Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 15:20   #121
BHPian

Quote:
You have to drive it to believe it. The only thing that works on the unruly Indian city roads is Disciplined Intimidation of the tarffic offender infront of you. For example, To get the Auto driver who has scant regard for traffic rules move out of your way with a little bull-dozing that intimidates him.
Hey man,

I think, one should use a car for better reasons.We have to be more matured on the streets, than try to react the same way the auto guys act on the road. We have to act much much better than those. We should work on making things better on the road than adding to the chaos !

Our forum too encourages better and safe drive on the streets.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:35   #122
BHPian

Out of SX4 and ANHC, I would prefer the SX4 for the following reasons

1) I feel SX4 is more peppy, you will love it if you live on BHPs
2) GC obviously is more in SX4
3) I dont generally digest this, but there seem to be a high poll across for preference of Maruti A.S.S over Honda A.S.S
4) Spare prices of Maruti is cheaper than HONDA, though SX4 interiors have ample room for improvement.
5) Finally the most important, ANHC is overly priced, though its a good car. I think you can sneak into the premium sedan price category if you have the budget for ANHC.

Why dont you consider Fiesta ?

Or if you are ok with a hatch, you should wait for the Polo and then there is the Linea 1.6 D which I feel should be a big hit

The above are purely my own perspective and no intention to hurt anyone's sentiments
Old 18th December 2009, 15:51   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Hey man,

I think, one should use a car for better reasons.We have to be more matured on the streets, than try to react the same way the auto guys act on the road. We have to act much much better than those. We should work on making things better on the road than adding to the chaos !

Our forum too encourages better and safe drive on the streets.

OOPS.,, if my thread sounded as an advocacy for unsafe driving let me rephrase myself.

The keyword is DISCIPLINE and not INTIMIDATION..

Heres the scenario..
You are stuck in peak hour traffic - you obey the rules and are parked behind the car / vehicle right ahead. Theres this smart auto guy squeezing in on you from the left, pushing his luck, trying to get into the space between the two cars.

There are two options - you let him get in between and drop a place in the line and keep allowing every auto that follows to do the same. The other option is to confidently inch your car ahead and get the message clear to the autowallah that his nonsense wont be tolerated. The auto guy gets the message and stays back - you retain your position in the lane.

I dont suppose this amounts to unsafe driving by any means.

And what i meant was iam more comfortable doing the aforesaid manouvre with SX4 than with my CITY.

When am driving the CITY, am more of a sedate driver while with SX4 iam a bit more adventurous with these traffic miscreants on the road - always sticking to the traffic rules.

This is what saves me valuable time in reaching office.

And for the record, I dont advocate Unsafe driving and Road rage.
And always wear seat belts.
Old 18th December 2009, 16:51   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Why dont you consider Fiesta ?

Or if you are ok with a hatch, you should wait for the Polo and then there is the Linea 1.6 D which I feel should be a big hit
Siva,

he is already done with the decision. for info.

Abhi,

Is your car with you as expected today.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 18th December 2009 at 16:54.
Old 18th December 2009, 16:57   #125
BHPian

i must say that ANHC does not (definitely) have the advantage over SX4 when it comes to mileage and rattling.

there are no such issues with the car. i get a respectable 14 in city and 15.5 on highways, the same as 3 poeple i know who have ANHCs get.

And theres absolutely no rattling in over 10000 kms of bad roads. of course you have to ensure that you dont drive your car over potholes as if it was a tank. even hummers will start rattling like that!

i thank god i didnt buy the ANHC as it just didnt suit my requirements of highway driving comfort, GC, seating position, and of course being a maruti.

ANHC is more suited to people doing only city commuting and like the honda badge (No offences anyone!!)

the key to getting a good mileage is keeping the tacho between 1.5 to 2k rpm.

Last edited by bblost : 18th December 2009 at 17:41. Reason: back 2 back posts, use edit when posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 18th December 2009, 17:46   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Siva,

he is already done with the decision. for info.

Oh thanks for flaring it ! In that I hope my post helps others in their decision making !

Abhi..congrats..awaiting your report on the vehicle !

MODS : My suggestion, since a decision as well as the booking has been confirmed I feel this thread should be closed.

Last edited by s3va : 18th December 2009 at 17:55.
Old 18th December 2009, 18:45   #127
BHPian

[quote

i thank god i didnt buy the ANHC as it just didnt suit my requirements of highway driving comfort, GC, seating position, and of course being a maruti.

ANHC is more suited to people doing only city commuting and like the honda badge (No offences anyone!!) quote]

I beg to differ on the highlighted areas in your thread..

If its a well-maintained highway, the driving comfort of ANHC is a lot better than SX4.

The comfort of rear seat travel in ANHC beats the SX4 hollow.

I dont know on what basis you reached the conclusion that ANHC is suited only for city commute. Being an owner, I can vouch that ANHC is equally suited for both city and highway commuting.
Old 18th December 2009, 20:34   #128
BHPian

Hey I.Vaga,

Two vagabonds around.:-)

I second your opnion on what you have told about the ANHC and i am sure everybody having "H" badge will.

Your findings are absolutely correct!

There is nothing wrong in liking the "H" badge, since its worth it. The one who has the badge know the values of it. So let it be !
Old 18th December 2009, 20:57   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Two vagabonds around.:-)
It seems my cousin has joined here, He is the one who is in government service and owning two cars viz. ANHC and SX4.

Hi Indian, i am your first cousin, i turned vegetarian, hence i have changed my family name slightly to Vegabond.

good to know that you also own a ANHC, like me, I joined this forum about 14-15 months ago, unlike you i gained from the experience of fellow owners prior to making decision about ANHC.

see you around,

Sorry to hijack the thread and going off topic

Last edited by StarVegabond : 18th December 2009 at 21:07.
Old 18th December 2009, 21:32   #130
BHPian

[quoteMODS : My suggestion, since a decision as well as the booking has been confirmed I feel this thread should be closed.[/quote]

Hey.,, lets wait till Abhi posts his pics atleast.

@ nandans

What iam against is trashing any car without getting the record straight!!
And Just for the record, Iam not a big fan of Badges.

Nevertheless, I love Honda (as much as i love Maruti) inspite of a couple of unpleasant incidents with the service staff.
I changed the dealer and things were in place.

As much as the product, I also believe its also the dealer who makes or breaks the Brand/ Badge.

@ starvega

Nice to see another Vagabond.

And before you go after the Income Tax records of this govt employee, I have a declaration - The sole owner of the aforementioned ANHC is my wife who works with a MNC.

@abhi

Waiting to hear from you
Old 18th December 2009, 22:55   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Waiting to hear from you
Got the car
Will be taking it for a long driver tomorrow, to put in a detailed drive report
Today, I could just use it for 20 odd kms being a working day.....

What I liked so far:
- Maruti seems to have done a good job with the engine....
Fairly noiseless (at least uptil 3k rpm which is the max i hit today being the run-in period) and reasonably peppy... Doesnt seem to be prone to knocking as I noticed going up an incline and the rpm dropped down to 1.2-1.3k in the 5th gear thanks to an auto struggling on the incline... didnt need to downshift despite that...

- The suspension seems to manage bad bumps with surprising ease... Since my other cars is a Corsa , I guess this statement does have some real meaning

What I didn't like:
- Really poor speakers esp in the rear.. I hoped i could live with em for some time but seems like they'll need a fix soon

- The gearshift seemed notchy to start with but it actually seems to have improved by the evening....perhaps because it hasn't really been worked so far so will have more details tomorrow
Old 18th December 2009, 23:24   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Got the car
Will be taking it for a long driver tomorrow, to put in a detailed drive report
Today, I could just use it for 20 odd kms being a working day.....

What I liked so far:
- Maruti seems to have done a good job with the engine....
Fairly noiseless (at least uptil 3k rpm which is the max i hit today being the run-in period) and reasonably peppy... Doesnt seem to be prone to knocking as I noticed going up an incline and the rpm dropped down to 1.2-1.3k in the 5th gear thanks to an auto struggling on the incline... didnt need to downshift despite that...

- The suspension seems to manage bad bumps with surprising ease... Since my other cars is a Corsa , I guess this statement does have some real meaning

What I didn't like:
- Really poor speakers esp in the rear.. I hoped i could live with em for some time but seems like they'll need a fix soon

- The gearshift seemed notchy to start with but it actually seems to have improved by the evening....perhaps because it hasn't really been worked so far so will have more details tomorrow
Hey Abhi, congratulations on a truly good buy. I took delivery of my SX4 VVT ZXi last Monday, and its a lovely car. Maybe I missed it on the thread, but what colour did you take. Its been pure pleasure driving it these last few days. Such fun. Details are on my thread of initial ownership.

Congratulations again.
Old 19th December 2009, 02:03   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND View Post
[quote

ANHC is more suited to people doing only city commuting and like the honda badge (No offences anyone!!) quote]

I beg to differ on the highlighted areas in your thread..

If its a well-maintained highway, the driving comfort of ANHC is a lot better than SX4.

The comfort of rear seat travel in ANHC beats the SX4 hollow.

I dont know on what basis you reached the conclusion that ANHC is suited only for city commute. Being an owner, I can vouch that ANHC is equally suited for both city and highway commuting.
The basis, my dear friend, was two long journeys on a perfectly maintained highway (read pune - mumbai Eway) in both the cars. And by the way, i just gave my own opinion as every one else has, no reason to get perturbed and bold those words!
Old 19th December 2009, 10:41   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
The basis, my dear friend, was two long journeys on a perfectly maintained highway (read pune - mumbai Eway) in both the cars. And by the way, i just gave my own opinion as every one else has, no reason to get perturbed and bold those words!

Nice to know that u r regular on the Mum - Pun Eway.

I too am a regular weekender (infact every week !!!) on that route. Mum - Pune on the E way and further up on NH4 till Satara and back. So hope to see you around.

Coming to the topic,

Mine was a totally personal opinion since i own both the ANHC and SX4.
And on the above Highway circuit, i personally prefer travelling in my ANHC than my SX4, as i find its interior comort levels better ( the only sore point being the absence of ACC).
Old 20th December 2009, 01:34   #135
BHPian

Posted the pics here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1642521
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks