Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2019, 23:38   #2401
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Is it wise to invest in the new fund 'Mirae Asset Focused Fund'? Their 'Emerging Bluechip Fund' seems closed for subscription at present.
Old 26th April 2019, 14:15   #2402
BANNED

@thoma; I will personally avoid any new fund. Better wait for a year or so to gauge its performance.

This has been my rule of thumb.

Last edited by navin : 27th April 2019 at 12:06. Reason: typo
Old 26th April 2019, 14:52   #2403
Senior - BHPian

Thank you sir.

One another thing I wanted to know about Value Research is how their 'Auto Post My Transactions' work. From where does it pull the market transaction data? Is it by linking your PAN number or your email id?
Old 26th April 2019, 14:58   #2404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
One another thing I wanted to know about Value Research is how their 'Auto Post My Transactions' work. From where does it pull the market transaction data? Is it by linking your PAN number or your email id?
What? No. You are way off mark as to what "auto post my transactions" does. If a stock or mutual fund gives a dividend, your portfolio by default will not reflect that "transaction". By clicking on "auto post", your portfolio will then reflect the corporate or mutual fund action.
Old 26th April 2019, 15:11   #2405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
will then reflect the corporate or mutual fund action.
Pardon me, but I still am not getting what 'auto post' does.

My transactions are restricted to sell, buy and switch, as I've opted only for growth options of any fund.

TIA.
Old 26th April 2019, 15:30   #2406
BHPian

Quote:
Let's say you have opted for dividend option of a mutual fund scheme and the scheme declares a dividend. Ideally, you should add this dividend as a transaction to calculate the actual returns. Either you can add the dividend manually as a transaction in valueresearchonline (VRO) or ask VRO to automatically ("auto post") add such transaction to your scheme transaction list.
Old 26th April 2019, 15:31   #2407
BHPian

Quote:
TIA.

I have multiple SIP's running and have enabled "Auto Post Transactions". This updates my portfolio every month with new SIP transactions, I had to specify the date of every SIP in valueresearch. Based on the date it posts the transaction, it has nothing to do with the actual transaction(eg. It will not capture a failed transaction). Also any dividends on shares etc will also be posted. Hope this helps.
Old 26th April 2019, 16:01   #2408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
Based on the date it posts the transaction, it has nothing to do with the actual transaction(eg. It will not capture a failed transaction). Also any dividends on shares etc will also be posted. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Ideally, you should add this dividend as a transaction to calculate the actual returns. Either you can add the dividend manually as a transaction in valueresearchonline (VRO) or ask VRO to automatically ("auto post") add such transaction to your scheme transaction list.
Thanks much, this cleared it. I neither have the dividend nor the SIP options, that's why it took additional explanation to register. So the option for me is to use 'Upload Transactions' or update transactions manually.
Old 26th April 2019, 18:26   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
Is it wise to invest in the new fund 'Mirae Asset Focused Fund'? Their 'Emerging Bluechip Fund' seems closed for subscription at present.
I think you should be able to do a SIP in the Bluechip fund, I started one a couple of months back
Old 26th April 2019, 19:53   #2410
BHPian

Quote:
You can invest in Emerging Bluechip Fund only through SIP.
Old 30th April 2019, 07:59   #2411
BHPian

Investing in a few funds from Franklin Templeton & ICICI via SIP's continuously for the last four years. All the funds are Growth plans (Direct). As far as I understand, Growth plan means that the dividend from time to time is reinvested for purchasing new funds, right?

But, when I check the Dividend reinvested status, it's Nil (for all the funds). Is there something I'm missing here?

The Mutual Funds Thread-fund-edited.jpg
Old 30th April 2019, 09:05   #2412
BHPian

In a growth plan, they will not give dividend. As the name suggest it’s the growth plan, all the profits of the fund are invested in the fund and that gets reflected in the growth of NAV. If you wanted the dividend to be reinvested you should opt for dividend plan and select reinvest.

Last edited by arvindmanju : 30th April 2019 at 09:08.
Old 30th April 2019, 09:32   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
In a growth plan, they will not give dividend. As the name suggest it’s the growth plan, all the profits of the fund are invested in the fund and that gets reflected in the growth of NAV. If you wanted the dividend to be reinvested you should opt for dividend plan and select reinvest.
Thank you for the response. So in the long run both the options will serve the investor almost equally I guess
Old 30th April 2019, 11:30   #2414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Thank you for the response. So in the long run both the options will serve the investor almost equally I guess
No. Earlier it was the case. But after the introduction of DDT (Dividend Distribution Tax) you will loose by choosing dividend option in any form (payout or reinvest).

-Sunil
Old 30th April 2019, 11:34   #2415
BANNED

Out of MFUtility, MyCAMS & Karvy, is there any pros & cons? If you want to go for regular plans of MFs (mostly debt funds), is there an advantage in choosing one over the other?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks