Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2006, 20:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

New car under 9lahks max!

So, getting a new car now...this time from 'Hyundai' (most probably)
Have my mind set on the Elantra or the Accent Viva. Like both of them and will definately get Petes as soon as i get either . Or u think i should get a petrol?

Can someone help me up the other 'good' options i have in that price range. Mom still has her mind on the Baleno, which i wouldn't want her to get..Also like the Chevy Aveo but guess it'll b expensive to maintain.

Major things under consideration...
1. Price
2. Power...max
3. A.S.S including spares cost

Honda City and Ford Fiesta totally outta consideration. Both are sluggish and so..ANd no hatchbacks please..
Old 3rd June 2006, 21:40   #2
BHPian

Elantra CRDi, 25kgm torque... need more explanation??

but it would come slightly over 9L, still, worth every penny.
Old 3rd June 2006, 21:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Was quoted 9.6lakhs OTR for Elantra CRDi with leather pack.
Still....a bit more than my budget..thts the prob.
Old 3rd June 2006, 22:24   #4
BHPian

Hyundai Elantra CRDi at 9.6 lacs is a very good deal.
if possible go for it.

i'd also suggest to opt for Cedia if your budget permits.

i know you've drawn a line at 9.0 lacs, but still i'd suggest you to increase your budget abit to have really nice cars!
coz there are no really powerful cars under 9.0lacs, so you have to increase your budget for that.

since you have already opted out the NHC, VTEC is also not for you.

so, imho, increase the budget or recheck your priorities.
Old 3rd June 2006, 22:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you to for the Chevrolet Aveo 1.6! Fresh looks, Good Power, GM brand!
Old 4th June 2006, 00:07   #6
BHPian

I second revharder ......

9.6 L for an Elantra CRDI fully loaded is a great deal !!!
Old 4th June 2006, 00:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Still....a bit above budget. Any idea how much a second hand costs. I really want one, but mom won't spend a penny above 9lakhs
Old 4th June 2006, 08:36   #8
BHPian

Elantra GTD

Why don't you check out the CRDi GTD version. Price OTR bangalore is 9.75 lakhs. The normal CRDi version costs 10.5 lakhs here.

The features missing are:
- Dual SRS airbags
- Automatic Climate Control
- Alloy wheels
- Leather wrapped steering wheel/gear knob

Rest all features are the same.
Old 4th June 2006, 10:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Cedia costs 10.41 OTR here
Elantra OTR @ 9.13 + tax + insurance

Get Accent CRDi and not teh Viva as you need boot for your 2 JBL tubes. Time to look at Aveo or Fiesta. @ 100bhp Fiesta cant be slow
And Petrol car is a Petrol car; what say guys? Since you dont drive much ( read 1500/month) a petrol car should be fine.
Old 4th June 2006, 10:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

with petrol's prices going above roof it makes sense to go for CRDi if you are not against diesels.

Fiesta TDCi
hyundai accent crdi/viva crdi(I prefer viva more)
hyundai Elantra CRDi
Skoda petrol Auto (if available used)

while you dont want hatches you didnt say anything about MUV's. how about safari and Scorpio? Both have CRDi engines.

my first bet for the city would be skoda 1.9 tdi Auto. Try to get a used one as a new will be out of the budget.

Second place is taken by hyundai elantra. Elantra is spacious and bigger but looks are very debatable inside and outside. It's got all the power you need.

Fiesta interiors are much better and the smaller engine is more FE. but power is not in the same league.

Add the Pete's and enjoy.
Old 4th June 2006, 10:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
with petrol's prices going above roof it makes sense to go for CRDi if you are not against diesels.

Fiesta TDCi
hyundai accent crdi/viva crdi(I prefer viva more)
hyundai Elantra CRDi
Skoda petrol Auto (if available used)

while you dont want hatches you didnt say anything about MUV's. how about safari and Scorpio? Both have CRDi engines.

my first bet for the city would be skoda 1.9 tdi Auto. Try to get a used one as a new will be out of the budget.

Second place is taken by hyundai elantra. Elantra is spacious and bigger but looks are very debatable inside and outside. It's got all the power you need.

Fiesta interiors are much better and the smaller engine is more FE. but power is not in the same league.

Add the Pete's and enjoy.
Fiesta @ 68bhp ??? Its a shame and would a teen drive a 68bhp car when he is used to a Skoda? NO!

ANd he drives less tahn 1500/month and rarely go for long drives and hence I suggest a petrol car.

And why this thread was created was coz he is not happen with Skoda... Damn HUGE bills. He had to spend almost 50k with 4 months! Maintaining a Skoda is costly and hence wants a new car AFTER selling his Skoda.

And he thinks Lancer is outdated.
Old 4th June 2006, 10:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Guys...think it'll be the Aveo 1.6. Will be ~7.5lakhs OTR. Also thinking abt that additional leather/ABS/airbag pack if its not gonna be a big difference.

15" alloys and tyres will be for sure..ane maybe a K&N conical too It should make it peppy enough

Just a thought...u guys think i should look at the Accent Viva as well. I really don't fancy the Fiesta or NHC, so only a few other models left

Last edited by karthik247 : 4th June 2006 at 10:38.
Old 4th June 2006, 10:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
U are right but in the coming both are gonna cost the same......

CRDi 's simply rokk....But beware of adullterated fuel....as Karthik had faced a similar problem with Skoda....
Old 4th June 2006, 10:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

From what you told me, your Aveo's maintenance costs will be similar to those of your current Octavia. Since you're basically changing cars to get away from costly maintenance bills, I suggest you DONT repeat the mistake and get carried away by looks and 'image'.

Stretching your budget for a CRDi (or going for this 'GTD' version that I've never heard of) will be a much better option.

However, like I've always told you - its your (okay, your mom's) money and you're free to blow it up as you deem fit.

Quote:
He has an Octavia and the reason he's selling it is because he cant live with the maintenance bills. Every visit to the service station is about 20k.

Last edited by Steeroid : 4th June 2006 at 10:48.
Old 4th June 2006, 10:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

@devarshi84
Yep ur right....Maybe i will have a look at Accent Viva CRDi as well..Both cost very much the same OTR. Have similar output, but i still doubt if it'll be as plush as the Chevy Aveo.

And KPZen scared me that i'll only get 8kmpl with the Aveo...

@Steeroid
Elantra GT is 6.8lakhs ex-showroom, and is a petrol version. No leather, no ABS, no airbags, no alloys...nutin. And mileage will also be low. Maybe i should definately consider the CDRI Viva. Sounds it makes more sense. And u really think Chevy will be really expensive??

Last edited by karthik247 : 4th June 2006 at 10:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks