 2 most important things for me. Space and looks.
Old 18th April 2013, 16:51   #38
BHPian

Honda Amaze Diesel it is, 33% more powerful on paper. Tilts the scale heavily in favor of the Amaze Diesel! I own a Maruti Swift K Series and to my surprise, I find it more expensive to maintain than one of my relative's a Honda City
Also, Honda is offering a 2 year/40,000 (whichever comes earlier) maintenance package for a reasonable amount (read it somewhere, forgot the amounts for petrol and diesel). If you like the product, just close your eyes and buy it, no need to worry about maintenance costs, at least for 2 years.
The advantages listed for DZire are no deal breakers for Amaze; I will be really really surprised if Amaze doesn't end up denting Maruti's market share! And yes, the entry level Amaze diesel is a full INR 500 cheaper than the entry level Dzire diesel, you can buy a cute little accessory for that money!
Swiftoholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 17:26   #39
BHPian

My vote in this poll goes to the Amaze Diesel MT with my 2 cents below:

1. I am fed-up with Maruti's monopoly in the Market with these two sisters Swift and Dzire. It is not that I don't like Maruti (I own a Maruti too); Markets are really spiced up when there is a good competition and this is beneficial for the Buyers. Monopoly in a Buyer's perspective is boring (non-beneficial too) in my view.

2. I love Honda and their products. Being a Honda Well-Wisher, I would want to motivate them for their first Diesel venture (Better late than never). Kudos to Honda for the mouth-watering price range of Amaze. (Unlike their Exorbitant Jazz Launch prices)

As a Customer, at the end of the day I feel really satisfied when I have a hand-full of options to choose. We like it or not, Indian Automobile Market is the most prospective Market that most countries are eyeing at and we are living in this "privileged" era where we are living the change.

Cheers!!
M

Last edited by Mister_M : 18th April 2013 at 17:45.
Mister_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 17:43   #40

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team:

Your post has been edited. Please ensure the text does not contain any [FONT] and other tags when posting content created using external word processors. For more details : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...your-post.html (Removing [FONT] [SIZE] and [COLOR] tags from your post)

Yesterday I accompanied a bosom friend of mine who was looking for a entry level diesel sedan. He was all set for Dzire but after 11th April, 2013. He was made to think twice, thrice … multiple times.

We decided to end this turmoil & here begins our hunt for a chariot. s for their powerplant & finesse of the entire product, so Amaze was the first one to be hunt for. Whitefield Honda Sales rep was dignified, well mannered and was able to handle all queries with humility. The time came to check out the new kid from Honda’s stable. In blue Amaze looked quite amazing from outside with nice sharp cuttings & well chiseled body, step inside and you will have the airy feeling like City. Neither I nor my friend had any problem for on-off boarding. Plenty of legroom, for front & rear. Huge boot, enough for weekend gateways & more actually. The asymmetrically placed dash board was not of my choice. However sound quality, fit & finish of the dash, seat materials, AC, beige interiors are rich enough to compensate. Steering is meaty & nice to hold, short sure shot gear slots, crank the engine & you will be astonished by the refinement of this i-DTEC 1498cc powerplant under the hood. Was not able to take the kid for a real ride in the jam packed traffic, but maneuvering in traffic was brilliant with super responsive steering. While revving I could hear the sound of the diesel heart which frankly I expected from a Diesel plant. The test drive lasted for 25 minutes & 14 kms. Though to me the decision has been made for all practical reason & the biggest reason, it’s a HONDA.
Next pit stop has to be Bimal Maruti; warmly greeted by the sales rep. The half-hearted boot was looking like an after thought addition. The test drive car was a fully loaded Dzire ZDI. First impression, huge gaps between the bonnets was a let down, Dzire futuristic dash wins hands down. The black and beige color scheme looks spectacular; Maruti has thrown in some aluminum finish and a heads up display for climate control and what you get is an appealing and brilliant look. The kid is powered by the much appreciated Fiat Based 1.3 lt engine which chunks out 1248cc power. Maneuvering in jam packed traffic is tricky because of less responsive steering compared to Amaze, sound quality is better than amaze. I found the Honda’s AC unit chills the room faster than the Maruti’s & I will give Honda few more marks for their fit & finish of the entire package. While taking test drive the engine was super silent compared to the i-DTEC counterpart, nice pick up, nice gearbox. Maruti’s ever reliable after sales; cheap spare parts were the points to be seriously considered.
Well well well, we have a battle here. Even Stevens. After day long conversation, running though TBHP threads multiple time, we decided to bring home Amaze.

Last edited by Mpower : 18th April 2013 at 18:53.
LightningCity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 18:54   #41
BHPian

My vote goes to Amaze.

Only one thing goes in favor of Dzire, its pleasing no nonsense dash.
On every other parameter Amaze is a better product.

Yes service is a big plus for Maruti, but surely Honda is equally good and is a brand people aspire for.

If I am in market today, I will go for Amaze without a second thought.
Old 18th April 2013, 20:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
And for that matter I feel Dzire and Amaze are very closely matched when it comes to petrol engine.
Not really. The Dzire Petrol would be my pick over the Amaze.
  • Better Interiors
  • Better Handling & ride (is expected)
As a car, Dzire is better, but the Diesel version of Amaze is something else. It offers lot more VFM. For the base model, you get
  • All 4 power windows
  • Central locking
  • ABS (One more reason to pick the diesel)
  • Tilt steering
Hence for me Dzire petrol & Amaze Diesel if I had to buy one. But I would not buy any.
If I had to buy petrol I would buy Fiesta Classic.
If I had to buy diesel I would buy the Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
I would any time prefer any sedan with higher power . Anything close to 1.2 or less would alwasys be a hatchback with boot
One more reason to go for the Fiesta Classic/Etios Petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
But if its a sedan from Honda i would go for City and from Maruti stable the all new SX4.
All new SX4!
Interesting choice of car.
Old 18th April 2013, 20:44   #43
BHPian

A regular Joe response:
Honda Amaze any day over Maruti swift dezire.
That is the first response that comes in mind. However after 10 seconds when initial euphoria is over, few thoughts come in mind like average service cost,cost of spares easy availability of spares & ASCs.
Though Honda enjoys immense brand value, these questions might deter quite a few average joes..
Old 18th April 2013, 21:59   #44
BHPian

Voted for amaze diesel and Dzire petrol AT.

I wonder why the geniuses at the big motor companies fail to give a Diesel AT.

You already have the transmission.
It already fits to your car.

All you need to do is charge a good premium for those folks who can buy one.

atleast give an option
Old 18th April 2013, 22:01   #45
BHPian

I would say it is not fair to have this poll now. Amaze is the new kid on the block and so everyone is excited about it whereas Dzire has been around for some time.

If we have this poll after 1 year, we might have a more realistic result. At least as of now Dzire is more proven, lets wait to see the sales numbers in a year.
vasanthn21 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks