Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2017, 23:20   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
At around 6L I suggest you go for the used Vento. With the money saved on even a new Ciaz, you will have several years of running.

The 2015 Highline is pretty well loaded with the essential features, and based on my experience with a petrol Rapid, fuel efficiency in city is acceptable with the AC on (10-14), and on the highway it is quite amazing (18-19kmpl) for a 1.6. For reference, I don't speed on the highway although I do like the acceleration.

I've also found that while the petrol is not as refined as one from Maruti or Hyundai, it is not a slouch. One just has to get used to the sound at higher RPMs, and the performance is more than acceptable. Post startup the engine is super silent, and only becomes audible/vocal above 2.5k rpm.

Finally maintenance - with my Rapid it comes to around 6-10k per year, due to the fact that mine is 3.5 years old and has run about 45k kms. If your running is anywhere in this range, service costs should be similar because you have a long way to go before the 60k service where the costs are higher.

Take a good look at the Vento, and if acceptable (consistent with the current Odo reading), then go for it

Hi Velu, quick question?

Do you feel the clutch pedal sits a bit higher? I test drove twice for around 10 minutes, I felt a bit of pain on my ankles due to the height of the pedal.

Myself and my wife are pretty much sold on Rapid Diesel (comes around 11.5 on road in chennai). But this is one thing which is stopping me from taking plunge. And my knees were keep hitting the centre dash console.

Thanks,
Veera
Old 5th July 2017, 07:35   #197
MCR
BHPian

Re: Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza

I would be in the market for a New car by end of this year. I have narrowed down on the following cars as of now;

1. VW Vento 1.2TSI Highline Plus
2. Ciaz 1.4 Aplha
3. S-Cross 1.0L Boosterjet?
4. City 1.5 Vx (not really seroius about this car)

I would like to buy a petrol car since I am now really tired of the unrefined and coarse sounding Diesel engines!

I love the Vento the most for its European Engineering and the 1.2TSI Engine with the DSG gearbox. I would like to pick this car, but I am apprehensive about the VW reliability and Service. Buying the extended warranty does cover the reliability aspect but the Service, still remains a question.

I am not really a fan of MSIL cars becasue they are not fun to drive generally but S-Cross is comparatively better in terms of build and ride quality. Hopefully it will be fun to drive as well. Will the 1.0L Boosterjet engine find a place in the S-Cross?

Add to this mix the launch of Hyundai Verna in October and its all too confusing!

Last edited by MCR : 5th July 2017 at 07:37. Reason: Typo
Old 6th August 2017, 14:01   #198
BHPian

VW Ameo or Vento or Honda City - Automatic Petrol Sedan choices

My Fiat Punto 90 HP has served me well for 5 years. However, I am tired of the diesel clatter. Tired of the manual transmission in bangalore traffic. Tired of the weird ergonomics.

I need an automatic petrol sedan that is fun to drive. Fuel economy is not a concern. I am scheduling test drives this weekend but I'd like to hear from the veterans here. I am looking at the VW Ameo petrol DSG as the first choice. Ticks all the boxes except the turbo. If I want a turbo, I need to look at the Vento tsi. Is the premium over an Ameo justified?

While we enthusiasts love the German cars, how does a Honda City petrol CVT compare to the Germans? I worry about a CVT feeling like an Activa with no gear shifts at all. But Honda V-tec is probably a different league compared to other naturally aspirated petrols?

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 6th August 2017 at 14:09.
Old 6th August 2017, 15:29   #199
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Ameo or Vento or Honda City - Automatic Petrol Sedan choices

There is no Ameo petrol DSG. You have to buy the diesel for the DSG. It is also clearly a class below the City and the Vento. I think you should narrow your choice down to those two and test drive both.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 19:03   #200
BHPian

Re: Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza

What are the options in the petrol automatic sedan market up to 15L on road?

Does a turbo in this segment make a lot of difference? For example, does a Vento TSI bring a significantly bigger smile on your face compared to a Honda City CVT?
Old 11th August 2017, 11:04   #201
BHPian

Also, if I need to sell in 12-18 months (may move cities or countries); would the resale of a VW Vento TSi be lower than a Verna Petrol Automatic or a Honda City Petrol CVT?
Old 24th August 2017, 11:52   #202
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I would be in the market for a New car by end of this year. I have narrowed down on the following cars as of now;

1. VW Vento 1.2TSI Highline Plus
2. Ciaz 1.4 Aplha
3. S-Cross 1.0L Boosterjet?
4. City 1.5 Vx (not really seroius about this car)

Add to this mix the launch of Hyundai Verna in October and its all too confusing!
Thinking of booking the New Verna. I will book the Diesel EX MT variant. Its VFM since the price is in the range of top variants of the sub 4 meter SUV's and also offers almost all the features. The biggest advantage over the small SUV's is the additional space inside the cabin and the luggage area plus the overall fit and finish which is much better in the New Verna!

Last edited by MCR : 24th August 2017 at 11:54.
Old 23rd November 2017, 15:35   #203
BHPian

A comfortable family sedan (10 Lakhs On Road budget)

This is for my wife. She is not interested in used-car, and wants a brand new. She has no other demand or expectations from the car, however i do have pretty strict set of expectations since it will be the 2nd car in my family, and mostly used for carrying my parents.

1. Back seat space for 3 Adults should be 'very good'.
2. Should offer good ride quality/comfort for long family trips with lot of luggage (4 adults, 1 adolescent , 1 younger kid = total 6).
3. Not particular about AT or AMT or MT. Anything is fine.
4. Should offer a reasonable mileage per litre.
5. Not too worried about power, performance etc.. Yes, it should pull the fully loaded on hilly areas.
6. Ease of drive for lady driver within the city.
7. I can live without bells and whistles like alloys, BT, LEDs etc...

Few cars that's playing in my mind are:
  1. Maruti Ciaz
  2. Nissan Sunny
  3. Hyundai Verna.
  4. Honda City

I have not considered sub 4m-Sedans due to space issues, and performance oriented cars like Rapid, Linea etc...

What is your suggestion ?
Old 23rd November 2017, 15:43   #204
BHPian

You may consider Etios which according to me ticks most of the boxes. Next option could be Ciaz.
Old 23rd November 2017, 15:54   #205
BANNED

Re: A comfortable family sedan (10 Lakhs On Road budget)

Hi Harishpr, I would suggest you to test drive Ciaz and Honda city both are good.But city refreshed and recently updated where as Ciaz is about to come with updated version soon, may be with new 1.5L engine.If you need more powerful engine then u can consider Next Gen Verna 1.6 .
Old 23rd November 2017, 15:56   #206
BHPian

+1. I think Etios followed by Sunny followed by Ciaz would be my recommendations.

Both Etios and sunny have good interior space, big boot space, and boring looks lacking the usual fancy stuff (bells and whistles as you mentioned). Both have frugal, good-to-drive diesel engines which will outlast the car itself.
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:21   #207
BANNED

You cannot carry 6 people in the car safely. There are not enough seatbelts or seats in fact. For a family upto 5, i would suggest seeing the City, which is the most rounded car. the S or SV trim could squeeze into your budget. It has good space and not short on power at all.

Since you have a requirement of seating more people, you really need to look at the 7 seater market. In this price you could look at the Ertiga and the B-RV. The B-RV is well specced and the engine is good too. Ertiga is getting long in the tooth and a brand new one should come by mid 2018, hopefully with better engines, but the current engines are also decent, especially the diesel.
Old 23rd November 2017, 17:45   #208
BHPian

Assuming your primary car to be a Hatchback, it would be good to look at monocoque 7-seaters which offer good comfort for 6 people on board. The elder and younger kid would definitely prefer 3rd row over a rear bench with 3 adults. Ertiga or B-RV are the natural choices. Only Ertiga petrol fits the strict 10L OTR budget in case of 7 seaters.
Old 23rd November 2017, 18:28   #209
Senior - BHPian

At a 10L OTR budget, you won't get a proper 6-seater.

If you need a flexi-seater then look at Ertiga. If you are ok with a comfortable 5 seater, look at the Etios petrol.

I'd go with the latter, since its lot more tractable got the safety kit right. While the latest avatar isn't a looker, it has decent interiors to live with.

The BR-V is slightly over your budget here. Not sure how much you can stretch.
Old 23rd November 2017, 18:48   #210
BHPian

City > Ciaz > Verna. I wouldn't even consider the Sunny. What about looking for a S-Cross? Might fit the budget and will be useful for aged parents to enter / exit the vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks