Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2009, 20:17   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Sure. I am not saying there will be an equal % of people who will talk about rattles, but I am sure there will be atleast 10-15% for sure.
I think this would be really interesting, kind of a case study. Guys let try it out. My ANHC is very silent as my OHC which was very silent as a obedient kid till i sold it !

Tejus,

i think you have heard Abhi in this thread of his. take good TDs and decide. In my opinion, i would always suggest the ANHC.I simply cant see myself paying so much for a suzuki. Also go through what fstindrive has to say in this thread.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 13th December 2009 at 20:29.
Old 13th December 2009, 20:33   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by te_jus View Post
guys plz help me out i am looking for a petrol car bce my running is very less i am looking for a performance as well as good avg, My budget is within 10. i heard the new sx4 is really good with a avg of 15 is it true kindly suggest me
Hey Tejus,

Better book a test drive for both SX4 and ANHC and try out yourself. When you are spending 10L, it's worth testing it all by yourself and in case you have some queries later, you can post them and people can help you.

cheers,
Laxminarayan
Old 13th December 2009, 21:19   #108
BHPian

Well, Good for you Abhi... Congratulations on your decision!!!

I have read this thread carefully... because I am in a cross road between ANHC-auto and SX4-auto. Given the Bangalore traffic, and my affordability, I have decided an auto box for my next car (planning in Feb 2010).

Heart says ANHC... Head Says SX4.

Down side: Neither of them compare with my Cedia in their manual avatar.
Old 13th December 2009, 23:43   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Unless there are competitive/desirable products from other brands within the respective segments, Honda will continue to command premium pricing..but having said, the ANHC pricing seems reasonable... in fact its specification closely match with Cedia... as to SX4 and ANHC pricing in the same band in other regions/countries, let us not forget that SX4 comes with 2.0 L engine/body kit/sat nav/cruice control/side airbags etc..
naturally, I compared apples to apples, i.e. the price of the 1.6 L VVT option agains the price of the city...
Old 14th December 2009, 00:08   #110
BHPian

Hey Abhi, congrats on your decision, You made a decision not only with the info available in this forum, but also based on your TD experience, past experience and your future needs.

Please do not try to justify anyone in convincing a few (or should I say large number) on why you took that decision. You liked it, you found your needs fullfilled on this and confident that this will provide value for the money you spend.
You did not decide some other car because many other people bought it or someone asked you to buy or more importantly did not get carried away with any brand (Maruti or Honda). Your decision was purely objective based on the several parameters both the brands presented.
I am sure the people who feel bad about spending time for 6 pages (I thought we are voluntarily helping a friend in buying decision) also read the TD in this website (TBHP - home page)for both Civic and ANHC, especially the owners disliked section. They can also read the cruze vs civic vs altis shoot out in TopGear. Both the sources gave me some good info on the popular brand, which only re-inforces my thoughts. I am convinced that you landed on a good product and you will never regret it.

Congrats and Enjoy your new drive.

Let us know the next steps, booking, color, buying, first day and accessories so on so forth; and lot of photos please.

Last edited by Car&me : 14th December 2009 at 00:16.
Old 14th December 2009, 21:14   #111
BHPian

hello car & me,

may i know why have you not suggested the reading of TD of cedia in this forum. Honda service may be arrogant in your sense, but dont you think that its pathetic to find out whether a proper service centre exists before buying some car , viz., for eg: cedia.( which our forum suggests)

I feel an arrogant service centre is better than no service centre at all???
Old 14th December 2009, 23:07   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
may i know why have you not suggested the reading of TD of cedia in this forum .
I guess you were too busy trying to find reasons for throwing mud at people who dont support your views. In another thread (where you are there as well) I asked wise men to look into the same TD and I had indicated there Mitsu sore point is service center availability. If you cant locate it please let me know I will show that to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
I feel an arrogant service centre is better than no service centre at all???
I agree with you on this. Only wise people can think this way, I will never be able to comprehend your thinking .

Last edited by Car&me : 14th December 2009 at 23:09.
Old 14th December 2009, 23:26   #113
BHPian

Congratulations Abhi !!

Wish you good luck with the booking and delivery.

Hope you have you have updated the I booked my car thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ar-thread.html

Amogh
Old 15th December 2009, 13:30   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Why the hell should I pay 2L extra for the city here then? Is it some sort of special Honda India tax?
I really loved reading this comment, infact i might read it again later reflects my thoughts too very precisely... its a nice car but atrocious pricing !

Congrats on your new car ! All the best !
Old 15th December 2009, 19:51   #115
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you were too busy trying to find reasons for throwing mud at people who dont support your views.
Excuse me, i am not here to throw mud on anybody as your language talks.

Its seems the other way round, though !

I think you should be using better language in this forum.

By the way, i am only airing my views thats it. I dont expect anybody to accept or support my views.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 15th December 2009 at 19:53.
Old 15th December 2009, 20:00   #116
BHPian

abhi182, have you booked, are you getting the vehicle before the year end.

Eagerly waiting for your updates.
Old 16th December 2009, 01:43   #117
BHPian

booked, expecting delivery by Friday
Old 17th December 2009, 22:10   #118
BHPian

Congrats Abhi ...

Iam a newbie on this forum and just happened to read this thread as it features two cars that i own - SX4 ZXI and CITY SMT.

I also observe that there has been lot of heated exchanges that has been a by-product of your thread

Well coming to the topic...

The CITY is mostly driven by my wife and i take the liberty of driving it couple of times a week. The refinement and sheer comfort of driving makes it great. There are various other pluses but i will reserve them for some other time.

The SX4 - well its MY CAR as my wife does not even have the confidence to move it from one parking slot to another. I think the tagline MEN AMONG CARS suits HIM more than anyone else.

Much like Bombay, in Chennai or any other metropolis, gone are days when the H-Badge made anyone turn their heads on the road. For a common man on the street the Japanese H or Korean H does not make any difference. And for learned Auto-men Badge is not definitely a top priority.

I still regret the fact that I did not go in for the ALTIS instead of the ANHC, even thopugh I had the finances. I would not call the ANHC trash as many bashers do. But you feel short-changed after the initial euphoria of owning the car wears over.

SX4 on the other hand is a car that grows on you as time rolls over. To be totally honest, I chose this car over Fiesta solely due to Maruti Service. But in retrospect, its one of the best decisions that i ever made. You have to drive it to believe it. The only thing that works on the unruly Indian city roads is Disciplined Intimidation of the tarffic offender infront of you. For example, To get the Auto driver who has scant regard for traffic rules move out of your way with a little bull-dozing that intimidates him. This i must say the SX4 does much better than ANHC.

As a matter of fact, on the same road(s) with almost similar traffic over a 16 Km ride, I generally reach my office faster by 5 - 10 mins when am in my SX4 compared to the ANHC.

Move to the rural Indian bad roads and you experience the magic of SX4's GC.
i WOULD NEVER DARE TAKE MY ANHC ON SOME OF THE ROADS THAT THE SX4 traversed.

And yeah, the most debated point - FE. SX4 is none too bad compared to the ANHC. With the VVT engine, it can only get better.

I love my ANHC for its own special reasons, but since you have already made your choice I will stop here.
Old 18th December 2009, 01:54   #119
BHPian

^^ haha, love your choice of words - Disciplined intimidation
Old 18th December 2009, 11:51   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND View Post
As a matter of fact, on the same road(s) with almost similar traffic over a 16 Km ride, I generally reach my office faster by 5 - 10 mins when am in my SX4 compared to the ANHC.
This is what a high driving position and good ground clearance can do.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks