Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2017, 20:37   #166
BHPian

Re: Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza

XUV is used 99% of the time in front and middle row.
And on long drives, when we start at 4 am or 5 am, we put a bed by folding middle row 60-40 split.

When I see Octavia, it can do the same thing, where, the rear seat can be folded flat and provide flatbed. So, I wont be losing much, as XUV 3rd row is unusable. And Octavia has higher boot space, than XUV when its 3rd row is folded.
Old 14th May 2017, 17:36   #167
BANNED

Re: Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 24th June 2017 at 10:30.
siddutta is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th May 2017, 17:05   #168
BHPian

Re: Diesel sedan: City ZX vs Vento highline plus DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
If manual, it all boils down to your preferences. The Vento is faster, has more sorted dynamics and better interior quality. The City is more comfortable, efficient, reliable and will have lower maintenance costs. The I-DTEC is much improved and the NVH is now comparable to the Vento.
Thanks Aaron for the suggestion. I ended up buying Honda city ZX I-DTec. I can say the NVH has improved a bit.
Old 17th May 2017, 02:07   #169
BHPian

Re: Diesel sedan: City ZX vs Vento highline plus DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
Thanks Aaron for the suggestion. I ended up buying Honda city ZX I-DTec. I can say the NVH has improved a bit.
Congrats on your purchase, wish you a great experience with the car!

Really glad that I was able to help.

How about an ownership report?
Old 17th May 2017, 07:00   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
Hi Automachine,
I am still in the same boat as yours and not able to decide. Following cars are under my consideration.. Ecosport diesel Titanium, rapid tdi dsg, and scross 1.3. Maruti is my last choice because of low power. I want to understand what factors made you drop the vento dsg and ecosport while zeroing on city I-DTec.
Regards
Chandan
Old 17th May 2017, 07:21   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewExperience View Post
Thank you guys. I guess I am still on the right track. City continues to be my first preference. For the second preference though, I have two options now - S Cross 1.3 and Ecosport Diesel.
Hi anewexperience,
So please share which one did you finalize among the above 3 choices- city, scross or ecosport diesel. I am in the same dilemma between scross 1.3 and ecosport.
Old 26th May 2017, 21:06   #172
BHPian

C Segment Sedan Confusion, upgrading from Beat

Hi,

As my team-bhp handle suggests i am proud owner of a Chevrolet Beat LT Petrol 2010 model. I was planning to keep the car for 2 more years till 2019. However, GM's decision to close down has made me re-think the decision primarily because 7 year old car will need quite a few replacement parts in the next couple of years and sourcing these may not be easy and cheap. I had bought the car for 4.6 L on road and even if i manage to get around 1.8 it would be great. The dilemma still remains but is more titled towards selling the car and getting a new one.

We have covered 57000 in 7 years with this car and the new one will also be doing similar numbers unless something significant happens. That's 8000/year or 700kms/Month. 80% of these 57000 Kms have been on highways for trips to Pune or Kokan belt and hence highway stability and safety is important.

Requirements:
a. Ride Quality and Safety
b. VFM
c. Fuel Economy
d. Reliability

We have shortlisted 3 options
1. Nov 2016 Manufactured Vento Highline Petrol @ 10.3 L on road
2. Nov 2016 Manufactured Rapid Ambition Diesel @ 11.2 on road
3. Brand New 2017 Maruti Ciaz Zeta Diesel @ 11.4 on road

Following is the final list which we used for the above shortlist

Used 2015 Vento Highline(P) 19,000 kms done - 6.5
Rapid Base(p)----------------- 8.46
Ameo Highline(D)-------------9.86
Vento High (P)2016------------10.36
Verna SX (P)-------------------10.63
Ciaz Zeta (P)-------------------10.61
Rapid Mid (D)2016-------------11.18
Ciaz Zeta (D)-------------------11.46
VernaSX(D)---------------------12.26
Rapid High (D)2016------------12.88

Any help or pointers will be highly appreciated especially by owners of the above mentioned cars.

Thanks

Last edited by Mr.Beat : 26th May 2017 at 21:08.
Old 26th May 2017, 22:33   #173
BANNED

Re: C Segment Sedan Confusion, upgrading from Beat

Firstly, I would suggest not to sell your Beat at this moment since the difference between you selling it now and 2 years later would not be anything more than 30-40k. The Resale value has already taken a hit.

Coming to the sedan options, any reason why the Honda city is not considered? It has just been facelifted and the V MT model is great VFM.
From your current options, for a brand new car, I think decide once Petrol/Diesel and of those options the Vento/Rapid being basically the same car choose the one which gets you the features you like with a better deal. Don't consider the Verna as a new gen model is just round the corner.

If you're okay with used, that Vento highline is great value at 6.5 ! Almost 4 lacs savings, for such a lightly used car. Just make sure the mileage and the car is genuine. I would lap it up and try a bit more negotiation.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 22:44   #174
Senior - BHPian

Honestly if you have a budget for a new car for 12L, try used marked for D segment from 2010 models.

I mean even a 2010 MKV jetta can be picked for say around 6 and even a 2-3 lak prep work on the car will give you more smiles per miles. Same is the case with an Accord or even a Corolla.

Reason i say is if you are open for used car, these cars are a steal for what they offer. New age ciaz may offer jazz, but the d segment cars will have their own.

Safety on the D segment was way better than current generation C in many aspects and you should really consider atleast having a look at some used cars before picking a new C segment. I used to be buy only new cars, but i think it makes more sense to use the money wisely over a 4-5 year old car and enjoy a higher segment for 4-5 years.
VW2010 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 00:10   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Honestly if you have a budget for a new car for 12L, try used marked for D segment from 2010 models.

I mean even a 2010 MKV jetta can be picked for say around 6 and even a 2-3 lak prep work on the car will give you more smiles per miles. Same is the case with an Accord or even a Corolla.

I used to be buy only new cars, but i think it makes more sense to use the money wisely over a 4-5 year old car and enjoy a higher segment for 4-5 years.
Thanks for responding!

The budget is 10-11 OTR. You will not believe my search started with the used cars segment only and specifically with Jetta. But Jetta is discontinued now and going through the Jetta thread it seems some people are not having a very good experience with VW. I remember a very recent post where one gentlemen having to put in 30-40k every year to maintain his Jetta is good condition. Secondly Corolla/Altis post 2014 are very expensive while the 2011/2012 ones are very bare bones in terms of simple features and spending 7-8 L on such a car did not make sense

Example:
https://www.cartrade.com/buy-used-ca...s/2579675.html

Instead of this for a similar price i am getting a Vento Highline run only 18k which seems a better deal if the car is genuine.

Thanks again, i will be visiting the used car market tomorrow to check a few more cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Firstly, I would suggest not to sell your Beat at this moment since the difference between you selling it now and 2 years later would not be anything more than 30-40k. The Resale value has already taken a hit.

Coming to the sedan options, any reason why the Honda city is not considered? .

If you're okay with used, that Vento highline is great value at 6.5 ! Almost 4 lacs savings, for such a lightly used car. Just make sure the mileage and the car is genuine. I would lap it up and try a bit more negotiation.
Honda City Petrol VX MT was coming close to 12.81 and no current discounts available. That coupled with 6 month service interval was enough for us to put it off.

I'm confused with Petrol/Diesel because i like the driving the diesel but my running is good enough only for petrol.

Verna is also out of the budget along with interiors that i did not take a liking to.

I'm also inclined towards to used Vento. The dealer has said it also has cruise control but i doubt it.

Finally i do not trust Chevrolet to give good service and i am pretty sure the market will be flooded with Chevy cars that don't sell. The VW used car area has a Beat which they had bought in exchange for a Vento in 2016 may which they haven't been able to sell.

Thanks again for your inputs

Last edited by Mr.Beat : 27th May 2017 at 00:13.
Old 27th May 2017, 00:25   #176
BHPian

Do anything, but don't buy the Vento P brand new: it is a depreciation disaster. Im considering selling mine, and it is honestly a task.
If the used one is a genuine deal, let someone else take the depreciation hit, and pick it up.

The Petrol Engine is not the best in segment though: it has enough pep, but is best suited for sedate driving.
kkkkkaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 00:34   #177
BHPian

I would suggest you go for the Ciaz. The European cars are better engineered, without an iota of doubt. Unfortunately, their A.S.S. is a hit or a miss. Suzuki and Hyundai seem to have their supply chain and their after sales in place. Also, if you spending so much, why buy a used car? Even if you run it by a couple mechanics before you buy it, there will be no warranty. Better safe than sorry.
invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 11:34   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Do anything, but don't buy the Vento P brand new: it is a depreciation disaster. Im considering selling mine, and it is honestly a task.
If the used one is a genuine deal, let someone else take the depreciation hit, and pick it up.
I am a sedate driver and generally stick to 80km/h on highways with the Beat so i'm assuming i will be happy with the Vento P.

Thanks for your inputs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I would suggest you go for the Ciaz. The European cars are better engineered, without an iota of doubt. Unfortunately, their A.S.S. is a hit or a miss.

Agreed!

We are biased against the ciaz only because it is from Maruti. I am circumspect about its highway performance and turbo lag both of which i am sure are not issues with the Europeans.

Had Ciaz been a lakh cheaper, it would have been in our Parking already!

Thanks
Old 27th May 2017, 12:27   #179
Senior - BHPian

I am in the same boat as you. Looking for an upgrade over my old 06 Honda City. I am inclining toward a used Elentra both petrol and diesel. Has everything I need in a car and a proper upgrade over the old City. I am also looking at used Altis but like you said post 2014 are going 14 plus. I am only looking at an AT though.
Old 27th May 2017, 12:43   #180
Senior - BHPian

My suggestions are as below:
1) Stick to your Beat as of now. It doesnt make sense to let it go immediately post the declaration. Beat will be supported as it was one of GM's better selling cars. Depreciation hit in 2019 wont be substantially different from current scenario.
2) Consider a petrol. Period. Your monthly mileage of approx. 700 kms doesnot warrant a diesel. Pls. note that Diesel is approx. 1 lacs more expensive at the time of purchase. Additionally, maintenance cost will also be marginally higher as compared to Petrol.
3) If going the pre-owned way, sticking to Japanese/Korean would anytime be a safer bet. Toyota has bulletproof engines. Thy are good picks any day. I agree the cars are uninspiring to drive and bare bones interior wise.
Else, you could buy a pre owned Linea TJet at a nominal cost as depreciation for Fiats are huge. Save the dough and enjoy your long drives.
Alternatively, you could also consider the Ford Fiesta (face lifted). It didnt sell but was a scorcher nevertheless.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks