Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which has a better driving experience especially above 120 kmph+ and on Bad roads..
Hyundai Accent CRDi 2 4.44%
Mahindra Scorpio 2.2 mHawk 2 4.44%
Tata Safari 2.2 Dicor 18 40.00%
Mahindra Logan 3 6.67%
Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi 8 17.78%
Hyundai Elantra CRDi.. 12 26.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2008, 12:05   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
that would be the best way. good hatch/sedan for highspeed runs and a cheap off roader/ SUV for load carrying/ rough roads.

best compromise would be innova. its an allrounder.
yeah but the diesel innova struggles past 140.. and its BIG..it handles good for its size..

I have seriously been thinking of 2 vehicles especially after starting this thread and getting good feedback..

thank you guys..
Old 16th February 2008, 13:42   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
may seriously give it a shot once i do a TD..
That is if you get the Test Drive. The TD vehicle has not arrived yet at my dealer.

Quote:
yeah but the diesel innova struggles past 140.. and its BIG..it handles good for its size..
I would not say it struggles, it takes it takes a bit time but it does manage to reach there, and if you add a Petes Box, it will surely reach 140 faster and go to 160 too with no problems.
Old 16th February 2008, 14:43   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I would not say it struggles, it takes it takes a bit time but it does manage to reach there, and if you add a Petes Box, it will surely reach 140 faster and go to 160 too with no problems.
No BUSA, its not the same..as OE cars touching 160 effortlessly..

the fun is in getting there fast enough to be able to enjoy it..rather than waiting for the needle to touch the number

I'm not for Petes box or any mods - a no mods guy - believe in OE for performance
Old 16th February 2008, 14:45   #79
Senior - BHPian

or would say that i perfer to keep my number 1 vehicle stock..and the number 2 vehicle fully modded
Old 16th February 2008, 20:52   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not for Petes box or any mods - a no mods guy - believe in OE for performance
If thats the case, get the Safari 2.2VTT and reclaim your life, you cant mod it anyways, atleast in India yet.
Old 18th February 2008, 13:20   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If thats the case, get the Safari 2.2VTT and reclaim your life, you cant mod it anyways, atleast in India yet.
Well..looks like i will settle for that..will do a TD and decide between the 2.2VTT..Am also keen on the Fiat Palio 1.3 JTD..thats one awesome diesel man and the Fiat build quality will ensure great handling
Old 18th February 2008, 20:55   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well..looks like i will settle for that..will do a TD and decide between the 2.2VTT..Am also keen on the Fiat Palio 1.3 JTD..thats one awesome diesel man and the Fiat build quality will ensure great handling
Why not look at the Optra Magnum and the Getz CRDi. Also the Innova will give you much more peace of mind then the Safari.
Old 18th February 2008, 21:12   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why not look at the Optra Magnum and the Getz CRDi. Also the Innova will give you much more peace of mind then the Safari.
The optra appealed to me..but GM and Sundaram Motors service put me off. The Innova is good car but lacks the top end i'm looking for. The Getz CRDi is a possible contender..will keep you guys posted soon.
Old 21st February 2008, 21:00   #84
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the Skoda Fabia..hugely dissappointed..need more power..the car is noisy for a 3 cylinder and does not have any power..the power i look for is the surge to push you back into your seats.

Also at around 8.7,,it did not appeal to me..Maybe should check the Getz CRDi or else settle for the Swift D with the bells and whistles

will post my TDs soon.
Old 21st February 2008, 21:27   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Test drove the Skoda Fabia..hugely dissappointed..need more power..the car is noisy for a 3 cylinder and does not have any power..the power i look for is the surge to push you back into your seats.
Was it noiser then your Indica?
Old 21st February 2008, 22:22   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was it noiser then your Indica?
No..but it was more noisy than my 3 cyl CRDi accent! And there is no surge in pick up..it was very very sedate..good for a 50+ person. Also, maybe my expectation from a skoda was huge..The octavia did impress me with its power spread inspite of being a TD, but not the Fabia. :(
Old 21st February 2008, 22:30   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also at around 8.7,,it did not appeal to me..Maybe should check the Getz CRDi or else settle for the Swift D with the bells and whistles

will post my TDs soon.
I was eagerly waiting the launch of this car. I love Skoda Octavia. Disappointed with Fabia!!

Another car I eagerly awaited was Getz CRDI. I have been hearing good experiences. Do post your experience.

All the best!!
Old 21st February 2008, 22:35   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We had a Palio Diesel and it was a gem. Fiat Palio 1.3 JTD will only make things better if it comes with the same build quality.

So the choices now are Tata Safari 2.2, Getz D, Swift D and Palio 1.3 JTD.

I like Getz D, Swift D and Palio 1.3 JTD.

I do not have any experience with Tata Safari 2.2. But I think it satisfies your requirements, based on the reviews.
Old 21st February 2008, 22:41   #89
Senior - BHPian

Am also on the lookout for a jeep..to do the heavy duty stuff..So may rule out the safari after the TD as the Tata *** is BAD..real bad. My 02 Indica DLX suffered due to the poor service of the *** staff - Kudos to Tatas foe making little trucks that run with no maintenance

So the real choices now are the Getz D and the Fiat 1.3MJD..personally the swift does not appeal much due to the stiff suspension. I'm no race driver, and have to drive around 800 kms a week, time spent daily in my car is close to 6 to 8 hours. So it should make me comfortable and i should enjoy the drive

Plus I need it to be Diesel and under 10L
Old 21st February 2008, 22:42   #90
Senior - BHPian

*** is After Sales Service - somehow it does not appear!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks