Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 12:41   #31
BHPian

I just bought a cedia ( 1 month old ) and loving every bit of it. Its one terrific & usable car. It has power , style , common-sense. The sound it makes while starting up ( can't describe, but with open windows, that sound is sweet ) makes you fall for it over and over again.

Now coming back to why i posted here, i found that the Sales team at Southern is light years better than the team which came in from ford ( albeit 8 months back ). I would rate them 8/10 alongwith nandi-toyota guys. If ford is to surprise you, it would be the car which does it and not the folks at sales.
Old 25th June 2008, 13:27   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not going to say anthing different. I drove the Cedia sports on one occasion and was completely amazed by its handling capabilities.
Old 25th June 2008, 13:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Well, I am a contended owner of a Fiesta 1.6 sxi. Cedia is from a higher segment.I've never driven it, but heard lots of applause about it.
If budget and FE are not a concern, go for the Cedia.It also has more space.
Else the Fiesta 1.6 is in itself a scorcher, and a great handler.
Old 26th June 2008, 13:51   #34
BHPian

Hi Santosh, What the price for your cedia. Wanted to get a fair idea of the second hand rate.
Old 26th June 2008, 14:07   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hi Santosh, What the price for your cedia. Wanted to get a fair idea of the second hand rate.
I got the ordering done before the 15K fiasco*. So i got the car at 9.5 and along with that i got Sun-film ( llumar at side & rear ) + they have promised me a body cover.

*- A recent duty being levied upon cars with more than 1.5 L capacity.
Old 26th June 2008, 15:05   #36
BHPian

There is a Magnum Diesel on the forum classifieds. Check this out. Seems like a deal:
Team-BHP Classifieds - Optra Magnum LT - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

BH.
Old 28th June 2008, 16:24   #37
BHPian

I went in for an Optra Magnum Diesel a month back and am loving every moment of it. Driving it on the ring roads of Bangalore.

Cedia is also a good option provided you are ok with a petrol or ALPG vehicle. The only reason I did not go in for a Cedia is because it did not have any option in diesel.
Old 30th June 2008, 14:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car'zy View Post
Bad news! I got to know last night that the car has been sold for 7.28 Lac to a Auto showroom guy in Domlur. :( I was heartbroken, and yeah, I dont know what i was waiting for! I guess i should have posted this sometime back. I was told they will wait for me but then I was undecided for a long time.

Things like this keep happening, don't be sad. however you going for the ford fiesta 1.6S test drive. Do let us know what has changed, besides the 15 inch alloys and the headlamps cluster which is curved. However they say that the suspension has been uprated, do let me know about the suspension. i will also be taking a test drive if possible.
Old 11th September 2008, 09:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If budget and FE are not a concern, go for the Cedia.
Guys, I get 11.5 to 12.5 kmpl in City with Cedia. I think it is good FE for this segment.
Old 11th September 2008, 10:38   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
Guys, I get 11.5 to 12.5 kmpl in City with Cedia. I think it is good FE for this segment.
Thats pretty good.
I get around 10kmpl in city with AC on for 70% of the time.
Driving the cedia is a great pleasure, so I do not even fell like compromising on the FE.
Old 11th September 2008, 10:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

Cedia needless to say.Im absolutly amazed by its performence and FEE.Im getting a stupendous 11km in City with 100% AC.Highway FEE was 14.5 with top speed of 140km @ 3500 rpm.
1.6 Fiesta Sports is no match.
Old 11th September 2008, 11:46   #42
BHPian

I test drove both the Fiesta S and the Cedia. (Elegance - Sports was not available)

Although Cedia has been number#1 on my wishlist for long now, I had to convince myself that I liked the Fiesta better overall. I do not have much to add to what numerous people have already written about on these two cars.

Purely on performance - Fiesta somehow seemed faster off the blocks, I could feel the Cedia coming into its elements only in the third and fourth gear. While I test drove Fiesta on sunny afternoon amidst mostly sparse traffic, The Cedia drive was late in the evening on largely jam-packed roads. I could only push it to 120 odd Km/hr mark. Anything to do with that?

The one lasting memory of the drive was the Cedias braking prowess. I thought it was just great in coming to a controlled halt. Also, it was quite comfortable while nudgied it on the third gear in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Although the Fiesta didnt hit any on the speed breakeres, the skirts wold hit, the Sales guys kept jumping up his seat and begging me to slow down over the Road humps. I dont know how it will behave when fully loaded? That is a very important factor for me because I would be travelling Long distances on bad highways atleast once a month.

As of now, the heart somehow still pumps for the Cedia and I'm waiting for the face lifted Sports version, subsequent to which I will finally decide on either of these cars! City and Linea are perhaps not my taste and I somehow feel this ultimately could end up being a heart over the head decision!!
Old 11th September 2008, 15:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

Cedia is a little lazy low down. It starts getting interesting only past the 1500-2000 rpm band and beyond 4000 odd you'll get another burst of torque. The Fiesta is better low down as are most ford engines however it starts feeling unrefined quite soon.

Haven't driven the Fiesta S which I hear has stiffer springs. The older one had quite a lot of body roll. Also do be aware that the stock Cedia rubber is terrible both for ride quality and handling. With better rubber, both improve quite substantially.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 11th September 2008 at 15:41.
Old 11th September 2008, 16:11   #44
BHPian

I havent driven the Old Fiesta extensively, but the Fiesta S was quite stable and composed around corners. But then it was only a test drive and mine was limited to 20 Kms. But by all accounts its a great handling car, and most also rate it the best drivers car for under 10 Lacs!
Old 11th September 2008, 16:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Haven't driven the Fiesta S which I hear has stiffer springs. The older one had quite a lot of body roll.
The older Fiesta 1.6 has body roll?

Haven't felt it yet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks