Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2019, 17:38   #2371
BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Interesting last few weeks for Indian markets. Brokerages are racing against each other to upgrade our markets to overweight. There's a distinctive "euphoric buzz" all around.

Quote:
Goldman Sachs (GS) upgraded its view on India to "overweight" as the country catches up with pre-election rally amid expectations of another majority win for the ruling Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP).
Source

Quote:
Morgan Stanley expects Sensex to hit 42,000 by December end
Source

Quote:
BNP Paribas has upgraded its rating on India to ‘overweight’ from ‘neutral’ and raised its Sensex target for end-December to 42,000 points from 40,000 earlier, citing stabilisation of corporate earnings.
Source

Maybe cars will finally start selling if markets continue to run up.
Old 1st April 2019, 18:57   #2372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Guys,

Here is one consolidated portfolio that I possess. All these funds were invested into in August 2018 by my folks. Would request your feedback on them, and on any funds you think I should switch out off. I am also doing some reading on each of these funds now.

Would suggest you to check out freefincal.com & on youtube. Surely it projects investing in different ways.

Not sure about the target corpus you are aiming for, but you might consider trimming down the number of funds considering this is a single portfolio.

Hope it was of any help.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd April 2019 at 13:02. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 2nd April 2019, 12:47   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
How are you investing in Sundaram MF? Directly or via broker?

It's a regular plan via broker. I have stopped the SIPs but haven't withdrawn the fund.
Old 2nd April 2019, 23:28   #2374
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
It's a regular plan via broker. I have stopped the SIPs but haven't withdrawn the fund.
This is a serious issue. Who is this broker? When you buy a stock via this broker, does it show up on CDSL statement? Do you know your Sundaram folio number? If you know this number, have you tried logging into Sundaram MF website to see if all units are there?
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:09   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
This is a serious issue. Who is this broker? When you buy a stock via this broker, does it show up on CDSL statement?
I haven't bought any stocks via this broker and this was the last fund I invested through this or any broker. I buy directly since last three years now. All other funds via this broker do show up in CDSL.

Quote:
Do you know your Sundaram folio number? If you know this number, have you tried logging into Sundaram MF website to see if all units are there?
I do check the units online and it is all good.
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:44   #2376
BHPian

I have started booking profits slowly over the past one month.
Am not too comfortable with this bull run.
Old 3rd April 2019, 11:10   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartindboy View Post
Am not too comfortable with this bull run.
Any particular reason?
Old 3rd April 2019, 12:00   #2378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Any particular reason?
As I said, not feeling comfortable if the markets can sustain at these levels.
I am sensing some profit booking any time now, which could mean a dip of around 5-10% from these levels.
So, just taking out the profits or the principle (depending on the way one sees it). What could happen is, markets continue to rise, and my portfolio may see lower increase due to lower units. On the other hand, if markets fall, my profits also fall but at least I would be happy that I had already realized some profits.

Its just a comfort factor, and I have been wrong several times before.
Old 3rd April 2019, 12:57   #2379
Senior - BHPian

I'm really wondering if we can time the market?

Apart..

Is there any platform where I can get a snapshot of all my funds at any given past date?

Say I invested in Feb 2017. I want to know how it looked in Feb 2018, how much it grew after Feb 2018 till now, or the past 6 months, etc.
Old 3rd April 2019, 13:42   #2380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I'm really wondering if we can time the market?

Apart..

Is there any platform where I can get a snapshot of all my funds at any given past date?

Say I invested in Feb 2017. I want to know how it looked in Feb 2018, how much it grew after Feb 2018 till now, or the past 6 months, etc.
I think valueresearchonline.com lets you do that. I've created my portfolio there, and it seems nice and intuitive to understand what is actually going on. Ofcourse, all the research material that comes along with a click of a button is a great bonus.
Old 3rd April 2019, 14:33   #2381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I think valueresearchonline.com lets you do that. I've created my portfolio there, and it seems nice and intuitive to understand what is actually going on. Ofcourse, all the research material that comes along with a click of a button is a great bonus.
I couldn't find anything there that can visualise my portfolio at a given date. It shows only today's values.
Old 3rd April 2019, 15:34   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I couldn't find anything there that can visualise my portfolio at a given date. It shows only today's values.
I doubt what you're looking for is available on any website or app. If the number of funds is not that many, historical NAV's might be available for the funds in CAMS/KARVY. But, you will have to manually calculate/Excel it to see the total value of your portfolio for the date in question.
Old 4th April 2019, 09:32   #2383

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
I doubt what you're looking for is available on any website or app. If the number of funds is not that many, historical NAV's might be available for the funds in CAMS/KARVY. But, you will have to manually calculate/Excel it to see the total value of your portfolio for the date in question.
perfios provides this view. You can look at how the holdings in one AMC looked at any point of time. You can also get the full portfolio value as of any date; in the portfolio view, you can choose the accounts to include in the view.
Old 8th April 2019, 09:36   #2384
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, one clarification needed. Can I claim Income tax exemption for mutual funds in any way? I am aware of ELSS, but was wondering if I show that I have an SIP for three years or more in a certain fund, will that be valid for getting tax exemption? If this is possible, then how should I go about it? Lets say I start investing in a fund from this month. Can I declare the same for the current year?
Old 8th April 2019, 09:43   #2385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Guys, one clarification needed. Can I claim Income tax exemption for mutual funds in any way? I am aware of ELSS, but was wondering if I show that I have an SIP for three years or more in a certain fund, will that be valid for getting tax exemption? If this is possible, then how should I go about it? Lets say I start investing in a fund from this month. Can I declare the same for the current year?
That is all in 80C for which you have multiple avenues to claim tax exemption way beyond the allowed 150K. PF / PPF / life insurance premiums / kids fees etc etc etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks