Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2008, 19:33   #61
BHPian

Ouchhhh... that's bad NEWS! bang into Magnum's territory @ 11.5 lacs! it would make any (?) sale difficult... what a disaster... blame those HM/Mitsu morons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
With the Cedia Facelift, actually a let down and the price at ~11.5 OTR bangalore for the Spirit which is the only variant, it pretty much looses out to the Fiesta is terms of what it offers for the money.

Fiesta 1.6 S is clearly in front on the VFM front when compared to Cedia.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:17   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
How sure are you on this?
Can you confirm on the NON COSMETIC changes as well. who gave you this information as I am also looking for a Cedia Sports.

My recent test drive with Fiesta S was good but my heart is still with the Cedia.
The source is a moderately relaiable one, but I wouldnt bet my money on it. He had told me about the changes in Spirit which has turned out to be true. And i'm very much in the same boat, liked the Feista S but heart still with the Cedia!
Old 10th October 2008, 19:07   #63
BHPian

I am still going with the CEdia Sports
Old 13th October 2008, 17:22   #64
BHPian

The new ford looks nice, but i heard from one of the service guys who is a good friend of mine , who was with Lathangi before Lathangi shifted to Ford, that the number of cars turning up with problems have quadrapled ever since they shifted to Ford! Doesnt speak much good of Ford cars. On personal experience, Cedia is a very good car but for mileage! And trust me, you will get addicted to driving it that you wont care much for milage!
PS:Too bad you missed out on the 7 lakh car!!!!
Rgards,
TG.
Old 13th October 2008, 17:34   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
that the number of cars turning up with problems have quadrapled ever since they shifted to Ford!
Also bear in mind that this could be partially because Ford sells that many more cars in India than HM does.
Old 13th October 2008, 18:22   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Also bear in mind that this could be partially because Ford sells that many more cars in India than HM does.
That fact seems to have been conveniently overlooked when that statement was made. No wonder we have people who blame Lathangi's service post shifting to Ford. The mindset hasnt changed, it seems.
Old 22nd January 2009, 14:29   #67
BHPian

Apologies for not updating the thread I had opened - I have already gone for the Cedia Sports recently. Booked one and then, the morons at Southern ditched me with a price protection thing they had promised. (In the process, I also ended up losing the processing fees I had paid SBI, since my loan was already approved).

At the same time, I was offered a one year old Cedia and I went for it, in the process saving a few lakhs, and I'm glad for it!

Thanks, everyone!
Old 22nd January 2009, 14:50   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Infact ford sells more than 10 time the number of cars that HM/mitsu does.
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:07   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car'zy View Post
Apologies for not updating the thread I had opened - I have already gone for the Cedia Sports recently. Booked one and then, the morons at Southern ditched me with a price protection thing they had promised. (In the process, I also ended up losing the processing fees I had paid SBI, since my loan was already approved).

At the same time, I was offered a one year old Cedia and I went for it, in the process saving a few lakhs, and I'm glad for it!

Thanks, everyone!
Congrats car'zy!

07 or 08?, km on odo?, price?

Also pics would be appreciated!

Elito
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:12   #70
BHPian

Congrats on the new car Carzy.
Regarding Mileage, this car wouldnt give any competition for what a fiesta would give. But it isnt that bad as well, I believe I got around 14-ish (highways) prior to first service with a driving style that would not speak itself as economy.
You might have to change the lights, especially if you are into highway driving.
Cheers again!.

Quote:

Thanks, everyone!
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:40   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Congrats car'zy!

07 or 08?, km on odo?, price?

Also pics would be appreciated!Elito
Thanks!

Details - Oct 2007 Model - Black - 18000 odd on the odo - with complete service history and stuff. Price was 7 lakhs.

(I guess a little on the higher side? But then, I was really tired of running around and black was the color I wanted, so just made peace and went ahead.)
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:43   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Congrats on the new car Carzy.
Regarding Mileage, this car wouldnt give any competition for what a fiesta would give. But it isnt that bad as well, I believe I got around 14-ish (highways) prior to first service with a driving style that would not speak itself as economy.
You might have to change the lights, especially if you are into highway driving.
Cheers again!.
Thanks! Well, I was told by the previous owner that he used get around 9-10 Kmpl in the City. I think its a par thing in the jam packed Bangalore traffic.
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:47   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

Details - Oct 2007 Model - Black - 18000 odd on the odo - with complete service history and stuff. Price was 7 lakhs.

(I guess a little on the higher side? But then, I was really tired of running around and black was the color I wanted, so just made peace and went ahead.)
Gr8 car!! Black rocks on cedia!

Yes a little pricey..but then its okayyyyy

Now waiting for some pics!

Elito
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:40   #74
BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Vs Cedia

These are the 2 cars for enthisiasts within the price band of 10L (+/- 1.5L maybe).
I cant find a comparison between these two. Can people add their opinion?
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:47   #75
Team-BHP Support

You can make a call based on services. I would vote for ford services to be better. Also I think Fiesta is much lighter than Cedia. Hence may be tad more efficient in terms of power/weight ratio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks