View Poll Results: Whats your pick?
Chevrolet Optra 1.6 19 76.00%
New Honda City 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2005, 23:52   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but I think the new laner 1.5 at the lowered price makes it a better buy than the nhc. Gives the same mileage but more performance, space and comfort.
You got to be kidding me!Lancer gives 10kmpl wih great diffculty, plus its performance isnot great either in stock form! Space no match with the NHC nor when it comes to comfort! Yeah handling maybe better!
Old 22nd September 2005, 00:52   #77
Senior - BHPian

I myself own a lancer. I am talking of the FE I get from my car and it has been consistent(sfxi variant)

Its performance is not great like the old honda city but is just adequate enough and better than that of the NHC.It is also involving and fun to drive the lancer.

Space certainly is well managed in both.

the dislikes I have

the rear suspension is a touch soft
13" wheels(14" is an option)
power window motors are a bit weak
well thought out but dull looking interiors(new lancers have dual trim which looks good)

the best way to judge is to take a test drive of both. the dealers also give the FE tests of their cars with 100ml runs.take a TD and decide which is better.

optra1.6 MAY be bigger, mopre spacious,mpre comfortable and more powerful than both these cars but I cant comment on it as I dont have much experience with it.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 22nd September 2005 at 01:02.
Old 22nd September 2005, 01:19   #78
Senior - BHPian

None of the above are as safe as a petra with ebd and airbags though and not even a match in performance and value.

the car may be smaller and FE not great(is just ok)but still It sells in INdia at a lesser premium price than what lancer,optra and city do.
Old 22nd September 2005, 21:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
None of the above are as safe as a petra with ebd and airbags though and not even a match in performance and value
It no longer comes with airbags or ABS! It used to before!

Petra is smaller then the Lancer, City and the Optra!

@devarshi - The Lancer was a great car but now with the launch of newer cars its left now where! Lancer is no way close to Optra or NHC! IN Top Gears latest issue the Lancer comes 3rd and the NHC 2nd and the New optra 1.6 1st! No Some Bhpains must be wondering where is there fav Baleno. It was not in contention! The Average which TG has given is not even warrying by 1kmpl. The NHC giving slightly more then the Lancer and the Lancer where slighlty more then the Optra! Performance wise the Optra 1.6 is way fat to 100 and the lancer and NHC are very close with a difference of some .25secs!

Lancer seems to be no where! Even a Baleno is better then Lancer as of today! Wonderful engine the Baleno has! THe lancer seems to be underpowered as of todays standards!
Old 22nd September 2005, 22:48   #80
BHPian

optra hatcback

any confirmed news on the optra hatchback and the price range? The dealer in chennai says there is no such plans whereas AutocarIndia confirms a Diwali launch!

is there news from elsewhere? please update folks!
Old 23rd September 2005, 21:31   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as i know there is going to be a Optra design edition, Soon!
Old 23rd September 2005, 22:29   #82
BHPian

Here is the news..
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1239853.cms

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser
any confirmed news on the optra hatchback and the price range? The dealer in chennai says there is no such plans whereas AutocarIndia confirms a Diwali launch!

Old 23rd September 2005, 23:18   #83
Senior - BHPian

ohh has anybody mentioned that the Optra was designed by the desginers in Pinninfarina ?!?!
Old 22nd December 2005, 18:19   #84
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
-NHC average drops remarkably if your doing 100k's on the Highway..you need to maintain around 80 k's...
100% agree with you on this one. NHC fee reduces significantly if driven at more then 80kmph
Old 25th December 2005, 19:35   #85
Senior - BHPian

i voted for the optra too when this topic was launched but heck now i would not go with any of the 2 - i would get a Hyundai Elantra.
Old 25th December 2005, 20:06   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser
Optra my choice!
What about service costs? any inputs?
what kind of service costs dude ??
optra is giving 2 yr free service from GM ..atleast ours came with that limited offer but they are sticking to it now ... even beyond that you need show up with your car for routine service thats about it ..thats goin to cost you around 1200 - 3000Rs...
gone are those amby and padmini days ..cars nowadays are much more reliable, they just dont break down on their own ....
routine check ups are mandatory dats all ...

on the FE issue ..it is nowhere close to the figures of an NHC if what ppl here claim is true dat the NHC returns 13 kmpl in city ..phenomenal !
Optra we own is giving us around 8-8.5 consistently .. its past 1500km mark.

cheers

Last edited by turbo_lover : 25th December 2005 at 20:07.
Old 25th December 2005, 22:35   #87
Senior - BHPian

i would go for the optra.. powerful and spacious.. and also with some after market parts.. it could be better in terms of power
Old 26th December 2005, 12:02   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
i would go for the optra.. powerful and spacious.. and also with some after market parts.. it could be better in terms of power
Can you please emphasise on what after market parts are you talking about to increase the power¿
I thought it was very tough to get any performance out of the optra....
Old 10th January 2006, 03:44   #89
Senior - BHPian

happy to see that logic wins over fanboyism. Optra is a bigger and better car anyday.
Old 10th January 2006, 08:39   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
100% agree with you on this one. NHC fee reduces significantly if driven at more then 80kmph
isn't that true for any car ?
Reasons:
a) at 100+ u got to brake harder/more often when u come across other traffic, and variation in speeds is a bigger guzzler than any constant
b) wind resistance becomes a real factor
c) higher revs anyhow....

Even my OHC behaves the same way. Did 80-90 steady once and got 16+kmpl, usually manage only bet 12-14 doing 80-120.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks