Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 14:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
@Gilead
khoj put me through to the area manager as well but I have sort of decided to go with the fully loaded sports version for that little bit of extra cash. I do hope the dealer has a Sports standing ready in his yard:I can then milk an extra discount out of him and not wait for the delivery either!
That's a good decision. Even I am always in favor of buying the fully loaded version to avoid future heart burn. Why don't you casually find out where the yard is and take a look yourself. You will know which cars and colors are readily available. If one of them satisfies you, then you can start bargaining hard. If the color of your choice is not there, then you would have to wait. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

Last edited by Gilead : 28th May 2010 at 14:59.
Old 28th May 2010, 15:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Niranjan,
Once you are in here selecting cars in this range and you have Cedia on the list, be sure you will be sold over by us Cedizens. As Gilead said, don't hurry in selecting the color of your choice, as you are going to own and flaunt the car for at least next 4-5 years. A month will pass in a wink.
Old 28th May 2010, 15:32   #33
BHPian

aaah the colour! I simply CANNOT decide between the Black, Red and White. And I have tried pretty hard at this but all of them look equally good to me! I will end up deciding the colour on the basis of a coin toss on the day of booking if I continue like this
Old 28th May 2010, 17:50   #34
BHPian

Red is the color to go for :-) Among the three, red looks special and is a head turner for sure!
Old 28th May 2010, 17:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

Black - Extremely difficult to maintain, unless you have a full time driver.
White - Bland and no head-turner. Goes un-noticed.
As Maibaa said, Red it has to be.
Old 28th May 2010, 21:58   #36
BHPian

The dealer is asking me for a booking amount of 2 lakhs upfront. I sort of convinced him to reduce it to 1 lakh. Does that sound a little high? Because I assumed a booking amount of 50k would suffice. Or am I wrong here?
Old 29th May 2010, 00:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

55K is what I deposited, I had been asked for 1L. The car was at the factory and not billed to dealer at that point.

You know by asking for 2 L the dealer has exposed a chink in his armour, at least that is the way I view it. Time to squeeze, put up the 50K after extracting additional juice.
Old 29th May 2010, 02:14   #38
BHPian

Cedia has considerably more torque (2.0L Engine, 175 NM @4250 RPM) as it has the largest heart compared to SX4 (1.6L, 145 NM @4100 RPM) and ANHC (146 NM @4800 RPM). This would make a considerable difference in city as well as highway drivability.

Cedia's power (115 PS @5250 RPM) is better than SX4 (104 PS @5600 RPM) and on par with ANHC (118 PS @6600 RPM).
Old 29th May 2010, 10:27   #39
VMG
BHPian

I paid 1L when I booked. RED is hot and still(after 30 months) it looks great.
Old 29th May 2010, 12:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
55K is what I deposited, I had been asked for 1L. The car was at the factory and not billed to dealer at that point.

You know by asking for 2 L the dealer has exposed a chink in his armour, at least that is the way I view it. Time to squeeze, put up the 50K after extracting additional juice.
explain please! how does the squeeze angle come in? I thought it was the other way around!
Old 29th May 2010, 18:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

By asking for this unusually large amount he wants your pucca commitment so that you do not walk away having changed your mind after making the booking. You know and we know that a commitment is a commitment but in the auto business these guys do not know that word. For them it is figures whether on the invoice or on the sales charts at the end of the month. Per the dealer's understanding you will think ten times if 2L or even 1L were stuck with a dealer instead of 50K. It is obvious that he has lost business due to people changing their minds with him holding small amounts which he knows he has to return. At times he must be getting stuck with stock too having ordered the vehicle from the factory based on the small booking amount. Since he wants you to lock your decision he has to offer an incentive for you to do so to move from booking to locking. More so as you can contribute to his monthly target, he has to give some to get some.

This scenario is played out on a daily basis at all auto showrooms like a stuck record over and over again. There is no harm in trying, if you get any additional benefits(monetary, accessories, extended warranties) good for you. Even if you don't, you are not losing anything from the offered package and you are getting a great car. Trust me either ways at the end of it you will be like
Old 29th May 2010, 20:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
I have the Swift and if you seriously believe that its better than the SX4 and City on highways

This is news for me. Hey niranjan, would you explain in what sense you felt so? I do not agree to your observations about swift being better than SX4 and ANHC on highways !
Old 29th May 2010, 21:35   #43
BHPian

Mods, Kindly excuse for back to back post.

Niranjan,

Cedia is not the car i would suggest for you, they hardly have any service presence across India. The rare presence of the cedia in a traffic signal says it all. Many people cant go wrong when they buy ANHC & and people cant go wrong when they dont buy the cedia. The numbers on the road says it all. I would strongly suggest you to hold your decision to buy the cedia.

Whether you want to sell it or not sell it, my suggestion would be to have a nice proven car with you.

I have seen guys looking at the Cedia with a surprise on the face trying to guess which car is this. The presence is such.

You are making any investment, please be wise is my suggestion as a team mate.

Good wishes and please avoid the Cedia. Dont intend to offend anybody owning one, but need to pen a good suggestion.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 29th May 2010 at 21:37.
Old 29th May 2010, 22:53   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
This is news for me. Hey niranjan, would you explain in what sense you felt so? I do not agree to your observations about swift being better than SX4 and ANHC on highways !
Hey that wasn't opinion but that of a member expressed here. Please do read the entire statement taht I wrote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
By asking for this unusually large amount he wants your pucca commitment so that you do not walk away having changed your mind after making the booking. You know and we know that a commitment is a commitment but in the auto business these guys do not know that word. For them it is figures whether on the invoice or on the sales charts at the end of the month. Per the dealer's understanding you will think ten times if 2L or even 1L were stuck with a dealer instead of 50K. It is obvious that he has lost business due to people changing their minds with him holding small amounts which he knows he has to return. At times he must be getting stuck with stock too having ordered the vehicle from the factory based on the small booking amount. Since he wants you to lock your decision he has to offer an incentive for you to do so to move from booking to locking. More so as you can contribute to his monthly target, he has to give some to get some.

This scenario is played out on a daily basis at all auto showrooms like a stuck record over and over again. There is no harm in trying, if you get any additional benefits(monetary, accessories, extended warranties) good for you. Even if you don't, you are not losing anything from the offered package and you are getting a great car. Trust me either ways at the end of it you will be like
Let me see what I can bargain out of him. So far it's been about 10k worth of accessories. I will be booking the coming week and will haggle my best when I next meet him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Mods, Kindly excuse for back to back post.

Niranjan,

Cedia is not the car i would suggest for you, they hardly have any service presence across India. The rare presence of the cedia in a traffic signal says it all. Many people cant go wrong when they buy ANHC & and people cant go wrong when they dont buy the cedia. The numbers on the road says it all. I would strongly suggest you to hold your decision to buy the cedia.

Whether you want to sell it or not sell it, my suggestion would be to have a nice proven car with you.

I have seen guys looking at the Cedia with a surprise on the face trying to guess which car is this. The presence is such.

You are making any investment, please be wise is my suggestion as a team mate.

Good wishes and please avoid the Cedia. Dont intend to offend anybody owning one, but need to pen a good suggestion.
Most of the Cedia owners here have had positive feedbacks about the service and although I was a little apprehensive earlier, I am sort of going by the feedback I have got on these forums as far as A.S.S is concerned. Is there any other reason why you would suggest not going for the Cedia?
Old 29th May 2010, 23:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

If you are considering Cedia, you may want to wait for some time as new lancer getting launched very soon. Not sure about the exact launch date but according to ACI, 7 seater OL, Evo and new Lancers are lined up for the launch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks