Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2006, 22:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm. Fair enough. Though I think that if things were managed properly all of Karnataka would have benefited from the IT boom in Bangalore. Too bad it did not happen.

There was a time I felt I would never leave Bangalore. Now all I have is fond memories and unpleasant news. :(
Old 12th April 2006, 22:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

whatever happens.... the idiots called GENERAL PUBLIC like you and me are going to suffer. My Bro in law is stuck up some where in Indira Nagar, not able to come out. Hope he lands safely in chennai tomorrow.

Goons take this as an opportunity to run wild and go on a rampage.
Old 12th April 2006, 23:01   #18
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Narayan Murthy? I think he has done a lot for Karnataka. Bangalore atleast.
agree with you on this one typeOnegative...

About Rajkumar ( may his soul rest in peace )...

its shameful to see people ( his so-called fans ) going wild and damaging others properties.... was watching the news till now and the people who were causing damage didnt even seem to be sad... just saw 2 cop's vehicles being set on fire ( totally unnecessary ). people were seen smiling and waving at the camera while they were taking Rajkumars name and damaging properties and it was sad to see the cop's being very helpless...

All this fame because of one major reason that he didnt act in other languages like other actors... but then again i can still recall the days when he was kidnapped... the chaos that existed those days...

i respect him for his contribution to the kannada film industry.... but the way his fans are behaving even though his was a natural death is something that cannot be accepted.
Old 13th April 2006, 00:27   #19
Team-BHP Support

Was this the same gentleman who was kidnapped by Veerappan?
Old 13th April 2006, 01:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
Was this the same gentleman who was kidnapped by Veerappan?
Yes, its the same person.
Old 13th April 2006, 01:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Shocking that I haven't seen the family appealing for peace, given the crap that's going on in his name.

I'm beginning to dislike BLR more and more. When NTR died in HYD, there was nothing of this sort, if I remember correctly.

All said and done, may his soul rest in peace.
Old 13th April 2006, 01:33   #22
BHPian

Can anyone imagine what would have happened to Bangalore if Rajkumar would have died, but not of natural causes?.

I think there would be no Bangalore left.
Old 13th April 2006, 06:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Dr. RajKumar was ofcourse one of the single largest contributors to kannada cinema. His contribution is unparalled. May his soul rest in peace and may his family have the courage to face this situation. But the current situation in Bangalore due to his death is uncalled for. His so called fans' association is one big bunch of thugs who have nothing good to do. If they had concentrated their energy in something useful, these things would not have happened. Being born and brought up here at Bangalore, I am really disappointed with the behaviour of Bangaloreans. This certainly is not the first time such a situation is happening here.
Old 13th April 2006, 10:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
And he did not misuse his fame by joining politics despite heavy pressure.
Great Move. It's a double- sided sword.

It is very difficult to reach the fame level and get masses on to their feet as MGR did. But this guy had got the potential to compete to his level in his state.
Old 13th April 2006, 10:45   #25
Team-BHP Support

I came to bangalore in 2001 July. Seniors at TI told me that when he was kidnapped bangalore burnt. They had to live on biscuits for 2 days. People who anticipated what was coming stocked noodles. I guess this hero worship happens in KA and TN, dont find this happening in North at all.
Old 13th April 2006, 11:17   #26
BANNED

Hey, May his soul rest in peace ... but after seeing whats happening after his death I don't think he'll be able to do that !!! The general public needs to realiwse that by damaging property of the people of Bangalore and also the Govt is not gonna bring him back ....

They need to be BLOWN to hell ...... Such Dumb *** holes !!!

And tsk1979 ... As for up North , u see a certain Mr.Ramdev who is getting a bit too powerful and his fans will be no better incase something does happen to him !! Every one is bending forward & backward to be in his good books .... We still living in the dark ages of the Gurus !!

Cheers
Old 13th April 2006, 12:13   #27
BHPian

We have grown up watching his movies and as samurai
rightly said, he did some really nice roles ( mythological ,
bond types, the aam aadmi roles) and was a very good
singer and had won the national award for the songs he sung in
Jeevana Chaitra.

He led a simple life and his name was tarnished to an extent by his
family and his fans.

Things are pretty stable in bangalore and for a change its very peaceful out there in the roads. I remember the bangalore about 10 year back.

May his soul rest in peace.
Old 13th April 2006, 12:31   #28
BHPian

why damage public and private property over such a non-contravertial thing. We all understand he was The icon in the kannada film industry and peaceful show of feelings by his fans would have done a lot more good to the actor's name.
Old 13th April 2006, 12:33   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Dr.Rajkumar was the most respected individual in Karnataka, I don't think anybody would deny that. I would say most Kannada people who grew up in the 60s, 70s and 80s were his admirers. And he did not misuse his fame by joining politics despite heavy pressure. With his demise, he does leave a big void which won't be filled by anybody. Now if you ask who is the most respected person in Karnataka, I have no idea, no one even comes close.
I agree with you 100%.I have been an ardent admirer of this great personality.But,this mob frenzy is something unacceptable.A few anti social elements calling themselves fans, take advantage of the situation & all hell breaks loose.Hope things get back to normal ASAP.Until then...chill .
Old 13th April 2006, 13:06   #30
dev
BHPian

May his Soul rest in peace...

Except News Channels, no other channel are aired...

Today I am working and all the offices/Shops, etc., are closed....
I think his wife pleaded fans to stay calm and not to destory properties.
Hope there won't be any incidents further.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks