Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 07:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hmm. Somehow all 'what car' threads posing options between Cedia, ANHC,SX4, Linea etc turns out people bashing ANHC, it's owners (indirectly), ridiculing etc. Not a sign of a healthy and mature forum.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:36   #62
BHPian

The fact that we are part of a elite forum indicates that we are mature enough to approach the forum to discuss a suitable buy.
I am sure all of us made our choice and decision based on our requirements and not because someone else bought the car. In the same way we should help others making their decisions intelligently, without showing them the numbers sold or bought.

If he or she decides to buy an ANHC thats good, the number will go up by one to 40,001. But still that person has only one car and the experience he expected from the car may not be what the other 40,000 buyers looked into ANHC. Everyone's requirement is different and need not be the same even if it is 40,000 varieties.

I have not seen so much of interesting discussions when ANHC is not in picture. If this discussion had been only with other cars (without ANHC) only, it would have been not this type. Now this makes me feel if the emotions are trigerred by ANHC's good virtues?

Hey I am a happy Cedizen for the past 3 years, but in peace with my brother who owns a NHC.
Old 8th June 2010, 11:16   #63
BHPian

Urgent Help Needed! Cedia Sports or Fiesta 1.6S/Sxi/Zxi

Guys a lot has transpired since my last post and my position on buying a car/which car/my Dad buying a car etc. has fluctuated like crazy.

But there is some finality now and I want to close a deal before something happens to change my decision again! So here is how it stands:
My US business trip is now shortened to a month and I fly out this friday. My dad has postponed his decision to sell his current one and buy a new car and when he does it MIGHT be the Fiesta. I want to book mine before I leave this Friday. And here are my final two choices:

1) Fiesta S/Sxi/Zxi at 8.73 lakhs/8.01 lakhs/8.72 lakhs
2) Cedia Sports at 11.87 lakhs.

I test drove both of them more than once and just love them; maybe the Cedia a little more than the Fiesta S. So now my quandary is: Is the Cedia worth 3 lakhs more than the Fiesta?

And if you guys do suggest the Fiesta please do suggest between S/Sxi/Zxi as well. I love the way the S behaves but liked the interiors of the Zxi more. (Liked the Beige more than the Black interiors)

And if you guys suggest the Cedia: It's going to be the Red Devil!

PS: Quick and clear cut replies will be really appreciated!
Old 8th June 2010, 15:20   #64
BHPian

If you are seriously considering the Cedia, talk to the Mitsu representative for BLR and bargain hard, I got a huge discount on the Cedia Spirit and also got extended warranty free. In addition i bargained hard on the Insurance premium too. To what i know, Pune prices are almost same BLR due to high life tax and octroi, but still, i got my Cedia for a OTR Price of just above 10 !

If you are able to get a similar deal, you can forget about the Fiesta and happily pick your favourite car. Since you mentioned that you are planning to keep this car for a long period, I think its better to stretch your budget a little and get what your heart wants rather being all practical about it. Also, by paying a little more money than the Fiesta you get a much more powerful car with a much better ICE unit + other features.

The important point is, Cedia basic/spirit has biege interiors and that should check one more box of yours. You lose the MOMO, OZ wheels, Spoilers and fog lamps in the sports, but I was ok in not having all these if it meant i could have biege interiors. All the best.
Old 8th June 2010, 15:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
PS: Quick and clear cut replies will be really appreciated!
Stop thinking. Go buy the Cedia.

And coax dad to buy the Fiesta. Best of both worlds !
Old 8th June 2010, 15:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

The top end variants of the Fiesta are the S and SXi and they both cost the same. The ZXi is the middle variant.

S has black/gray/silver interiors. Will age well over time. Especially good if you have kids who will put their feet on the dash or on the glovebox etc. The S has a hard ride. Especially noticeable in the back seat. More suitable for a small family. Older people may not like the ride.

SXi has beige interiors, wooden finish center console, chrome grill and mirrors. Has a more pliant ride than the S. More of a family car than the S.
ZXi the middle variant and does not come with airbags and the soft touch materials and the chrome used in the S and SXi.

If you work in an 'A List' company like TCS, Wipro, CTS, there is a discount of 60K available. Not sure how many other companies are there on that list.

As for whether the Cedia is worth 3 lacs more, only you can decide that. The Fiesta is noticeably quicker than the Cedia in city drives. Has much better low end pull. The Cedia on the other hand has a bigger interior and a better ride.

You get the Cedia and let your dad get a Fiesta SXi.

Last edited by Gilead : 8th June 2010 at 15:38.
Old 8th June 2010, 16:28   #67
BHPian

Booked!

Just back from the Dealers. The Mitsu and Ford dealers are right next to each other on St.Marks road here in B'lore.
The Mitsu people said no more discounts, offered 10k worth accessories. Apparently the push by Mitsu is more on their SUV line and not on the Cedia.
The Ford people offered me a corporate discount and free accessories and some goodies that were not available on my model.
Had a nerve wrecking hour or two; took a deep breath and decided it should be the Fiesta!
I wanted to book the Aquarius Blue 1.6S - I loved the colour and was ready to compromise on the black interiors just for this shade. But got a big NO from my family after they saw the colour. That meant the 1.6 Sxi's Beige interiors were going to win over the Black ones of the 1.6 S. Also, found a significant difference between the rear seats for these two models: The Sxi rear seat is way better and so then that was it: Fiesta 1.6 Sxi!

Added the rear spoiler as an extra accessory. Did not add the side skirts as he quoted 22k for them and that sounded steep; pretty sure I can get them for lesser outside.
The plan now is for me to drive this for an year; my Dad will sell his car next year and I'll pass on the Fiesta to him and then hunt again for something. I have made a secret resolution to not dilly-dally so much the and just go book the Rally Red Cedia Sports the moment my Dad decides to sell his car!
Old 8th June 2010, 17:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

Well Congratulations! What colour did you go in for?

Quote:
The plan now is for me to drive this for an year; my Dad will sell his car next year and I'll pass on the Fiesta to him and then hunt again for something. I have made a secret resolution to not dilly-dally so much the and just go book the Rally Red Cedia Sports the moment my Dad decides to sell his car!
That would be the smart way of going about the whole deal and the new Lancer might be out by then.
Old 8th June 2010, 17:44   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Well Congratulations! What colour did you go in for?

That would be the smart way of going about the whole deal and the new Lancer might be out by then.
The Paprika Red it is!
And I pray to god you are right about the new Lancer: it'll be such a sweet redemption if I lay my hands on that the next year!
Old 8th June 2010, 17:53   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats! The car won't let you down. What color did you book?

Quote:
I wanted to book the Aquarius Blue 1.6S - I loved the colour and was ready to compromise on the black interiors just for this shade. But got a big NO from my family after they saw the colour.
Aquarius was discontinued in Dec 2009. You can't get it now even if you wanted to.

Quote:
That meant the 1.6 Sxi's Beige interiors were going to win over the Black ones of the 1.6 S. Also, found a significant difference between the rear seats for these two models: The Sxi rear seat is way better and so then that was it: Fiesta 1.6 Sxi!
Are you talking about the actual seat or the ride quality on the rear seat. If you are talking about the former, there is absolutely no difference at all. The SXi has leather and the S has premium fabric. The SXi has an adjustable head rest and the S has a fixed one. If you are talking about the ride quality, the S has a harder ride which in turns translates into sublime handling.

Quote:
Added the rear spoiler as an extra accessory. Did not add the side skirts as he quoted 22k for them and that sounded steep; pretty sure I can get them for lesser outside.
Get the S spoiler. It looks way better than the regular one. Beware of fake spoilers with LEDs. The original Ford spoilers cost 10K and 15K for the regular and sports. Don't put the skirts unless you are going in for 15 inch wheels. They may scrape on regular tires. They don't come anywhere close to scraping on the S due to 15 inch tires and the stiffer suspension.

Quote:
I have made a secret resolution to not dilly-dally so much the and just go book the Rally Red Cedia Sports the moment my Dad decides to sell his car!
Let's hope the Cedia is still on sale when you decide to get one. Or hopefully the new Lancer may be available by then as well.

Last edited by Gilead : 8th June 2010 at 17:55.
Old 8th June 2010, 18:11   #71
BHPian

@Gilead:
Paprika Red!

The dealer did offer me the Aquarius Blue on the 1.6S; no idea it was discontinued.

I meant the rear seat ride quality on the S. Not much of an issue for me but if my Dad is going to use it later on then it might be an issue for him.

I did not know there were 2 spoilers -regular and the S one. have not specifed that to the dealer yet so will make sure it's an S spoiler. Thanks for that.Btw, he quoted 8k for the spoiler without mentioning which one.

Does it make sense to upgrade the stock tires and alloys on the SXi to maybe 15'' alloys and 195/55 cpc2s right away or should I wait till my 2nd service? I will of course add the skirting only after an upgrade.
Old 8th June 2010, 18:32   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Gilead:
Paprika Red!

The dealer did offer me the Aquarius Blue on the 1.6S; no idea it was discontinued.
He would have probably told you a couple of weeks after booking.

Quote:
I did not know there were 2 spoilers -regular and the S one. have not specifed that to the dealer yet so will make sure it's an S spoiler. Thanks for that.Btw, he quoted 8k for the spoiler without mentioning which one.
8K is for the regular one. Add another 2K for painting and tax. S spoiler costs 15K.

S Spoiler >> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...ta-015-50-.jpg

Regular Spoiler >> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...mmm-beast4.jpg

Quote:
Does it make sense to upgrade the stock tires and alloys on the SXi to maybe 15'' alloys and 195/55 cpc2s right away or should I wait till my 2nd service? I will of course add the skirting only after an upgrade.
The suspension warranty is technically voided if you do that, but that hasn't stopped some enthusiasts from doing it. You can do it if you are willing to take a risk. The S has a different steering rack to compensate for the bigger, wider tires. Plus the ECU will have to re-programmed to show the correct speedo and odo readings. And of course, the ride quality will deteriorate as well. If ride quality is important for you, there is no point in upgrading to 195/55/R15.
Old 8th June 2010, 18:51   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
He would have probably told you a couple of weeks after booking.

And of course, the ride quality will deteriorate as well. If ride quality is important for you, there is no point in upgrading to 195/55/R15.
Saved myself 2 weeks and some heartburn by not booking the Aquarius Blue then.
I will probably just upgrade the tires to something better and keep them at 175/65 R14 in that case.
Old 9th June 2010, 09:47   #74
BHPian

Congratulations ! Paprika red Fiesta is indeed a great chocie ! So, when you return home from this assignment, you will have a new addition waiting for you sounds neat !

Wish you all the best and drive safe.. will look forward for the pics and your experience !
Old 9th June 2010, 10:13   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saved myself 2 weeks and some heartburn by not booking the Aquarius Blue then.
I will probably just upgrade the tires to something better and keep them at 175/65 R14 in that case.
Good idea. You can post a query in the Fiesta tire thread in the tire section. Usual suspects are Michelin PLC, XM1+ and Yokohama A Drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks