Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 17:37   #106
Senior - BHPian

The OHC when it was launched in 1998 had this type of colour on offer I believe it was called the Blue Matallic Pearl. It too had a dual tone effect based on the ambient light.
Old 1st April 2010, 17:57   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
^^ Thanks for the explanation. I think I should catch up with your ride some day to check it out. I have seen such color-changing in Toyotas and Lexuses in the middle east,which they call it as White-pearl, Black-pearl etc.
Sure. I live in the Annanagar area. I think you are right. Even the Corolla offered here comes in a pearl white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The OHC when it was launched in 1998 had this type of colour on offer I believe it was called the Blue Matallic Pearl. It too had a dual tone effect based on the ambient light.
Post some night time pics of your Cedia if you can.
Old 11th May 2010, 14:45   #108
Senior - BHPian

@khoj: hope you were able to lay your hands on the momo stering wheel. The car looks stunning, and that grill and smoked head lamps add to the charm - I am in love with this car

Blue were never high in my list of colors, but your Blue Streak have changed my perception.

now now, when are you updating us with the first drive impression?
Old 11th May 2010, 15:28   #109
BHPian

Khoj, Big Congratulations man. I am sorry for a late reply on this thread as was drowned in work last few weeks. The car looks amazing with smoked headlamps and honey comb grill. Enjoy the car and stay connected. All the best!!
Old 12th May 2010, 13:44   #110
Senior - BHPian

@theexperthand,
thanks for the compliments buddy and the momo is my most favourite bit on the car, especially after I discovered that the OZs are actually Enkei's. I have been able to make only one longish drive that was to Haridwar for the dip in the Ganges during the Kumbh. Will post driving impressions soon.

@rishi_kapoor
Thanks Rishi and not just for your compliments. I trust you are better now. BTW I am looking forward to your new baby's snaps and review as also to getting in touch again, untill then Ciao.

Last edited by khoj : 12th May 2010 at 13:47.
Old 12th May 2010, 14:14   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
especially after I discovered that the OZs are actually Enkei's
!! Wasn't aware of that. Googled a bit and found this.
who makes the oz wheel? - evolutionm.net

True, that Momo is wonderful!
Old 12th May 2010, 14:15   #112
BHPian

The car looks great without the earlier body colored grille, which didn't really gel well.
Congratulations on the buy!!

EDIT: Some interior pics will be cool, if shared!!
Old 12th May 2010, 15:06   #113
Senior - BHPian

@shuvc

Thanks for the link, so I am not the only one who has been left with a bad taste in the mouth.

I was getting the tires changed and when they took the first one off, I picked up the wheel to see how heavy it was. Saw the Enkei cast into the wheel and for a moment it was the heaviest thing I had ever picked up. The tyre shop owner standing next to me was enjoying the whole show having seen it all before. I later confirmed with the Mitsu guys and they acknowledged that is the way it is supplied from wherever it is that they get the Cedia kits from.

On the flip side though made in Japan may just be the thing we need to go over the bumps, humps and other stuff on our roads and the MOMO more than makes up for it, at least till the day I find one opened up at one of the service centres.

@MARCUS_520i
Thanks man! Will be posting pictures soon.
Old 12th May 2010, 17:33   #114
Senior - BHPian

@khoj: never knew that OZs ware actually Enkei's! do post a pic of the cockpit and of the Momo's and make us drool.

@shuvc: thanks for the link.
Old 12th May 2010, 17:38   #115
BHPian

Quote:

@rishi_kapoor
BTW I am looking forward to your new baby's snaps and review as also to getting in touch again, untill then Ciao.

Here is the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...outlander.html
Old 12th May 2010, 17:41   #116
BHPian

By the way...any cedia owner interested in getting a set of these OZs may PM me.
Old 12th May 2010, 20:17   #117
Senior - BHPian

What? don't tell me you are up sizing or are you getting a new design?
Old 5th March 2012, 23:56   #118
BHPian

Re: Blue Streak Cedia Sports

Khoj,
It has been quite a while since you updated this thread. How is the car running? Would love to hear some more about it and some more pictures!
Anyways,
Since I think you already know that the Cedia now costs just 7.99 Ex-Showroom, A friend of mine is really interested in a blue streak cedia.
Here are some things I would like to ask you:
1. Do you think one should opt for a cedia now?
2. Any problems faced till date?
3. Also, I have heard that HM has replaced the original filter with a new one which affects the performance. Your take on this?
Old 14th March 2012, 17:01   #119
Senior - BHPian

^Is the blue colour available again? I thought they discontinued that one long back.
Old 14th March 2012, 18:11   #120
Senior - BHPian

Thank you DeKay for kick starting this long dormant thread. Will try and keep it updated hence forth.

1. More now than ever, at this price people should sell their existing vehicles and switch to the Cedia. It puts to shame the puny 1.8L, 1.6L engines not only on performance but on the mileage front too.

2. No problems thus far (touch wood) neither with the car nor the A.S.S.

3. Which filter is this? Air filter? Well they may have switched to a local vendor(not sure, just saying this) but then it is a standard size and one can throw in a K&N if one wants so this is not an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Khoj,
It has been quite a while since you updated this thread. How is the car running? Would love to hear some more about it and some more pictures!
Anyways,
Since I think you already know that the Cedia now costs just 7.99 Ex-Showroom, A friend of mine is really interested in a blue streak cedia.
Here are some things I would like to ask you:
1. Do you think one should opt for a cedia now?
2. Any problems faced till date?
3. Also, I have heard that HM has replaced the original filter with a new one which affects the performance. Your take on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks