Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2009, 09:11   #136
BHPian

No ACC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND View Post
Nice to know that u r regular on the Mum - Pun Eway.

I too am a regular weekender (infact every week !!!) on that route. Mum - Pune on the E way and further up on NH4 till Satara and back. So hope to see you around.

Coming to the topic,

Mine was a totally personal opinion since i own both the ANHC and SX4.
And on the above Highway circuit, i personally prefer travelling in my ANHC than my SX4, as i find its interior comort levels better ( the only sore point being the absence of ACC).
I thought the ANHC did have ACC!! by the way how is the sound of tires on Eway. i think the stock tires on the SX4 make too much noise. did you change the stock to something else?

mum-satara every week?? wow. arent you extracting every penny worth of driving fun from your wheels!!
Old 20th December 2009, 10:32   #137
BHPian

Automatic Climate Control is something, which i suppose, Honda feels the ANHC is not worth !!!!!
Its reserved for the premium sedans (Civic & above) from the Honda Stable. (I dont know about the latest VMT offering but my SMT doesnt have it).

I havent changed the Stock tyres of SX4. I recently came to know about the higher noise it makes from this forum. Personally though, i love the mild grunt of SX4 to the almost complete silence of ANHC.

As far as Mum - Satara is concerned, its more to do with family commitments than fun driving .
Although repetition of the same route is sometimes boring, i still love the drive every bit, especially in the Monsoons !!!

By the way, am a little interested to know whether the latest variant ANHC - VMT comes with ACC !!! Can someone throw any light on this ??
Old 20th December 2009, 11:19   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way, am a little interested to know whether the latest variant ANHC - VMT comes with ACC !!! Can someone throw any light on this ??
No ACC in the new V model. But Honda was very generous enough to upgrade the central knob to rotary with silver color. Next year, they will put Civic's ACC knobs as upgrade
Old 20th December 2009, 12:37   #139
BHPian

after using the ACC in SX4, i firmly agree that its an absolute necessity in indian conditions where the whether changes every few KMs. Honda should have given it in the car it sells the most.
Old 20th December 2009, 14:59   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
after using the ACC in SX4, i firmly agree that its an absolute necessity in indian conditions where the whether changes every few KMs.
Interesting, which part of the country? . Not in Bangalore at least.
ACC would be desirable thing, a convenient and nice to have feature for me.
Since I am not used to this luxury, I don't find it as absolute necessity.

Last edited by Guna : 20th December 2009 at 15:04.
Old 20th December 2009, 19:19   #141
BHPian

Quote:
its an absolute necessity in indian conditions where the whether changes every few KMs

I stay in Bangalore, i have never experienced such weather changes. Moreover i have never found ACC necessary at all. People used to drive without fans in the car some years back. Having an A/c itself is a boon for car users. What else can one ask for?

@SX4

i wonder why you have not realized that ANHC has no ACC after driving ANHC on the MUM-PUNE E way ???? Why such a surprise over it ???

You realized the SX4 is better than ANHC after driving both ANHC & SX4, but failed to understand that ACC is available in ANHC, Well, i am really amazed !!! \

Are two drives on the MUM-PUNE eway not enough for one to understand this and also about the tires noise in ANHC. Quite shocking though !

Last edited by nandans2005 : 20th December 2009 at 19:35.
Old 20th December 2009, 19:30   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
ACC would be desirable thing, a convenient and nice to have feature for me.
Since I am not used to this luxury, I don't find it as absolute necessity.
I would draw an analogy of ACC in sedans to power windows in small cars.

They may not be an absolute necessity; but are desirable, Convenient and nice to have feature...

If you arent used to it, you dont feel the need for it.

But once you get used to the luxury, you cant do away with it.

ACC is an excellent feature in SX4 that immensely improves the interior comfort / luxury levels in the car.

Considering the immense comfort levels that ACC offers, Iam strongly of the opinion that ACC should be added as standard atleast in the top-end version of ANHC.
Old 20th December 2009, 19:49   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Iam strongly of the opinion that ACC should be added as standard atleast in the top-end version of ANHC
i feel suggestion like this will help the all the car manufacturers.

By the way, can i request you to stop using the bold letters please. I feel it is spoiling your posts. Try and avoid it. Its a suggestion.
Old 20th December 2009, 19:58   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post

i feel suggestion like this will help all the car manufacturers

By the way, can i request you to stop using the bold letters please. I feel it is spoiling your posts. Try and avoid it. Its a suggestion.

Suggestion taken.

But some habits are hard to let go !!!!

Neverhteless, I will surely try.

I think an individual mail from every owner oF ANHC in Team - BHP (who feels ACC is a necessity) to Honda will go a long way in getting ACC introduced in this sedan.
(I had written one a couple of months back, but no reply yet !!! )
Old 20th December 2009, 20:03   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would draw an analogy of ACC in sedans to power windows in small cars.

They may not be an absolute necessity; but are desirable, Convenient and nice to have feature...

If you arent used to it, you dont feel the need for it.

But once you get used to the luxury, you cant do away with it.

ACC is an excellent feature in SX4 that immensely improves the interior comfort / luxury levels in the car.

Considering the immense comfort levels that ACC offers, Iam strongly of the opinion that ACC should be added as standard atleast in the top-end version of ANHC.
I agree with you and I perfectly understand how 'Maslow's hierarchy of needs' works.
'Absolute necessity' is something we can't do without, but yes, even these things are also relative to a person.
Old 20th December 2009, 20:17   #146
BHPian

Guna,

In my pyramid, ACC doesn't figure.

Do you place like to place ACC anywhere in the pyramid?
Old 20th December 2009, 20:54   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I agree with you and I perfectly understand how 'Maslow's hierarchy of needs' works.
Well, still with Maslow and its application to cars,
ACC cannot be discarded . It has to figure in one among the five levels of the pyramid.

I would personnaly like to have it at the base, at Level 2.
However, Level 3 would be a more optimistic one if we take Honda's point of view into consideration.

Iam told even the MANZA has ACC !!!!
Can someone clarify ???
Old 20th December 2009, 21:03   #148
BHPian

Hey I, Vaga,

Lets cut it ! I think ACC is not the bench mark for the features. I feel that your opinions on the ANHC are always with comparsion with the SX4. I feel opinions should be done on need basis rather. Dont tell me that you have started comparing ANHC to MANZA ! i am out of this discussion if this comparison is being done!

Last edited by nandans2005 : 20th December 2009 at 21:07.
Old 20th December 2009, 21:53   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Hey I, Vaga,

Lets cut it ! I think ACC is not the bench mark for the features. I feel that your opinions on the ANHC are always with comparsion with the SX4. I feel opinions should be done on need basis rather. Dont tell me that you have started comparing ANHC to MANZA ! i am out of this discussion if this comparison is being done!
@nandans

Lets chill....

I would never make the mistake of comparing ANHC with MANZA.
No owner of ANHC will dare to do that !!!

As far as SX4 is concerned, comparisions are bound to occur since i own both and I personally feel as per present standards, both are in the same bracket.

What stops HONDA from providing ACC on ANHC is something which i fail to understand !!!!! Its not an extra-special feature which is meant only for premium sedans like CIVIC I suppose (Hence I said EVEN the Manza has it).

ANHC is a great car being subject to a lot of criticism from Honda bashers in particular and others in general, due the lack of attention to a few finer details from Honda (and that includes ACC).

In my opinion, Honda has taken for granted that CITY will succeed in India, irrespective of competition, due its glorious past (which in my opinion is true to a great extent ) - 50000 cars in a year is proof.

A LITTLE MORE ATTENTION FROM HONDA TO THE BEST SELLING SEDAN IN INDIA will definitely make the owners more happy.

HONDA shouldnt end up like Nero, who slept when Rome was burning and let competition get the better of this great car.
Old 20th December 2009, 22:43   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guna,

In my pyramid, ACC doesn't figure.

Do you place like to place ACC anywhere in the pyramid?
I guess somewhere towards the top (probably 4th level) of the pyramid, which is occupied with more psycological and emotional needs . Such things can add to the feel good factor. More importantly the competiton keeps pushing the boundaries and what was considered as luxury sometime back will soon becomes standard stuff.

Quote:
Well, still with Maslow and its application to cars,
ACC cannot be discarded . It has to figure in one among the five levels of the pyramid.

I would personnaly like to have it at the base, at Level 2.
However, Level 3 would be a more optimistic one if we take Honda's point of view into consideration.
Even I feel Honda should have provided ACC (and probably whatever else the competition is offering) on the topmost variant which would have satisfied certain segment of buyers.

Last edited by Guna : 20th December 2009 at 22:49.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks