Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2006, 11:11   #46
BHPian

ohhh man KFC on team-bhp .....well when i was in bangalore we use to have for it breakfast ....use to come all the way from Banshankari III stage atleast twice a week..........

and the day it opened at forum boy o boy .....it was ALL FREE for the regulars ........man ..i ate a zinger,3 pieces of chicken,chicken wings,2 pepsi coleslaw ,fries........ ....was filled to max ...had to sit for half an hour there before leaving.....i had a blast.....and now its in delhi too....oh man its again "tummy kee shaamat"
Old 26th April 2006, 13:50   #47
Team-BHP Support

Ok... KFC is ok. In fact I will agree to one think, McD is crap in all caps. Compared to that KFC many times better. Hyderabad(or rather secunderabad) has one and I do drop in once in a while. The bucket at Rs.175 (they dropped prices recently) is a good deal. Although I can never eat the whole thing by myself. But I find the taste a bit too bland. As someone said, it feels more like chicken bhajiya... haaa haa haaaa. And KFC is also wholesome entertainment... you get all those PseudoAms who show like they just dropped from a PanAm that was flying by.

I am a big time trier when it comes to food. Always game for trying out different types... And yet, if I had to pick one I will always pick a desi tandoori murgh over the bucket. Paradise here makes a real good one. yummm yummmmm...

A bit OT maybe but I used to hate Burgers. And I still do, the McD variety that is. They cost the earth and yet are puny in sizes and taste is absolute crap. Now I am a convert after coming to Hyderabad. If you guys do come to Secunderabad do not forget to go to the Universal Bakeries (UBs for short). It is on the same road as KFC, just after crossing Paradise. The burger there beats everything else hollow! Amazing thing they serve. A huge one (sesame spread all over it), with mayonnaise and cheese dripping and a huge helping of tasty chicken mince (yes they do not use that standard crappy tikki). There are other varieties like chilli-chicken burger and ones with cream also in it... Its absolutely sinful!
Old 26th April 2006, 15:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Im going over this thread again and again over the last couple of days and now its lunchtime and i really really want to go to kfc! Grrrrr, delhiites can we have our next meet as a drive to kfc?!
Old 26th April 2006, 16:07   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
If you guys do come to Secunderabad do not forget to go to the Universal Bakeries (UBs for short). It is on the same road as KFC, just after crossing Paradise. The burger there beats everything else hollow! Amazing thing they serve. A huge one (sesame spread all over it), with mayonnaise and cheese dripping and a huge helping of tasty chicken mince (yes they do not use that standard crappy tikki). There are other varieties like chilli-chicken burger and ones with cream also in it... Its absolutely sinful!
Hey dude great going with that detailing my mouth again started watering for these things man... Damm my office and my Canten Sucks big time...

I wonder when i'm comming to Secunderabad...
Old 26th April 2006, 16:09   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
Im going over this thread again and again over the last couple of days and now its lunchtime and i really really want to go to kfc! Grrrrr, delhiites can we have our next meet as a drive to kfc?!
i second u on that and want to raise the same questions

Mumbaites Can we have our next meet at KFC

Old 26th April 2006, 16:30   #51
Senior - BHPian

Damn you guys, I started feeling hungry after reading this thread

Ok me running down to KFC, Yes I have KFC next to my Office's building

Am no big fan of KFC but yeah its good for change & Samurai how can you compare the Tandoori's with the KFC, For me they are two very diff chicken preparations, nothing beats Tandoori Chicken hehe
Old 26th April 2006, 16:38   #52
BHPian

Quote:
And yet, if I had to pick one I will always pick a desi tandoori murgh over the bucket. Paradise here makes a real good one. yummm yummmmm...

Now I am a convert after coming to Hyderabad. If you guys do come to Secunderabad do not forget to go to the Universal Bakeries (UBs for short). There are other varieties like chilli-chicken burger and ones with cream also in it... Its absolutely sinful!
Zappo Bro, as if KFC was not enough of mouth-watering for one day, you reminded me of all the goodies that Hyderabad and Secunderabad have. I normally visit my sister in Secunderabad during Diwali\Ramzan so that I can taste the Haleem, Qurbani ka Meetha, Kheer, Biriyani from Bavarchi\Paradise, IceCream from Softy Den(somehow seems to have lost its charm) and ofcourse the burgers and pastries from Universal Bakery. This time bro, thanks to you I don't think I can wait till Diwali. Hyderabad is the place to be for gourmets.
Old 26th April 2006, 17:39   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$#
Zappo Bro, as if KFC was not enough of mouth-watering for one day, you reminded me of all the goodies that Hyderabad and Secunderabad have. I normally visit my sister in Secunderabad during Diwali\Ramzan so that I can taste the Haleem, Qurbani ka Meetha, Kheer, Biriyani from Bavarchi\Paradise, IceCream from Softy Den(somehow seems to have lost its charm) and ofcourse the burgers and pastries from Universal Bakery. This time bro, thanks to you I don't think I can wait till Diwali. Hyderabad is the place to be for gourmets.
Haa haaa haaaa... you bet. Its a foodies delight. Everyday I can try out food from a different part of the planet. Unlike what people think, Hyderabad not only serves those mughlai/nizami style of food but also others like italian, meditteranean, italian, lebanese, western besides the regular chinese, japanese, malaysian, thai and even bhutanese. Is it any wonder that I have gained so much weight since I moved out of Mumbai!!

Btw, since you know the UB and their burger you will know how that stuff is simply unbeatable. I am yet to try out any better burger than that. I have checked out the McD, Marry Brown, Wave, Vacs and so many others. The only other thing that I love in that format is the aapla Vada Pav (Vasant Kunj outside Thane station anyone)...
Old 26th April 2006, 17:52   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner
Hey dude great going with that detailing my mouth again started watering for these things man... Damm my office and my Canten Sucks big time...

I wonder when i'm comming to Secunderabad...
I will tell you what... if you can not find a decent burger go to a sandswich waala and ask him to make a nice chicken double sandwitch (club sandwitch) with two large cheese spreads/slices on both end... also ask him to give an extra dollop of mayo if needed.
Old 26th April 2006, 20:28   #55
BHPian

Quote:
The bucket at Rs.175 (they dropped prices recently) is a good deal.
Sorry Zappo. But 175 is it's showroom price. The bucket bucket on road costs Rs. 186 (inclusive taxes)

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 26th April 2006, 20:58   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I will tell you what... if you can not find a decent burger go to a sandswich waala and ask him to make a nice chicken double sandwitch (club sandwitch) with two large cheese spreads/slices on both end... also ask him to give an extra dollop of mayo if needed.
U mean even the normal sandwich walas have got such exiting menus...

Damm the sandwich wala's of mumbai
Old 27th April 2006, 02:23   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner
Damm the sandwich wala's of mumbai
the raste ka sandwich of mumbai is damn famous and ppl just love their sandwiches.......i dont but thts just a personal choice......for me to enjoy a meal i need some meaatttttt
Old 27th April 2006, 10:57   #58
Senior - BHPian

I don't believe the number of KFC fans on this forum!

Quote:
I can't eat get to eat half as decent tandoori chicken here! All the indian restaurants suck at food.
Thats exactly the case here in Toronto too. Haven't been able to find a decent Indian restaurant in over a year now. Haven't tried the fancy ones yet though. All the Indian restaurants have been canadianized!

Quote:
KFC has hideously huge amounts of oil as you all know already and just no taste.
Old 27th April 2006, 11:02   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Thats exactly the case here in Toronto too. Haven't been able to find a decent Indian restaurant in over a year now. Haven't tried the fancy ones yet though.
Amit, when u have the time, there is a small town about 120 kms from Toronto, called Waterloo. I dont remember the name of its twin city now. But in Waterloo, close to Davenport Apartments, there is a small restaurant which used to be called Samosas and Dosas. The food there is as authentic as it can get.
Give it a shot, if its still there. That placed helped me a lot in the 8 - 9 months that i was there.

Amitoj
Old 28th April 2006, 05:44   #60
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
I don't believe the number of KFC fans on this forum!

Thats exactly the case here in Toronto too. Haven't been able to find a decent Indian restaurant in over a year now. Haven't tried the fancy ones yet though. All the Indian restaurants have been canadianized!

hey amit,

I went to Brar's (which is a chain I think) when I was there Not bad food I say...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks