Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2006, 09:23   #76
Senior - BHPian

Oh i wanted to mention this in my post but i completely forgot........Those ****ing ******** screwed up the new volvo buses....destroying a normal bus is ok but a volvo???

binz
Old 14th April 2006, 10:09   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k
i beg to differ.
it does not take a mahatma gandhi or polished executive to respect other's properties and lives.
and yes, I do expect every single person in this country to act in a civilized manner. is it too much to ask for?
Dont get me wrong, I wish that everyone is educated, empployed, & civilized, and the world is free of criminals, and violence. Is that ever going to happen, that too in India. I am not such a big optimist.

My point is that the local authourities should have accepted that it was a situation beyond their capacity, called the army, and handled the situation with a heavy hand. The inherently violent unemployed youth just need a spark. If the protestors are able to shut down the city for 2 days, its a victory for them. They will do it again and again. The Govt. should start winning such small battles. Our Govt. has gotten used to losing to criminals. We are the only powerful country which negotiates with criminals and kidnappers, and give in to their demands.
Old 14th April 2006, 10:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

all they want is a sensational news that may live like the legend himself, for years.

if army was called, that itself will be sensational enough for these crooks to celebrate.

but what's troubling all of us is destruction of property, lives and times of working class in to satisfy their egoistic goals.

shame on them

as u said, if it happens for bal thakrey or bachchan, i will say the same for them too.

as far as optimism is considered, look at urself, you urself have given up before these ppl, how cud u expect govt. to live upto it?

i have not, and i believe there can be a better youth, if they stop focusing on movies and sensationalism.
Old 14th April 2006, 11:27   #79
Senior - BHPian

I feel ashamed to say this is India. As someone said , not all are educated and all but using your God given common sense is a little too much to expect ?

And like Samurai says, his fans are from the 60 -70 era , so how come we see 20 something youths as his fans destroying property, cars, endangering lives of other people as a mark of respect to Dr Rajkumar ?

And police are aware of everything ,yet do nothing.....

did anyone watch footage of Salman Khan when he reached home ? Absolute madness - human pyramids , roads blocked , police unable to control to the situation because of the amount of people. If a guilty actor in Mumbai whips up such frenzy - what happened in Blore on natural death of a Demi-God down south seems beleivable.
Old 14th April 2006, 11:47   #80
BHPian

While looking at the TV coverage, i was shocked to see the police hustling and pushing and beating up about people waiting in the queue to pay their last respects to the actor. What do you expect in return from the angry, uneducated, unemployed youth??

I was really sad at the destruction, arson that followed the death of the cine-star. I haven't known him much, nor have i watched his movies to make any judgement about him. But for christ's sake, a person has died his natural death. He did not die out of a doctor's negligence, or in police/judicial custody. That he was immensely popular amongst the masses is proved by the procession of people at kranteerava stadium.

Also, somewhere i can also smell a political mischief trying to show the present govt in a bad light over law and order situations. You never know.. Else, i find it very hard to believe that people paying their last homage to any person would have the energy and stamina to resort to stone-pelting and burning of vehicles.

In my mind, this can have a cascading effect to the recent crash in stock-market and can seriously put back brand bangalore and can trigger a downward push..

Regards,
Manish
Old 14th April 2006, 12:05   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k

as far as optimism is considered, look at urself, you urself have given up before these ppl, how cud u expect govt. to live upto it?

i have not, and i believe there can be a better youth, if they stop focusing on movies and sensationalism.
I have given up on seeing an ideal world, and Gandhi's India. That's not going to happen. We have seen that there was so much violence in Bangalore when there was a roumor of Dr. Raj's death. When he died for real, how could the govt. be so irresponsible. We need to look at these incidents from a much broader perspective. We need a much bigger law enforcement department, and the ability to mobilise such a setup at a moment's notice. We will never ever have a world free of people who want to start riots. Look at Paris/France, & Los Angeles.
Old 14th April 2006, 12:40   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Bangalore had added one more feather to its controversy hat....

Fisrt it was the shootout at the science center, BPO rape and now this. Pathetic, I pity people of bangalore........... Started to look like they are aping Kerala...
Why aping Kerala???
Almost every other South Indian state (a few northern ones too) fits better than kerala by a large margin in the above quote...Atleast never heard of any film star worshipping in Kerala yet...pathetic...
Old 14th April 2006, 17:41   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
History repeats I guess. I remember same thing happened when Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi died. MGR and NTR passing away was not so bad.
Just wanted to check out, ever this sort of violence happened in US on death of a famous personality.
Old 14th April 2006, 17:56   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Thats Rajnikanth of Tamil Nadu. When he goes there will be more damage than a Tsunami.
Rightly said. But this guy had lost a part of his fame by trying to keep a foot on the politics & later moved off knowing that he will burn his hands leaving his fans disgruntled. But still, his fan base is enough to do similar damages ( his latest film Chandramuki is running 367th day though its a very ordinary film)
Old 14th April 2006, 20:48   #85
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Was out today sourcing parts for my car .. Was shocked to see the kind of damage caused to properties around bangalore .. Not one place with glass is intact .. Massive destruction everywhere .. Burnt vehicles all over the road .. Its total chaos everywhere .. And to top it all , we just got news about the two bomb blasts in delhi , just pray that this doesnt turn into something communal .. Now that would surely destroy whatever is left of bangalore ..
Old 14th April 2006, 23:22   #86

Bangalore limps back to normalcy

Few observations regarding yestrdays incidents in bangalore. 1) There are strong suspicions about involvement of criminals ,politicians and a certain amount of preplanning in these incidents ( as reported in "vijaya karnataka" and in NDTV news). 2) The administration's policy of "restriant" in handling the situation was an absolute disaster; It should have crushed the lawlessness with an iron hand. 3) It would be wrong to make sweeping statements about bangaloreans because of some idiots and an equally idiotic government( this is expected, ofcourse, because badmouthing bangalore has become a favourite hobby of many individuals and a section of media) 4) In all probablity , these mischief makers were not true admirers of rajkumar.5)And finally" THINGS ARE NOT TOTAL CHAOS" , Things are almost normal.
Old 14th April 2006, 23:56   #87
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
if a situation like this does arise with the demise of BIG B, I'm sure his family will make an appeal to the MAD public not to go on a rampage !!
hey Khaadu75 you think Rajkumar's family didnt appeal to the public/fans not to go on a rampage ???... the point is they appealed over the media... TV to be precise. but none of the rampaging crowd would watch TV for their appeal ( they were busy causing damage you see you see )... not even the NDTV crew were spared.
Old 15th April 2006, 00:05   #88
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Was out today sourcing parts for my car .. Was shocked to see the kind of damage caused to properties around bangalore .. Not one place with glass is intact .. Massive destruction everywhere .. Burnt vehicles all over the road .. Its total chaos everywhere ..
hey mclaren, the rampaging was mainly done towards the area where his body was placed ( around Kanteerava stadium, Kanteerava studios )... otherwise other parts of bangalore witnessed almost none of the rampaging... nothing around the area that i live in ( Richmond town ), had been towards Jayanagar, nothing there too.... even at the time when the violence broke out, i had friends vist me from Fraser town and Bannerghatta road, they too reported non-sighting of any violence...

The police couldnt take extreme steps to curb such incidents as this is a very sensitive matter... hope not to see any such incidents again...
Old 15th April 2006, 00:32   #89
Team-BHP Support

There are a few inherent things of note here... These kinds of incidences will only increase in future. Unless a way to deal with such incidences are found, not only at the law-and-order level but also from a socio-economic issue.

Bangalore of today is a city of high gloss. Cost wise also it has gone sky high... The denizens of the city are mostly from the various high paying sectors. They drive costly cars, dine at best of hotels, go to pubs and discs and of course rent houses that should make even the small time lakhpatis of many other cities break into cold sweat.

And yet, this was not so even 10 years back. The original natives complain that they are aliens in their own city. They can't afford the city anymore... nor do they know this glistening, burgeoning and cramped city with its alien culture. Where have they all gone? Well some probably moved out to smaller towns of karnataka. And yet many more live around, on the fringes. They have been displaced... These are the people who are the most discontented. They have a temper, simmering just below the skin level. These are the people whose discontent and frustration shows up, showed up and may yet again do so in future at the drop of a hat. They are the ones who always look for these kinds of ways to vent their frustration. Its their way of hitting back. Of course politicians also have a lot to answer for in this case.

On a different note, microsoft campus is said to have suffered huge losses. They are still counting. Many other companies have already switched over to their BCP (business continuity plan) and are worried about how they will answer their clients. Bad days ahead!
Old 15th April 2006, 00:58   #90
BHPian

its amazing to find such human beings in the world in this day who do not care for creating violence and bloodshed and then point the finger to the administration or the cops.
whether its politics or human nature its something people in their own mind should feel conscious of their behavior.

its the will of God. Live and let live.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 15th April 2006 at 01:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks