Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2014, 18:07   #31
BHPian

Re: Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs Honda City vs Hyundai Verna vs VW Vento vs L

Nice pictorial comparison.

It must have taken a hell lot of time to compile all of them, but i guess there is some errors in the price comparison you have given at the end. Verna Base Diesel @ 10.08Lacs and Verna Top End Diesel @ 10.54Lacs both Ex-Showroom Mumbai. I wish such was the reality actually, it would be so much easier to choose variants while purchasing a car

Nonetheless a great effort. Keep it up
Old 10th October 2014, 18:16   #32
BHPian

Re: Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs Honda City vs Hyundai Verna vs VW Vento vs L

What a post by anurag. Pure gold. A new bar has been set for comparison threads. I very much appreciate the time and effort taken to compile this data. Thank you.
Old 10th October 2014, 19:01   #33
BANNED

adding quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Considering the Fiesta just got a fresh breath of life and the Rapid now comes with more features and engine/gearbox options, perhaps they ought to have been added to the list as well?

Thorough pictorial comparison otherwise
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Great effort. However, in case of vento, the new version should have been compared and there are some errors in the features of vento. you may need to take a look again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
I feel it would be fair if the current variant is included in this comparison.

Also agree with Ishaan about including the Rapid too in the comparison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
Just a heads up. I'd just like to post the alloy comparison of the Ciaz with the one on the facelift Verna. I surely feel the latter takes the cake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The facelifted Rapid could have been a good addition as well but really good job otherwise. Will help a lot of folks who are planning to buy the Ciaz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshY1 View Post
BTW, I'm just wondering why the Fiesta and Rapid weren't included in the comparison. Is it because you were tired after 26 hours of non-stop work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
One small error is in post #6 and 7 where Vento Comfortline is mentioned as base-varient and Vento Trendline is mentioned as mid-varient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
I am also interested in fiesta and rapid comparison
Dear All,

I have noted down the shortcomings in the report. Comparison of Ciaz vs Rapid, Fiesta and Manza will be added shortly.

Shall add the required points in my following posts.

Thanks to all.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 10th October 2014 at 19:15.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 20:25   #34
BHPian

Hey Anurag, I must confess its an excellent writeup.

Pls include the upgraded Ford Fiesta as well
Old 10th October 2014, 21:05   #35
BHPian

Really a great effort Anurag.

You probably should name this thread as a C2 Segment Sedan Ready-Reckoner. Anybody looking for a C2 Sedan can first view this thread and based on the whole comparision go ahead for further reviews.

Only one issue would be that all the cars are compared against Ciaz rather than all being compared to each other, which I know would be a real tedious efforts.
Old 10th October 2014, 21:13   #36
BHPian

.......meanwhile, guys at Honda/Hyundai on the Ciaz being compared with City/Verna:

On topic: That's a fabulous effort Anurag, a big thank you from the bottom of my heart, especially for the price comparison.

I however find it amusing (no offense) when people compare Ciaz with City, Verna (read C2 sedans) and the likes. I feel Ciaz neither belongs to C1 nor C2 (can we call it C1.5 segment?). I would say it's an overpriced C1 segment car for the puny engines (diesel in particular) it offers. It just made the Etios (the most under rated car of the India auto industry) so much value for money. The Etios and Fiesta classic are way ahead of it in terms of performance and we are comparing it with fast petrols like the City.

Guys at Toyota (Etios)/Ford (Fiesta classic) after the specs and pricing of Ciaz are revealed:

Last edited by GTO : 14th October 2014 at 15:11. Reason: Reinstating pics :)
wheeledsoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 23:19   #37
BHPian

Thank you Anurag for this excellent comparo. This should have taken some marathon effort.

Just my few observations:
1. The OVRM in the Vento comparison is interchanged.
2. The pictures and spec of the Vento are of the older version :-(
3. The diesel auto price of the Vento could also be given.

Sorry, I know I am nitpicking. But, thought these changes and a few others mentioned by others would make this already great comparo even greater.

P.S. all my observations pertain to the Vento. This is because I am really interested in it, nothing more.
Old 11th October 2014, 00:20   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeledsoul View Post
That's a fabulous effort Anurag, a big thank you from the bottom of my heart, especially for the price comparison.

I however find it amusing (no offense) when people compare Ciaz with City, Verna (read C2 sedans) and the likes. I feel Ciaz neither belongs to C1 nor C2 (can we call it C1.5 segment?). I would say it's an overpriced C1 segment car for the puny engines (diesel in particular) it offers. It just made the Etios (the most under rated car of the India auto industry) so much value for money. The Etios and Fiesta classic are way ahead of it in terms of performance and we are comparing it with fast petrols like the City.
Can any of the mods please edit my above post and retain the quoted content, as the gifs aren't working. Doesn't our forum support gifs?! they were working in the preview though. I cant edit my post as it's been more than 30mins. You can delete this post after editing the above post of mine. Thank you.
Old 11th October 2014, 04:38   #39
BHPian

Anurag,

Lovely review of each car in comparison with the Ciaz. Really a great effort put in by yourself. Oh yes, I wanted the comparison of Ciaz vs Rapid, Fiesta and Manza as well.
Old 11th October 2014, 07:34   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeledsoul View Post
I would say it's an overpriced C1 segment car for the puny engines (diesel in particular) it offers.
How about the Corolla? You would call it an overpriced Etios for sharing the same engine? Or the Jetta 1.4P / Fluence 1.5D even?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeledsoul;3553794It just made the Etios ([I
the most under rated car of the India auto industry[/i]) so much value for money.

Forget that its on the bottom of the list for having the worst exteriors + interiors - even when you call Ciaz diesel as puny, you are willing to overlook the fact that Etios just makes 68 PS compared to the Ciaz's 90?

Under-rated cars are usually from manufacturers who dont have the brand value to go with the segment. A car from a brand like Toyota is almost never under-rated. Its at the bottom for a reason!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 11:50   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
How about the Corolla? You would call it an overpriced Etios for sharing the same engine? Or the Jetta 1.4P / Fluence 1.5D even?
Please refer to this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ura-et-al.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Forget that its on the bottom of the list for having the worst exteriors + interiors - even when you call Ciaz diesel as puny, you are willing to overlook the fact that Etios just makes 68 PS compared to the Ciaz's 90?

Under-rated cars are usually from manufacturers who dont have the brand value to go with the segment. A car from a brand like Toyota is almost never under-rated. Its at the bottom for a reason!
Did you mean the quality of plastics? Though I agree it's a plain Jane in terms of looks. Guess my post wasn't clear, but by performance and VFM, I meant petrols. I agree with you on the diesels though.
Old 11th October 2014, 17:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Indeed a very good effort.
As I am hunting for a car for good one year now, I can clearly say there is no perfect car.
The Verna has become old model and is terrible at high speeds, otherwise an awesome engineered car.
City has been around for 2 decades and kind of tired of the name, no big difference in terms of looks from the previous gen, delayed delivery a big turn off, bad noisy diesel engine.
Vento has always had a sedate look but now it has become dated, though available with a new engine and a good automatic option.
Rapid somehow looks better than the Vento and more value for money, but that gets equated at the service and maintenance, love the european build quality.
Ciaz teased me too much for nothing, wasted pre-booking money, no news of when the car is ever going to make it, top end ZDI+/ZXI+ still has unsorted issues expecting delivery only post feb 2015. The most uncomfortable front and back seat even after having so much space to work with.

Left with a sore incomplete feeling.

What would I like is a verna engine and styling, in City seating and body, with vento sturdiness and quality, Skoda immediate availability, with Maruti service.

They should all consider working together as they are failing to make the perfect machine, time and again.
Hey Visaster,

Verna is no longer terrible at high speeds, I have the 2014 Verna which I had bought on July 5th 2014. I have so far clocked 5000 kms, and Hyundai has taken the customer feedback seriously and have tweaked the suspension and the steering feedback.

I had a 1000 km trip last week and I did not find any problem with handling even at 120+ speeds. No unsettled behaviors on uneven surfaces. I can say this confidently because, I had a i20 earlier and have done the same stretch many times and I could really feel a lot of difference in the handling (improved). And the engine is super silent and smooth. Mileage too is great for a 1.6 Crdi engine. I got a mileage of 20 kmpl with AC on all time (Tested with Tankful to Tankful method) and speeds of 110-120 KMPH.

With the ongoing discounts, Verna seems to be very VFM car.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks
Karts.
karts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 19:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

Very nice and excellent comparison and I salute the pain and effort that had gone in behind the fantastic compilation. A reference guide indeed.
Old 12th October 2014, 12:30   #44
BHPian

Anurag : This thread that has lots of practical information to help decision making ! Appreciate the mammoth effort you took to put together this information. Salute.

My personal views :

I love the clean lines of the Ciaz compared to the fluidic inspired ones of Verna and city. Wife likes the fluidic ones though.

Front look wise city comes last due to the bugs bunny type front grille ! must say here Verna gets top position followed by Ciaz.

Interiors: i guess here verna takes the cake followed closely ( very closely) by City and Ciaz

Rear looks wise - City and that's it.

Side profile : Again like i said Ciaz because its more cleaner.

One a dreamy note : I would have loved the power (engine) and interior part quality of the verna, the packaging of Honda and rear space of the ciaz all in one car.
Old 12th October 2014, 17:47   #45
BHPian

Visited Maruti showroom today to check out Ciaz. Nice car with lots of lots of space. But was astonished at the price. It's way beyond the cost of Ertiga and top end is close to 12 lacs in Bangalore. Not a pretty sight.
Attached Thumbnails
Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza-20141012_174118.jpg  

karavadi143 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks