Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2013, 11:22   #496
BANNED

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

At the moment the Modi factor seems to pushing them up!
Old 10th December 2013, 11:59   #497
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,

So far, I was invested in a ICIC Pru policy which got matured a few days ago and I surrendered it as I wanted some ready cash. Now, I don't have any investments apart from a Rs. 2000 that get deducted on a monthly basis for my L&T MF and similar amount for my son's policy too.

Kindly advise where I should invest now and which fund? I am looking for a long term plan or plans (5-10 years) with a monthly outflow of 2.5 to INR 5000 max.

Thanks!
Old 10th December 2013, 13:07   #498
BHPian

^^
In my opinion, if you have already tasted volatility of equity markets, go for one large cap fund and one multi-cap fund. In that case you may choose ICICI Pru Focused Bluechip and UTI opportunities fund. If you are not ready for that go for HDFC Balanced Equity oriented fund. The last one is hybrid fund which is less volatile compared to the other two. After six months or so you can start investing in pure equity funds.
Old 10th December 2013, 13:59   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
^^
In my opinion, if you have already tasted volatility of equity markets, go for one large cap fund and one multi-cap fund. In that case you may choose ICICI Pru Focused Bluechip and UTI opportunities fund. If you are not ready for that go for HDFC Balanced Equity oriented fund. The last one is hybrid fund which is less volatile compared to the other two. After six months or so you can start investing in pure equity funds.
Thank you for your response Max Torque. I have already called the ICICI guy for the Blue Chip fund as it is a large carp fund. Will do some more research on the UTI fund now. Any idea about ICICI's Gold Funds?
Old 10th December 2013, 14:07   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Thank you for your response Max Torque. I have already called the ICICI guy for the Blue Chip fund
Happy to help mate. Good to see you already initiated the process. Don't invest through any agents, you can visit ICICI's website or branch office and start investing directly. That will give you a slightly better return.

Quote:
Any idea about ICICI's Gold Funds?
I have not invested in Gold fund so can not give any input on that. In my opinion, if you are a new investor stay away from sector/specialty funds. Once your portfolio is matured, you can keep adding such funds.
Old 10th December 2013, 14:38   #501
BANNED

Planning to invest for my grandson this weekend. I have to open a fresh folio, I only have HDFC (Equity Fund) for him. I narrowed down to two combos- FT Blue Chip + Equity Income, and IDFC Premier Equity + Sterling. After some thought I am going with the former combo.. I do not plan to touch the investment for about 15 years and FT is a fund house likely to be more stable.
Old 10th December 2013, 15:36   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happy to help mate. Good to see you already initiated the process. Don't invest through any agents, you can visit ICICI's website or branch office and start investing directly. That will give you a slightly better return.
Invested already through the bank. I called him to my office from the bank and did the needful. I have been suggested the ICICI Pru Regulard Gold Savings fund as well by the gentleman if at all I am keen on investing in Gold fund. However, will speak to my better half first before taking a call.

Slowly and steadily, I plan to move upto 20% of my savings in MF/and other tax saving funds and 5-10% in PPF. Have made a lot of mistakes early in my life and now correcting those. The biggest mistake was to buy a car early in my life instead of a home! Not repenting it but if I would have bought a house then, could have bought a lot of cars today by selling it. Having said this, bought my first house last year (yet to get possession though) and the prices have gone up by 10 lakhs for the same house. Need to buy atleast 2 more before I retire.
Old 23rd December 2013, 15:56   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^
In my opinion, if you have already tasted volatility of equity markets, go for one large cap fund and one multi-cap fund. In that case you may choose ICICI Pru Focused Bluechip and UTI opportunities fund.
Dear Maxtorque,

Thinking of Investing in UTI Opportunities fund. However, i see many options under dropdown; any recommendations? Growth Plan or Dividend?
Old 23rd December 2013, 16:14   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Maxtorque,

Thinking of Investing in UTI Opportunities fund. However, i see many options under dropdown; any recommendations? Growth Plan or Dividend?
If you are looking for long term investment, you should choose growth option.
Old 24th December 2013, 15:46   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just met someone from Edelweiss for their E.D.G.E top 100 fund. I don't know; not heard anything about them since their inception.
Old 26th December 2013, 12:05   #506
BANNED

Quote:
Makes sense, however on all Equity funds I prefer dividend payout. The reason is that every year I get a chance to balance my portfolio automatically. What is a non-brainer is the dividend reinvest option, neither one nor the other.
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:13   #507
Senior - BHPian

Resuming SIP for my son after the previous set completed 12 months in October.
This time, I have set
1. Franklin India Smaller Cos Fund(G) - perhaps a bit on the risky side
2. Reliance Pharma Fund(G) - diversifying my portfolio since I did not have much of pharma companies so far.

I am still looking for dark horses in equity, but that is for the other thread.
Old 2nd January 2014, 16:07   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Resuming SIP for my son after the previous set completed 12 months in October.
This time, I have set
1. Franklin India Smaller Cos Fund(G) - perhaps a bit on the risky side
2. Reliance Pharma Fund(G) - diversifying my portfolio since I did not have much of pharma companies so far.

I am still looking for dark horses in equity, but that is for the other thread.
S_U_N, Others

I can spare 5000 rupees per month for SIP (Which SIP ideas need help )
I have horizon set for 5 years to earn decent gains.
What is your suggestion.

RJ
Old 2nd January 2014, 20:37   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
This is a good fund, I have a small exposure to this fund. The returns are good. But being a sector fund, we should be more careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
I can spare 5000 rupees per month for SIP (Which SIP ideas need help )
I have horizon set for 5 years to earn decent gains.
Now decent return is a relative term, if you don't want to take risk, go for a fund like ICICI Focussed Bluechip Fund or FT India Bluechip fund. If you are ready to take risk opt for a fund like SBI Magnum Emerging Business Fund. For the middle path go for Tata Ethical Fund or BNP Paribas Equity Fund.
Old 9th January 2014, 13:43   #510
Senior - BHPian

MF gurus,

Need expert advise.

Had SIP's in 4 MF's all of which expired in December 2013. So planning to start fresh SIP's in 1) BSL Front Line Equity fund 2) HDFC Top 200 3) ICICI Focussed blue chip. Rest of the investments in PPF (Self+wife). Planning to have SIP for atleast 3 yrs. Are the above mentioned funds good enough? Or should I have some Balanced fund in my portfolio? Pls advise.

Second query is all of my earlier MF investments have now two options one is Regular and Direct plan. Planning to safeguard the profits earned in these MF's. Should I switch the Regular & Direct plan units from MF to Liquid funds of the same MF house. This way I can ensure that capital is protected + earnings slightly more than Bank FDs at the same time privind easy/fast liquidity. What should my strategy be? Suggest some good funds too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks