Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2006, 14:09   #46
BHPian

hey karthik, are you sure you have tried out the NHC VTEC, it is surely as fast as, if not faster than the elantra and the cedia, and falls within your budget as well .... gives decent FE and is low on maintenance too ...
Old 5th June 2006, 19:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the Elantra GTD today. Costs 9.01lakhs OTR...and its without climate control AC, airbags, leather seats and alloys. So i'm basically just paying for the engine....no looks, no luxury.
Old 5th June 2006, 21:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

And...called up the Chevy guys. Aveo has special introdutory offer which includes 2year warranty and free service. The offer is only valid till 14th of this month and they (Hyundai guys as well) told me about a good price hike after 15th. So IF i book it now, they told me they'll wait till i sell my car and i'll also get that special offer...Yet to get a testdrive tomorrow.

Now here's the pricing...
Aveo 1.6LT with ABS/Airbags/Leather = 7.8OTR

Now i'll transfer my car's insurance to the Aveo which makes it arnd 28k less. So lets just round it off at 7.5lakhs

Buy-backing OE alloys n tyres and getting 15"ers so that shuld be another 5k extra. Also giving back OE music sys cuz i've got a better one so another 10k discount(its integrated model)

So basically for ~7.5lakhs i can get everything!!!! Also a K&N conical and better speakers and HU.

Now what say guys??

BTW, also inquired abt the Optra.
Base Model = 8.7lakhs.
Royale anrd 9.2 i 'think'
Old 6th June 2006, 07:44   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
BTW, also inquired abt the Optra.
Base Model = 8.7lakhs.
Royale anrd 9.2 i 'think'
Are this Mumbai prices? Because in Mumbai one get Optra Base (Elite) for 8.4L. Please note Mumbai has additional 4% octroi and Regsitration charges for individual are around 64K. If you buy in Thane, it would cost you somewhere around 8L.
Old 6th June 2006, 12:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

1) Ther is a Honda in hsi family. ANd he hates Honda's looks
2) Innova is above 9lac

stick to his needs, ie, no honda, no 9lac+ car/van, no 68bhp diesel.
Old 6th June 2006, 13:44   #51
BHPian

karthik - can you tell me why you hate ford??? thats my impression.......jk - you said, 68bhp is very less........I would like to quote someone's (i dont remember who) signature "ITS NOT WHAT YOU DRIVE THAT MATTERS BUT HOW YOU DRIVE IT"........the reason is that i have come driving today morning, my ford fiesta Tdci from a relative's house near Sherttala, around 190kms from Trivandrum (near the Toll Booth when you reach Cochin - JK & Karthik, i think you know the place)....... i went with my Father & Mother to Trissur yesterday to see a doctor and came back and stayed there.......i started at 5:30 in the morning and reached Kayankulam(around 80kms distance) in 1 hour and reached home at 8:15......from kayankulam to trivandrum, its a distance of 110kms and i took 1hr & 45 mins due to the early morning traffic......i kept a steady 90 - 100 km/hr and occassionally went upto 120 km/hr......my Father keeps his eyes on the speedometer while i keep mine on the road ahead!!! or i could have easily gone upto 150km/hr.......u want to hear the mileage???......when i went to trissur yesterday, the A/C was on full time as it was very sunny in the beginning and very rainy afterwards......no A/C on the return trip.....the mileage 20+.....this is no advertising!!!......and i kept up easily with a flying Skoda Laura!!! and having driven a skoda, you'll want a driver's car........the other option is Ford!.........its steady as a rock!.....it cost me Rs.7Lakhs & OTR Rs.7.46L......thats before the price hike......it'll be now around 7.6L

Service will be a slight problem......my brother's ikon diesel had a solenoid valve (fuel pump) problem and it was rectified only after several services.....but then now its a common knowledge that accent crdi has fuel pump problems after 60k kms.......dont know about elantra.......with petrol prices above Rs.50/- @ Trivandrum, i think you should chose a crdi engine......but no scorpio, as now that they have rectified the rolling & stability around corners, its pitching like a boat!!! you dont want a Skoda! so your options are accent crdi, accent viva crdi, elantra crdi & fiesta tdci......if you can wait & if you love fusion, then the upcoming fusion tdci is also an option........even though its a hatchback, it has huge amount of space......i only noticed it when i went to take delivery of the Fiesta...and Fusion Tdci will cost below Rs.6L, thanx to the excise cut......if we hadn't bought the Fiesta, we would have surely gone for it!....

P.S: i stood my ground that i will not go, when i learned that father had arranged a relative's driver for the trip.....and the trip was for consulting a doctor with regard to my surgery!!! i said "if i'm not driving, i'm not coming"......as simple as that!

Last edited by arif_t01 : 6th June 2006 at 13:54.
Old 6th June 2006, 13:44   #52
Senior - BHPian

His heart is set on the Aveo - I think he will go for it.
Old 6th June 2006, 14:13   #53
Senior - BHPian

Heard teh TDCi is smooth and silent. But dude, would you buy a 68bhp car when you have a 90bhp car? Both diesels?

yup; Aveo it should be.
Old 6th June 2006, 14:17   #54
BHPian

Elantra CRDi will be a Good option ............ go for it
Old 6th June 2006, 14:25   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt
Elantra CRDi will be a Good option ............ go for it
@ 9lac with no frills. So he dropped the elantra
Old 6th June 2006, 14:43   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01
karthik - can you tell me why you hate ford??? thats my impression.......jk - you said, 68bhp is very less........I would like to quote someone's (i dont remember who) signature "ITS NOT WHAT YOU DRIVE THAT MATTERS BUT HOW YOU DRIVE IT"........the reason is that i have come driving today morning, my ford fiesta Tdci from a relative's house near Sherttala, around 190kms from Trivandrum (near the Toll Booth when you reach Cochin - JK & Karthik, i think you know the place)....... i went with my Father & Mother to Trissur yesterday to see a doctor and came back and stayed there.......i started at 5:30 in the morning and reached Kayankulam(around 80kms distance) in 1 hour and reached home at 8:15......from kayankulam to trivandrum, its a distance of 110kms and i took 1hr & 45 mins due to the early morning traffic......i kept a steady 90 - 100 km/hr and occassionally went upto 120 km/hr......my Father keeps his eyes on the speedometer while i keep mine on the road ahead!!! or i could have easily gone upto 150km/hr.......u want to hear the mileage???......when i went to trissur yesterday, the A/C was on full time as it was very sunny in the beginning and very rainy afterwards......no A/C on the return trip.....the mileage 20+.....this is no advertising!!!......and i kept up easily with a flying Skoda Laura!!! and having driven a skoda, you'll want a driver's car........the other option is Ford!.........its steady as a rock!.....it cost me Rs.7Lakhs & OTR Rs.7.46L......thats before the price hike......it'll be now around 7.6L

Service will be a slight problem......my brother's ikon diesel had a solenoid valve (fuel pump) problem and it was rectified only after several services.....but then now its a common knowledge that accent crdi has fuel pump problems after 60k kms.......dont know about elantra.......with petrol prices above Rs.50/- @ Trivandrum, i think you should chose a crdi engine......but no scorpio, as now that they have rectified the rolling & stability around corners, its pitching like a boat!!! you dont want a Skoda! so your options are accent crdi, accent viva crdi, elantra crdi & fiesta tdci......if you can wait & if you love fusion, then the upcoming fusion tdci is also an option........even though its a hatchback, it has huge amount of space......i only noticed it when i went to take delivery of the Fiesta...and Fusion Tdci will cost below Rs.6L, thanx to the excise cut......if we hadn't bought the Fiesta, we would have surely gone for it!....

P.S: i stood my ground that i will not go, when i learned that father had arranged a relative's driver for the trip.....and the trip was for consulting a doctor with regard to my surgery!!! i said "if i'm not driving, i'm not coming"......as simple as that!
karthik,

with petrol prices increasing more than diesel, i think diesel car would be more cost effective.

i think you must seriously consider elantra-diesel/fiesta-diesel.
Old 6th June 2006, 14:44   #57
Senior - BHPian

Looks like it is going to be the Aveo. But, I seriously worry about this going the proverbial "from the frying pan into the fire" way, as far as maintenance goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Mom still has her mind on the Baleno, which i wouldn't want her to get..
@karthik247, any special reason why your Mom likes the Baleno? I mean there are not many people that root for Baleno (outside tbhp and modders) what it being too-long-in-the-market, odd rear etc.
Old 6th June 2006, 14:54   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
karthik,

with petrol prices increasing more than diesel, i think diesel car would be more cost effective.

i think you must seriously consider elantra-diesel/fiesta-diesel.
The day isn't far off when diesel n petrol is going to cost the same.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
@karthik247, any special reason why your Mom likes the Baleno? I mean there are not many people that root for Baleno (outside tbhp and modders) what it being too-long-in-the-market, odd rear etc.
Someone told his mom the seats of Baleno are very comfortable.......

Now if some Baleno owners in the forum happen to meet his mom.....Bechaara Karthik will have tough time convincing his mom for Aveo....

KP
Old 6th June 2006, 15:04   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen

Someone told his mom the seats of Baleno are very comfortable.......

Now if some Baleno owners in the forum happen to meet his mom.....Bechaara Karthik will have tough time convincing his mom for Aveo....

KP
I read in mclaren's post that rear seat aint taht good and he was happy that he was driving most of teh time. Ikons rear seat are comfy and Baleno's driver seat are
Old 6th June 2006, 15:33   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
The day isn't far off when diesel n petrol is going to cost the same.....
dude, is there any regulation/wto deadline b'cos of which this will happen, i remember someone else also had mentioend this.

please do mention how many years from now, the prices of petrol/diesel are supposed to cost same.

however its interesting to note that in europe, even though diesel costs similar to that of petrol, even then diesel cars have a market share of 50% !!

of course they say you must drive 16000 kms/year to make savings.

so even if disel will cost similar to petrol say 2-3 years from now in india, for guys driving more than 15000 kms/year sure would save money.

Last edited by venkatrx : 6th June 2006 at 15:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks