Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 14:39   #46
~~h
BHPian

@Khoj: Congrats, the Cedia sport is a great car, and you'll fall in love with it the moment you sit on the driver's seat..

Pl. post pics, many of us haven't seen a Cedia in that blue shade..

Last edited by ~~h : 4th January 2010 at 14:41. Reason: readability
Old 4th January 2010, 15:02   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
+1 from me here. Stock tyres are just great (Bridgestone Potenza-III RE88). I haven't changed, now 2+ years and 15k on the Odo. Only thing I do, is to keep the pressure at 28 psi for city drives and up it to 30 psi when I do highways. It just glides and surprisingly minimum tyre noise even at 130 Klick speeds. Within city, 30 psi with only me in car rides really rough, while 28 psi is gives soft ride.

Going for 205/55/R15 would compromise on mileage, though your grip and comfort would increase. However, IMO, 195/60/R15 is more than sufficient for this car.
Thanks for the tip on air pressures, will keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I am currently running on the stock Bridgestones (195/60/R15, RE88), its been more than 40k kms and now its time for a change. though the current ones can still last another 5-7k kms. I plan to get the car a set of yokohama S drives (205/55/R15 or 205/60/R15, still to decide, waiting for some moolah, booked a swift Vdi so all my money going there as of now)

the stock tyres are good for the car, decent grip and decent comfort (kinda best of both worlds). However, if you love to corner a lot and drive frequently over 100-120, I would suggest you change the tyre, else I believe they are good. Also if you plan to change the tyres, get them changed as soon as you get the car, will fetch you good money as they will be new. If you change the tyres after running on them, they wont fetch even 30% of the price.

Also, my cousin’s cedia runs on good year 205/55/R16s (yes 16s, its not a typo), and the FE decrease is very marginal but handling is excellent. However, it’s a bit bumpy as well. I suggest if you upgrade get yourself a set of 205/60/R15 (Yokohama S drives or Michelin PPS2) for both good ride and handling. If you have more budget, Advans would work wonders.
Changing to 16" is a big no no for me. That is till I am bored of the OZ alloys.
I was thinking of CPC2 but will go out and have a look at the Yokos especially if they are being imported from Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post
Yes, I am running stock tyres only, after reading a few posts on TBHP I had decided to get the tyres changed to Michelin PPS2 or Yokohama, but the MITSU dealer insisted that the stock tyres (Bridgestone 195/60R15) are the best for this car and he advised not to make any chages. So, I decided to let it run for a few months and then take a call... till now, I am quite happy with the tyres, especially in city traffic I just love these tyres... If you will be doing a lot of Highway drives, then you may be better off with Michelin (is what i hear), but i am not a tyre expert. So, please check with Gaurav, Reignofchaos & RajaTaurus on this subject for their expert advice. But to me, as a layman, i just love the stock tyres the way they are and may not go for a change !

Do let us know updates on your Car delivery, all the best !
For info- everything was fine with my car at the time of PDI, except for a couple of minor scratches which the dealer has undertaken to re-paint during next service or anytime i wish. The other issue was the wheel alignment, the car was dragging to the right, after a lot of investigation, they said the suspension has to be opened and fit again, after they did this, the car has become even more smooth and speed/pick up has greatly increased... so, you may want to watch out for this as well. Good luck
Kartho thanks for the pointers. Will keep an eye out for such issues.

After reading raja's, gaurav's and your posts I have decided to stick to the stock size but will look at changing the make to Yokohama provided it is manufactured in Japan; CPC2 if they are available in stock size or Michelin Primacy LC for their low road noise capabilities again in OE size.

I do enjoy a spirited drive once in a while but for everyday usage it is the road noise that is of concern especially on the concrete roads that abound in Maharashtra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
yeah - I am a big PGW fan, and named my bike after Mr.Reginald Jeeves, the master Butler
(btw, how did you figure out the PGW connection? )

Are you a PGW fan?
Very big on PGW but that was many many moons ago.

This is how I figured it out. In your gallery you refer to your bike as Jeevs. This points to a very close relationship that you have with the Unicorn. I thought well a bike is like a man's constant companion. There when he awakens and still around when one goes to sleep. No demands for self and fulfills all that is asked of it, gets used to and caters to your whimsical demands etc. In return the man looks after its regular needs usual service etc and looks upon it more as a friend than a servant like a personal valet or a butler.

There are only two Butlers from the literary world whom I know of Cadbury from Richie Rich comics and Jeeves from PGW. Even with the slightly skewed spelling it seemed like a very good fit and here we are.

On the reading front, honestly it is the publishing house that I blame for my giving up on this wonderful author. About a decade back M/S Penguin India switched to a font for the paperbacks that would have ensured that readers vision would go for a toss and I did not have the money for the imported hardcover editions. Well 10 years later, here I am with my 6/6 vision but only distant memories of the antics of Bertie Wooster in the world created by Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse.

If driving the Cedia gives me even a fraction of the pleasure that Jeeves and company did it will be money very well spent.

Last edited by khoj : 4th January 2010 at 15:04.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:12   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Thanks for the tip on air pressures, will keep that in mind.

Kartho thanks for the pointers. Will keep an eye out for such issues.

After reading raja's, gaurav's and your posts I have decided to stick to the stock size but will look at changing the make to Yokohama provided it is manufactured in Japan; CPC2 if they are available in stock size or Michelin Primacy LC for their low road noise capabilities again in OE size.

I do enjoy a spirited drive once in a while but for everyday usage it is the road noise that is of concern especially on the concrete roads that abound in Maharashtra.
I use the same thumb rules for air pressure and the driving comfort is great... its really smooth. I live in Pune and the major part of my driving is on Concrete roads (Nagar road), I can assure you that there is absolutely no noise from the tyres. Anyways, when you take delivery of the car, you can drive on patches where you doubt the capability of the stock tyres and then take a call !
Old 6th January 2010, 03:31   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~h View Post
@Khoj: Congrats, the Cedia sport is a great car, and you'll fall in love with it the moment you sit on the driver's seat..

Pl. post pics, many of us haven't seen a Cedia in that blue shade..
Thanks Hilal.
I know,I wanted to keep the test drive car till mine came in.
Will upload the snaps once I have the car, meanwhile if you have not already done so, you can check out the colour in one of my earlier posts #13 on page 1 in this thread.

Guys,

The HM sales manager called yesterday and informed that the vehicle was dispatched from the factory on the eve of 31st and they expect the offloading on 6th night or 7th night. FYI the city limits of New Delhi are a no entry zone for heavy vehicles from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm. So even if the trailer may reach Delhi borders tomorrow morning it will still be a good 24 hours till I will actually get to see the car pre PDI and then there is the time required for registration etc.

So delivery would be either 7th or 8th let us see, I will keep you posted.
Old 7th January 2010, 23:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
@Khoj. Mr Goyal, who is sales head of excel motors is a very nice guy. You may quote my reference as he respects me a lot. Excel Motors' service is also very nice, there service head SN Sharma has eye for detail but needs a little push. Insist on being present during the first service at least.

I am very happy with my Cedia Sports purchase through them and service for both invex and Cedia.
Hi Rishi,

Sorry, I missed your post earlier.

Thank you for the references. I will say hello to Mr. Goyal for you and also to Mr. Sharma. BTW very interesting to see you with your Invex at the Sakal Bhavan. I think you are standing in the Belapur rail station parking.

Last edited by khoj : 7th January 2010 at 23:13.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:57   #51
BHPian

Congrats on the blue beauty, hope you taken delivery???

Quote:
So delivery would be either 7th or 8th let us see, I will keep you posted.
Old 8th January 2010, 13:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Congrats on the blue beauty, hope you taken delivery???
Thanks air wind.

No car in sight. Infact, the whole trailer with 6 vehicles in all is lost somewhere on the Haryana Delhi border due to fog since Wed-Thu night!!

Unbelievable, but that is what I have been advised.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:40   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Very big on PGW but that...money very well spent.
Wow, you are spot on.

The skewed spelling was a typo - he is actually named after the legendary Jeeves himself, and like him, he have never let me down till now.

You took words from my mouth and put them in your post - I echo the words you wrote - Jeeves is not a servant, but he is my best friend - an extension of myself.

I usually name all my bikes / cars and when I first rode my Unicorn, the first name came to my mind was that of Jeeves. From the very first moment I saw him, till now, I have never regretted naming him after the legend.

About the print - I think the omnibus editions by random House have slightly better print than the penguin books - I am still saving to buy the whole edition. maybe this year, I will do that.

I hope you get the news about the trailer soon, and get your Cedia soon.

Last edited by theexperthand : 8th January 2010 at 14:43.
Old 8th January 2010, 16:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

How I wish that Jeeves were around to go after the HM/Excel guys and have the Cedia materialize.

I will look for the omnibus/random house editions unless these are the hardcovers that I mentioned earlier. In which case I will wait for you to buy the whole edition and then borrow them from you one book at a time.
Old 10th January 2010, 18:20   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

The Blue Streak has finally arrived at New Delhi. I have just come back after having the first look at the vehicle. Here are some images including one of the boot + spoiler which shows a cobweb complete with a fly trapped therein. Per Saurabh the HM sales consultant that is the best proof that the vehicle has come in direct from the factory and has not been driven around otherwise the cobweb would have been blown away. Mean logic could not argue with that except to smile. Since it was Sunday no formalities regarding payment/documentation have taken place, except that I checked form 22, odometer reading and noted the VIN number. Can this be decoded to find out the manufacturing date as that is the one thing that I could not locate anywhere??

VIN : MA701CS6A9J002645

The odometer has a total of 14 Kilometers on it as of now. All fluids were to their optimum level. window glass motors are smooth to run, the remote works, body seems to be scratch and dent free. The remaining ralli art stickers are in the boot along with a set of factory supplied mats, first aid kit, spare tire, jack, basic tool kit and the glowing triangle. In the glove box are the owners manual along with three different cables to be attached to the ice system.

Tomorrow morning I will have to return to the dealership to initiate paperwork for allowing the pdi to begin, make payments and finally bring the Blue Streak home hopefully before lunch.

PS Sorry my photos are too big in size and will not upload. I am going away for now to try and resize them and will try and upload them as soon as can.

Last edited by khoj : 10th January 2010 at 18:29.
Old 11th January 2010, 10:24   #56
BHPian

hey man.. its great to hear that ! congrats once again and hopefully you will have the car real soon. enjoy !

when you get the car, take a lot of pictures and post them with your initial report in the test drives & initial ownership reports section ! looking forward to hear about your beauty
Old 11th January 2010, 10:36   #57
Senior - BHPian

This is what it looks like: Electric Blue
IMO this is the same color on the Evo 10.

Source: Google Images.
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Streak Cedia Sports-slide1.jpg  

Blue Streak Cedia Sports-mitsubishievox01.jpg  

Last edited by prince_pervez : 11th January 2010 at 10:39.
Old 11th January 2010, 12:52   #58
BHPian

AWESOME...
The last pics with the blue and black combo looks real neat and understated.
Old 11th January 2010, 14:43   #59

my VIN of Oct 09

Quote:
noted the VIN number. Can this be decoded to find out the manufacturing date as that is the one thing that I could not locate anywhere??

VIN : MA701CS6A9J002645
Hi,

Just to compare - my White Cedia Sports of 22nd Oct had a VIN of MA701CS6A9K002657; I was told that 'K' was for OCT, meaning it was assembled in Oct.

BTW, the blue color rocks!

Cheers
PbR
Old 11th January 2010, 23:29   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post
hey man.. its great to hear that ! congrats once again and hopefully you will have the car real soon. enjoy !

when you get the car, take a lot of pictures and post them with your initial report in the test drives & initial ownership reports section ! looking forward to hear about your beauty
Kartho thanks man, enjoy the snaps by prince_parvez for the time being. It is exactly the same colour. Regarding my car I arrived at the dealer ship at 11.00 with payment in hand and the car was sent for pdi. I was advised to collect the vehicle at 3.00 at which time I would be provided with a Temp no and final payments could be made. I returned to office and around 3 called up to find the status & was advised to come around 0530pm. Left office at 5 pm and on the way was advised that the vehicle was still at the service center. Went directly to the service center to find a gleaming beauty. However as they say beauty can be skin deep and that was the case here literally. Bang in the middle of the bonnet is an dirty yellow colour oval patch that is around 3" in dia. The w/s guys had been trying to unsuccessfully get rid of the same. In addition the R/H side skirting was loose beneath the front door.

Met the service manager and he said that since he was not in the shop the entire day the job was not done properly and has asked for time until 2pm tomorrow to fix it up. He is willing to give a written assurance that if the patch reappears within an year the bonnet will be replaced. The thing is I am going to keep the car for definitely more than an year. So if the patch reappears after two years then what? I will go back tomorrow afternoon and see the end results of the service center's efforts. Will update accordingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
This is what it looks like: Electric Blue
IMO this is the same color on the Evo 10.

Source: Google Images.
prince_parvez that is indeed the colour, looks great on the actual car too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbR2 View Post
Hi,

Just to compare - my White Cedia Sports of 22nd Oct had a VIN of MA701CS6A9K002657; I was told that 'K' was for OCT, meaning it was assembled in Oct.

BTW, the blue color rocks!

Cheers
PbR
PbR2,
Thanks for sharing your VIN, Mine is indeed a Sept09 car. I was able to check out quite a few VIN numbers at the dealers ends for vehicles delivered and in stock and the 11th digit is indeed the month. In fact the first 10digits were identical i.e. MA701CSA9.
Usually the 11th digit in VINs signifies the plant and the 9th digit is for the month. Guess HM/Mitsu are different.

Last edited by khoj : 11th January 2010 at 23:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks