Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 16:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

^^ Agree 100%. Closer comparison to Cedia is Fiesta. ANHC/SX4 to Cedia are not apple-to-apple comparison.
Old 27th May 2010, 17:22   #17

Please go for Cedia Sports or the new version Basic Sports ( if you don't mind gizmos missing). Its a good highway and city car. I have a Cedia Sports Nov 2009 model, done about 6000 in seven months, most of it outstation. The car is a superb performer. Do not worry about depreciation and resale value if you gonna keep for six/seven years. The Sports version comes with all goodies, just need to change the stock tyres, but heard that they too come with BS Potenza (earlier were BS RE88s) and headlamps upgrade only if you want to. Otherwise, superb sturdy,well built driver's car. You will never regret. It will brush through competition with a 2.0l petrol heart.......
Old 27th May 2010, 17:30   #18
BHPian

You should go for the Cedia and help increase it's sales. If you have the $$ to buy and run it, it surely is a wonderful car and you will not regret it.

I am also beginning to wonder how much ANHC sales are increased simply because of its selling numbers over other cars in range (following the herd mentality). It is overpriced by at least a lakh IMHO.
Old 27th May 2010, 21:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
I am also beginning to wonder how much ANHC sales are increased simply because of its selling numbers over other cars in range (following the herd mentality). It is overpriced by at least a lakh IMHO.
It is just that ANHC scores well in the areas which figure higher up in the priority for the majority buyers. One has to acknowledge that. By the way what you call as 'heard mentality' is sometime known as 'wisdom of the crowd'. Staying with the 'wisdom of the crowd' ensures that one cannot go wrong
Old 27th May 2010, 21:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
If you really want the Cedia and want the same car at a lower price, check out the sports basic. I believe it is priced @9.3L Ex Showroom. You get the same package with beige interiors, standard steering wheel in place of a MOMO one and no spoiler, rest everything is the same.

BTW the next best thing is the Fiesta. Do yourself a favour and do not buy either the SX4(built to a price & it is like a milk van see the front door opening closely when sitting on the front seat) or the ANHC with it's shoddy underpinnings and boorish experience at service centers. I've driven both cars extensively on highways and tell you what, my Swift Zxi is a whole lot more fun.
Sundaram Motors guy here in Bangalore tells me that the sports basic model is no longer available. According to him, Cedia sports is the only version from now on.
I have the Swift and if you seriously believe that its better than the SX4 and City on highways, you just tilted my opinion greatly in favour of the Cedia!
Old 27th May 2010, 21:49   #21
BHPian

@everyone: I have asked the Sundaram motors guy to give me another test drive this Sunday; if the Cedia gives me a high like it did the first time then that's it, I will book it. ( I think I am doing this just to reassure myself on 12 lakhs well spent - I already know it'll give me a high! )
Old 27th May 2010, 22:01   #22
Team-BHP Support

How is the FE of a Cedia? Is it pretty bad?
Old 27th May 2010, 22:19   #23
BHPian

Cedia has a rated FE of 13 kpl and the sales guy claimed a city FE of 10 and highway FE of 13 with the a/c on. Can any of the Cedizins confirm this?
Old 27th May 2010, 23:18   #24
BHPian

The website indicates ARAI figures of 13.09 kmpl

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.in/pdf/cediafuel.pdf
Old 27th May 2010, 23:46   #25
BHPian

City & SX4 are no comparison to Cedia which is far superior car in all aspects. It also fulfills almost all the requirements that you have so just go for it. As you've already figured out, it is a brilliant machine which in my opinion is great on value for money.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Cedia has a rated FE of 13 kpl and the sales guy claimed a city FE of 10 and highway FE of 13 with the a/c on. Can any of the Cedizins confirm this?
Highway with A/C on, maintaing cruising speed of around 100 will give you not less than 15 kmpl. My experience. And City driving - it varies between 8.5 to 10 depending on the mix of Bumper-bumper and fourth gear driving.
Old 28th May 2010, 09:32   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Highway with A/C on, maintaing cruising speed of around 100 will give you not less than 15 kmpl. My experience. And City driving - it varies between 8.5 to 10 depending on the mix of Bumper-bumper and fourth gear driving.
Ditto in my case too! If you get to drive in 4 and 5th gear in the city even for short stretches, you will easily get 10 kmpl.

This is what I noticed when driving in city with always AC on:

Mostly 2nd and 3rd gear driving - 8.5 Kmpl
Between 3rd and 4th gear driving - 9 Kmpl
4th and 5th gear driving - 10.5 Kmpl
Old 28th May 2010, 14:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Sundaram Motors guy here in Bangalore tells me that the sports basic model is no longer available. According to him, Cedia sports is the only version from now on.
I have the Swift and if you seriously believe that its better than the SX4 and City on highways, you just tilted my opinion greatly in favour of the Cedia!
sending a pm to you on this.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

niranjan, it looks like your dealer may be taking you for a ride. It's obvious he has a sports standing in his yard that he wants to get rid of. Only yesterday I read a new thread where a person in Chennai has picked up a blue-green sports basic (new color) so I am sure it's still available. You should try and reach out to the Mitsubishi/HM area manager and get the correct picture.

Take a look at this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...-team-bhp.html

Last edited by Gilead : 28th May 2010 at 14:50.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:48   #30
BHPian

@Gilead
khoj put me through to the area manager as well but I have sort of decided to go with the fully loaded sports version for that little bit of extra cash. I do hope the dealer has a Sports standing ready in his yard:I can then milk an extra discount out of him and not wait for the delivery either!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks